RIP Hate on LeBron... While u BSing, Bron may be having the greatest season since Jordan in 92...

Options
1235»

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can someone tell me what individual greatness have to do with titles.

Individual greatness is something you can control, winning titles is something you really can't. Everything has to be right to win a title imo (Front office, teammates,etc), how many great great players had to carry ? teams or was just in the wrong situation to win (KG before Boston, AI,Mitch Richmond,etc).

If you're gonna judge a individuals greatness, compare his solo accomplishments and measure his numbers. Compare mvp awards, stats, etc.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/2012/08/14/jim-boeheim-used-to-think-michael-jordan-was-the-best-player-hes-ever-seen-but-after-coaching-lebron-boeheims-not-so-sure-anymore
    "He’s a leader. He gets on the court, he tells people what to do … this guy can guard five [positions] … put him on anybody, he can guard him. I always felt Michael Jordan was the best player I’ve ever seen … I didn’t think it was close … and I’m not so sure anymore … this guy is 6-9, 260 pounds and he’s getting better … I know we’ve had great, great players through the years. He’s like Magic Johnson with Michael Jordan-type skills as well.” -Jim boeheim

LeBron is coming off one of the best years in basketball history, and he only turns 28 this December. He’s just entering his prime. Forget the 1992 Dream Team vs. the 2012 Olympic Team debate … what about in a game of 1 on 1, 1992 Michael Jordan vs. 2012 LeBron James?

• JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron-James-Hi-Haters-2.jpg

Rip to the hate

dope ? .....
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    He gotta win atleast 3 before the hate stops. Until then take that ? out y'all mouth. It's disgusting........
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaemooms wrote: »
    He gotta win atleast 3 before the hate stops. Until then take that ? out y'all mouth. It's disgusting........

this is funny for only one reason... lmao!!!!
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever gets ball first wins. They can't check each other. Mike has a better chance because he can guard better due to his quickness. LeBron still stronger
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its scary dude is STILL entering his PRIME......smh..............
    I hope kobe sneaks one more title in though......
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    Its scary dude is STILL entering his PRIME......smh..............
    I hope Ray Allen sneaks one more title in though......

FIXED
  • Maalik
    Maalik Members Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Dog Jordan,Magic and Bird never teamed up.Barkley,Malone,Mutumbo, and Miller never teamed up.If they did the NBA would not have the legacy that it does.In the fourth quarter during the play offs Bron has choked,that is a fact.Did you see the finals last year or the Celtics series the year before that? The East is weaker than it ever has been and you are lying if you honestly believe that anyone can really challenge the Heat.Hey you said it yourself,the Bulls would not even have been a factor and they had the best record in the East.What does that tell you?

You seem to misunderstand... HE WAS A FREE AGENT. Why couldn't he go wherever he wanted? Answer that question before you even attempt a rebuttal.

So you're saying he shoulda stayed in Cleveland where the GM proved he couldn't get him adequate help after SEVEN years? You're saying he shoulda went to some ? team with no other star like the Wizards or Bobcats? If that's the case, ? on CP3 for teaming up with Blake. ? on Carmelo for teaming up with Amare. ? on Pau Gasol for teaming with Kobe. ? on Shaq for leaving the Lakers and teaming with DWade. ? on the Boston big 3. ? on Dwight Howard for even CONSIDERING teaming with DWill. Half the nation was mad at David Stern for vetoing a trade that would team up the best PG in the game, CP3 with one of the GOAT in Kobe! ? on the thousands of NBA players who were free agents and/or requested a trade and left their old team to go to another team with a better chance of winning.

Kinda like Kareem Abdul Jabbar did.

And You say Jordan never teamed up. Funny, he had another top 50 of all time teammate in Pippen, one of the best rebounders in the league in Rodman, and one of the best foreigners in the game at that time, Kukoc. Not to mention the GOAT coach in Phil and the best 3 point shooter in Kerr. And he didn't win at all UNTIL he got that support.

You say Bird never teamed up. Funny, he had LEGENDS like Robert Parish and Kevin McHale on his squad. Why WOULD Larry leave? He already had a "big 3" and was already on an established team.

You say Magic never teamed up. Im sorry, he didn't have Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, the all time leading score on his team, as soon as he was drafted to the Lakers. Of course not. He didn't have top 50 of all time James Worthy as a teammate. Of course not...

You really gonna say that Anderson Varejo, Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, Sasha Pavolvic, Ilgauskis, Eric Snow, Drew Gooden, and DeSanga Diop are on the level of Rodman, Pippen, Kerr, Kukoc, Parish, McHale, Kareem and James Worthy?

Shut your ? mouth... out here sounding like you popped outta Skip Bayless' ? .

This ? is scathing but, you're biased.

It's a difference between teaming up with another good player & teaming up with Dwyane Wade. For most of his career, Wade was arguably as good as Lebron. That's a big ? difference than joining up with Amare or D Will. If you deny that, there's really no point in talking with you.

On a side note....it's gonna be really hilarious to see people dismiss Wade as a mere Pippen-like sidekick in the next 15 to 20 years.
  • Maalik
    Options
    .482 .289 .770 4.9 6.6 1.8 1.0 25.4 (Wade, 2004-2010)
    .475 .329 .742 7.0 7.0 1.7 0.9 27.8 (Bron, 2004-2010)

It is what it is. Just don't ? on ? & call it Pepsi. Call it what it is. That ? is like Kobe & T-Mac teaming up.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maalik wrote: »

It's a difference between teaming up with another good player & teaming up with Dwyane Wade. For most of his career, Wade was arguably as good as Lebron. That's a big ? difference than joining up with Amare or D Will. If you deny that, there's really no point in talking with you.

On a side note....it's gonna be really hilarious to see people dismiss Wade as a mere Pippen-like sidekick in the next 15 to 20 years.

Way to completely miss the point.

The point being Lebron was a free agent and could do what he wanted.

The point being stars join stars all the time.

Congrats.

And lol @ "for most of his career, Wade was arguably as good as Lebron". Um no.

So yeah, lets just go with that "no point in talking to me" thing....
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever gets ball first wins. They can't check each other. Mike has a better chance because he can guard better due to his quickness. LeBron still stronger

Stop it 5! Jordan's whole game was about going 1v1. Jordan will embarrass dude. Jordan can check him majority of the time, but Lebron can't guard Jordan at all.

Also, Lebron can't dribble. The minute he tries one of his ? crossovers, Jordan will force him to pick up the ball and/or pick his handles.

... In order for Lebron to beat Jordan 1v1, he would have to play a perfect game in which he used his strength the entire time and bullied Jordan. Lebron would have to post up dribble the entire time and hope he never misses on some desperate ? . In brief, dude ain't wining.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    look one on one there is no help defense MJ cant keep Bron from going to the rim... MJ could attack the rim and hit js I see scenerios where both can win
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Im still wondering why a 6'8 260 power/smallforward lb man is being compared to a 6'6 210 lb guard....and he only has one championship in a league that puts a premium on scoring and it superstars.....So until he gets six,seven, even three...whats all the dickriding for?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im wondering if people actually play ball.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    People only dickride Jordan like that because of two things

1. He came right along of the time of globalism and the peak of sports marketing
    2. He ties into all our childhood memories

If we're being honest, Bill Russell won more than MJ and made more sacrifices offensively to help his team. I'm sure he could of put up Chamberlin stats

? really need to stop comparing current players to MJ, MJ is not bigger than the game of basketball. Every other sport has moved passed it's goat, but not basketball.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

1. He came right along of the time of globalism and the peak of sports marketing

If we're being honest, Bill Russell won more than MJ and made more sacrifices offensively to help his team. I'm sure he could of put up Chamberlin stats

? really need to stop comparing current players to MJ, MJ is not bigger than the game of basketball. Every other sport has moved passed it's goat, but not basketball.

The Great One is still mentioned in Hockey as well as Gordie Howe
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im a jordan fan but to act like bron couldnt score on him is ? hell when Drexler could drop 40 on him.
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Usmarin3 CO ? sign bruh. WE all know MJ is the greatest but its like a ? will decapitate u if you mention someone else like the game was supposed to end with MJ/ they brought this exact topic up on first take yesterday i think. rob parker and skip bayless wouldnt even let the ? ask the question.. ? disgusting man.
  • Maalik
    edited August 2012
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Way to completely miss the point.

The point being Lebron was a free agent and could do what he wanted.

The point being stars join stars all the time.

Congrats.

And lol @ "for most of his career, Wade was arguably as good as Lebron". Um no.

So yeah, lets just go with that "no point in talking to me" thing....

? , yes he was.

you just started watching basketball last year LOL....

? used to argue in the lunch room everyday about Wade, Lebron & Melo. Especially after Wade got his ring. ? outta here with that revisionist ? . You already showed you biased. Its no need to for us to talk any further.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lebron may be reclaiming his glory and that's cool, but there is one compliment that people keep giving him that annoys the ? out of me. They keep talking about he's great defensively because he can guard every position. Get out of here with that BS.

First, he's able to guard centers because there are no good centers. So that's an overblown statement. Right now the only decent true center is Dwight Howard, and Lebron doesn't shut Dwight down. On the flip side, yes he can stick with guards here and there, but he can't shut down the premiere PGs either. Rondo was owning everybody on that team including Lebron. I'm not saying Lebron isn't a good defender. He is. I just think people are going overboard by saying he's an all time great defender because he can guard all five positions.
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? , yes he was.

you just started watching basketball last year LOL....

? used to argue in the lunch room everyday about Wade, Lebron & Melo. Especially after Wade got his ring. ? outta here with that revisionist ? . You already showed you biased. Its no need to for us to talk any further.

So now because ? argue in the lunchroom, that validates players being as good as one another.

? used to argue the earth was flat fool.

And you just ? on yourself seeing as how you included melo in that convo. He's clearly not on either of their levels. Which means that just cuz you and ya ? free lunch friends argue over basketball doesn't mean you know ? about basketball.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    c1up wrote: »

The Great One is still mentioned in Hockey as well as Gordie Howe

Hockey fans don't compare Ovechkin or Crosby to Gretzsky like that. I barely see hockey even mentioning Gretzsky like that, the NBA still puts Jordan in their commercials and bring him all the time. They need to move the ? on and let the new stars create their own legacy.