Breaking Bad Season 5 (Part 2)

Options
Bcotton5
Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
The best show on TV returns in July

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6b49gg6WUc&feature=related

With merely months between now and the July premiere of Breaking Bad's season 5 (exact date yet to be announced), it's difficult to know how to pass the time. Here are some ways to get a taste of one of TV's best dramas before then: take a look at our season 5 preview, and watch the AMC show's first promotional video below.

Though it's not long, even a minute with Emmy winners Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul (who play the lead characters Walter White and Jesse Pinkman, respectively) is enough to get us eager for the last season of Breaking Bad (the fifth and final season will be split into two parts, eight episodes each). There's nothing revealed in the way of plot in the behind-the-scenes video, and it's clear from Cranston's hushing and Paul's mentioning of "lots of secrets" that everything is being kept tightly under wraps. Still, simply knowing they're filming scenes and hearing the season described as "hands down, the craziest one as of yet" (how can it get any crazier?!) is amping our excitement level.

Plus, could Cranston be any more likable? Even though he plays a chemistry-teacher-turned-? -kingpin who has committed some pretty atrocious acts, him jokingly deriding actors for using umbrellas and teasing us about the scene that's playing just out of our line of sight is pretty ? endearing. That Cranston could probably discuss the American taxation system and make it appealing.

Check back here for updates on season 5 as we approach its highly anticipated premiere.

breaking-bad-4.jpg

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Options
    'Breaking Bad' Season 5 Preview Guide: Going Out Big

Last season on Breaking Bad, Jesse and Walter put their differences aside in order to murder Gus with the help of former cartel enforcer Hector Salamanca, who used a suicide bomb to ? Gus, his henchman and himself. Jesse and Walter also destroyed the ? lab though the final scene of season 4 implies that Walter was the one who used Lily of the Valley to poison Andrea's son Brock. What's next for Walter? And what will happen if and when Jesse finds out that Walter has betrayed him yet again? These questions will be answered when Breaking Bad returns for its fifth and final season this summer.

What to Expect from Breaking Bad Season 5:

Breaking Bad season 5, which will consist of 16 episodes and will be divided into two batches with eight episodes each, will follow the same path as the previous seasons as far as Walter's character development goes. According to series creator Vince Gilligan, Walter is "getting worse by the minute" so viewers can expect Walter to go down further on his already dark road.

Gilligan also tells TV Line that the death of Gus last season "leaves a big void" for the final season of Breaking Bad but hopefully, Walter plus several new characters will make up for it. One of the new faces the show is brining in is the character Paul, who according to Eonline.com, is a "working-class" guy who is the same age as Jesse only smarter. It is also hinted that there's more to Paul than meets the eye.

As for our main character Walter, Bryan Cranston appears to have a theory on where his character will end up by the end of the show. "I don't know where it's going, but I'm pretty damn sure that he'll die at the end of this show," he said in an interview with Jeanne Wolf in 2010. "At the end of this show, Walter White will die.How he will he die? I really, honestly don't know - and I've never asked [Vince Gilligan]."

In a another interview, Cranston also talked to TV Line about the possible fate of his character. "It's been such a journey for me and for this character that it didn't make sense for me to know too far ahead, because Walt has no idea what's ahead for him, even an hour. So I don't ask [Gilligan], and I don't read my scripts too far in advance," he said. "I think Walt's going to a place where he truly enjoys the empowerment that his situation has given him. And even though he knows he's going out in a year, from lung cancer, he's going to go out big. He's going out big."

One thing is for sure, though. Aaron Paul teases that the finale "does involve a death, and possible deaths." Do you think Walter will succumb to lung cancer? Or will he die at the hands of an enemy? Perhaps Jesse?

Breaking-Bad-Poster-comps-01.png
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just really started watching this this season.I had peeped a little the 1st season, but thought it was a fake Weeds.the show is great.I can't believe what happened last season
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahhh ? ....my one true fav amc show
  • shizza
    shizza Members Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    Options
    it'll be damn near impossible to beat last season
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    shizza wrote: »

lol I will never doubt this show
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking forward to it
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

It won't be.

The writing for the show is one of the best in TV show history.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love this show, and can't wait.
    But refrain from disrespecting Mad Men, the real best show on TV.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lol I didnt even bring up Mad Men, Breaking Bad always had the subtitle "The Best Show On TV" whoever made the Mad Men thread mustve felt threatened in some kind of way.

Mad Men is one of my fav shows
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The champ is here!!
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

It won't be.

breaking-bad-i-am-the-danger.jpg

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    16 episodes July

bbfinale5.gif

Shout out to all the ? reppin in they avis
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im going to start watching this show along with Broadwalk Empire...
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options

agreed.....

they pretty much gone have to re-invent the wheel to top last season. last season was the best tv I have ever seen in my life.

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LETS ? GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    matt- wrote: »
    The champ is here!!

HALLELUJAH!

yo PLEASE tell me i get that on a shirt

that's what I thought..........BEFORE LAST SEASON.....
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    But refrain from disrespecting Mad Men, the real best show on TV.

Walter White puts his ashes out on Don Draper, my ?

walter_white_by_liliotheone-d4x6yl1.png

all u "Mad Men" ? need to kneel down and kiss da ? ring

and i don't wanna hear none of that "I like both shows!" ? ? , u can't rep piru and crip
  • Bcotton5
    edited May 2012
    Options
    lol I knew somebody was gonna start that ? ^^^ Didnt want this thread to turn into arguing about opinions

I love and watch Mad Men, Walking Dead,Dexter, Boardwalk Empire Game of Thrones and a few more shows but Breaking Bad is king. period.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing is touching BB, the writing is almost too flawless. There isn't a character like Walter, ? , Walter > Dexter now.

The ? that Walter does leaves you breathless, on the edge of your seat and amazed. Dude is a boss at making moves. Jesse was almost gunned down until Walter run the shooter over, wtf! I lost it on that scene...

BreakingBad-Chucks-550x307.jpg
  • marc123
    edited May 2012
    Options
    looking 4ward to seein the new characters. esp. the paul dude. sounds like he gone rival Jesse. they need to holla @ my ? Emile Hirsch to play that role. real talk.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I want to see what Mike's character does now that Gus is gone. I wanna see more of Gus' past too I think they gonna show what he was back in Chile.

So Walt is gonna die? Seems like thats Bryan Cranston was saying
  • marc123
    Options
    I want to see what Mike's character does now that Gus is gone. I wanna see more of Gus' past too I think they gonna show what he was back in Chile.

So Walt is gonna die? Seems like thats Bryan Cranston was saying

pls Jesus. let there be Gus flashbacks. We NEED more Gus. seein his past would be EPIC. it jus has to fit the story line. like Mike tellin Walt how Gus made his come up. as to give him advice to be the perfect KING PIN

• kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This last season is going to be awesome!...I can't wait...anytime a show has a clear direction to go in and a writer knows exactly where it's going the show always turns out better...becuz it doesn't have to make any ? episodes or ? seasons just to try and prolong the show IE Dexter.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Breaking bad>Dexter>Spartacus=walking dead
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Breaking Bad>>>>> all
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

It won't be.

my favorite quotes in the show
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh@ this lights camera action having its own version Kobe vs Jordan