15 Insane Theories About Movies And Television That Will Blow Your Mind

Options

Comments

• ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Then some quick shots of Rinoa appear. These are as blurred as the Rinoa from the ballroom scene, but these images of Rinoa come from the scene where Edea makes her speech before the parade. Rinoa, who appears to be under Edea’s spell, follows the Sorceress out see the screaming crowd.
    endshot4.jpg
    We see some shots of Rinoa floating in space, and then we’re back in the ballroom looking for Rinoa. Then there is another assortment of shots from throughout the first disc of the game. First we see the mechanical spider monster from the final exam in Balamb followed by a shot of each of the party members but Squall (Quistis, Zell, Rinoa, Selphie, and Irvine, in that order). The images of Quistis, Zell, and Selphie are from the final exam in Balamb, and the shot of Irvine is from his introductory fmv clip. This is the shot of Rinoa:
    endshot5.jpg
    This frame was taken directly from the scene in which Squall was killed. Rinoa is turning to Squall, who has just been impaled.

We see some shots of the Balamb communications tower, the Ragnarok, and there’s a clip of Rinoa, still blurred, with her hair in the wind. A shot of Seifer pushing Rinoa into Adel goes by, then we see more of the Balamb tower, and a clip of Rinoa reaching to Squall from the parade float.
    endshot6.jpg
    There’s an explosion, and we see the arch from Deling City under which Squall died. The camera takes us through the arch and we’re back in the ballroom for more blurred face action. There are a lot of images in this section, including Edea from the parade float, Ultimecia, Rinoa in space, the eyes from all the cast members fading into each other, and probably a lot more than that. There’s also a frame from the last moment in disc one, the image of Squall’s eye as he falls from the parade float.
    endshot7.jpg
    At this point in the movie, and for the last few minutes as well, Squall’s life has literally been flashing before his eyes. I feel that there is a particular focus on the two main events of disc one: the final exam at Balamb and the encounter with Edea on the parade float. But of course the ballroom scene, which was of particular importance to Squall, is by far the most covered event in the first half of the ending fmv. However, as I’ve been mentioning throughout this section, there are also snippets of images from the latter half of the game, particularly Rinoa in space.

At the very end of this part of the ending movie, we see Rinoa coming towards the camera, arms open for embrace. As before, the closer she gets, the more obscured she becomes. Then we see our first shot of Squall.
    endshot8.jpg
    This shot keeps me up at night. Seriously.

So far, the best analysis I have this for this screenshot is that Squall feels empty, that he losing his sense of self and everything that comes with it. He’s having trouble visualizing his memories, or even remembering reality from fiction. Think back to what Ultimecia said, at the end of the last battle. “"Reflect on your... Childhood… Your sensation... Your words... Your emotions... Time... It will not wait... No matter... ...how hard you hold on. It escapes you..."” His life is fading from him. You can’t hold on forever.

Or they just wanted to give me nightmares.
    endshot9.jpg
  • ocelot
    Options
    There is one last shot of Rinoa, floating in space. The glass on her space helmet cracks and sends large pointed shards towards the camera. There is a sound, like someone being struck by a sword. We cut to Squall, eyes wide, a tear escaping him. He throws back his head and is consumed by white.

Here's a video of the ending up to this point:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jneC6nJJA1A&feature=player_embedded
    And now, finally, Squall is dead. We see a white feather fall to the ground, and the screen fades to black. The last ten minutes of the FFVIII ending movie are, in the simplest terms, of “heaven”, or some equivalent thereof.

That horrible ‘Eyes on Me’ song boots up, and we see Rinoa wandering around. She finds Squall, and holds him, apparently thinking he’s dead. The clouds whirl open so the sun can shine through, pink flower petals swirl in the wind across a gorgeous green grassy plain, and Rinoa looks back to Squall with a look of amazement. Those pink petals turn to white feathers on the wind, and the movie cuts to Balamb.

At the Balamb port we see Seifer, Fujin and Raijin fishing in the same gorgeous sunny weather that Squall and Rinoa were experiencing. Fujin kicks Raijin into the bright blue water, and Seifer cracks up laughing like a schoolboy. Seifer, who I thought we had finally defeated for the last time, looks up and smiles as Balamb Garden sails by overhead.

endshot11.jpg
    The movie cuts to Laguna, who’s standing out at Raine’s grave. We get to see Laguna propose to Raine in the past, and they embrace. Laguna in the present sees Ellone coming back to see him, and they look up as the Balamb Garden goes over them as well.

During the credits they show a home video-type clip where all the characters get to act like complete retards. All the party members are there celebrating but Squall and Rinoa, and even Cid and Edea are in attendance. Irvine dances like a goon, Selphie bounces around like an airhead, and Zell stuffs his face with hotdogs. Yay.

After the final credits we get to see the stuff that makes the fangirls go wild. Rinoa stands out on the Garden’s balcony with Squall under a starry night sky. She raises her finger, just as Squall remembers, and Squall smiles back at her.
    endshot12.jpg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7e3T2SRBRw&feature=player_embedded

One last thing

If this was really how the game was meant to be interpreted, why did they make the “dream” so subtle? I can think of fifty ways to make it more apparent to the audience that the events taking place after disc one are not real. So, if the creators meant for Squall to die, they also meant for his death to be obscured and subtle. We view the dream as if we are the dreamers, and even though sometimes events take place that could never, ever happen in the “real” world, we do not become aware that it is a dream.

A similar plot can be seen in the film Vanilla Sky (just fyi, if you haven’t seen it, don’t read on; spoilers etc) in which Tom Cruise plays a character who chooses to have himself put to sleep. At a certain point in the movie, he begins dreaming, and the entire remainder of the film is a fabrication of his mind. At first there is little indication that anything is amiss. The plot continues as though nothing is different, except of course that everything starts to go his way.

After a while, though, things start to get a little crazy, and he ends up awaiting the death penalty for beating his girlfriend to death during sex while experiencing what appeared to be a delusion. And all the while the audience watches on in confusion, as unaware as the character that this is all just a dream. Now, the problem I had with Vanilla Sky was that they couldn’t just leave it alone. I think it would have been a really cool movie if they had left it up to us to discern what had really happened. Instead we, the audience, received a full exposition dump in the final moments of the film as a character carefully explains to the protagonist, and the audience, that the whole movie was really just a dream.

Maybe the only real difference between Final Fantasy VIII and Vanilla Sky is: they just never told us what really happened. In Final Fantasy VIII, they let us live in the dream as Squall did and we never know the difference.

Conclusion

The truth is, I don’t think there is a substantial amount of evidence to conclude whether or not the writers intended for the audience to interpret the game in this fashion. I choose to believe that this is how the game was intended to be understood because, to me, the game makes no sense otherwise. Everything that happens to the characters after the first disc is ridiculous. The ending is like recapping the game on acid. There has to be something more to the story than a simple ‘Hero Takes All’ plot.

Sometimes, while writing this article, I really felt that this is the real story of Final Fantasy VIII. But sometimes it all just sounds like poppycock to me. In any case, I think Squall's Dead is an interesting theory, worth considering at least, and I hope you think so too.

Thanks for reading, & let us know what you think in the comments below!
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    do they got one for the cosby show?
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That damn rugrats theory....smh
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://youtu.be/4XcozYg1BNw

have any of you seen this spongebob episode
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ heard about that
    where the dead kid pics to go with it
  • r.prince18
    r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Hacker wrote: »
    ^^ heard about that
    where the dead kid pics to go with it

don't know
  • Trollio
    Options
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye, Ion like that Rugrats ? . Got a ? lookin over his shoulder and ? .
  • ocelot
    Options
    Thats how you know Rugrats a classic... has ? all across America feeling some type of way over the theory...lol
  • ocelot
    Options
    @Ocelot...i aint reading all that FF ? ...lol...but yea...(saved by the bell) tori was the chick that always wore that leather jacket..

Its the greatest game of all tim tho...lol
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's up with that SpongeBob clip?
  • Trollio
    Options
    my recess theory

in the real world, those 6 kids would not be buddy buddy

vince- was a ? and can make friends anywhere
    gretchen- was a geek and belong in the nerd clubs
    mikey- was a artsy dude..he would have friends
    spinelli- was a bulldike bully
    gus- was king,gustler kid, stood up to gellman..he would fit in n be ok
    tj- was a fat scheming loser and stupid
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    reaperbong wrote: »
    this one is my favorite cracked theory as it explains the unexplained connection between Saved by the Bell and Good Morning Miss Bliss

Why 'Saved by the Bell' is All a Dream: A Conspiracy Theory
    136228.jpg?v=2
    Everybody knows about Saved by the Bell. Even if you weren't alive to experience the magic firsthand, you've undoubtedly heard tales of one of the greatest Saturday morning programs of all time from those who were lucky enough to be there.

What you might not know is that before he was on Saved by the Bell, Zack Morris, the hero of the show, was on a somewhat similar show called Good Morning, Miss Bliss (as were Screech, Lisa and Mr. Belding).
    136227.jpg?v=1
    While the shows had some similarities (characters), the differences (mind-bending) are glaring and lead to a startling truth:

Good Morning, Miss Bliss
    Zack attends middle school in a boring Indiana suburb. He's a minor troublemaker whose plans are always stopped by the intelligent Miss Bliss. Zack's had to deal with being embarrassed in front of classmates, and has had problems with girls. His friends, Mikey and Nikki, won't hesitate to put him in his place. Zack is a child of divorce, and has a brother.

Saved by the Bell
    Zack goes to Bayside High in sunny California, where he is everyone's favorite everything. He's the most popular kid in school, and excels in everything: sports, music, casual racism, whatever. He's free to plot and scheme since the only authority is Mr. Belding, who has the IQ of ham (not the good kind, the ? one that comes from a tin). Zack is the alpha in his circle of friends. Mikey and Nikki are not even mentioned as people that exist. Slater, initially Zack's rival, becomes his lackey. Screech, already his lackey, builds a capable and sentient robot buddy.

136229.jpg?v=1
    And probably talked mad ? about it in a tell-all book years later.

Jessie loves him like a brother. Kelly loves him like someone she would have sex with. Kelly disappears without mention and is replaced by Tori, who eventually disappears without mention. Zack and his friends do everything (write songs) and go everywhere (Hawaii) together. Zack's parents are happily married, and as an only child he receives a lot of attention. Mr. Belding wants nothing more than to be his friend. Zack does terribly in school but manages to get an SAT score of 1502, a score that is literally not possible. Oh, he also has the greatest superpower of all time.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iO2SirSH7Rg

The Truth: Saved by the Bell Never Happened
    It's nothing more than the escapist fantasy of a disillusioned young man named Zack Morris. Oddities or failures (Tori, Kelly dumping him) are simply signs of his subconscious trying to break through. Any problems he has in real life disappear when he's in his dream world. The show even tells us, once every episode, what Zack's real life is actually like in the theme song. The lyrics tell the tale of a day in the life of a high school student, stumbling through an unpleasant world of consequence. He starts in a panic:

By the time I grab my books, and I give myself a look, I'm at the corner just in time to see the bus fly by ...

And then later:

If the teacher pops a test, I know I'm in a mess, and my dog ate all my homework last night.

Riding low in my chair, she won't know that I'm there.

As a summary of the show, the theme song makes no sense. Zack has never had a bad day at Bayside in his life. He's never in a mess. Everything bounces off of him. If he's unprepared for a test, he doesn't ride low in his chair like some depressed teenager; he gets the teacher to turn the test into a bake-off, and then wins the bake-off by cheating.

It only starts to make sense when you look at the structure. The song begins with a bell taking the narrator out of his dream world:

When I wake up in the morning, and the 'larm gives out a warnin' ...

The middle of the song takes us through the narrator's miserably realistic life at school. But then at the end of the song, right before the show about Bayside starts, he gets saved by the school bell, which frees him to go home, to a world where ...

... tomorrow it'll be all right. It's alright 'cause I'm saved by the bell.

Thus, the song ends with Zack being released from the harsh realities of life by escaping to the one place where everything is all right for him. A place that exists in the border between today and tomorrow: the night time, when you sleep.

Each Saved by the Bell episode begins with a theme song that tells us what is literally happening in the real world in the time between episodes. Zack is riding low in his chair, not liking how he looks in the mirror and generally eating ? like any other high school student. Then the song's chorus (and the title of the show) releases him to the fantasy world that both he and the show's audience like so much better than real school: the infinite dream world of Bayside High. That dream world constitutes every episodes of Saved by the Bell, and it only exists in the mind of some awkward, pimply faced version of Zack Morris who can't catch a break.

Read more: Why 'Saved by the Bell' is All a Dream: A Conspiracy Theory | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/why-saved-by-bell-all-dream-conspiracy-theory/#ixzz22ZQISuQm

Kelly went to Paris for the modeling shoot...remember that episode...not sure what happened in real life with the actress, but thats where she went on the show...she didnt just disappear...Tori came in and filled that void...now the trip part is, no one ever explained what happened to Tori...she is the one that just disappeared...

as far as the parts of the shows theme song...those lyrics help support "Cause im saved by the bell"...nothing more or less...when you were in school and the teacher was about to say something, the bell rings..they are either gonna give out the assignment anyway, or just wait until the next day...so in theory, if a student (not necessairly zack) is trying to keep a low profile, he is hoping the bell hurry up and rings so he can be saved by it ultimately helping him to survive class that day...

this one is a

man-reaching-upwards.jpg

Tori came during their senior year. Kelly went off to paris in their sophomore year.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yo @Ocelot...did you cover Eyes Wide Shut yet? I heard it's a direct metaphor to secret societies and is the reason why Stanley Kubrick "met an untimely death" because of it. (His 2001: Space Odyssey is an homage to secret societies I also read)

Interesting, the audience expected softcore sex of nicole and tom doing orgies but eyes were wide shut about the true message it was conveying.
  • Britt_J
    Britt_J Members Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I shouldn't have clicked that spongebob ? .

I also shouldn't have googled it..I'm going to be looking over my shoulders for the next few days.
  • ocelot
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Yo @Ocelot...did you cover Eyes Wide Shut yet? I heard it's a direct metaphor to secret societies and is the reason why Stanley Kubrick "met an untimely death" because of it. (His 2001: Space Odyssey is an homage to secret societies I also read)

Interesting, the audience expected softcore sex of nicole and tom doing orgies but eyes were wide shut about the true message it was conveying.

Nah I never heard of that theory... I'm about to look it up...

200px-The_Patakis_Title_Art_by_CTW36.jpgThe Patakis was a planned spin-off series based on Hey Arnold!. Intended to be aired on Nick at Nite, the show focused on the life of Helga Pataki in her teenage years, her family, and classmates.

Nickelodeon ordered a script more structured like The Simpsons: three acts, half hour. If they liked the script, they would order an episode or a series.

Craig Bartlett wrote a pilot script with Michelle Lamoreaux in 2000. However, it turned out to be "too dark" for Nickelodeon's intended audience.

The series was also offered to music channel MTV. This was during the time when the channel began to air animated shows like Beavis and Butt-head, as opposed to full length music videos. However, the channel declined it, as it was too similar to another show called Daria, which didn't do too well in the ratings and was eventually removed from the schedule.[1]

Some information about The Patakis leaked through Craig Bartlett's chats and interviews. Most of the kids from Hey Arnold! are in The Patakis as well, except for Arnold, who has moved away, thus making Helga the star of the series.

Got other Hey Arnold theories from another site...

http://tinyurl.com/9rfanz3

Mr. Simmons= ?
    13:00-13:15
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QubNSDxHE2s&feature=player_embedded

Helgas Mom= Depress Alcoholic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ybmu7_Gz4

Chocolate Boy= Dope Fiend
    tumblr_m46ypvVKQh1qlem7zo1_500.png

Stoop Kid= Orphan that got left on the Stoop
    FACT+_51f9872f3642bcd0979d033db269ec70.jpg

Curley= Psychopath
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-ojlNM4ygs&feature=related

Eugene takes anti-depressants to stay happy because he knows his life is ? up.
    tumblr_ln2jqd6yQ91qcj794.gif

And Arnolds last name is Shortman... His grandpa always call him that for a reason...
  • ocelot
    Options
    Britt_J wrote: »
    I shouldn't have clicked that spongebob ? .

I also shouldn't have googled it..I'm going to be looking over my shoulders for the next few days.

I didnt click... what happend?
  • Britt_J
    Options
    @ocelot The video is creepy by itself, but I googled it to find out what i just watched and pretty much some guy was trying to troll nickelodeon and get this video to be the new season premier for spongebob.

The video supposedly cuts away showing two kids murdered in a gruesome mannor. I didn't see it but you have to slow it down frame by frame to see it they say.

I'm on my mobile, so I'm not sure if I can post the article.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol/lmao/smmfh...not @ the theories themselves b/c they're obviously bullshyt, made in jest...for humor...

Yet some of yall believe it...wow
  • Britt_J
    Options
    @s2jepeka I think this stuff is funny..and creepy at the same time. It's interesting reading different spins on things, to me at least.
  • ocelot
    Options
    This thread started off with crazy theories but now we are posting some quality stuff... I'll be back with the Eyes Wide Shut/ Vanilla Sky theory
  • Britt_J
    Options
    @ocelot I read the meaning behind eyes wide shut on vigilant citizen...helped me understand the movie better
  • ocelot
    Options
    @Britt
    Post it for me if you can...
This discussion has been closed.