Man of Steel

Options

Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    THIS MOVIE WAS WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN DARKKNIGHT

AND SUPER DUPER WAYYYYYYYY BETTER THAN THAT LAST IRONMAN BULLSHYT!

fiddy.gif

Prisoner of the moment ass. Go to timeout now.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did like the movie better than The Dark Knight but not by some ridiculous margin. General Zod was dope as ? but Heath's Joker still edges him out.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It should be MOS vs Batman Begins more than MOS vs Dark Knight. I'd say with each movie in the Dark Knight trilogy it was better than the last, which is what makes it such a great trilogy.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark Knight and Ironman 1 >> MoS to me, but MoS had way better action and was the only one of the three that I liked despite not caring for the character at all.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great movie

Fight scenes was on point.

That's the hardest thing to achieve when making a Superman movie.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that all the comic ages of Superman are being blended into the film is something I don't think that's being addressed too tough in the criticisms about the movie.

For example, before he can fly, he can only leap great distances (Golden Age).
    Before he's moving planets, it's cars and school busses.
    He then graduates to moving 100+ ton terraforming vessels (Silver Age/Earth 2 Superman Status).

And we get all of that with the Bronze and Modern Age "realism" like American Government paranoia, hostile public response, and heroes being forced to choose between their morals and life-or-death choices, etc. Shouldn't be allowed to criticize something if you don't actually understand what it is you're watching.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-zack-snyder-wants-mark-strong-lex-luthor-man-steel-2

With Man of Steel tipping the scales domestically at over $200 million it seems a sequel is more than likely, with lots of talk surrounding that.

Both director Zack Snyder and Henry Cavill have stated they want more Superman before the Justice League movie, as well as mention of Big Blue taking the lead in the JL film as well.

There has also been a rather large development at Warner Bros. in regards to WB Movie president Jeff Robinov apparently leaving; just how that affects the DC movies remains to be seen.

Chatting with our DC Entertainment source, we were told the following.

Robinov was a big DC supporter; depends what the new guy at the top thinks, but the source is pretty sure all of WB will get behind the DCCU after Man of Steel.

We were told a tidbit regarding General Swanwick in the Man of Steel as the character was originally General Lane, and that is how Lois got access to Superman when he surrendered. They changed it around and replaced General Lane with General Swanwick played by Harry Lennix.

The source says it's been said that filming for the Man of Steel sequel will be begin next year, and Mark Strong is wanted for Lex Luthor by Zack Snyder. Expect pre-production to start coming together by October-December.

David Goyer is hard at work on a first draft of the screenplay for Man of Steel 2. The source says Chris Nolan is sort of overseeing the script/story, but may not have as much input as before as he is focusing on his new film project, Interstellar.

The source noted he would personally like Jonathan Nolan to help Goyer with the screenplay.

Also, David Goyer has a short treatment for Justice League, but there is no story or script so far.

Our DC Entertainment source previously provided us information on the Man of Steel including the bus crash scene that was featured in the movie and more.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont want them to rush these projects. Man of Steel was such a good movie story wise and action wise compared to the marvel solo films that if they start rushing these projects they will lack the same quality.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt see any black kryptonians...I was looking for them too
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I didnt see any black kryptonians...I was looking for them too

lol I can't even lie. I was doing the same thing. Krypton was apparently an all white planet.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In comic tied to the movie Superman's cousin was ? a black Krptonian
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My Only Gripe Is That They MisCast Lois Lane...Amy Adams Pale Plane ? ..Really? Not Body ? With Snyder When It Comes To Fight Scenes...That ? Was Marvelous (no pun intended)....300, Watchmen, MOS >>>>Bat Trilogy IMO...
  • EqMcfly
    EqMcfly Members Posts: 12
    Options
    This was a dope movie, i wasnt feelin Zod too much till the ending, than i really see why they cast him.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Just seen it that was probably the most epic showdown ever put into a movie period!

nah.. its up there..
    off hand Neo vs Smith in Revolution ? on it..

but ? got real..
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options
    BossBoo wrote: »
    Just seen it that was probably the most epic showdown ever put into a movie period!

nah.. its up there..

but ? got real..

are you being serious right now?
  • CapitalB
    Options

nah.. its up there..

but ? got real..

are you being serious right now?

actually i am..
    after seein the movie for a second time im convinced..

and that fight was what over 10yrs ago??
    i can still watch that ? and be like "damn."
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    Options
    haven't seen that movie since in the theatre might have to watch it again. Does the CGI hold up though?
  • CapitalB
    Options
    haven't seen that movie since in the theatre might have to watch it again. Does the CGI hold up though?

? came on spike some weeks ago.. the movie sucked.. but that last fight scene when smith took over the oracle and got flight capabilities was GOAT and even the fight scene in the second installment where he fought 300 Smiths is up there..

but ill say the Superman vs.Zod was better then that..

but hey.. thats jus my opinion..
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? came on spike some weeks ago.. the movie sucked.. but that last fight scene when smith took over the oracle and got flight capabilities was GOAT and even the fight scene in the second installment where he fought 300 Smiths is up there..

but ill say the Superman vs.Zod was better then that..

but hey.. thats jus my opinion..

I remember after watching the fight scene and thinking why these ? cant give us a decent DBZ movie 10 years later Im still asking that same question
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    250px-Vathlo.jpg

"Vathlo Island is a Kryptonian island continent similar to Australia and populated by a "highly developed black race" of Kryptonians, and "retained its independence throughout history and did not join the planetary federation, though good relations were maintained". Black Kryptonians were first shown in Superman #234 (1971), with the island itself shown on a map in #239."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vathlo_Island

Whether David Goyer even knows what that is is another story.

In Final Crisis the Superman of Earth 23 Calvin Ellis acknowledges that he has roots in Vathlo by using tech from Vathlo

Final_Crisis_07_p01-744411.jpg

He's also still in the New 52 universe and probably still from there

tumblr_m8000gEFLK1qeenqto1_500.jpg

The New 52 even acknowledges Black Kryptonians living in Kryptonopolis (where Superman was born) so maybe Goyer will know about their existence eventually since he's obviously still learning a lot about Superman comics.

2617476-superman_zone_006.jpg

good ? but they could have had them in man of steel if they had black kryptonians in the first episodes of superman tas. I think I saw black extras in the krypton destruction scene in the original donner superman.
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    finally seen this movie, love that fight scene with superman and zod. didn't like how lois found out clark's identity so damn easy.

so they gonna explain how the fight destroyed almost half of the metropolis.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    The MoS fight ? on Neo vs Smith IMO. But cosign the sentiment that both make you wonder why after all this time we couldn't get a good DBZ movie. After the ? known as DB Evolution, they don't need to try again.