The Official 2012-2013 European Football Thread.

Options

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jack Wilshire out til October. Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new Owen Hargreaves.

Wow. Almost 20 months?
  • Alkindus
    Alkindus Members Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL a new thread ayyy?

Bout to watch Morocco vs. Japan olympic football, hope we'll beat those ? 's

predictions for next season:

Eredivisie: PSV Eindhoven.....I know pre season matches don't mean ? but we defeated both Bilbao and Benfica(who've beaten Real 5-2), got some fresh quality players as well).

Prem : Arsenal, they will sell Van Persie, Chamakh/Giroud will shine as the next CF, get Sahin and probably a couple upcomin French talents etc....

Primera: Barca, cause Villa will return.

Serie A: Inter, they'll finally get back with it

Ligue 1: PSG

Bundes Liga : Bayern Munchen

Primeira: Benfica, they've only become better.

• s0j0urner
    s0j0urner Members Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @Alkindus
    Do not sleep on Japan - they are very tactical and precise. It will be a very close one,my prediction:
    2-1 El Marroc
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    daum missed the usa basketball game :(
  • water ur seeds
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Some nice ? in the beach volleyball, they got no ? though... Bring on the Brazilians yo
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some nice ? in the beach volleyball... Bring on the Brazilians yo

That's what I'm waiting for.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Innit. You watching the volleyball as well then, LOL!

• water ur seeds
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

That's what I'm waiting for.

cant wait for that schitt, freeze frame on sky+ when they get on lol
  • water ur seeds
    edited July 2012
    Options

done know!

no surprise its been the best selling ticket event so far haha
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options

done know!

Yeah, a bit strange that. LOL.
  • water ur seeds
    edited July 2012
    Options

done know!

Yeah, a bit strange that. LOL.

cant think why? :-? lol

VolleyBall.jpg
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what channel women volleyball on an web stream??? nbc on some ? ? in the usa
  • bigev240
    Options
    Figo wrote: »

You know it. I'm on first row for the stream.
  • water ur seeds
    edited July 2012
    Options

fck knows, bbc got interactive iplayer type thing on sky, so you can choose any sport you like to watch on tv... american need to get that service going
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

fck knows, bbc got interactive iplayer type thing on sky, so you can choose any sport you like to watch on tv... american need to get that service going

good looking out. bbc seem smarter than nbc/fox. never heard of the iplayer. nbc on some dictatorship ? ? .
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited July 2012
    Options

good looking out. bbc seem smarter than nbc/fox. never heard of the iplayer. nbc on some dictatorship ? ? .

NBC have apparently been ? all through this Olympics - tape delaying and butchering the opening ceremony (not even showing the 7/7 tribute), no live coverage of the actual games, not being able to stream the games off their website unless you're a cable subscriber... people on Twitter have been fuming about it constantly. The BBC are killing it, something like 25 HD channels. From about 6am until the early morning the main channels are continuous Olympics. I almost feel bad for Americans.

As for the beach volleyball...

VolleyBall.jpg

Oh_b92dc4_1485851.jpg
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    @ figo

good thing about british news and MOST our news papers is their impartialness and freedom to be fair... they are quick to expose ANYONE weather its the royal family, mp's, anyone in any position of power lol unlike most national countries who dictate what the people hear, watch or find out...

i think you can watch iplayer online, not sure if its available outside of the uk or not though
  • bigev240
    Options
    @ figo

good thing about british news and MOST our news papers is their impartialness and freedom to be fair... they are quick to expose ANYONE weather its the royal family, mp's, anyone in any position of power lol unlike most national countries who dictate what the people hear, watch or find out...

i think you can watch iplayer online, not sure if its available outside of the uk or not though

I just tried it and it doesn't work over here...it sucks depending on NBC for their coverage.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    The iPlayer won't work for anyone outside the UK. From what I've learnt today from Twitter:
    1. Download Expat Shield - http://download.cnet.com/Expat-Shield/3000-2092_4-75211377.html
    2. Go watch the BBC's coverage - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    @ figo

I just tried it and it doesn't work over here...it sucks depending on NBC for their coverage.
    The iPlayer won't work for anyone outside the UK. From what I've learnt today from Twitter:
    1. Download Expat Shield - http://download.cnet.com/Expat-Shield/3000-2092_4-75211377.html
    2. Go watch the BBC's coverage - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video

thats annoying... usually us english dudes the one getting boyed off for not living in the usa lol i get that onloads of youtube or mtv videos
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    @ dontdie

LMAO at your pic
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @ figo

thats annoying... usually us english dudes the one getting boyed off for not living in the usa lol i get that onloads of youtube or mtv videos

Yeah, with things like MTV videos and certain Youtube clips we're usually told to ? off, but I don't think we've got it too bad in this country though to be honest. I'd take the BBC (no adverts) over Fox/NBC/ABC/etc., and even though the press is far from perfect (the whole News Corporation/phone tapping scandal) at least you can say we've got a wide range of news outlets in this country (certain agendas/partiality will always be there but at least you have a choice). In the US money and advertising rules so NBC, etc. will happily ? over its viewers and treat them like idiots for cash.

Seriously,how can a company spend a billion on the rights to the Olympics and not show it live? Just seems ? up.
  • bigev240
    Options
    @ figo

Yeah, with things like MTV videos and certain Youtube clips we're usually told to ? off, but I don't think we've got it too bad in this country though to be honest. I'd take the BBC (no adverts) over Fox/NBC/ABC/etc., and even though the press is far from perfect (the whole News Corporation/phone tapping scandal) at least you can say we've got a wide range of news outlets in this country (certain agendas/partiality will always be there but at least you have a choice). In the US money and advertising rules so NBC, etc. will happily ? over its viewers and treat them like idiots for cash.

Seriously,how can a company spend a billion on the rights to the Olympics and not show it live? Just seems ? up.

Man we got a couple more Olympics with NBC on the controls. Not cool at all.
This discussion has been closed.