The Official Dark Knight Rises Thread

Options

Comments

• allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Wasn't impressed by the trailer but by no means will the film be bad I don't think it will take the Batman story to the next level.

And I have the theory. Does anyone think that Gordan Levitt's role is that of ? Grayson? The way they are focusing on him it seems like they are setting him up to be Nightwing/Robin. If not why the hell is he in the trailer so much? He's in there more than Batman.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    1. There's a chance Batman will die in the movie, so all this going off in the sunset ? is unsubstantiated

i highly doubt DC letting Nolan ? Bats remember bats one of the faces of DC
  • BK Product
    BK Product Members Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I say he lives.. but just barely.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    @Makaveli25

1. Doubtful, that's just internet chatter, no way WB allowes their biggest hero to be killed
    2. I was just giving my summary from the trailer, plenty of trailers in the past tell movies, I never said it was the whole story, just my opinion on it
    3. I never even dissed Nolan, a matter fact I started my comment saying I had faith in him. But that doesn't mean he's exempted from making a bad movie.

My opinion being baseless well if that's how you feel. But from the trailer it seemed a little predictable what was going to happen and plenty of movie trailers again have done this. The fact is Superhero part III's have been Average to weak and that's a Fact. I'm not the only one not that impressed by the trailer as people in this thread and over the net have said it isn't looking as strong at "TDK". Also It's not that serious man. Telling someone to "? " cause they don't have a positive opinion about a trailer is pretty lame, I have a mind of my own and just cause it's Nolan doesn't mean he can't again make a weak film.
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Makaveli25

1. Doubtful, that's just internet chatter, no way WB allowes their biggest hero to be killed
    2. I was just giving my summary from the trailer, plenty of trailers in the past tell movies, I never said it was the whole story, just my opinion on it
    3. I never even dissed Nolan, a matter fact if you knew how to read I clearly said I had faith in him. But that doesn't mean he's exempted from making a bad movie.

My opinion being baseless is your opinion, the fact is Superhero part III's have been wack and that's a Fact. I'm not the only one not that impressed by the trailer as people in this thread and over the net have said they isn't looking as strong at "TDK". SMH @ "Shut the ? up", you catching feelings over someone else opinion cause I'm not busting nuts over a trailer? It's not that serious man. Again if you read what I said I clearly gave Nolan his props but you obviously only half read it.
    @Makaveli25

3. I never even dissed Nolan, a matter fact I started my comment saying I had faith in him. But that doesn't mean he's exempted from making a bad movie.

My opinion being baseless well if that's how you feel. But from the trailer it seemed a little predictable what was going to happen and plenty of movie trailers again have done this. The fact is Superhero part III's have been Average to weak and that's a Fact. I'm not the only one not that impressed by the trailer as people in this thread and over the net have said it isn't looking as strong at "TDK". Also It's not that serious man. Telling someone to "? " cause they don't have a positive opinion about a trailer is pretty lame, I have a mind of my own and just cause it's Nolan doesn't mean he can't again make a weak film.

There's nothing wrong with saying you think the trailer is wack, but you're in here claiming that you can tell the plot of a 2 hour + movie from a 2 minute trailer. Nolan is known for his secrecy, he doesn't even send his scripts to his actors, he has them come to his house to read for their parts. Why all the secrecy if the plot could be so easily deduced from the trailers? Nobody knows ? about the movie, just like nobody knew ? about TDK before it was released. This isn't "The Avengers" where a lot of the plot is revealed in the trailers, ? don't even know for sure who Marion Cotillard is playing yet you're in here saying you know how the movie is going to end just because you saw the trailer
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    1. There's a chance Batman will die in the movie, so all this going off in the sunset ? is unsubstantiated

i highly doubt DC letting Nolan ? Bats remember bats one of the faces of DC

I don't think DC has that kind of clout or is unwilling to even at least entertain the thought especially in this Nolans Batman which has taken some liberties with the IP , this is more of a crime drama meets superhero film. We should keep in mind that it was rumored that Warner Bros executives weren't happy with the script when they first got it, and even the actors didn't know what the ending of the film was until filming it. It should be noted that more recently when they screened Rises, that there was a standing ovation(probably just because this is going to make them a ? ton of money, but take what you will from that). Lastly this is the final film in the series, they can very easily ? batman though I'm not saying it will happen.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I can see a "question" in this movie on whether bruce wayne lived or died. That could be not answered.

Nolan said in a interview not too long ago he wanted this to be like the godfather part 2. flashbacks will in detail training with Ras al ghul and his current fight with Bane, remembering his mental training to beat bane, not just physical
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the chick playing al gul should have been catwoman. No one believes me, but i'm predicting Hathaway and her overacting will ? alot of scenes up in this film. Remember what I say, cause I have a feeling no one is gonna give me props for predicting this after it comes out.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the chick playing al gul should have been catwoman. No one believes me, but i'm predicting Hathaway and her overacting will ? alot of scenes up in this film. Remember what I say, cause I have a feeling no one is gonna give me props for predicting this after it comes out.

lol...Hathaway loves to over express her face...And even if she blows me away...She's not sexy...at all...and I think the costume is weak...From what I've seen of it...I think Burton's Catwoman ticked all the boxes, and it looked realistic
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? really need to get over the Catwoman ? . Does nobody remember The uproar over Health Ledger as Joker? Have some faith. If not, have some history. We been through this already. The same ? complaining about Joker probably the same ? mad about Anne Hathaway. Aint you tired of eating ya words? Heath Joker as Joker is probably the biggest "bad casting" upset in movie cinema history.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    I think Tom Hardy's Bane has the potential to be >>> Heath Ledger's Joker...
  • CitySojourner
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    ? really need to get over the Catwoman ? . Does nobody remember The uproar over Health Ledger as Joker? Have some faith. If not, have some history. We been through this already. The same ? complaining about Joker probably the same ? mad about Anne Hathaway. Aint you tired of eating ya words? Heath Joker as Joker is probably the biggest "bad casting" upset in movie cinema history.

Although I initially thought it was an odd choice to have Ledger for Joker, I never was against it and reserved judgment until I saw some clips with him in it. Same thing goes for this film, I thought it was an odd choice to get Hathaway but waited till I saw some clips before coming to what I think of her. I could give two ? about catwoman, i'd actually prefer for the character to not to be in the movie. I just don't like ? up acting in good movies, (like Tarantino in pulp fiction) and this ? is hamming it up. I'll leave it alone though, just remember to come back in 3 months and hit the cosign.

• CitySojourner
    Options

I agree, if you ever saw Bronson you'll know why Nolan him chose him for this role.
  • focus
    edited May 2012
    Options

Although I initially thought it was an odd choice to have Ledger for Joker, I never was against it and reserved judgment until I saw some clips with him in it. Same thing goes for this film, I thought it was an odd choice to get Hathaway but waited till I saw some clips before coming to what I think of her. I could give two ? about catwoman, i'd actually prefer for the character to not to be in the movie. I just don't like ? up acting in good movies, (like Tarantino in pulp fiction) and this ? is hamming it up. I'll leave it alone though, just remember to come back in 3 months and hit the cosign.

? a "clip".

• CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

I agree, if you ever saw Bronson you'll know why Nolan him chose him for this role.

Seen it...Hardy is diverse as ?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the build up/marketing of Inception taught us anything it would be never to assume you know a Christopher Nolan film purely on a trailer. Trailers for Nolan's films if anything are deceptive purely because of how cerebral the actual films are and not just a visual spectacle. No trailer for Inception prepared you for the final cut of the film, the same will probably be said for this as well.

Just shows you that people still don't learn. I personally think Hathaway's a good actress. Last film I saw her in was Love and Other Drugs and I thought she was great in that, plus Rachel Getting Married proved the girl can definitely act if anyone was still unconvinced. She's far too much of an enigma to write her off (which is surely what is required for a role like Selina Kyle) plus the sheer diversity of the films she's been in: going from the more goofy and fun roles to more serious and adult ones. They auditioned a ? load of actresses for Catwoman including screen tests with Christian Bale, she was chosen. I'm sure the film makers know more about film casting than some people with internet access trying to second guess a film that hasn't been released yet.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    WTF @ some clowns giving me a wack because I want to see the batmobile? Lol these anonymous buttoms are showing how many suckas are on the IC.

rofl @ 20 feelings on this post
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    WTF @ some clowns giving me a wack because I want to see the batmobile? Lol these anonymous buttoms are showing how many suckas are on the IC.

That a record?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That a record?

I think so I aint never seen that many
  • focus
    Options
    If the build up/marketing of Inception taught us anything it would be never to assume you know a Christopher Nolan film purely on a trailer. Trailers for Nolan's films if anything are deceptive purely because of how cerebral the actual films are and not just a visual spectacle. No trailer for Inception prepared you for the final cut of the film, the same will probably be said for this as well.

Just shows you that people still don't learn. I personally think Hathaway's a good actress. Last film I saw her in was Love and Other Drugs and I thought she was great in that, plus Rachel Getting Married proved the girl can definitely act if anyone was still unconvinced. She's far too much of an enigma to write her off (which is surely what is required for a role like Selina Kyle) plus the sheer diversity of the films she's been in: going from the more goofy and fun roles to more serious and adult ones. They auditioned a ? load of actresses for Catwoman including screen tests with Christian Bale, she was chosen. I'm sure the film makers know more about film casting than some people with internet access trying to second guess a film that hasn't been released yet.

Co-sign...and yea, she killed it in Rachel Getting Married.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blockbuster's starting off nice. First the Avenger, the AMS, then DKR....with Expenditables 2 somewhere in there.

2012 will be kind to action movies. Took long enough.
  • rapmastermind
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Michelle Phiffer has the Catwoman Crown so Anne has some big shoes to fill. She killed it in "Batman Returns", sexy but deadly at the same time. Her costume was better also:

15578__08batmanr_l.jpg

selina_kyle_thumb.jpg
  • focus
    Options
    I agree that Michele Phiffer has the Catwoman crown right now...looks and personality wise. But Nolan seems to be going for a more vintage approach on purpose, which is kind of a nice switch up from the character's last two big screen appearances. I dunno why, but I trust his filmaking.

2018419-catwoman_super.jpg
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blockbuster's starting off nice. First the Avenger, the AMS, then DKR....with Expenditables 2 somewhere in there.

2012 will be kind to action movies. Took long enough.

lol why do you keep mispelling the movie title?
  • rapmastermind
    Options
    I agree that Michele Phiffer has the Catwoman crown right now...looks and personality wise. But Nolan seems to be going for a more vintage approach on purpose, which is kind of a nice switch up from the character's last two big screen appearances. I dunno why, but I trust his filmaking.

2018419-catwoman_super.jpg

True, I caught that and Heath was able to at the very least match Jack when many thought it was impossible so maybe she surprises. But Michelle just killed it, brought so much personality and character to the role:

michelle-pfeiffer.jpg