Man of Steel

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superman must be the wackest fighter i've ever seen. All that ? did was fly into people.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when is it coming out on demand. oh, thannx for the spoilers guys.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude the movie came out dam near 6 months ago, no such thing as spoilers at this point lol
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2013
    Options
    1st day blu-ray cop

this movie ? on Avengers and Iron Man
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DVD copy leak yet?
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched the dvd rip today. I liked it. It was very well done. Great start to the trilogy. Dude who played Supeman killed it imo.

I give it a solid A-
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Released June, 14 2013, how has this film aged in 2 years?
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watched it when it was running on HBO a few months back. Solid movie.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I liked this movies 8/10 but better than avengers and iron man hell no
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was dope ( David Goyer notwithstanding) and still. Really liked the depiction of Krypton.
  • soul rattler
    Options

Better than Age of Ultron?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I liked this movie better than the dark knight series.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options

I personally thought AOU better than the originals
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the aspects I liked most about this movie that I thought was epic was the scoring,it really set the tone of the film and separated it from your average campy superhero flick. I take my hat off to Han's Zimmer and his orchestra for what they contributed into making Man of Steel great.

2nd Shooting this with a hanheld camera really gave it a realistic effect. The fight scene between supe and the kryptonians felt like I was watching live footage on CNN. I know most are not a fan of this new trendy way of directing but I thought it was done well in this case since it was shot with a large budget.

I've grown to like MOS more than when I originally saw it in theatres. And thanks to on demand cable(product placement)I can watch it in HD without having to pop in the dvd.Top 5 superhero flick imo.

On the downside the kryptonians could of used some diversity in the ethnic department....besides that and the slightly rushed romance between clark & lois I had no complaints.

• Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

On the downside the kryptonians could of used some diversity in the ethnic department....besides that and the slightly rushed romance between clark & lois I had no complaints.

They could always introduce Vathlo Island in flashbacks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vathlo_Island

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Imlikedmit the only thing I didn't like is they killed off professor Hamilton.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the aspects I liked most about this movie that I thought was epic was the scoring,it really set the tone of the film and separated it from your average campy superhero flick. I take my hat off to Han's Zimmer and his orchestra for what they contributed into making Man of Steel great.

2nd Shooting this with a hanheld camera really gave it a realistic effect. The fight scene between supe and the kryptonians felt like I was watching live footage on CNN. I know most are not a fan of this new trendy way of directing but I thought it was done well in this case since it was shot with a large budget.

I've grown to like MOS more than when I originally saw it in theatres. And thanks to on demand cable(product placement)I can watch it in HD without having to pop in the dvd.Top 5 superhero flick imo.

The Flight song is my favorite song on that soundtrack.
  • soul rattler
    Options

I personally thought AOU better than the originals

As far as action and story yeah but it's difficult for me to talk about AoU objectively because I know for a fact that it's like 3/4ths of the full thing.

I wanted to rank Man Of Steel as top 5 but the wack ass script and Lois Lane bring the movie down. My top 5: The Dark Knight, Days of Future Past, Winter Soldier, Avengers, Iron Man. MOS is right outside that bubble.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fight scenes were the best part and they were like an hour and a half into the film.
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

They could always introduce Vathlo Island in flashbacks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vathlo_Island

I remember this being posted before....that would be a cool idea...but I really wish they would introduce milestone characters down the line instead of that other group of heroes w/capes DC announced theyre working on. Imagine a teaser trailer showing a space pod landing in a plantation....They should at least attach ICON to the universe.
    iron man1 wrote: »

The Flight song is my favorite song on that soundtrack.

I like how they ended the movie with flight,it fit perfectly.

My favorite is Launch and Terraforming...Flight being my 3rd favorite

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That would be dope.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still like the movie. Just watched it the other day tbh.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was dope af