Thinking About Leaving PS3 For 360....

Options

Comments

• funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the original argument (lol) but PSN has NO ads...at all, at least not on the XMB. The only "ads" are in the store, which would make sense because it's a store.

lol @ this thread still going tho. This ? E2S came with a thesis and supporting topics to back it up lol.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i see ads for promotions in the store, like uncharted doing something with jeep cherokee or subway, or some sweepstakes. but an actual ad, like a pop up that impedes going through PSN? nah never. the only thing that comes close is the XMB that has that little corner scroller.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have owned pretty much most of the PS3 exclusives and im not overly impressed... SP in games is not the same to me as it once was crazy lack of effort... MP is where it's at and thats why games like COD, Gears, and BF >>>> and i can experience all of those game on a far superior Network infrastructure who's sole purpose is to enhance the online gaming experience. When i played KZ and other games on PS3 it felt like i was playing in sand not to mention the voice chat sucked ? sounding like they deep sea diving. ? my boys and I would turn on our Xbox 360 get in a party chat just to run MP games on Ps3 : (
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited June 2012
    Options
    3b3934d0ad30e4c4baa639ff5e0dbe1b.jpg

BA DA BA BOP BAAAAAA!!!
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Lol @ I'm a dollar menu guy
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i see ads for promotions in the store, like uncharted doing something with jeep cherokee or subway, or some sweepstakes. but an actual ad, like a pop up that impedes going through PSN? nah never. the only thing that comes close is the XMB that has that little corner scroller.
    these are the same types of ads on XBL.. thats how i know ? in here just pulling ? out of their ? .. xbl has all game related advertising there isnt one ad that "impedes" the dashboard ... it MIGHT be one ad on there thats just an ad ... but its not in the way or nothing..
    and to answer @joshuaboy .. change is good... even tho u have customizable dashboard options.. the core of that XMB hasnt changed.. its stale as hell.. u cant tell me ur satisfied with that dash.. (even tho its not relevant to the topic)

ALSO, that pic by cham is a concept pic.. thats nowhere near how the dash looks.. and like i said it ONE freakin ad.. thats not an impeding pop up ad ... besides, look at the titles they are showing.. smh
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    these are the same types of ads on XBL.. thats how i know ? in here just pulling ? out of their ? .. xbl has all game related advertising there isnt one ad that "impedes" the dashboard ... it MIGHT be one ad on there thats just an ad ... but its not in the way or nothing..
    and to answer @joshuaboy .. change is good... even tho u have customizable dashboard options.. the core of that XMB hasnt changed.. its stale as hell.. u cant tell me ur satisfied with that dash.. (even tho its not relevant to the topic)

ALSO, that pic by cham is a concept pic.. thats nowhere near how the dash looks.. and like i said it ONE freakin ad.. thats not an impeding pop up ad ... besides, look at the titles they are showing.. smh

Yes, I am satisfied with my dash. I know exactly where everything is and where to go to get what I want done quickly. Simple. That's all I need. I don't need my dash to jump out the TV at me. Only thing I do is change the wallpaper sometimes depending on company (chicks love the pink Hello Kitty background).

So why you bring up ads as if PS3 is cluttered with ads. Only place you see ads is when you enter the store to says what's new or discounted or what. No where else, besides a small space no bigger than your finger at the top corner of your XMB, and that can be turned on and off.
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    i didn't bring up ads man.. i brought up dashboards.. somebody else said something to bring up ads.. and i said don't act like pen don't have ads... doesn't matter the nature of the ad.. its still an ad.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    ? and niggabitches still miss the point I see.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Yes, I am satisfied with my dash. I know exactly where everything is and where to go to get what I want done quickly. Simple. That's all I need. I don't need my dash to jump out the TV at me. Only thing I do is change the wallpaper sometimes depending on company (chicks love the pink Hello Kitty background).

So why you bring up ads as if PS3 is cluttered with ads. Only place you see ads is when you enter the store to says what's new or discounted or what. No where else, besides a small space no bigger than your finger at the top corner of your XMB, and that can be turned on and off.

Hello kitty ? ?.......really?
  • earth two superman
    Options
    Well ? , Im guessing what these ? want to know (or at least their Übercoon) is what gaming experience can you find on the PS3 that you can't find anywhere else. Its actually rather simple. But then again it's something that arcade sambos lack in their own lives so you can understand why they wouldn't catch it or even be very interested in it.

Character.

Simple as that. Amazing stories and narratives that can only be found on the PS3 since the PS1.

Name me a single gaming experience that does what Heavy Rain does. Name me one franchise on the xbox or the wii that has the depth of the MGS franchise. a game that incorporates mythology and creates a badass like ? of War. A game that lets you create your own adventures like little big planet. A single player story that takes concepts so stupidly simple such as climbing monsters, crossing a desert, petals falling, and turns them into GOTY contenders. Even games like Yakuza (which i dont even like) have more to do and personality than most games out today.

Not to say that there arent multiplatforms that tell amazing stories (Batman, AC, and Dead Space come to mind) but what franchise on the 360 tells a story that begs to be completed, like a great book or a great movie? Storylines simply arent there in most 360 franchises. If it's there, it doesn't sell much. See Wake, Alan. or hell, see Crackdown (which I loved) but only sold a little over a million and a half worldwide (thatd be a bomb to some of you).

why do you think so many people play the multiplayer of gears, cod, halo, etc first and not touch the main storyline till months later? and thats fine, i love Cod. but theres no personality in any character of any of those games that you couldnt replace with a talking cat and have the same effect. Granted, Gears at least tries. but this is why i find that richard simmons/master chief line so funny. because it could literally be true and it wouldnt have any affect on Halo whatsoever.

and yes, Nintendo was the first to tell great stories in games, but most of their best ideas have come from one mind and are simply marketed to a younger generation. No one playing a lot of wii is gonna give a ? about greek mythology or the cold war. That's what Sony does absolute best. It lets games tell mature stories as good as movies and create characters that could be in literature.
    ok, continue arcade cooning.

So sly cooper can be an example of this too?

Sure why not? Im sure a talking raccoon is a mature concept to a janky niggabeach like you
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I see 2 add bruh. Coca Cola and mcckyDees
  • joshuaboy
    Options

Don't judge me
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Weird how I never seen any of those ads on xbl before.
  • vageneral08
    Options
    I guess fat princess is one of those adult games too for ps3 players
  • earth two superman
    edited June 2012
    Options
    yeah, fat princess, and ratchet, and jak and dexter, theres a bunch of franchises catered to younger players on ps3 too. and i still say to a hebitch like you, theyre probably all pretty adult oriented. whats your point? have you ever even played fat princess?
  • kanggoodie
    Options
    man ? this thread.. T/S never came back... ? bait thread.. SMH

1817572-troll_threads.jpg
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    As cartoony and sweet as the game appears, Fat Princess is definitely not for kids.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    That's true. It's violent as ? some places lol. Not for you vaginaral. Come back when you realize the undertaker isnt really dead.
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    That's true. It's violent as ? some places lol. Not for you vaginaral. Come back when you realize the undertaker isnt really dead.

lol lol
  • vageneral08
    Options
    yeah, fat princess, and ratchet, and jak and dexter, theres a bunch of franchises catered to younger players on ps3 too. and i still say to a hebitch like you, theyre probably all pretty adult oriented. whats your point? have you ever even played fat princess?

stop catching feelings bruh....
  • vageneral08
    Options
    man ? this thread.. T/S never came back... ? bait thread.. SMH

1817572-troll_threads.jpg

You got one troll in the islands and the other with superman cape on....smh ? these days
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't judge me

Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-a-a-alcohol
  • joshuaboy
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

Don't judge me

Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-a-a-alcohol

It's Friday night ;)