Man of Steel

Options

Comments

• VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have to admit.Marvel really has to steo their game up after TMoS and that weak as IM3. This movie did the most important thing since maybe Blade which was deliver great fight scenes that did not disappoint. We all mostly already know the storybabd characters but for characters that have super powers or hi tech weaponry we need top notch action. This ia what Thor failed to deliver.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Marvel has to step up too much really. Unless I'm mistaken, the complaints about IM3 had nothing to do with the action. They were all lobbied at various plot points. The same thing happened with MoS. So they are both the same there. I do think MoS did "superhero action" better, but at the same time, Superman and Ironman are two different levels of power. The kind of fight and effects we saw in Superman wouldn't have even worked in Ironman.

I would agree they need to step up with Thor though in the next movie. He's the only character Marvel has so far that should be able to produce some godly (no pun intended) fight scenes, yet as mentioned, the first movie failed to deliver.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really hope thor 2 is good I was more hyped for that one than im3 but after mos thor better be whooping some as gotdammit the ? of thunder has too many abilities for this ? to not be epic
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i HATED thor, the first movie. Thor 2 is looking a ? load better tho, looks like they will actually be staying in Asgard this time. Captain America was my favorite Solo movie tho. I just loved the whole WW2 storyline and stuff. Im getting the feeling the second one wont be too great tho.
  • iron man1
    Options
    Winter soldier is looking good man I don't know this may be what cap fans been waiting for
  • FourEfil
    FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fao1.jpg

Faora may have stole the show.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    I Can't Be The Only That Thought Ma Kent Looked Fuckable...? His Birth Mother Too....

that's because she is.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXUmrV1dLrLN61t4BRnhVnmw3qs397W_Yy0a3hV41Ufc_w5ckG

936full-diane-lane.jpg
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FourEfil wrote: »
    fao1.jpg

Faora may have stole the show.

Ran into a super women
    Turned her into a super ?
    Hit her with that super ?
    She be coming super quick
  • major pain
    major pain Members Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didnt read but if anyone is complaining about the end of the fight scene... zod was killed on camera in the 80s Superman 2

ijs
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Man-of-Steel-Trailer.jpg

(GRADE = B)
    Christopher Nolan the man behind "The Dark Knight Trilogy" and Zack Synder the man behind "300 and The Watchman" bring you the next addition into the Superman Film Franchise with "Man of Steel". After "Superman Returns" lackluster box office return Warner Bros went back to the drawing board and decided to reboot Superman. After the success of Batman they brought in Nolan to assemble a team that includes Zack Synder and David Goyer. "Man of Steel" was born. The film stars Henry Cavil, Amy Adams and Michael Shannon.

Unlike "Returns" which acts as a sequel to the 1st two Superman movies. "Man of Steel" doesn't have any real connection to the original Christopher Reeves films outside of the storyline. The movie begins in Krypton (Like Superman 1) and then goes into General Zod and his team tracking down Superman (Superman II) so the story is basically Superman I + II combined. They didn't really focus on smallville outside of a few flashbacks. I thought both Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner did great jobs. Diana Lane was ok. I liked the sci-fi element of Krypton (Outside Russell Crowe riding around on a damn Dragon Fly, lol). The action was on point once General Zod and his team came down. They all wrecked shop. I thought Henry Cavil was a very good Kal-El but not a great Clark Kent.

That may be because of the script but the Clark side is really only eluded to instead of being in the forfront. We really don't get to see the Clark Kent personality to the very end of the movie so I guess they are saving that for part II. Louis Lane's character was under developed and had no chemistry with Superman at all. Also it was wack that Lois knew Clark identity. So outside of some story issues I thought it was a nice addition and a good start to a new series. Better than "Returns" but falls short of the Christopher Reeves originals. I mean if you want to be honest, "Man of Steel" was really (Superman and Superman II the remix), lol. Also I hope Lex is the next movie. But congrats to Nolan, Zack and Goyer for reinventing Superman in this new era. I really enjoyed the movie.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie was good, Henry Cavill played Superman perfectly, not only did he look the part but his cadence when speaking sounded like Superman. Even though she's not as attractive as Olivia Wilde, I thought Amy Adams as Lois Lane was a good choice acting wise,

The ? up editing predominant in Nolan movies bothered me, I think it has something to do with Hans Zimmer score which can be a bit too much at times. Also the action scenes (while incredible) could have used some better set-up/tension, after awhile all the building smashing felt repetitive and lost a bit of its luster.

The absolute worst part of this film for me though were the child actors that played young Clark - ? they were bad, every time they opened their mouth to spout a line of dialog I became angry. That type of angry where you say "man...this ? " out loud in a crowded movie theater.

Looking forward to the sequel.

B-
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol what do you mean the ? up editing predominant in Nolan movies? You mean the non-linear thing he does most movies?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    man what happened to the black cryptonian....supes hit him with a bus then he threw a train at him and was never seen again in the movie.... and superman coulda just bused his super breath and blew his dad and the dag away from the tornado lol
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finally saw it

7/10
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seen this movie....man this movie might be better then Dark Knight....although it is unfair to compare
  • iron man1
    Options
    Not fair to compare its not better though but let's wait for the sequel and compare them and see how mos 2 improves
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Seen this movie....man this movie might be better then Dark Knight....although it is unfair to compare

Its not
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seen it this past weekend. solid 8/10. was geeked up when they showed krpyton. ? damn at metropolis afterwards.
    idk about jonathan kent dying. i mean i understand it but i woulda saved him ? that. really could have done without the lois lane love part of it. that felt forced and wasn't natural. the flashback scenes were nice. but him doing all this ? with people seeing him has to have some people thinking who he really is. Faora and Lara Lor-Van can get it. didn't know jor-el would play a large roll towards the end but that was a nice touch. supes killing zod had to be the jaw dropper of the movie. ? was totally unexpected.

all in all i enjoyed it.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    What Snyder and Nolan should do is focus Part 2 on the aftermath of the Zod battle and how damn near half of Metropolis was leveled. I think someone here said it best: Luthor could could use this to not only turn the world against Supes, but run for President and win. Supes somehow stops him when Luthor is exposed for the evil bastard he is.

Part 3 should be the DEATH of Superman storyline. I'm not sure how yet, but that story should lead everyone into the JLA movie.

My only thing with this is: IF a JLA movie is made, who plays Bats? Bale? In this Nolan-like universe, Bruce is declared dead, so does JGH take his place?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bale is NOT going to play batman in the JLA movies, or probably ever again. Both him and Nolan have said that, Nolan's Batman is in a completely different universe, thus the realism and lack of super powers and aliens, etc.

Besides, it gives WB a reason to reboot Batman, which they'll love.

One good point I seen raised was how to make Batman fit into the JLA universe with all the other characters. He's really the only one without any super powers or items with super powers (like green lantern's ring) so how do you have a villain who stands as a challenge to superman, wonder woman, etc. but also have it not be outrageously more powerful than batman.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bale is NOT going to play batman in the JLA movies, or probably ever again. Both him and Nolan have said that, Nolan's Batman is in a completely different universe, thus the realism and lack of super powers and aliens, etc.

Besides, it gives WB a reason to reboot Batman, which they'll love.

One good point I seen raised was how to make Batman fit into the JLA universe with all the other characters. He's really the only one without any super powers or items with super powers (like green lantern's ring) so how do you have a villain who stands as a challenge to superman, wonder woman, etc. but also have it not be outrageously more powerful than batman.

I get what you're saying, the approach to that challenge is doing something similar to the Justice League cartoon. They just need to make him the cerebral, chess like, strategist, detective he's always been. From what i've seen, Batman is always two steps ahead of everyone and is always outsmarting people - even his own team; that was pretty much the entire premise of that "Justice League Doom" movie that came out awhile back. Also, whatever he lacks in super powers he makes up for in gadgetry.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    What Snyder and Nolan should do is focus Part 2 on the aftermath of the Zod battle and how damn near half of Metropolis was leveled. I think someone here said it best: Luthor could could use this to not only turn the world against Supes, but run for President and win. Supes somehow stops him when Luthor is exposed for the evil bastard he is.

Part 3 should be the DEATH of Superman storyline. I'm not sure how yet, but that story should lead everyone into the JLA movie.

My only thing with this is: IF a JLA movie is made, who plays Bats? Bale? In this Nolan-like universe, Bruce is declared dead, so does JGH take his place?

That's exactly how the animated movie is , not trying to see the same exact thing.

Luther was president,had the world think Superman was evil and a murderer, and superman at the end exposes Luthor.