The Official Dark Knight Rises Thread

Options

Comments

• young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that Blake will be the next Batman...or Robin...Given that Batman had to go through a7-8 years of trainin' before becomin' the Bat...I doubt Blake will be any more than a cop who happens to kno' Catwoman (who, if I've read correctly, is an accomplice of Bane's)

Man I hear what you sayin but...I personally think that Batman is gone at the beginning of the movie and has been for 8 years...I think that scene with the kid asking "do you think he's coming back?" takes place early in the film and I think JGL character might be taking it upon himself to "protect" Gotham.

Blake is obviously a "big" character in the film seeing as how he's featured a lot in the trailers AND played by JGL. I doubt VERY seriously that he's "just some cop". I don't know if he takes up the mantle while Bat's back is broke..or if he takes up the mantle at the end and that scene of him looking over Gotham is his first day at the office but...it's a given that there will be SOME sort of twist. Plus ? Grayson used to be a cop AND I can't get over how much he LOOKS like a Robin type character. Judging from Nolan I know he likes "realism" so I'm guessing he will have a "realistic" approach on a Batman sidekick..but I do know that at one point when Batman was away from Gotham there was a cop that "tried out" as his replacement
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    young chad wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe that Blake will be the next Batman...or Robin...Given that Batman had to go through a7-8 years of trainin' before becomin' the Bat...I doubt Blake will be any more than a cop who happens to kno' Catwoman (who, if I've read correctly, is an accomplice of Bane's)

Man I hear what you sayin but...I personally think that Batman is gone at the beginning of the movie and has been for 8 years...I think that scene with the kid asking "do you think he's coming back?" takes place early in the film and I think JGL character might be taking it upon himself to "protect" Gotham.

Blake is obviously a "big" character in the film seeing as how he's featured a lot in the trailers AND played by JGL. I doubt VERY seriously that he's "just some cop". I don't know if he takes up the mantle while Bat's back is broke..or if he takes up the mantle at the end and that scene of him looking over Gotham is his first day at the office but...it's a given that there will be SOME sort of twist. Plus ? Grayson used to be a cop AND I can't get over how much he LOOKS like a Robin type character. Judging from Nolan I know he likes "realism" so I'm guessing he will have a "realistic" approach on a Batman sidekick..but I do know that at one point when Batman was away from Gotham there was a cop that "tried out" as his replacement

Yeah I hear that...Maybe at the beginnin' of the film, Batman disappears...? starts to get hectic...And Blake starts trainin' or something...

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dope pic with Bane standing on the Tumbler or w/e its called
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    'The Dark Knight Rises' star Christian Bale has revealed his desire to make another Batman movie, should director Christopher Nolan find a way to continue the story. The upcoming third instalment of Nolan's series is being promoted with the tagline "The Legend Ends", and the filmmaker has confirmed that it will be his last Batman movie.
    However, Bale told Empire magazine he would enjoy the challenge of furthering the story, saying, "My understanding is that this is the last one.I think it's appropriate, I think it's going out at the right time.But... if Chris came to me with a script and said, 'You know what? There is another story', then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work". Last month, Nolan confirmed that he still intends to leave the franchise after the upcoming movie, though with a plethora of new characters set to be introduced in 'The Dark Knight Rises', fans will no doubt be eager for a fourth movie. Studio bosses would also be hungry for Nolan to stay at the helm, assuming the film performs as it is expected to do at the box-office. Analysts suggested the movie is the only realistic competition to 'The Avengers' for the title of 2012's biggest movie.
    'The Dark Knight Rises' will hit cinemas in the UK and US on July 20, 2012. Exclusive footage from the film is set to premiere at this year's MTV Movie Awards.

Contactmusic
    Tweet
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i could see nolan wanting to do his own vision of the Darkj Knight Returns somewhere in the future. with an aged christian bale and henry cavill (since nolans in charge of Superman now too) also, enough time shouldve passed that someone else could take the joker part.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i could see JGL as taking up some sort of role as the protector of gotham. Wasnt batman hoping harvey dent could fulfill that role in TDK too?
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the posters about to go on my FB page can't wait!
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i could see JGL as taking up some sort of role as the protector of gotham. Wasnt batman hoping harvey dent could fulfill that role in TDK too?

like a vigilante cop obsessed wit Batman or trying to prove Bats innocence...Batman did take the blame for the people that Dent/2Face killed.

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks dope....I refuse to watch avengers... Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Avengers
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Looks dope....I refuse to watch avengers... Batman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Avengers

? you wont die happy until you see the avengers
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max-b wrote: »
    'The Dark Knight Rises' star Christian Bale has revealed his desire to make another Batman movie, should director Christopher Nolan find a way to continue the story. The upcoming third instalment of Nolan's series is being promoted with the tagline "The Legend Ends", and the filmmaker has confirmed that it will be his last Batman movie.
    However, Bale told Empire magazine he would enjoy the challenge of furthering the story, saying, "My understanding is that this is the last one.I think it's appropriate, I think it's going out at the right time.But... if Chris came to me with a script and said, 'You know what? There is another story', then I would love the challenge of making a fourth one work". Last month, Nolan confirmed that he still intends to leave the franchise after the upcoming movie, though with a plethora of new characters set to be introduced in 'The Dark Knight Rises', fans will no doubt be eager for a fourth movie. Studio bosses would also be hungry for Nolan to stay at the helm, assuming the film performs as it is expected to do at the box-office. Analysts suggested the movie is the only realistic competition to 'The Avengers' for the title of 2012's biggest movie.
    'The Dark Knight Rises' will hit cinemas in the UK and US on July 20, 2012. Exclusive footage from the film is set to premiere at this year's MTV Movie Awards.

Contactmusic
    Tweet

So could this mean batman doesnt die in dark knight rises?
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anne Hathaway Is A Female Ryan Gosling Overrated As ? ...? Aint Nothing To Look At Either...That Broad With Be Forever Princess Diaries No Matter How Many Nude Scenes She Does....This Trilogy Is Going Out With Sigh Instead Of Bang...Ain't No Way Its Surpassing It's Predecessor
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    a aged batman man would be dope.
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christian Bale already wants to do a fourth Batman film. So many new characters are introduced in this film that Bale believes their should be a quadruple. But Nolan has already said this is his last Batman film, money talks though. If this film breaks records(beats the Avengers) I believe It will be done.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max-b wrote: »

Contactmusic
    Tweet

So could this mean batman doesnt die in dark knight rises?

I don't know how it ends, but I'm thinking he does die and this interview is meant to throw people off.

nawledge_? wrote: »
    Anne Hathaway Is A Female Ryan Gosling Overrated As ? ...? Aint Nothing To Look At Either...That Broad With Be Forever Princess Diaries No Matter How Many Nude Scenes She Does....This Trilogy Is Going Out With Sigh Instead Of Bang...Ain't No Way Its Surpassing It's Predecessor

Smart man. I'll say it one last time until the movie comes out- after DKR is released, go back and read my posts about her playing this role then give a ? props for predicting that ? .

• Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark Knight Rises is already GOAT before the drop. I'm so glad that they took on Christopher Nolan from the The Dark Night to this latest outing. I hope Chris changes his mind and does another Batman. No more of that weirdo ? or taking the Batman character likely with him. Chris has revolutionized how you bring comic book characters to the screen. I still watch Dark Knight to this day with admiration for the deep character arcs and study. Can't wait for this one to drop...
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    I can't wait to see this movie. all the posters and banners and tv spots are getting me more excited for it.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people tryin to hate on TDKR already? bwahahahahah... ? is pathetic.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    people tryin to hate on TDKR already? bwahahahahah... ? is pathetic.

Its these 'against the grain' ? ...Makes me sick...Same ? said that DK was weak...Obviously, none of us have seen it, so none of us can judge it...But all the evidence suggests it will be a dopeboy movie
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How would of yall felt about this?

Warner Bros executives reportedly wanted Leonardo DiCaprio to play villain The Riddler in The Dark Knight Rises.

The superhero movie's co-writer David Goyer revealed in the latest issue of Empire that studio bosses suggested the casting to him at the premiere of The Dark Knight in 2008.

© PA Images

"Obviously it's gonna be The Riddler, and we want it to be Leonardo DiCaprio," a Warner Bros exec told Goyer.

Dark Knight Rises director Christopher Nolan instead chose Bane (Tom Hardy) and Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) as the antagonists for his final Batman movie. DiCaprio led the cast of Nolan's 2010 blockbuster Inception.

The Riddler has previously appeared in the '60s Batman TV series (portrayed by Frank Gorshin) and 1995's Batman Forever (played by Jim Carrey).

Dark Knight Rises co-writer Jonathan Nolan explained the creative team wanted "a more literal villain" to face Batman.

"Bane is a resourceful, cunning and committed villain who knows exactly what he wants. He wants Batman dead and Gotham in ruins. That's fitting for a third film," he said.

Director Nolan also disclosed that Hathaway's Gotham City cat burglar Selina Kyle is never referred to as "Catwoman" in the script for The Dark Knight Rises.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    leonardo is the GOAT white boy actor in drama films, but i think he aint want da pressure of trying to top the Joker from da last movie
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I heard rumors that Johnny Depp was also considered for Riddler role.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    Johnny Depp would have been better
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn, i really wish heath didn't die..

i feel like they coulda used some elements from silence of the lambs with joker advising bats on how to stop bane....

or they coulda did some natural born killers type ? with a joker prison break....

both concepts woulda been dope IMO