Man of Steel

Options

Comments

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Someone I know noticed all the Superman comic books in my home and decided to give me a free ticket for this as a kind gesture before it left the big screen. So now that I've finally seen it and without getting into titangraphs I have to say it's a 6.5/10 if I had to rate it on a 10 point scale. Like Superman Returns it was pretty imbalanced. Everything that movie did wrong this one did right and vice versa. We still haven't gotten the definitive Superman movie but we seem to be getting closer. At least Hollywood is finally realizing that the potential is there.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    What Snyder and Nolan should do is focus Part 2 on the aftermath of the Zod battle and how damn near half of Metropolis was leveled. I think someone here said it best: Luthor could could use this to not only turn the world against Supes, but run for President and win. Supes somehow stops him when Luthor is exposed for the evil bastard he is.

Part 3 should be the DEATH of Superman storyline. I'm not sure how yet, but that story should lead everyone into the JLA movie.

My only thing with this is: IF a JLA movie is made, who plays Bats? Bale? In this Nolan-like universe, Bruce is declared dead, so does JGH take his place?

That's exactly how the animated movie is , not trying to see the same exact thing.

Luther was president,had the world think Superman was evil and a murderer, and superman at the end exposes Luthor.

WHATS THE MOVIE CALLED.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Man this movie was amazing. i loved it. can't wait for the sequel
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought this was okay, a good 1st movie to a trilogy. But the more I watch it makes me realize how great Superman: The movie was. Honestly no comic book movie has gotten close that film...yet. Also curious to see how they explain how Metropolis is rebuilt since it looked liked Ground Zero by the end of the film. I think the most important thing they have to change is brighten it up and make it more fun. This is Superman not Batman.

7/10
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    man what happened to the black cryptonian....supes hit him with a bus then he threw a train at him and was never seen again in the movie.... and superman coulda just bused his super breath and blew his dad and the dag away from the tornado lol

Hold up all jokes aside seriously was there a black cryptonian in the movie? if so i didnt see him...........

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    man what happened to the black cryptonian....supes hit him with a bus then he threw a train at him and was never seen again in the movie.... and superman coulda just bused his super breath and blew his dad and the dag away from the tornado lol

Hold up all jokes aside seriously was there a black cryptonian in the movie? if so i didnt see him...........

yeah the ? dude the was fighting with the girl against Superman
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah the ? dude the was fighting with the girl against Superman

That ? wasn't black, he was a CGI being kryptonian in a suit that never took off his mask.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Bale is NOT going to play batman in the JLA movies, or probably ever again. Both him and Nolan have said that, Nolan's Batman is in a completely different universe, thus the realism and lack of super powers and aliens, etc.

Besides, it gives WB a reason to reboot Batman, which they'll love.

One good point I seen raised was how to make Batman fit into the JLA universe with all the other characters. He's really the only one without any super powers or items with super powers (like green lantern's ring) so how do you have a villain who stands as a challenge to superman, wonder woman, etc. but also have it not be outrageously more powerful than batman.

They need to reboot batman continuing it from after Dark Knight cause The Dark Knight rises was ? . I cannot understand how a bald headed ? almost my size that sounds like kermit the frog was ? him up.

Man of Steel >> The Dark Knight rises, Batman Begins

If they not using Christian Bale for the sequel, they should go with Josh Brolin.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't like The Dark Knight Rises either but they're not going to use that Batman anyway. It is a completely new Batman. He'll probably be tight at the alien for letting so many people die. Batman has a no ? rule too and he is a human. I see him siding with Lex at some point in the movie. Probably as Bruce.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Mark Strong for Lex Luthor

strong.jpg

I could see Lex being deeply involved in politics and trying to rebuild Metropolis, he hits up Bruce Wayne to form a partnership.

40330_pro.jpg

Bruce Wayne doesn't realize that this ? is corrupt while Supes is trying to stop him. Batman interrupts, they duke it out. Lex tries to take both of them out. ? doesn't work but they need to throw another villain in there cause Bats and Supes would wipe the floor with Lex. Gotta be either Joker (probably Johnny Depp or Joseph Gordon Lewitt) or Brainiac.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doubt they would cast Joseph Gordon Levitt since he was in Nolan's Batman.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Doubt they would cast Joseph Gordon Levitt since he was in Nolan's Batman.

Would be dope since Joker is like an enigma. It would kinda pay homage to the character and make it appear as if they're in 2 different universes. One universe shows him as a sidekick, the other showing him as a villain.
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just checked this out the other day.

Movie was decent. Wouldn't compare it to Dark Knight or Avengers. Both are superior films.

As for the the Big 3 Origin movies of the last 5 years, Iron Man>Batman Begins>Man Of Steel

It had some good elements, it just felt boring most of the time.

Cavill is a good Superman. Superman's birth Mom would have been a better choice at Lois Lane lol. At no point in the movie did I feel Amy Adams was a believable Lois Lane; especially shooting an alien weapon lol
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Also Han's Zimmer score was very good. Is even in the same ballpark to Williams....HELL NO! But good nonetheless.

And a geek moment for me I loved the part in the last battle when Zod knocks Superman to the ground and instead of getting up, he just floats, up ready for battle. Always wanted to see Supes do that on the big screen.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would've loved to see lex at the end promising metropolis he would help rebuild the city while trying to maneuver himself to own half metropolis...

also how will lex fit into this superman vs batman?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Movie was ok.....kinda boring and long tho
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I would've loved to see lex at the end promising metropolis he would help rebuild the city while trying to maneuver himself to own half metropolis...

also how will lex fit into this superman vs batman?

I think Lex will fit into this just fine as some of the suggestions they mentioned here are likely the route they will take.

What I'm more curious about, is how Batman fits into this movie with Superman. We just got done seeing Superman wreck most of the city just by a few punches and pushes, how is Batman going to be able to withstand those powers without the "Cartoon" style dodges and dives? It just seems like it'll produce a lot of "? " moments --- When this ? is supposed to be "realistic."
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is the first movie trailer that caused my eyes to get wide with amazement. this is gonna be serious.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

this is the first movie trailer that caused my eyes to get wide with amazement. this is gonna be serious.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dvd/ blu ray rip just leaked
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for all its faults this movie is ? gorgeous in every sense of the word.if you have a good tv that ? will appreciate this....i almost feel like my tv wants to give me a high five for inspiring it to be better.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    i like snyders comicbook vision and watchmen is one of my favourite movies
    i was never really a huge superman fan but to me mos>>>>>>>>>>avengers, iron man, thor, nolans batman and them in terms of movies
    it wasnt perfect and it had some major flaws but this ? was almost a real life dragonballz, good ?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was hype as hell when Supes flew up thru that gravity field
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    i was never really a huge superman fan but to me mos>>>>>>>>>>avengers, iron man, thor, nolans batman and them in terms of movies
    it wasnt perfect and it had some major flaws but this ? was almost a real life dragonballz, good ?

No just no. Good movie, but as far as set up, acting and overall quality I have to disagree. The action was the selling point of this movie.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »

No just no. Good movie, but as far as set up, acting and overall quality I have to disagree. The action was the selling point of this movie.

i said imo
    but yea nolans batman is better in terms of acting, set up and overall quality, but its just not alotta fun to watch imo..
    it has been said before these batman movies are like crime movies/thrillers with batman, but thats not what i personally want from a comic book movie. and the fights are pretty weak.