Thinking About Leaving PS3 For 360....

Options

Comments

• CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All Kang can say is XBL as if PSN doesn't exist.

He's gassed and relies on the same tired retort.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What exclusives does the 360 have right now? None really, overall sure there's a big list but it's not touching PS3 exclusives.

Your big ones are: Halo, Alan Wake, Forza (or whatever ? racing game it is) then really that's it. Everything else came over to the PS3. (oh yeah and Gears) the rest of the lists consist of Kinect animals and dancing games.

PS3 big ones: LBP, Uncharted, ? of War, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Journey, MGS4, GT5, Demon Souls, Infamous etc....

They aren't just exclusives, they're top notch games that actually are for gamers.

So what is great about the 360? Please, answer with something that isn't "online is better" or "we cross-chat and ? together".
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Of course XBox has had multiple dashboards - the past iterations have been turrible. Cluddered, hard to navigate, and they flood your screen with ugly ass advertisements. And are there even customizable themes for X-Box Dashboard yet? Also it's funny, cause the newest dashboard is more of a mirror to the PS3's streamline XMB. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kanggoodie wrote: »
    still no answer to e2s question.. .and what kills me is the ONLY argument ? has is exclusive titles... SMH .. i said 4-5 pages ago that ps3 has 360 beat on the number of exclusives .. but cant even refute anything else.. he just defers to " ? cross-chatting LOL" this dude is outta gas.. seriously..

on a different note: how many diff dashboards have the PS3 had since launch?? that ? look dusty and dated..

1 as far as I know. How many has the 360 had?
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    @vageneral08 one question ........ what's the best game for Kinect that you own or have played? And if you tell me you use it to navigate your dashboard and Netflix, then I leave this planet for good.

I dont own one but I enjoyed the sports game
  • vageneral08
    Options
    still no answer to e2s question.. .and what kills me is the ONLY argument ? has is exclusive titles... SMH .. i said 4-5 pages ago that ps3 has 360 beat on the number of exclusives .. but cant even refute anything else.. he just defers to " ? cross-chatting LOL" this dude is outta gas.. seriously..

on a different note: how many diff dashboards have the PS3 had since launch?? that ? look dusty and dated..

Yeah ? couldnt even admit who sold more games....he knows but wont say it
  • vageneral08
    Options
    PimpMVP wrote: »
    GT5 sold 5.5 million

The GT series as a whole has sold over 60 million.

That's 54.5 million sales not named GT5... Lol Vageneral isn't the brightest light in the room I see.

I would assume a game that's been out since 97 would sell that much
  • vageneral08
    Options
    @vageneral.... ? motion controls.....and that goes for any console....I have both....but I'm never buying connect or move....and that wonderbook ? was ?

lol
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    4 consecutive uninterrupted posts... somebody mad
  • VIBE
    Options
    I'm confused as to wtf answer these guys want...
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Lol.. I have no idea what they are asking for but it's hilarious that they keep asking for it.
  • kanggoodie
    kanggoodie Members Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

at least 5 ... and id rather have an easy to navigate ad-riden dashboard than a clutter un-intuitive one. don't act like pen aint full of ads

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol....now ? is reachin....PSN dashboard >>>>>> xbox bashboard and the ? ain't even close......and xbox has more advertisements than psn.....
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Full of ads

I swear kang is making up ? as he go.. I rally see ads
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    That post was beautiful @E2S
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? a X-Box

Real ? Play PS3.
  • CallMeWelvin
    Options
    Soo woo to the P-Hive
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    Options
    I remember when all I'd hear on here on the old IC was how PS3 had no games. Now 360 really has nothing that PS3 doesn't have and PS3 is murdering 360 in exclusives. Now it's all about how pretty the 360s dashboard is, it's online community, and a bunch of apps you can already get on a PC, pad, phone, or a standalone blu-ray player or smart TV.

You'd think PS3's online doesn't even work after reading some of the comments in this thread.

• CallMeWelvin
    Options
  • vageneral08
    Options
    Well ? , Im guessing what these ? want to know (or at least their Übercoon) is what gaming experience can you find on the PS3 that you can't find anywhere else. Its actually rather simple. But then again it's something that arcade sambos lack in their own lives so you can understand why they wouldn't catch it or even be very interested in it.

Character.

Simple as that. Amazing stories and narratives that can only be found on the PS3 since the PS1.

Name me a single gaming experience that does what Heavy Rain does. Name me one franchise on the xbox or the wii that has the depth of the MGS franchise. a game that incorporates mythology and creates a badass like ? of War. A game that lets you create your own adventures like little big planet. A single player story that takes concepts so stupidly simple such as climbing monsters, crossing a desert, petals falling, and turns them into GOTY contenders. Even games like Yakuza (which i dont even like) have more to do and personality than most games out today.

Not to say that there arent multiplatforms that tell amazing stories (Batman, AC, and Dead Space come to mind) but what franchise on the 360 tells a story that begs to be completed, like a great book or a great movie? Storylines simply arent there in most 360 franchises. If it's there, it doesn't sell much. See Wake, Alan. or hell, see Crackdown (which I loved) but only sold a little over a million and a half worldwide (thatd be a bomb to some of you).

why do you think so many people play the multiplayer of gears, cod, halo, etc first and not touch the main storyline till months later? and thats fine, i love Cod. but theres no personality in any character of any of those games that you couldnt replace with a talking cat and have the same effect. Granted, Gears at least tries. but this is why i find that richard simmons/master chief line so funny. because it could literally be true and it wouldnt have any affect on Halo whatsoever.

and yes, Nintendo was the first to tell great stories in games, but most of their best ideas have come from one mind and are simply marketed to a younger generation. No one playing a lot of wii is gonna give a ? about greek mythology or the cold war. That's what Sony does absolute best. It lets games tell mature stories as good as movies and create characters that could be in literature.
    ok, continue arcade cooning.

So sly cooper can be an example of this too?
  • VIBE
    Options
    E2S just shut the ? down.

360 fanboys, just stop.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2012
    Options

at least 5 ... and id rather have an easy to navigate ad-riden dashboard than a clutter un-intuitive one. don't act like pen aint full of ads

So what was wrong with the previous 4 why they had to keep changing up so much? I can understand when they changed to incorporate Kinect, but other than that, was it broken or something?

I haven't owned a 360 since 2007 so I'm curious as to what the problem was.

And. please tell me about these ads of which you speak.
  • VIBE
    Options
    PSN has ads? Since when have you last seen PSN?