The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Options

Comments

• buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P Swayze is right. We need to have Nash run a more uptempo offense with the second unit and Dwight while Kobe is out of the game. We can't completely abandon our half court offense that we've been running for 13 years. We're not gonna be the Clippers or the Heat. We gotta mix it up. And when Nash is in the half court we need more pick and rolls, high-low action, etc..

I don't know what to say about the defense. There's no excuse for giving up that many points with 3 first team defensive players on the court.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    P Swayze is right. We need to have Nash run a more uptempo offense with the second unit and Dwight while Kobe is out of the game. We can't completely abandon our half court offense that we've been running for 13 years. We're not gonna be the Clippers or the Heat. We gotta mix it up. And when Nash is in the half court we need more pick and rolls, high-low action, etc..

I don't know what to say about the defense. There's no excuse for giving up that many points with 3 first team defensive players on the court.

Everything you saying is correct you just forgot one important fact,Lakers old as ? they ain't running up and down no courts.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ball needs to be in Nash hands everytime coming up the court. He needs to be controlling this offense. ? that wack ass Princeton ? .
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    The ball needs to be in Nash hands everytime coming up the court. He needs to be controlling this offense. ? that wack ass Princeton ? .

That Princeton ? win championships? The ? can gameplan or scheme is that?
  • northside7
    Options
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If the lakers aren't going to play the way I thought they would, I'm disowning all my preseason predictions for them...

Hoyt voice from training day: I didn't sign up for this.

Their offense needs to be: 50% Nash run offense like he did in phoenix, 30% dwight do what he did in orlando, 15% Kobe iso and 5% whatever else...

I understand Nash didn't play but still.. they suck
  • northside7
    edited November 2012
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    dylanconfuseju2.gif

Only 2 attempts in the 2nd half.
  • northside7
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »
    If the lakers aren't going to play the way I thought they would, I'm disowning all my preseason predictions for them...

Hoyt voice from training day: I didn't sign up for this.

Their offense needs to be: 50% Nash run offense like he did in phoenix, 30% dwight do what he did in orlando, 15% Kobe iso and 5% whatever else...

I understand Nash didn't play but still.. they suck

? predictions. Games have to be played first. Like I said in August, staying health is very important for this team to succeed.

Outside of Kobe, Gasol, and MWP, the starting 5 have never played together before. No excuses tho. They should definitely be playing better than how they are right now. Mike Brown cant coach for ? . It's still fire Mike Brown no matter what.

But I'm interested to see what type of production we get from guys like Darius Morris, Jodie Meeks and Earl Clark.
  • northside7
    Options
    This Princeton offense is killing them on defense...they just don't get back in time for whatever reason.

If that ? aint working, they gotta stop runnin that ? .
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How in the world did ron artest ever manage to average 20 ppg?
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think Kobe was the one that suggested the princeton offense in the first place.

I hope u kiddin
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    This Princeton offense is killing them on defense...they just don't get back in time for whatever reason.

If that ? aint working, they gotta stop runnin that ? .

Thats what i dont understand....they should scrap it now...put in new offensive sets...but unfortunately, they dont have an offensive coach for that ?
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    ATTS wrote: »
    I think Kobe was the one that suggested the princeton offense in the first place.

I hope u kiddin

nope also the lakers should think about playing Zone defense probably 3-2 because they can not guard anybody on the perimeter . Their offense has been decent . They have been free throws and turning the ball over a lot . If they fix those things . They will actually do something.
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No need to panic yet...Sure we are 0-3 and it looks bad but we all know damn well this team is not in game shape, once everyone is healthy and has a few games under their belt we will be okay. This Princeton offense is a pain to watch though

• killap
    Options
    and no Kobe is not the one who insisted on the Princeton set he has been lobbying for the triangle that is why you do see some implementation of the triangle in their which looks awful imo.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looking good out here early..it is the Pistons though.
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? ridiculous
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CHAMPIONSHIP TIME!

Just kidding. It's the Pistons. Looks like we're finally playing some defense.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That Princeton offense needs to go. Glad they finally got the first win though I missed it tonight.
  • killap
    Options
    A win is a win
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How in the world did ron artest ever manage to average 20 ppg?

? look like he be playing in snow shoes.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So from what Im seeing our core team is good but once again out bench aint ? .

Maybe we should draft some decent bench players next season. Or before the trade deadline.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    So from what Im seeing our core team is good but once again out bench aint ? .

Maybe we should draft some decent bench players next season. Or before the trade deadline.

bench is ? terrible.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bench shouldnt even be a real bench u should have 2 starters at all time.....nash and dwight for bench squad, pau and kobe to finish first qtr...second half same thing....then all bench after building a nice lead thru 3 qtrs for beginning of 4th then at 7 or 6 min mark bring in starters and put dagger in the coffin.
This discussion has been closed.