The Official Dark Knight Rises Thread

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WTF @ some clowns giving me a wack because I want to see the batmobile? Lol these anonymous buttoms are showing how many suckas are on the IC.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Bruce sacrifices his own life to ? Bane. John Blake takes up Batman
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im getting a no mans land vibe from all the destruction
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not feelin Bane's mask
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruce sacrifices his own life to ? Bane. John Blake takes up Batman

Yup...Although maybe not Batman...He's a lil small...he'll have another moniker...
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    im getting a no mans land vibe from all the destruction

Yea, it looks like that maybe where the story's going. destruction of the bridges, prisoners let loose and running amok, plus we know that Bane has an earth quake machine.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    John Blake becomes Nightwing
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if there gona say something about the joker..i know hes not in the movie but if bane breaks people out..how can u not expect the joker to be there..
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I trust Nolan, I really do but that Trailer didn't do it for me. Honestly this seems like "Rocky III" more than anything. I could tell the whole movie from the trailer. Batman gets his ass kicked almost till death, he goes back into hiding. There's a Love Story with Catwoman, Bane begans to wreak the city. Catwoman and Alfred convince Batman to come back. Then the final ? with Bane and Batman wins and goes off in the sunset. The End. Nolan in my opinion hasn't made a bad movie but that doesn't mean it won't happen. Traditionally Part III's are the trickiest of a trilogy and there really haven't been any good Part 3 Superhero movies (Superman III - weak, Spiderman 3 - terrible, X Man 3 - Weak, Batman Forever - average) you get the point. So though again I have complete faith in him, I won't be shocked if this is no where near "Dark Knight" level. With that said, Bane does look ruthless and the movie was shot really well, so I'm still excited but the trailer has me a little worried.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    after that trailer my hype died...cat women seems tacked on...and its just bleh....not getting the feeling bane is a bad ? like i do when he is in the comics...luckly this is 2 months after avengers so i will be hyped back up maybe
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    Options
    inthacut wrote: »
    between this and prometheus i dont know which one i want to see more.

Same here. Those are my top two this summer.
  • ...MVP...
    Options
    I trust Nolan, I really do but that Trailer didn't do it for me. Honestly this seems like "Rocky III" more than anything. I could tell the whole movie from the trailer. Batman gets his ass kicked almost till death, he goes back into hiding. There's a Love Story with Catwoman, Bane begans to wreak the city. Catwoman and Alfred convince Batman to come back. Then the final ? with Bane and Batman wins and goes off in the sunset. The End. Nolan in my opinion hasn't made a bad movie but that doesn't mean it won't happen. Traditionally Part III's are the trickiest of a trilogy and there really haven't been any good Part 3 Superhero movies (Superman III - weak, Spiderman 3 - terrible, X Man 3 - Weak, Batman Forever - average) you get the point. So though again I have complete faith in him, I won't be shocked if this is no where near "Dark Knight" level. With that said, Bane does look ruthless and the movie was shot really well, so I'm still excited but the trailer has me a little worried.

Don't assume u can know the whole movie just from that trailer. I think theres gonna be a lot more going on than what was shown to us. As for u saying there's a love story with Catwoman, maybe but but maybe not, if u look at the trailer that's not catwoman he's kissing it's Marion Cotillard, the chick speculated to possibly be Talia al Ghul. And then theres that who deal with her character and what she's connected to.
    marion-cotillard-talia-al-ghul-the-dark-knight-rises-2011-set-01.jpg

And then whats up with the multiple bat tumblers?
    What are the flash backs of a younger Ra's al Ghul gonna signify?
    And who really is this John Blake guy?

I'm sure there will be some unexpected twists and turns.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maan I can't wait for this one
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie has been confirmed to be somewhere between 2 and half and 3 hours. You cannot gauge the entire movie from a two minute trailer. And @rapmastermind , your synopsis sounds way off even if you do judge by the trailer. You need to look again and closer dude.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its possible Batman got it on with both Talia and Catwoman he did all the time in the comics, cartoon and even video games.
  • ...MVP...
    Options
    Lol @ old Bruce pimpin'
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Guys I was just giving a summary of what i think the movie will be about. I know there will be more. My biggest point is the bar has been set really high cause of "The Dark Knight" so expectations will be through the roof. I can see people complaining if this doesn't live up.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    ? Bruce giving up superheroing for pimpin

trillaaaaa
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really think this might be better than the dark knight ? just dont want to admit it tho
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So do ya fools want me to upload the "Knightfall" comic storyline where Bane breaks his back? ......

Got it at my mum's...But please, do...Bane >>>

Ok I'll have the links up in the afternoon, gotta take care of some errands around town shortly...........

Yo before I read that, I thought Bane was just another musclebound thug...But seein' in break the Bat's mind and body like that...? ' epic...Looks like something similar will happen in DKR...The way he's walkin' and drops the Bat's mask...mate...

Here it is the total Knightfall (Knightfall/KnightQuest/KnightEnd) :
    https://www.rapidshare.com/files/3691079374/01_-_Knightfall_-_Broken_Bat.rar.html 
    https://www.rapidshare.com/files/863261025/02_-_Knightfall_-_Who_Rules_the_Night.rar.html 
    https://www.rapidshare.com/files/3204628243/03_-_Knightquest_-_The_Search.rar.html 
    https://www.rapidshare.com/files/664548671/04_-_Knightquest_-_The_Crusade_1.rar.html 
    https://www.rapidshare.com/files/3912811267/05_-_Knightquest_-_The_Crusade_2.rar.html 
    https://www.rapidshare.com/files/1358440564/06_-_Knights_End_1.rar.html 
    https://www.rapidshare.com/files/3779550125/07_-_Knights_End_2.rar.html 

I'm in the mood to make a Arkham Asylum thread where we can just code and put up links we find on the net of comics....who's down?
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

1. There's a chance Batman will die in the movie, so all this going off in the sunset ? is unsubstantiated
    2. We've literally seen 5 minutes of footage out of a 2 hour+ movie
    3. I bet you couldn't tell the whole "The Dark Knight" plot from the trailer

Shut the ? up. You don't have to be a fan, but you're making yourself look stupid with baseless opinions
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Here is a very good shot by shot, spoiler free breakdown/analysis of the new trailer with a lot of references and stuff that a lot of people probably miss. Should shed some light...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ36psysEA8
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BANE BANE MATALO MATALO!