• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    haha this ? heated..............
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    im lost... Pete already told him he didnt want him to do it 6 months prior right?

No, it wasn't in Pete's hands in the first place. Lupe was just being respectful.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe had to go through the label regardless supposedly
    He just went to Pete Rock outta respect
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure if the browser on this phone trippin but I see no audio or video of the interview, where is it?
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't have a problem with the song in the first place.
    Pete Rock pulled some hoe ? , plain and simple.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cant blame Lupe though, ? calling him unoriginal when Pete told him it was fine to do the record.....
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ? ? wasn't on all this when Atlantic had him on all fours. They gonna put Bruno Mars on the radio version of this song anyway.
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    ? ? wasn't on all this when Atlantic had him on all fours. They gonna put Bruno Mars on the radio version of this song anyway.

I laughed at this tbh
    could really happen
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »

What does this have to do with the topic at hand?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he always complaining man smh i neva liked Lupe nd still aint heard da track
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pete lookin like a fool out here
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe going too far. Pete already said they worked out their differences. That's as far as he had to take it. Ain't no street dude or grown man period going to apologize 100% on some ? ? . Pete felt some type of way about it, back then which is why he reacted the way he did.

Lupe sounding like the new Joe Budden, Canibus type. The sensitive dude disrespecting legends, getting hype about nothing. Someone needs to tell dude to play his position.

If Lupe was from the streets like he said, he would know that ? was just a misunderstanding and keep it moving. Don't nobody want to hear 2 dudes get hype over the phone over some stupid ? .
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yh lupe mad as hell...can't blame him tho when most ppl instantly wrote him off like he did foul ? . And then to top it off you can't clear his name after the fact
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the record was cleared and everything and he already reached out to Pete like he said he did, then why did Pete spazz out? If that the case, then Lupe has every right to be angry.
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2012
    Options
    that hostile nerd is always heated, he need to simmer the ? down...
    ? been on the defensive after the "Tribegate" debacle
    he's must be battling Kanye as the most "diva" ? from the Chi
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wanna here pete's side before I make a judgement
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I understand his position and Pete did take the losing position in this battle, but the record is still unoriginal, homage or not... Still ripped it and had ill content and what not, but im just saying.

He could have just came up with a new beat and made his own classic save all this drama

• Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Lupe going too far. Pete already said they worked out their differences. That's as far as he had to take it. Ain't no street dude or grown man period going to apologize 100% on some ? ? . Pete felt some type of way about it, back then which is why he reacted the way he did.

Lupe sounding like the new Joe Budden, Canibus type. The sensitive dude disrespecting legends, getting hype about nothing. Someone needs to tell dude to play his position.

If Lupe was from the streets like he said, he would know that ? was just a misunderstanding and keep it moving. Don't nobody want to hear 2 dudes get hype over the phone over some stupid ? .

Pete Rock gets emotional as ? on twitter, but Lupe is the sensitive ? here?
    Makes sense.

? wont understand this cause they prob show emotions on twitter too
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When exactly isn't lupe mad

He has yet to drop anything without have a 'controversy'

He's the emo version of Curtis when it comes to drama
  • idoitforhiphop10
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    When exactly isn't lupe mad

He has yet to drop anything without have a 'controversy'

He's the emo version of Curtis when it comes to drama

I don't remember any controversy when he dropped FNL.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Makes sense.

And Lupe responded with a rant AFTER Pete Rock set everything was cool. That ? isn't any better.

Like I said before, Lupe needs to play his position and watch his mouth when speaking about legends in the game.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    Options

Makes sense.

And Lupe responded with a rant AFTER Pete Rock set everything was cool. That ? isn't any better.

Like I said before, Lupe needs to play his position and watch his mouth when speaking about legends in the game.

Legend or not, doesn't exempt u from bein called out for pullin ? .
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Moral of the story- Twitter ain't nothin but trouble
  • yeah i rap so don't
    yeah i rap so don't Members Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe is here with the right disposition bro