Options

Comments

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Saw it last nite

It was a good film. Nothing too spectacular as the trailers tried to assume

I feel the 2nd film is the best out of the trilogy with the best villain as well (sometimes I just wanted Bane to ? in this film).

3/5

C/S the bolded a lil too talkative at times and the dialogue in the opening scene didnt seem natural, Example "bane was it your plan to get caught" Im sitting there thinking why is banes captor kissing his ass, The writers should of just let banes actions speak for itself rather than a introduction on top of a introduction, you dont have to build bane up more then he needs to be, dont undermine the audience let us figure it out ourselves or at least let bane reveal his plan after he has broken loose.

And to be honest that Robin twist was forced and corny I gotta keep it 100....first name Robin really? It seemed they threw that in there just for effect/shock value...Then it kind of confuses matters as of to what future role hes going to take new batman or robin...The whole thing just seemed unneccessary....And throwing in tim drake didnt help either I mean you left robin out for this long they might as well have just kep it that way.

But like I said alright movie...ill admit my expectations were super high cause of DK...I wanted more action than words from bane....But overall I appreciate what Nolan did with Batman the trilogy and a whole new outlook on superhero movies in general.

• CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey....isnt bane supposed to be colombian..
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bane is from the fictional island of Santa Prisca... in the latin carribean close to Cuba and Puerto Rico.. He was born and raised in the prison to serve out his father's sentence.
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joker was a more entertaining villian, but that's about the only category he wins. Bane made the joker look like a petty criminal.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Drake wasnt in this movie
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt think so either but I could of sworn somebody here said one of the kids were named tim.....
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    just saw the movie, man this movie was great. i didnt actually expected this movie to even be close to TDK but this might even be better! and i thought batman really died :/
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt think so either but I could of sworn somebody here said one of the kids were named tim.....

Yea, someone in the thread said that.
    skooby2315 wrote: »
    just saw the movie, man this movie was great. i didnt actually expected this movie to even be close to TDK but this might even be better! and i thought batman really died :/

You thought he died after the movie was over, or you still think that?
    Every sign basically points toward him being alive.

Anyway, I actually felt bad when Bane died haha. I was rooting for duke at the end.
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

His name was Tim, but his full name wasnt no Tim Drake. That would have made sense.
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kinda off topic but i never knew about this deleted scene from Batman Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3HwRnU4ryM

is that Man-Bat??? crazy..
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »

Yea, someone in the thread said that.
    skooby2315 wrote: »

You thought he died after the movie was over, or you still think that?
    Every sign basically points toward him being alive.

Anyway, I actually felt bad when Bane died haha. I was rooting for duke at the end.

no i didn't think that anymore until fox was talkin to them dudes bout what he needs to fix it, and then they were like it doesn't need fix. Wayne already fixed it.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? in here ? ' like a ?

u ? nitpick that much in real life? thats some female ? .. Ol "yea she fine as hell but i didnt ? her cuz her bra and panties didnt match" ass ?

Excuses usually used to defend a subpar movie. TDKR was instantly forgettable and by the time the reboot comes out no one will remember this failure.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    ? in here ? ' like a ?

u ? nitpick that much in real life? thats some female ? .. Ol "yea she fine as hell but i didnt ? her cuz her bra and panties didnt match" ass ?

Excuses usually used to defend a subpar movie. TDKR was instantly forgettable and by the time the reboot comes out no one will remember this failure.

BUt yet you went to the movie and saw it twice...
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    He's a Knick fan.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    I figure being a Knicks fan must suck you got to take your frustration out on something...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I'm guessin' the Knicks suck ? ?
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    So I'm guessin' the Knicks suck ? ?

Understatement. My team has won more titles in the last decade than they have won playoff games.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    kinda off topic but i never knew about this deleted scene from Batman Forever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3HwRnU4ryM

is that Man-Bat??? crazy..

yo i swear batman forever was slept on it was better than batman returns to me it was a lil campy but it was a good film
  • allied
    Options
    The reason my Knicks got brought into this isn't the issue. The issue is that this isn't a good film. The action wasn't well done and the story was poor. What Nolan has done is basically turned Batman, (who was awesome in Batman Begins, still a good movie). From a ninja who stays in the shadows to who is now a basically a supersoldier. A G.I. Joe. Think about it. This is Batman, do you think he should be dealing with stuff like atomic bombs?

Let's do an example. If that was really the case, and Gotham was under siege like that for 5 months, then why wouldn't Superman just swoop in there and grab that bomb, take it & and throw it into the Sun? What I'm saying is when it starts to come to Batman having to save cities & fight terrorism, it gets stupid. Batman is a crimefighter. He only operates at night and goes after killers like they Guy in the movie Seven. And IMO Bane wasn't good. He wasn't intimidating his voice was weird. There is no question Heath's death caused a big problem for this franchise.

And for my last thing I'll say this. Did that film look like it was worth 250 millions the make? Seriously? I seen stuff on youtube that is better than this ? I paid 14 dollars to see in IMAX!
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^

And it took you seeing it twice to come to this ? conclusion?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @allied

Dudes in here wacking his opinions all over because he feels the film ain't up to standards

Nolan needs to make a film with a smaller budget IMO to balance out some mis-steps hes taking as a filmmaker of late.

Films like Memento and Insomnia show his strengths better as a filmmaker
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    watched it and i liked it

it was just so ? long

thats my only criticism about the movie

i'm looking forward to the new superman movie though
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn good drop on the vid
  • allied
    Options
    major pain wrote: »
    ^^

And it took you seeing it twice to come to this ? conclusion?

No I saw it once in theaters and watched it again on bootleg. Wasn't getting tricked twice.