The Official 2012-2013 European Football Thread.

Options

Comments

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    bigev240 wrote: »
    @ figo

good thing about british news and MOST our news papers is their impartialness and freedom to be fair... they are quick to expose ANYONE weather its the royal family, mp's, anyone in any position of power lol unlike most national countries who dictate what the people hear, watch or find out...

i think you can watch iplayer online, not sure if its available outside of the uk or not though

I just tried it and it doesn't work over here...it sucks depending on NBC for their coverage.
    The iPlayer won't work for anyone outside the UK. From what I've learnt today from Twitter:
    1. Download Expat Shield - http://download.cnet.com/Expat-Shield/3000-2092_4-75211377.html
    2. Go watch the BBC's coverage - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video

thats annoying... usually us english dudes the one getting boyed off for not living in the usa lol i get that onloads of youtube or mtv videos

Yeah, with things like MTV videos and certain Youtube clips we're usually told to ? off, but I don't think we've got it too bad in this country though to be honest. I'd take the BBC (no adverts) over Fox/NBC/ABC/etc., and even though the press is far from perfect (the whole News Corporation/phone tapping scandal) at least you can say we've got a wide range of news outlets in this country (certain agendas/partiality will always be there but at least you have a choice). In the US money and advertising rules so NBC, etc. will happily ? over its viewers and treat them like idiots for cash.

Seriously,how can a company spend a billion on the rights to the Olympics and not show it live? Just seems ? up.

Man we got a couple more Olympics with NBC on the controls. Not cool at all.

If I was American I would be ? off.

Team GB winning 2-1 against UAE
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    Now 3-1. Sturridge with a class chip.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
    TNkKI.jpg

SPORT TREND. ‏@sport_trend
    ARSENAL: For those asking: If Cazorla is not in Arsenal in the next 48hrs, we will not wait for M'vila, before we delete this account. #Real

• water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ figo

good thing about british news and MOST our news papers is their impartialness and freedom to be fair... they are quick to expose ANYONE weather its the royal family, mp's, anyone in any position of power lol unlike most national countries who dictate what the people hear, watch or find out...

i think you can watch iplayer online, not sure if its available outside of the uk or not though

I just tried it and it doesn't work over here...it sucks depending on NBC for their coverage.
    The iPlayer won't work for anyone outside the UK. From what I've learnt today from Twitter:
    1. Download Expat Shield - http://download.cnet.com/Expat-Shield/3000-2092_4-75211377.html
    2. Go watch the BBC's coverage - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/live-video

thats annoying... usually us english dudes the one getting boyed off for not living in the usa lol i get that onloads of youtube or mtv videos

Yeah, with things like MTV videos and certain Youtube clips we're usually told to ? off, but I don't think we've got it too bad in this country though to be honest. I'd take the BBC (no adverts) over Fox/NBC/ABC/etc., and even though the press is far from perfect (the whole News Corporation/phone tapping scandal) at least you can say we've got a wide range of news outlets in this country (certain agendas/partiality will always be there but at least you have a choice). In the US money and advertising rules so NBC, etc. will happily ? over its viewers and treat them like idiots for cash.

Seriously,how can a company spend a billion on the rights to the Olympics and not show it live? Just seems ? up.

lol thats mad, didnt know they spent that much, what wankers... they are only interested in stuff that happens inside the states really lol

yeah with regards to news, atleast they tap phones to find out the truth/scandal lol thats the perks we have to not having our papers and news owned by the government (i believe)...

• dontdiedontkillanyon
    Options
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ figo

lol thats mad, didnt know they spent that much, what wankers... they are only interested in stuff that happens inside the states really lol

yeah with regards to news, atleast they tap phones to find out the truth/scandal lol thats the perks we have to not having our papers and news owned by the government (i believe)...

For the news, you get more info from the BBC about the US than what we get from our own stations. But its just control on what they want us to know.
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    @ figo

For the news, you get more info from the BBC about the US than what we get from our own stations. But its just control on what they want us to know.

yeah thats some madness man... the world be fckd without computers, least you can get your info from there... unless your in asia, they even sanction the internet!
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TNkKI.jpg

SPORT TREND. ‏@sport_trend
    ARSENAL: For those asking: If Cazorla is not in Arsenal in the next 48hrs, we will not wait for M'vila, before we delete this account. #Real

Goat..
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wats holding up Sahin deal is we want option to buy they dnt... Neymar needs to move to Europe huge talent .... Oscar looks a great player really good signing by Chelsea
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    Wats holding up Sahin deal is we want option to buy they dnt... Neymar needs to move to Europe huge talent .... Oscar looks a great player really good signing by Chelsea

we need to complete the cipher wid victor moses...

• water ur seeds
    Options
    the brazilian beach volleyball chicks are beefing with each other, hope they wrestle with each other to settle their differences lol
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    John Terry found Not Guilty in Court. Now charged by the FA over the same incident.

Rio Ferdinand charged over 'çhoc-ice' tweet:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2181106/Rio-Ferdinand-charged-choc-ice-tweet.html
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carroll to West Ham on loan?

• water ur seeds
    Options
    United sign seven-year shirt deal

Chevrolet will be the new name on Manchester United's shirts from the 2014-15 season.

Chevrolet, the club's official car partner, will become only the fifth shirt sponsor in the club's 134-year history from the 2014-2015 season, in a seven-year agreement that has been signed for an undisclosed amount.

United's commercial director, Richard Arnold, told the club's official website, www.manutd.com: "This is a fantastic, long-term deal for the club. We have been partners with Chevrolet for only six weeks, but already they have produced some fantastic ideas that will benefit both the partnership and our 659 million followers around the world."

Arnold added: "They are a key partner on our current tour and I know they have enjoyed experiencing the buzz generated by our fanatical support and the sell-out crowds in South Africa, China, and Europe.

"It is a great thrill for those of us who work with partners all year round when an existing partner steps up to being one of our principal partners. This commitment to United and its fans will bring real benefits to everyone who cares about the club."

Chevrolet will replace Aon, whose partnership with United began in the 2010/11 season.

Alan Batey, General Motors' North America vice-president, US sales and service, said: "We are extremely proud to connect our brand, Chevrolet, with Manchester United and its passionate supporters all around the world.

"Manchester United's statistics are impressive, but this relationship goes far beyond the numbers - this relationship is about connecting our brand with the deep-seated emotion that surrounds the team everywhere it goes.

"When you consider the core values of Chevrolet, our passionate customers around the world, and our rich 100-year history, the partnership with Manchester United is a perfect fit.

"And, to be only the fifth name on the iconic red jersey is a genuine honour. We very much look forward to the road ahead and the opportunities we have in partnering with such a legendary club."

bit of a joke we just got new kit, now next year we gonna have another new one...
  • Gooner
    Options
    yea carroll to west ham w option to buy at 17 mill if they stay up...lol pool already selling for half off
  • Figo
    Figo Members Posts: 8,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    nbc got some weird looking dude that don't no ? about sports broadcasting. the fool like weird yo. i can't even look at the frigging tv.
  • Figo
    Options
    kinda unfair.

Chevrolet will be the new name on Manchester United's shirts from the 2014-15 season.

Chevrolet, the club's official car partner, will become only the fifth shirt sponsor in the club's 134-year history from the 2014-2015 season, in a seven-year agreement that has been signed for an undisclosed amount.

United's commercial director, Richard Arnold, told the club's official website, www.manutd.com: "This is a fantastic, long-term deal for the club. We have been partners with Chevrolet for only six weeks, but already they have produced some fantastic ideas that will benefit both the partnership and our 659 million followers around the world."

Arnold added: "They are a key partner on our current tour and I know they have enjoyed experiencing the buzz generated by our fanatical support and the sell-out crowds in South Africa, China, and Europe.

"It is a great thrill for those of us who work with partners all year round when an existing partner steps up to being one of our principal partners. This commitment to United and its fans will bring real benefits to everyone who cares about the club."

Chevrolet will replace Aon, whose partnership with United began in the 2010/11 season.

Alan Batey, General Motors' North America vice-president, US sales and service, said: "We are extremely proud to connect our brand, Chevrolet, with Manchester United and its passionate supporters all around the world.

"Manchester United's statistics are impressive, but this relationship goes far beyond the numbers - this relationship is about connecting our brand with the deep-seated emotion that surrounds the team everywhere it goes.

"When you consider the core values of Chevrolet, our passionate customers around the world, and our rich 100-year history, the partnership with Manchester United is a perfect fit.

"And, to be only the fifth name on the iconic red jersey is a genuine honour. We very much look forward to the road ahead and the opportunities we have in partnering with such a legendary club."

bit of a joke we just got new kit, now next year we gonna have another new one...

Chevrolet though?? they trying to Americanize Manchester united. the owners
  • water ur seeds
    Options
    Figo wrote: »
    kinda unfair.

Chevrolet though?? they trying to Americanize Manchester united.

hope not [-(
  • northside7
    Options
    kinda unfair.

Chevrolet though?? they trying to Americanize Manchester united. the owners
    kinda unfair.

Chevrolet though?? they trying to Americanize Manchester united.

hope not [-(

^^^hahahahahahahaha

American owners, American sponsors, soon there will be a red, white and blue kit.
  • Gooner
    Options
    what hav the glazers done now? united fans ? on twitter
  • Gooner
    Options
    LMAO Gangsta Glazers

Glazers’ massive u-turn on MUFC IPO as they claw off more than half of proceeds for themselves

The Glazers have tonight revealed a massive u-turn in their IPO proposals. In the original filing it was made absolutely clear that ALL of the proceeds of the IPO would go to paying down debt the Glazers have loaded onto Manchester United.

A revised filing tonight http://1.usa.gov/NExsII reveals they now plan to take HALF OF THE IPO PROCEEDS FOR THEMSELVES.

Furthermore the amount raised to pay down debt will be relatively insignificant (£75m) leaving £350m of their debt still on our club.

A spokesman for the Manchester United Supporters Trust said "Supporters are going to be very angry about this. The Glazers have already cost United more than £550m in debt related fees and now another slap in the face as they help themselves to half of the proposed IPO proceeds. Each of the 6 lineal descendants of Malcolm Glazer will claw out $25 million for themselves."

"Clearly this has nothing to do with benefits for Manchester United and is all about giving the Glazers quick access to desperately needed cash at the expense of our football club. What is the sudden reason for this desperation for cash now?"

"There is now no doubt that this IPO is bad for Manchester United supporters, Manchester United Football Club and any investors gullible enough to pay the inflated price they've attached to inferior shares which have just 1/10 of the voting rights of the Glazers shares and no dividends. Their bare faced cheek is almost unbelievable."

"We call on all the real fans of Manchester United around the world to join MUST in opposition to this IPO and we're asking supporters to register through our website here http://bit.ly/NEyAMw if they wish to take action."

We will follow up with further comments and analysis tomorrow. Contact details at the foot of this message

ENDS

MUST - The Manchester United Supporters' Trust
    Our aim is to provide Manchester United fans with the opportunity for mass supporter participation in ownership of their club. This could well be the precursor to such an opportunity and we’d urge every Manchester United supporter who cares about the club to register with the Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) through our website. We will provide information to supporters as soon as it is available.

We’d like to see at least a million Manchester United supporters sharing in ownership of their club and it is our role as the official supporters trust to try to make that possible. Supporters can register for free through www.joinmust.org for information.
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gooner wrote: »
    LMAO Gangsta Glazers

Glazers’ massive u-turn on MUFC IPO as they claw off more than half of proceeds for themselves

The Glazers have tonight revealed a massive u-turn in their IPO proposals. In the original filing it was made absolutely clear that ALL of the proceeds of the IPO would go to paying down debt the Glazers have loaded onto Manchester United.

A revised filing tonight http://1.usa.gov/NExsII reveals they now plan to take HALF OF THE IPO PROCEEDS FOR THEMSELVES.

Furthermore the amount raised to pay down debt will be relatively insignificant (£75m) leaving £350m of their debt still on our club.

A spokesman for the Manchester United Supporters Trust said "Supporters are going to be very angry about this. The Glazers have already cost United more than £550m in debt related fees and now another slap in the face as they help themselves to half of the proposed IPO proceeds. Each of the 6 lineal descendants of Malcolm Glazer will claw out $25 million for themselves."

"Clearly this has nothing to do with benefits for Manchester United and is all about giving the Glazers quick access to desperately needed cash at the expense of our football club. What is the sudden reason for this desperation for cash now?"

"There is now no doubt that this IPO is bad for Manchester United supporters, Manchester United Football Club and any investors gullible enough to pay the inflated price they've attached to inferior shares which have just 1/10 of the voting rights of the Glazers shares and no dividends. Their bare faced cheek is almost unbelievable."

"We call on all the real fans of Manchester United around the world to join MUST in opposition to this IPO and we're asking supporters to register through our website here http://bit.ly/NEyAMw if they wish to take action."

We will follow up with further comments and analysis tomorrow. Contact details at the foot of this message

ENDS

MUST - The Manchester United Supporters' Trust
    Our aim is to provide Manchester United fans with the opportunity for mass supporter participation in ownership of their club. This could well be the precursor to such an opportunity and we’d urge every Manchester United supporter who cares about the club to register with the Manchester United Supporters Trust (MUST) through our website. We will provide information to supporters as soon as it is available.

We’d like to see at least a million Manchester United supporters sharing in ownership of their club and it is our role as the official supporters trust to try to make that possible. Supporters can register for free through www.joinmust.org for information.

Damn, the Glazers is saying ? the club, we going for self.
  • Figo
    Options
    Glazers gives little ? about manchester united.
    all about that dough. united will be in debt for decades with the glazers in control
  • northside7
    Options
    Glazers gives little ? about manchester united.
    all about that dough. united will be in debt for decades with the glazers in control

beverly-hills-cop-3-kid-laugh_o_GIFSoupcom.gif
This discussion has been closed.