Playstation All Stars Battle Royale

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we gonna act like Smash Bros Brawl aint wack as ? ?

I said Brawl is wack as ? .

Melee and the original are good games
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yeah i seem to remember the n64 was the best one
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i still got my N64 smash bros
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SSBM is the GOAT mulitplayer game...At least top three...Someone said the Sony version will be more tactical...smh...If you think SSMB isn't tactical, it means you've never played it or you're wack as ? at it...

Yeah this game is a shameless clone...Doesn't mean that it won't be dope...

Sony been rippin' off Nintendo since '96...Dunno why some of y'all are surprised
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Brawl is a good game?
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Melee is a better competitive game, that's not saying much though since we're talking about smash, not a typical fighting game.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sony stores? damn where the hell do they got those at?
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ratchet & Clank + Jak & Daxter are confirmed to have stages so they're in

that damage system is ? tho, they need to fix dat
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    bcotton you hating ? LOLOLOL, Brawl is waaay better than melee. In Melee you had to break the game's mechanics to get the fun out of it. Brawl they balanced that ? and repackaged a better game. Competitively tho I will admit Melee definitely gets more props. Melee was more for ? Smash fans and Brawl was more for casual gamers.

lmao aight I'll leave it alone , lmao @ Brawl being better than Melee
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigdaddy.jpg

Big Daddy from BioShock in dis ?
  • earth two superman
    Options
    lol thats actually kinda cool

im guessing that a lot of the characters that were in that "Michael" commercial will be part of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWkKKSckNk

heres hoping for chelle and altair/ezro
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Altair>>>>>>>>
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    Here's a video that just went up today talking about how weird it is to have a fighting game where attacks don't do any damage and the only way to get KO's is with super moves. From the sound of the mechanics, this is actually more "casual" than Smash Bros.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Lacks Punch?
    May 22, 2012

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/22/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-lacks-punch

His complaint boils down to "It's different from what I thought it would be, so it sucks."

Honestly, I've come to the conclusion that video game reviewers should just be ignored 9 times out of 10. I didn't even really pay attention them until I was trying to decide if I wanted to buy Soul Calibur V or not. When I was following that game, I realized that half the reviewers suck at the games they actually review. Like seriously, how can you write a review on the merits of a game if you're not even capable of playing in some type of reasonable capacity. I'm not saying you have to be a fighting games champion to review fighting games, but if you're playing a 3D fighting game and are confused because the mechanics are nothing like your favorite 2D fighting game, why are you reviewing that game?
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's a video that just went up today talking about how weird it is to have a fighting game where attacks don't do any damage and the only way to get KO's is with super moves. From the sound of the mechanics, this is actually more "casual" than Smash Bros.

May 22, 2012

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/05/22/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-lacks-punch

His complaint boils down to "It's different from what I thought it would be, so it sucks."

Honestly, I've come to the conclusion that video game reviewers should just be ignored 9 times out of 10. I didn't even really pay attention them until I was trying to decide if I wanted to buy Soul Calibur V or not. When I was following that game, I realized that half the reviewers suck at the games they actually review. Like seriously, how can you write a review on the merits of a game if you're not even capable of playing in some type of reasonable capacity. I'm not saying you have to be a fighting games champion to review fighting games, but if you're playing a 3D fighting game and are confused because the mechanics are nothing like your favorite 2D fighting game, why are you reviewing that game?

I think its fair to assume when playing a fighting game that attacks will actually do damage to an opponent.

If everything is decided by super powered KO moves, well...that just doesn't sound very technical or fun. Some of the best moments in Smash Bros are when somebody is sitting at a high percentage and still managing to stay alive and even win....based on skill. Or finding creative/skillful ways to get back onto the stage when it seems impossible. That will never happen in Third Party All-Stars Battle Royale.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

May 22, 2012

I think its fair to assume when playing a fighting game that attacks will actually do damage to an opponent.

If everything is decided by super powered KO moves, well...that just doesn't sound very technical or fun. Some of the best moments in Smash Bros are when somebody is sitting at a high percentage and still managing to stay alive and even win....based on skill. Or finding creative/skillful ways to get back onto the stage when it seems impossible. That will never happen in Third Party All-Stars Battle Royale.

You're not thinking outside of the box. Just because something isn't what you're used to doesn't mean it will be bad. It doesn't make the game any less technical because you're building up one bar as opposed to tearing down another. Also, how does that make the game any less fun. You don't think somebody managing against all odds to avoid being killed by multiple potentially game ending attacks only to turn around and take out all the opposition, would be just as exhilarating as managing to win a match with low life?

The point is, you and that guy are trying to argue that since this game isn't just like Smash Bros it can't possibly offer the same feelings that game elicited. What you're failing to see is that it's completely possible that the game can do just that only in different ways that Smash Bros. It's pretty silly to write the game off now based on nothing more than the fact that it didn't 100% rip another game, especially when most of the people who are writing it off for that reason are also criticizing it for being a rip-off.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options

May 22, 2012

LOL!this nerd being obsessed with a game he'll never play
  • earth two superman
    Options
    If u ever catch me on here writing essays on a game ill never purchase, put me out of my misery.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, Big Daddy up in this ? now.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Gootecks and Mike Ross hands on

Cross Counter's Gootecks and Mike Ross took time out of their trip to E3 to demo Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. One of SuperBot's staff members stepped in to tell them how the game works while they were playing.

There's a lot of interesting explanations for meter usage and items in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO97hczC3HQ&feature=player_embedded
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm hella interested in this game, although I don't think it'll sell like hotcakes and it won't have some major huge competitive scene.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wont show interest in this game until it is confirmed that Dart will be a playable character.

Legend of Dragoon is a Sony IP for ? sake.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    Options
    7074781.jpg

? I actually want to play this now..... Nathan Drake in 2D. how cool is that. Got me thinking they should make a 2D side scrolling Uncharted game.

Other characters that should be in this.... Sackboy, Jak, Ratchet, Cole from InFamous.... 3rd party wise - Solid Snake, the ? from Assassins Creed, Cloud from FFVII or maybe Lightning from FFXIII