The Official Dark Knight Rises Thread

Options

Comments

• young_belvi
    young_belvi Members Posts: 732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not to mention all this talk about character development. Did ya'll not see what Nolan did with the Joker in TDK? We don't know his origins, we just know his ? crazy and intent on murking ? . Harvey was just a nice guy DA who use to work in Internal affairs...ohhh but now Bane and Thalia need these long drawn out super back stories? ? outta here with all that damn nitpicking.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not to mention all this talk about character development. Did ya'll not see what Nolan did with the Joker in TDK? We don't know his origins, we just know his ? crazy and intent on murking ? . Harvey was just a nice guy DA who use to work in Internal affairs...ohhh but now Bane and Thalia need these long drawn out super back stories? ? outta here with all that damn nitpicking.
    Like I said, they can't be real fans. These people claim they are though lol. ? is like watching a science fiction or horror movie with the "average type" of female.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said, they can't be real fans. These people claim they are though lol. ? is like watching a science fiction or horror movie with the "average type" of female.

man shut the ? up
  • tFiasco
    tFiasco Members Posts: 8
    edited August 2012
    Options

They don't hear you tho
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keep defending that plot hole....it even said in the begining he aint been seen for 8 years but he been throwing parties. Also its well known in the bat universe even this one he is a world reknown celeb. He was a damn trillionaire
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Though I am not one of the people nitpicking.. I believe he was a billionaire not trillionaire.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO those questioning the plot holes of the movie while legit I believe 9 outta 10 are not really Batman fans from the comics..more like casual heads.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its been established comic he is close to trillions...movie yea might be billions, i pretty sure forbes did an article on. Richest comic dudes. Bruce got money for days hand in everything
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Before Prokhorov (owner of the Nets) bought the team & moved them to Brooklyn how many of you all knew of him or what he looked like? He's like the 39th richest person in the world or something though you knew jack ? about him until he bought the Nets. Never mind the fact that he's been in dozens of business magazines & all over the Internet before that. Before his Nets purchase he could've been in an elevator with you & you wouldn't have known him from a hole in the wall.

Ironically he fits the same description as Bruce Wayne/Batman for the most part.

My point being... ? with all that, "he's a billionaire so everybody knows him," ? .
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How many would be able to pick out Warren Buffet if he walked down the street...
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    How many would be able to pick out Warren Buffet if he walked down the street...

I dunno, but the point is...all it would take is one person and at least one person would be able to. Then its global news.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta co-sign the fellow comic readers. Stop nit-picking on little ? .
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How close was the movie to Knightfall?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    How close was the movie to Knightfall?

No Very ..But One Key Sequence

• huey
    Options
    Bane cracking his back?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    Bane cracking his back?
    Yessir..That And Alfred Resigning...I Might Be Forgetting Something
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MobTown wrote: »
    Its been established comic he is close to trillions...movie yea might be billions, i pretty sure forbes did an article on. Richest comic dudes. Bruce got money for days hand in everything
    MobTown wrote: »

forbes calculated it to 6.5 billion and wayne enterprise at 22.4 billion
    In the original version of the story and the vast majority of retellings, Batman's secret identity is Bruce Wayne, an American millionaire (later billionaire) playboy, industrialist, and philanthropist.

From the Bat wiki.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh at ? now going back and forth on whether he was a billionaire or trillionaire.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Just saw it in IMAX, great movie. I cant wait to cop and see it on blu ray. The pacing in this movie was excellent, never a dull moment.The sound and music knocked hard in IMAX, too, the explosions had the whole theater rumbling like it was happening right outside. Ill as ? .
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo this ? was the GOAT

Tom Hardy did such a good job and I loved how ruthless bane was and he killed ? left and right like nothing. He had a ? feeling bad for batman when he kept punching his face in in the sewer. And when they first fought and how batman was yellling as he was punching, to no avail it was the first time ever where he looked weak and not in control and it was saddening so it made it an even better watch. Bane had a ? saying "damn" when he was light batman up with them rapid fire punches and then the pillar.

Alfred crying had me a lil choked up I aint gonna lie lol and the scene when the football stadium/bridges/parts of the city get blown up was epic. And I kinda wanted that bomb to go off in the city..

Only thing that made me upset is that I missed the entire first 10 mins because my girl made me get popcorn and ? . I was mad for like the first hr. (who got that first scene so I can watch it) And maybe because since it was in IMAX because that ? was dumb loud but at some points I struggled to hear alot of bane's dialogue. I kept not understanding what dude said.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options

Tom Hardy did such a good job and I loved how ruthless bane was and he killed ? left and right like nothing. He had a ? feeling bad for batman when he kept punching his face in in the sewer.

tom hardy was great imo.

and see'in Batman get beat the ? up was my fav part of the movie. when bain cracked his mask. my jaw actually dropped. i cant tell u the last time my jaw actually dropped durin a movie.

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    lol @ the misuse of "plot hole"

why did miranda sleep with bruce??? PLOT HOLE!!!!!!!!
    how did catwoman know how to drive the batpod??? PLOT HOLE!!!!
    why isn't bruce wayne a household name on the whole planet??? PLOT HOLE!!!!

? .
  • bham100
    bham100 Members Posts: 316
    Options
    Good end to a great trilogy but in the IMax i was struggling to hear half of what Bane was saying. ? ruined it a little for me
  • huey
    Options
    was it too loud or something
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @bham100 The same ? happened with me. Imax made bane's voice so damn loud at certain times I struggled to understand what he was saying and bane had great dialogue so I felt kinda down about it. Then when the bat plane made its first apperance that ? was so loud it had a ? 's chest shaking and ? .

Still loved it though..