Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Kevin Butler, the guy from the PS3 commercials might possibly be in this game, too.

rofl he might be the boss, they said the boss is someone youd never expect
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah the boss will probably be a giant PS1 lol
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    They better do Sackboy justice as a playable character, since he can turn into every character in this game
  • earth two superman
    Options
    he'll be their kirby
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When does this game drop? Looks dope
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sackboy would be the GOAT boss
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there is going to be a RROD stage
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks promising..hopefully they manage to pull off something great
    I don't know if they'll match the magic the Smash Bros series has

But they can create some magic of their own
  • earth two superman
    edited May 2012
    Options
    KiIIaKam wrote: »
    I don't know if they'll match the magic of Smashing Bros

But me and itsgravitation can create some magic of our own.... hike!

woah woah hey ? none of that ? ? here ?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    Sackboy would be the GOAT boss

He has to be a playable character IMO
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    FOH, ? looks dope.

Super Smash Bros is a classic no doubt but you can't complain about this game "copying" SSB. Every game has copied another or was heavily influence and that doesn't stop them from being good games. Anyone going to complain karate games were influenced to Street Fighter? And that SFII was copied?

The point is all games will influence something in another, this game doesn't look wack to me. I want to see a list of character plus a demo before I get this.

c/s, "No Idea's Original", you ? hatin

• stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I want to play this but theres no denying that they straight bit the overall look and visual style of Smash Bros. Theres no way around that and you gotta be a fool to try and say otherwise but that may be where it stops. The game will probably be completely different from Smash under the surface so I think its too early to just ? on this game and dismiss it as a complete Smash copycat until you play it. I would love to see Grey Fox and Lara Croft in this game.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    oh, and they need to put mega man in it. THAT would really ? off the smash bros fanboys
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh, and they need to put mega man in it. THAT would really ? off the smash bros fanboys

I think that would ? off the Marvel vs Capcom fanboys even more.

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale confirmed for Vita

Online CV outs handheld fighter.

Sony fighting game PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale has been confirmed for Vita.

The news comes from the online CV of a sound designer at Sony Computer Entertainment America.

Said employee lists the game for release on PlayStation 3 (announced) and PS Vita (unannounced).

PSABR, announced last month, is Sony's answer to Nintendo's Smash Bros. series, and includes four-player co-op, gameplay set on a 2D plane, and a roster of characters including Kratos, Parappa the Rapper, Fat Princess, and Sweet Tooth.

Will the PS3 and Vita version feature cross-platform play, as some PS3/Vita games currently do? All eyes are on the E3 trade show.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So it sounds like this is turning into "Licensed Characters Battle Royale". Sony cant really do it all by themselves so that's understandable.

I heard the attacks don't even do damage tho? The whole game is about building meter so you can use a super attack and KO people....but that's the only way to do it. Sounds dumb. I guess that's their way of trying to separate themselves from Smash Bros, but if you are gonna copy everything else you might as well copy that too.

Anyway, Sony fanboys are supposedly starting a petition to have it changed. LOL.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Based on people who have played it, it sounds dope.
  • focus
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Based on people who have played it, it sounds dope.

What I just said was based on people who played it. Very recently actually.

They didn't say it was bad, just that it wasn't as good as Smash Bros and a big reason for that was because its a fighting game where the attacks don't do damage and its off putting. They said they didn't understand why they would copy every single thing about Smash except this one thing.
  • VIBE
    Options
    They didn't copy every single thing.

I seen the footage, it separates itself from SB by a different style of play, the only thing it copies is the fact there's gaming icons fighting. This game seems more tactical than SB, in SB you could get knocked out by someone button smashing but in this game you need to build up your meter to win, so you need to combo up more carefully. Your power-up bar does go down if you're being beaten up too, so defense is going to be big.

I think this game has done enough to separate itself as an exact clone, it only took an idea and created a different format.
  • focus
    Options
    They didn't copy every single thing.

I seen the footage, it separates itself from SB by a different style of play, the only thing it copies is the fact there's gaming icons fighting. This game seems more tactical than SB, in SB you could get knocked out by someone button smashing but in this game you need to build up your meter to win, so you need to combo up more carefully. Your power-up bar does go down if you're being beaten up too, so defense is going to be big.

I think this game has done enough to separate itself as an exact clone, it only took an idea and created a different format.

Well, Smash Bros can be played/approached different ways. It can be strictly a party game, or something deeper. This doesn't seem any more or less "tactical" than Smash Bros. and in none of the previews has that been alluded to. Only Sony fanboys who want to act like this game is somehow on the level of Virtua Fighter in terms of technicality so it doesn't seem like a complete Smash Bros rip.

The fact that its a complete and utter Smash Bros clone really goes without saying bruh, that's not even up for discussion. The gaming world has come to a consensus on that one, sorry. Only the die hardest of PlayStation stanboys would even still try to deny that...and probably will. The question is, will it be any good?

• KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ^^^ How can ford focus talk about the quality of anything? He games on a 40" Magnavox and sits on a couch that he found at someones garage sale. He don't know ? about anything.

• joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For someone that doesn't have a PS3 and won't be playing this game, Focus is dedicating a lot of time to this Thread. Hurt much that Sony bit Ninty's idea?
  • focus
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Here's a video that just went up today talking about how weird it is to have a fighting game where attacks don't do any damage and the only way to get KO's is with super moves. From the sound of the mechanics, this is actually more "casual" than Smash Bros.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Lacks Punch?
    May 22, 2012

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/22/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-lacks-punch
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    So we gonna act like Smash Bros Brawl aint wack as ? ?
  • VIBE
    Options
    Nah, SB wasn't wack. Back in the day there wasn't online so you had to party up in a room and play for hours, you'd be punching dudes and ? mad as hell lol SSB was serious back then.

Jiggly Puff >>

Even though online is fun, it wasn't more fun than 4 players in a room (nh) and laughing forever. 007 Goldeneyes, SSB & racing games = my gaming days.