The Official 2012-2013 European Football Thread.

Options

Comments

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol as if they will ever change anything about the club, fergies the only manager in complete control of his club...

and its because they sold 10% of us on the stock exchange, so they are using the 300million to pay of some of the debt i believe...

we are still the richest club in the world, aslong as we are still making the most money, competing for trophies and titles year in year out and attracting best players, glazers can suck a ? for all i care...

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol as if they will ever change anything about the club, fergies the only manager in complete control of his club...

and its because they sold 10% of us on the stock exchange, so they are using the 300million to pay of some of the debt i believe...

we are still the richest club in the world, aslong as we are still making the most money, competing for trophies and titles year in year out and attracting best players, glazers can suck a ? for all i care...

Yeah but what will they do when fergie leaves?

The glazers will be manure's downfall.,
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »

fergie will never leave, he will have a backroom role after he leaves
  • northside7
    Options

Does he have a plot at old trafford as well?
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Who you think will take his spot when he retires?
  • water ur seeds
    Options

Does he have a plot at old trafford as well?

hes got his own stand
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »

tough one man, jose, pep or harry i would say atm...
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Alot of peoples are talking about Moyes going there too. As an Everton fan I wouldn't want to see him leave but he deserves the chance.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    this Cazorla transfer needs to happen tmrw or i might need that famous arsenal mental strength

and damn sigurdsson might b a terrific signing for those ? ...great passer and can score some crackers

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He just scored a dope goal against NY Red Bulls....weird signing though...he and van Der vaart take up the same positions
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Bale wearing the no.9...he tried that free role thing last season and it just did not drop...he needs to realise that he's nit Ronaldo...hes only good on the left...
  • Gooner
    Options
    lol thats y i made the comment...i thought he was coming in as a VDV replacement tbh...were rumors of VDV going back to germany...good pickup anyway as VDV cant last 90 mins coz hes outta shape and lazy and he will pick up an injury at some point
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VDV will prob. still leave but I kinda feel it'll be @ the end of the window!!!
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Gooner

Do any arsenal fan even see we get getting sakho & if so where the hell does he fit in our defense!!!
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • water ur seeds
    Options

Alot of peoples are talking about Moyes going there too. As an Everton fan I wouldn't want to see him leave but he deserves the chance.

yeah hes done well with no money, with money who knows what he could achieve...
  • Gooner
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »
    @Gooner

Do any arsenal fan even see we get getting sakho & if so where the hell does he fit in our defense!!!

we are always linked w him coz we were interested a few yrs back but its not happening...we not in for cb at all but word is we might bring in a lb...i wudnt mind him tho...young w some upside and is out of favor at PSG...things cud change if Djourou leaves tho
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Whisper It But Arsenal's Squad Looks Good...
    We have written plenty about the new, exciting strength of Chelsea's squad but Arsenal's attacking options should be the envy of many - with or without RVP...

Poldi_2794439.jpg

"Bendtner, Squillaci and Park will be on their way to go somewhere."

There are many staples of an Arsene Wenger summer - the battle to keep hold of his captain, wistful talk of a Premier League without 'financial doping' and the heralding of a crocked star's return as 'just like a new signing'. What we don't expect is the Frenchman to be so open about his desire to sell three of his first-team squad members, with the obvious implication that not only will they be sold to the highest bidder but he will gladly hold open the door and possibly give them a hand with their bags.

Definitive squad counts are obviously flawed but the Gunners have a first-team squad of approximately 33 players (and that's not including the likes of 'up for borrow' Ignasi Miquel, Benik Afobe or Chuks Aneke) after the loan returns of Henri Lansbury and Ryo Miyaichi and the signings of Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski. That's a bigger squad than any other club in the Premier League. September's starting line-up against Manchester United featuring Armand Traore, Carl Jenkinson and Francis Coquelin now seems an awful long time ago.

"We have a couple of signings, more players who can score goals," said an excited Wojciech Szczesny (whose comments about Steve Bould's work with the Gunners defence should perhaps raise the biggest cheer). If Robin van Persie is still miraculously at Arsenal when the Premier League season begins in less than three weeks' time, he will be joined by Giroud, Podolski, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Gervinho, Miyaichi, Tomas Rosicky, Andrey Arshavin and Marouane Chamakh as attacking options, as well as Aaron Ramsey, Abou Diaby and Mikel Arteta who can all play further up the pitch. Add possible signing Santi Cazorla into the mix and this looks like a very different Arsenal squad than the one that started 2011/12.

Those who still complain about Arsenal's lack of ambition need only look at that list - comfortably among the Premier League's top four squads along with the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea. While just down the road, Tottenham have one senior striker in Jermain Defoe, Gooners should look at their own embarrassment of attacking riches with more than a little smugness.

The tabloids are making a fuss about Theo Walcott being the next 'contract rebel' out, but the fans could be forgiven for shrugging their shoulders and saying 'meh'. If everyone stays fit - and we appreciate that's a big 'if' - you wonder how many games Walcott will start next season.

Nick Miller wrote earlier this summer that Robin van Persie's probable exit should not be feared like the end of days by Arsenal fans - and that was before the purchase of a striker who scored 21 Ligue 1 goals last season - because of the Dutchman's injury record. I'd go further and say his exit should not be feared because Wenger has put together a squad that no longer over-relies on one, single pivot to function.

Bendtner, Squillaci and Park aside - and you can get the lot for 50p and a bunch of grapes - Arsenal's squad exudes a quiet quality as well as a rather hefty quantity. The bookies rightly have them as fourth favourites for the title, but should they really be more than twice the odds of Chelsea? Take a look at that squad again...

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/7952947/F365-Says
  • Gooner
    Options
    cazorla shud be in london tmrw for medical...huge signing...wow
  • northside7
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »

Man, post links.
  • Gooner
    Options
    lol...its all unofficial as of now...neither club has confirmed as of yet...but we got him
  • Gooner
    edited August 2012
    Options
    oh sky said he will b in for medical in nxt 48 hrs also so its no bs...he will become our record signing it seems

www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7954704/Cazorla-due-to-fly-in
  • northside7
    Options
    Whisper It But Arsenal's Squad Looks Good...
    We have written plenty about the new, exciting strength of Chelsea's squad but Arsenal's attacking options should be the envy of many - with or without RVP...

Poldi_2794439.jpg

"Bendtner, Squillaci and Park will be on their way to go somewhere."

There are many staples of an Arsene Wenger summer - the battle to keep hold of his captain, wistful talk of a Premier League without 'financial doping' and the heralding of a crocked star's return as 'just like a new signing'. What we don't expect is the Frenchman to be so open about his desire to sell three of his first-team squad members, with the obvious implication that not only will they be sold to the highest bidder but he will gladly hold open the door and possibly give them a hand with their bags.

Definitive squad counts are obviously flawed but the Gunners have a first-team squad of approximately 33 players (and that's not including the likes of 'up for borrow' Ignasi Miquel, Benik Afobe or Chuks Aneke) after the loan returns of Henri Lansbury and Ryo Miyaichi and the signings of Olivier Giroud and Lukas Podolski. That's a bigger squad than any other club in the Premier League. September's starting line-up against Manchester United featuring Armand Traore, Carl Jenkinson and Francis Coquelin now seems an awful long time ago.

"We have a couple of signings, more players who can score goals," said an excited Wojciech Szczesny (whose comments about Steve Bould's work with the Gunners defence should perhaps raise the biggest cheer). If Robin van Persie is still miraculously at Arsenal when the Premier League season begins in less than three weeks' time, he will be joined by Giroud, Podolski, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Gervinho, Miyaichi, Tomas Rosicky, Andrey Arshavin and Marouane Chamakh as attacking options, as well as Aaron Ramsey, Abou Diaby and Mikel Arteta who can all play further up the pitch. Add possible signing Santi Cazorla into the mix and this looks like a very different Arsenal squad than the one that started 2011/12.

Those who still complain about Arsenal's lack of ambition need only look at that list - comfortably among the Premier League's top four squads along with the two Manchester clubs and Chelsea. While just down the road, Tottenham have one senior striker in Jermain Defoe, Gooners should look at their own embarrassment of attacking riches with more than a little smugness.

The tabloids are making a fuss about Theo Walcott being the next 'contract rebel' out, but the fans could be forgiven for shrugging their shoulders and saying 'meh'. If everyone stays fit - and we appreciate that's a big 'if' - you wonder how many games Walcott will start next season.

Nick Miller wrote earlier this summer that Robin van Persie's probable exit should not be feared like the end of days by Arsenal fans - and that was before the purchase of a striker who scored 21 Ligue 1 goals last season - because of the Dutchman's injury record. I'd go further and say his exit should not be feared because Wenger has put together a squad that no longer over-relies on one, single pivot to function.

Bendtner, Squillaci and Park aside - and you can get the lot for 50p and a bunch of grapes - Arsenal's squad exudes a quiet quality as well as a rather hefty quantity. The bookies rightly have them as fourth favourites for the title, but should they really be more than twice the odds of Chelsea? Take a look at that squad again...

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/7952947/F365-Says

Good article.

? the hype, we dont need it. Just fly under the radar with no pressure.

• Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    Man, post links.
    12.32 BST Santi Cazorla could be moving closer to a transfer from troubled Malaga to Arsenal, reports say. The Spanish midfielder may arrive at the Emirates for a medical this week, and a transfer worth around £17 million has been mooted.
  • Gooner
    Options
This discussion has been closed.