Da Official True Blood Season 5 Thread

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Poor Sam, dude can't catch a break. Nh

Law and Order SVU guy was more like his OZ character.

That fact combine with the history of this show means he will undoubtedly be doing some ? ? soon.
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    tara messed up the ep for me and it already wasnt all that good...i knew that line was coming but when she said it i still wasnt prepared for it. SMH
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    lol @ the Tara hate. She wasn't even coherent this episode, how could she have possibly annoyed you guys already?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    WTF? She hated vampires with a passion, and they turned her into one. LaFayette already knew how she'd respond to it. He wanted to ? her to make up it for goodness sake. And how is she whining. She said she wouldn't forgive them and left. It's not like she threw a pity party in the middle of the living room. What was she supposed to say when she regained her senses and realized her predicament?

I ain't saying Tara is a great character, but at least give her a few lines of dialogue before you condemn her usage this season.

Cosign the comments about the werewolves though. I don't have a problem with them going the dire wolf route instead of actual man-wolves, but they aren't even dire wolves. They are using actual wolves so the werewolves in this season are normal wolf sized with normal wolf attributes. Again, in a show where you have shape shifters that can be any animal, a group that can only turn into wolves are pretty underwhelming. I guess it's been suggested that the werewolves do have some supernatural powers. For instance, they've been stated to be almost as fast and maybe even faster than vampires, but this hasn't really been seen. Not to mention that, in human form they aren't really any more imposing than normal humans.
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    yeah tara's annoying me again

i really liked pam's back story too, speaking of which, so that was jack the ripper eric killed right?
    minus tara, i think this season is looking promising

didnt think about that.. it'd be kinda random if he was.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    kai_valya wrote: »
    yeah tara's annoying me again

i really liked pam's back story too, speaking of which, so that was jack the ripper eric killed right?

minus tara, i think this season is looking promising

Naw. The Eric/Pam first meeting was set in 1905 San Fransisco.......Jack the Ripper was in London and before 1905 I think. Dude Eric killed was just some unknown ? . Too dope tho how Eric killed him....licked his fingers like he was eating some Popeyes. LOL.

• BK Product
    Options
    Yea Eric kept it "G"
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

I ain't saying Tara is a great character, but at least give her a few lines of dialogue before you condemn her usage this season.

? that, she has zero equity left. That ? was just so classicly tara "I will never forgive either of ya'll." Just her being a whiny ? all over. "oh woe is me, I got dome checked by a crazy werewolf ? but you let me live on, ? everybody." with a quivering lower lip.

And they aren't really even Dire Wolves, they are just regular sized wolves, and when they aren't CG they aren't even wolves at all, they are ? huskies.

Luna baby was a ? damn husky puppy for christs sake.
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone has to be bringing humans to Russell, right? At the end of the premiere when it showed someone getting yanked into the room, I assumed it was Russell, but given the condition he was in at the end of this episode I find it hard to believe he's on his own.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think somebody on the counsel is working with russel. Remember Russel said some ? in season 3 about he wasn't worried about the counsel. He said something like he had somebody keeping an eye on them or some ? . I think it might be that old lady because she seems hella blood thirsty.

what the ? was up with that old painting on the wall? they zoomed in on it like it was important. was that dude from oz a long time ago. was that showing how old he was? I noticed russle had one of those paintings of himself too.

lilith.............? so I guess dracula doesn't exist in the true blood world.....my dreams have been shattered.

I miss the queen of Louisiana, I wanted to see her back story. Any of you book readers got any info on her past?
    lol @ the guy interrogator. I've only seen him on this show and Hell on Wheels. That's two vastly different shows and yet he's still manages to play practically identical characters.
    That guy always play some spooky guy type of roles. I can't think of the names of the shows/movies but he's always some spooky looking assistant to the bad guy/s.

• loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options
    tara may not last too long.I don't see her being good at vampire politics

Pam is the ?
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkrain wrote: »
    Someone has to be bringing humans to Russell, right? At the end of the premiere when it showed someone getting yanked into the room, I assumed it was Russell, but given the condition he was in at the end of this episode I find it hard to believe he's on his own.

I'm thinking it may be another faction in the authority, but who ever it was had to know where they had buried him...

Who else knew where Russell was buried aside from Bill and Eric?

The same person is probably responsible for turning Newlin into a vampire.

smh

The ? vampire faction.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This interview with the actress that plays Tara makes her a lot more likable.

http://tvline.com/2012/06/10/rutina-wesley-tara-season-5-true-blood/

TVLINE | How long have you known?
    I’ve known since last season. Three quarters of the way through last season I found out.

TVLINE | What was your reaction?
    I was initially terrified because I was being shot in the head. [Laughs] I was like, “Where is that going to lead?” But I was also excited because I was going to be able to create a whole new Tara in a way, and explore a whole new physicality.

TVLINE | Was there a part of you that was like, “Damn, now I have to wear those uncomfortable fangs!”
    Yes. There was a point when Stephen [Moyer] came up to me in the makeup trailer and said, “Still enjoying being a vampire?” [Laughs] It is difficult. It’s a whole new routine you have to get used to. But it’s been so much fun.

TVLINE | What was it like the first time you saw yourself with the fangs in?
    I took a bunch of goofy pictures in my trailer. I was looking at myself and like, “Oh my ? !” It was very weird getting used to seeing my face with fangs popping out. The thing that’s hard is talking with them. We have this thing that if you can say Sookie Stackhouse then you’re good.

TVLINE | Can you say Sookie Stackhouse?
    Yes. [Laughs] I can say it without slurring my S’s.

TVLINE | Last season Tara mellowed out a little bit, but this season — at least in the first four episodes — she’s angrier and more ? off than ever!
    It’s fun being feral, as they call it. [Laughs] She’s only been a vampire for a minute, and what transpires when she comes out of the grave is the most chaotic crazy thing; she doesn’t know what to do. And the most important thing is the relationship between her and Sookie and her and Lafayette and how all of that plays out.

TVLINE | Can she forgive them for turning her into the very thing she hates the most?
    I don’t know. Only time will tell. I can say that the relationships will never be the same. It’s definitely a game-changer on many levels.

TVLINE | The best thing to come out of this, at least in my opinion, is that it bonded Tara with Pam for life. Talk about a dysfunctional relationship.
    I think Kristin Bauer is a goddess. She’s been so much fun to work with, and so sweet to me. She’s been giving me [vampire] pointers. She’s the one person who I hadn’t worked with, so it’s been amazing to get the chance to work with her. Their relationship is going to be fun because they both say what they want. They’re both like, “Whatever.” It’s going to be interesting to see how that relationship grows — if it does grow.

TVLINE | What does this mean for Tara romantically?
    I don’t know if she’s even thinking about romance right now. [Laughs] Love is the furthest thing from her mind.

TVLINE | Is she still into women?
    She likes who she likes. And now that she’s a vampire, well, vampires like everybody — which I love. [Laughs] They love who they love. They’re like, “You look good to me right now. You’re B-negative? Cool. Get over here.” [Laughs]
  • young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My biggest problem with the show is...(drum roll please)...The fuggin werewolves. These have to be the weakest interpretation of werewolves in the history of werewolves. These ? are essentially dogs that are constantly on some brady bunch pack ? . Can we please get the underworld wolves to show these muthafuggas a thing or 10. They literally look like my neighbors dog, I can't take them seriously.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

? that, she has zero equity left. That ? was just so classicly tara "I will never forgive either of ya'll." Just her being a whiny ? all over. "oh woe is me, I got dome checked by a crazy werewolf ? but you let me live on, ? everybody." with a quivering lower lip.

And they aren't really even Dire Wolves, they are just regular sized wolves, and when they aren't CG they aren't even wolves at all, they are ? huskies.

What should she have said? Give me an alternative that would have been in line with her character. If she had been excited about being a vampire? That honestly wouldn't have made sense.

• sdca
    sdca Members Posts: 290 ✭✭
    Options
    Maybe, Steve Newlin is associated with Russell.

When Jessica said 'My dad is the King', Newlin replied with 'not anymore'. How does he know?

& The subplot with Terry is boring. I really hope they don't drag his storyline out all season.
  • Will Munny
    Options

What should she have said? Give me an alternative that would have been in line with her character. If she had been excited about being a vampire? That honestly wouldn't have made sense.

There in lies the hate I have for her. Her character is a whiny ? .
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only other person who knew that Russell was buried there was Eric, Bill and Alcide it was his construction site.

I could see the Rev feeding Russell to get his strength back. Just don't know why he'd act like he wanted peace still between humans and vamps if Russell completely ? on that idea.

Btw I'm cool with the wolves and they dont have a bunch of crazy CGI.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    edited June 2012
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    Only other person who knew that Russell was buried there was Eric, Bill and Alcide it was his construction site.

I could see the Rev feeding Russell to get his strength back. Just don't know why he'd act like he wanted peace still between humans and vamps if Russell completely ? on that idea.

Btw I'm cool with the wolves and they dont have a bunch of crazy CGI.

Remember in season 3, after the whole Fellowship of The Sun thing ended, they had it on the news that Newlin was missing. Flash to this season when Newlin went to Jason's and he said it was his punishment. I think the Authority took him and one of them turned him so he could be the face of Vampire/Human relations like Nan Flannigan was before Bill & Eric murked her. Thats why he was on TV during last episode trying to say he's seen the light and vampires aren't a threat.

As far as Newlin being involved with Russell in any capacity....its possible but I don't think he is. I think he's just working for the Authority now.

• Will Munny
    Options
    Yo what if it was Pam that set Russell free on some scorned lover ? ? Not literally but you know what i mean.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yo what if it was Pam that set Russell free on some scorned lover ? ? Not literally but you know what i mean.

I don't think she would go that far tho. If anything it would make Eric even more mad at her which you could tell by how she's been acting so far this season, that's the last thing she wants. She might be a lover scorned but she the most loyal out of anybody off the show. I doubt she would do it.....

Plus she was in on it anyway....even if she did release him Russell probably would ? her anyway just cuz.

And lets not forget.......Nora (Eric's sister)......I'm pretty sure he told her where Russell was....and she's part of a group trying to take down the Authority from the inside.

• BK Product
    Options
    what the ? was up with that old painting on the wall? they zoomed in on it like it was important. was that dude from oz a long time ago. was that showing how old he was? I noticed russle had one of those paintings of himself too.

I think so... prolly to show how long he has been in charge?

IMO
    Newlin is tooo weak to break Russell out of silver... most vampires probably are. There has to be another faction that is against mainstreaming...which is why they grilled Bill so hard about him believeing their bible. Someone is takig care of Russel...probably someone on the council.

we still havent found out where Jesus' body went...

anyone remember where Sookie and Lafayette buried debbie?
  • (UNKNOWN)
    (UNKNOWN) Members Posts: 787
    Options
    So nobody go talk about Eric ? his sister like that.

• PaperPlaneJane
    edited June 2012
    Options
    (UNKNOWN) wrote: »
    So nobody go talk about Eric ? his sister like that.

Not his real sister........they have the same maker which makes them Vampire siblings but not by blood. Plus almost all of us here watch GoT.......we've pretty much been desensitized by ? on HBO....
  • darkrain
    darkrain Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Now more than ever, Sookie ? me off. As if her compliance in turning Tara wasn't bad enough, when Lafayette initially tried to do the right thing and put Tara out of her misery, Sookie talked him out of it, using Jessica as an excuse. Jessica "normal?" She hasn't been that way since she got turned and she never will be again. Jessica doesn't live on TruBlood alone-not even close. Jessica feeds on and occasionally kills humans to survive. Tara is not Jessica. No vampire is ever the same after being turned. At least Jessica has a maker who actually gives a ? about her, unlike Pam.

Sookie also had no business promising Lala that things would get better for Tara. Sookie's a mindreader, not a psychic. IMO Sookie doesn't give a ? about Tara's feelings because if she did, then she would be dead, not undead. Tara has every right to be ? at Sookie and Lala. Because of them, Tara and who knows how many unsuspecting humans are going to pay for their mistake-Tara forever; the rest in blood. BTW Sook, there's a big difference between ? vampires and being one. Unless Sookie's been through what Tara's going through-and last time I checked, she hasn't-she needs to ? .