Da Official True Blood Season 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    sdca wrote: »
    Maybe, Steve Newlin is associated with Russell.

When Jessica said 'My dad is the King', Newlin replied with 'not anymore'. How does he know?

& The subplot with Terry is boring. I really hope they don't drag his storyline out all season.
    Hell no!!! I think it's something new and would be very interesting. I don't know, I just like the fact that it's something mysterious that's gonna have us all guessing

BK Product wrote: »
    what the ? was up with that old painting on the wall? they zoomed in on it like it was important. was that dude from oz a long time ago. was that showing how old he was? I noticed russle had one of those paintings of himself too.

I think so... prolly to show how long he has been in charge?

IMO
    Newlin is tooo weak to break Russell out of silver... most vampires probably are. There has to be another faction that is against mainstreaming...which is why they grilled Bill so hard about him believeing their bible. Someone is takig care of Russel...probably someone on the council.

we still havent found out where Jesus' body went...

anyone remember where Sookie and Lafayette buried debbie?
    Those are the type of paintings that come from mid evil times and the dark ages. Meaning his age has to be in the thousands. He probably older than russell because he seems not to give a ? about him.

Yeah I think the council is only grilling them because of this "faction" that's going up against them too. It only makes sense because ned was the cornerstone in their agenda. They didn't really give a ? about her life anyway because they were going to ? her remember?

I think jesus body was taken by his gramps. Probably on some mexican witch tradition ? . Or the council probably heard about his power and snatched his body up. I hope we hear more about these "demons" in the show.

@PaperPlaneJane
    Yeah I think you right about them grooming the rev to be the "new face" of vampires. I thought it was weird that the council was going to ? ned. She never really explained why they wanted her dead(or did she? can't remember). They been waiting to replace her with the rev after season 2.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lilith, according to some Jew myths, ? created her and Adam at the same time, but I guess Lilith thoughts Adam was damn boring because she left him and the Paradise and hooked up whith a demon named Asmoedus and had a lot of monster kids.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

When Jessica said 'My dad is the King', Newlin replied with 'not anymore'. How does he know?

& The subplot with Terry is boring. I really hope they don't drag his storyline out all season.
    Hell no!!! I think it's something new and would be very interesting. I don't know, I just like the fact that it's something mysterious that's gonna have us all guessing

what the ? was up with that old painting on the wall? they zoomed in on it like it was important. was that dude from oz a long time ago. was that showing how old he was? I noticed russle had one of those paintings of himself too.

IMO
    Newlin is tooo weak to break Russell out of silver... most vampires probably are. There has to be another faction that is against mainstreaming...which is why they grilled Bill so hard about him believeing their bible. Someone is takig care of Russel...probably someone on the council.

Those are the type of paintings that come from mid evil times and the dark ages. Meaning his age has to be in the thousands. He probably older than russell because he seems not to give a ? about him.

Yeah I think the council is only grilling them because of this "faction" that's going up against them too. It only makes sense because ned was the cornerstone in their agenda. They didn't really give a ? about her life anyway because they were going to ? her remember?

I think jesus body was taken by his gramps. Probably on some mexican witch tradition ? . Or the council probably heard about his power and snatched his body up. I hope we hear more about these "demons" in the show.

@PaperPlaneJane
    Yeah I think you right about them grooming the rev to be the "new face" of vampires. I thought it was weird that the council was going to ? ned. She never really explained why they wanted her dead(or did she? can't remember). They been waiting to replace her with the rev after season 2.

cosign all of this.....

I think Nan was gonna get killed cuz she couldnt keep a leash on Bill and Eric... Like the Authority said: they shot a RPG at Marnie's place... the tolerance festival was a mess... ? wait until they find out about the fairy problem.

They seem to be very worried about Russell so i think there is more history there... maybe he used to be apart of the Authority?
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

IMO

@PaperPlaneJane

cosign all of this.....

I think Nan was gonna get killed cuz she couldnt keep a leash on Bill and Eric... Like the Authority said: they shot a RPG at Marnie's place... the tolerance festival was a mess... ? wait until they find out about the fairy problem.

They seem to be very worried about Russell so i think there is more history there... maybe he used to be apart of the Authority?

I think Russell & Roman were part of the original Authority....as in they founded the whole thing. I think Roman, and whoever else were part of the original Authority, pushed Russell out because he probably started the whole movement of taking the Vampire bible literally and not wanting to mainstream. I think Roman is worried about Russell because of the faction within the Authority that doesn't want to mainstream. He is probably as old or older than Russell himself and can take him in a fight but he would be outnumbered if he had to deal with people in the inside trying to take him and his agenda down too. I think he wants to bring Russell in because he thinks that will help weed out the moles on the inside.
  • darkrain
    Options

My theory is that because of Steve's past debates with Nan, he probably has an Authority source who gives him the dirt on all major vamp news in general and those involving the Authority in particular.
  • sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    Options

I've always liked Terry as a character, but I don't find him important enough to have his own story.
    His PTSD/military past- seems pointless. It has nothing to do with anything. The subplot is too disconnected from the primary
    Of course idk where this is leading, it could get interesting for me as the season goes on, but as of now... not so much

Don't you miss having the supporting characters...just be the support? lol
    Director is forcing everyone to be a main character... there is no cohesiveness

• sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    Options

darkrain wrote: »

My theory is that because of Steve's past debates with Nan, he probably has an Authority source who gives him the dirt on all major vamp news in general and those involving the Authority in particular.
    Yep, or maybe someone from the Authority turned Steve to replace Nan
    He is a popular public figure to use as the new spokesperson.

It'd be cool if Nan was actually his maker. Would that be too far-fetched? : )

• darkrain
    Options

IMO

@PaperPlaneJane

cosign all of this.....

I think Russell & Roman were part of the original Authority....as in they founded the whole thing. I think Roman, and whoever else were part of the original Authority, pushed Russell out because he probably started the whole movement of taking the Vampire bible literally and not wanting to mainstream. I think Roman is worried about Russell because of the faction within the Authority that doesn't want to mainstream. He is probably as old or older than Russell himself and can take him in a fight but he would be outnumbered if he had to deal with people in the inside trying to take him and his agenda down too. I think he wants to bring Russell in because he thinks that will help weed out the moles on the inside.

If that were the case I think they would've assassinated him years ago unless they were worried about what his followers would do in retaliation. I think that they've known all along about Russell's world ? plans, but didn't worry about it because they were always too crazy to succeed and a secret to the outside world.

• apollo greed
    apollo greed Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Only other person who knew that Russell was buried there was Eric, Bill and Alcide it was his construction site.

I could see the Rev feeding Russell to get his strength back. Just don't know why he'd act like he wanted peace still between humans and vamps if Russell completely ? on that idea.

Btw I'm cool with the wolves and they dont have a bunch of crazy CGI.

Remember in season 3, after the whole Fellowship of The Sun thing ended, they had it on the news that Newlin was missing. Flash to this season when Newlin went to Jason's and he said it was his punishment. I think the Authority took him and one of them turned him so he could be the face of Vampire/Human relations like Nan Flannigan was before Bill & Eric murked her. Thats why he was on TV during last episode trying to say he's seen the light and vampires aren't a threat.

As far as Newlin being involved with Russell in any capacity....its possible but I don't think he is. I think he's just working for the Authority now.

I agree with this explaination. I believe Russell turned Newlin in more ways then one...lol. Which is why Newlin is now a Vamp and is ? . I also believe Newlin felt that Russell was in danger thru his connection with his maker and he was the one who came to free Russell. He is also the one who is supplying him with food too. Yep, best logic I got.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    edited June 2012
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Only other person who knew that Russell was buried there was Eric, Bill and Alcide it was his construction site.

I could see the Rev feeding Russell to get his strength back. Just don't know why he'd act like he wanted peace still between humans and vamps if Russell completely ? on that idea.

Btw I'm cool with the wolves and they dont have a bunch of crazy CGI.

Remember in season 3, after the whole Fellowship of The Sun thing ended, they had it on the news that Newlin was missing. Flash to this season when Newlin went to Jason's and he said it was his punishment. I think the Authority took him and one of them turned him so he could be the face of Vampire/Human relations like Nan Flannigan was before Bill & Eric murked her. Thats why he was on TV during last episode trying to say he's seen the light and vampires aren't a threat.

As far as Newlin being involved with Russell in any capacity....its possible but I don't think he is. I think he's just working for the Authority now.

I agree with this explaination. I believe Russell turned Newlin in more ways then one...lol. Which is why Newlin is now a Vamp and is ? . I also believe Newlin felt that Russell was in danger thru his connection with his maker and he was the one who came to free Russell. He is also the one who is supplying him with food too. Yep, best logic I got.

Newlin went missing before Russell was buried. I don't think he turned Newlin. If Russell was his maker he wouldn't be on TV trying to get the counrty to accept vampires. Russell hates humans and doesn't believe in mainstreaming. Its more like someone who works for the Authority took Newlin and turned him. And Newlin already told Jason in the first episode this seasond he was ? back when Jason was with the Fellowship of the Sun in season 2. Russell didn't even come into the picture until season 3

• BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...im interested to see where this is all going... hope it delivers.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ...im interested to see where this is all going... hope it delivers.

me too but i have a strong feeling that this season is going to be like the last. a bunch of unnecessary plot lines just to lead on viewers. They won't be pursued or even if they are, it's just to a dead end.

• (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    Options
    (UNKNOWN) wrote: »
    So nobody go talk about Eric ? his sister like that.

Not his real sister........they have the same maker which makes them Vampire siblings but not by blood. Plus almost all of us here watch GoT.......we've pretty much been desensitized by ? on HBO....

Oh ok. the way Bill looked at him when he said his sister I thought it was some sick ? ...
  • (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    Options
    everybody talkin about the ? rev but HBO make some of the most unlikely people ? in they series.

when I look at this show I don't see a reason why HBO made Lafayette ? . Its like they enjoy takin a strong male and make them ? . the man work two jobs and sell drugs and the only black guy in the town and he ? .

Look at the Omar on The Wire, he was the most respected out of any cop or crook and the whole show. He rob from the hood rich to give to the poor, the man never cause harm to anyone that wasn't in the game, He respect the 7th day as a holy day, he had codes and rules he lived by but they made him a ? for no reason what so ever.

Did the same thing with Vito on the Sopranos. I waiting on these HBO writers to make somebody ? on Boardwalk just because they like to push that ? in people face.
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lafayette is ? , because he's ? in the book.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is much more faggotry in True Blood than just Lafayette. And he also counts as excess faggotry because his ? -ass was supposed to be dead, so in keepin him around they are throwing extra faggotry in for now reason.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    (UNKNOWN) wrote: »
    everybody talkin about the ? rev but HBO make some of the most unlikely people ? in they series.

when I look at this show I don't see a reason why HBO made Lafayette ? . Its like they enjoy takin a strong male and make them ? . the man work two jobs and sell drugs and the only black guy in the town and he ? .

Look at the Omar on The Wire, he was the most respected out of any cop or crook and the whole show. He rob from the hood rich to give to the poor, the man never cause harm to anyone that wasn't in the game, He respect the 7th day as a holy day, he had codes and rules he lived by but they made him a ? for no reason what so ever.

Did the same thing with Vito on the Sopranos. I waiting on these HBO writers to make somebody ? on Boardwalk just because they like to push that ? in people face.

Well to be fair, Omar is a composite character made up from a few real life people. One or more of them was probably ? .

That said HBO shows do go over the top with the ? ? . Sometimes it seems like they go out of their way to bombard the audience with homosexuality. Especially in this series.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    "Homosexual actors they influence kids" - Nipsey Hu$$le
  • mdcu16
    mdcu16 Members Posts: 297
    Options
    I can't wait to get back home Friday so that I can catch up on Season 5!
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tru blood is light weight losing my intrest...
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Seansosa wrote: »
    tru blood is light weight losing my intrest...
    lol ? this show is g.o.a.t!!!!!!!!!

Bruh, YO SIG IS G.O.A.T!!! you gone make a lot of rats mad bruh, your simp points are gonna go waaaaaaaay down after they see that truth in your sig. I'ma make a thread about that powerful sig if you don't mind.

• mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Somebody give sookie the true death
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too much ? going on.

Terry and whatever the hell he is involved in.

Jason ? .

Tara ol "you turned me into a monster."

Pam probably gonna go save her.

• Will Munny
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Okay so as much as I want Tara to die, Pam ain't ? if she doesn't save her.

Sookie really ain't ? . I was glad the show didn't twist it to make her seem like so innocent like they have before, but somehow they will in the future, or Alcide will turn into a ? and just somehow get over it.

I'm not diggin the new Jason Stackhouse.

Po' Nora.

It was hilarious when Terry was like "can't say" "don't know" "Not sure"
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    So now we know how damaged Jason is and why......? was really sad actually. I wonder if Sookie know about the teacher pretty much molesting him?

Kinda shocked @ how Eric & Pam really came to be. She pretty much forced him to turn her cuz she was depressed.

LMAO @ Eric shittin on Bill even back then.

LMAO @ the ether all over Eric face when he realized that Bill got some from ol girl first....
    "You know when they say about gentalmen...they don't brag about sloppy seconds." - Bill