The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Options

Comments

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bench shouldnt even be a real bench u should have 2 starters at all time.....nash and dwight for bench squad, pau and kobe to finish first qtr...second half same thing....then all bench after building a nice lead thru 3 qtrs for beginning of 4th then at 7 or 6 min mark bring in starters and put dagger in the coffin.

C/S. There's no reason for those guys to be on the bench at the same time, unless it's a blowout...
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yup, instead of having 1 team of 4 all stars, have 2 teams of 2 all stars.....hit them in waves, nash 7 second stuff with right personnel (dwight jamison meeks hill/ebanks) and then the kobe gasol triangle like offense that won them 2 ships. Teams will have to adjust to lakers lineups and styles all game.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers should start winning more games their upcoming schedule is very favorable
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    utah is the perfect team for lakers to destroy....they aint running......but we will see, as long as mike brown doesnt have kobe playing 40 ? minutes smh
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    utah is the perfect team for lakers to destroy....they aint running......but we will see, as long as mike brown doesnt have kobe playing 40 ? minutes smh

seems like u was sleepin on da Jazz they've got talent nd a good coach
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers need to let that Princeton ? go, that offense is not working and Mike Brown is losing this team.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

Dexter Fishmore ‏@dexterfishmore

94 possessions apiece tonight. Offensive efficiencies: Lakers - 91.5, Jazz - 101.1
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lol utah had 15 fastbreak points and the lakers had 7 fastbreak points
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers are being the Spurs right now... they're having a ? regular season but when the playoffs arrive, we'll have 16 W's.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    How much will it take for Jim Buss to fire Mike Brown?
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    How much will it take for Jim Buss to fire Mike Brown?

Man, i am not one to call for the coaches head early, but i am starting to get frustrated too. That being said, still early days. I will still preach patience.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Bruh I wanted Brown fired as coach since the first day he got the job in 2011. Never should have happened. He clearly wasn't a good coach in Cleveland.

It's better to get this ? over with now. I want Sloan.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Bruh I wanted Brown fired as coach since the first day he got the job in 2011. Never should have happened. He clearly wasn't a good coach in Cleveland.

It's better to get this ? over with now. I want Sloan.

LOL, true true, most Laker fans never understood the hire in the first place.

Sloan, now that would be interesting. But lets not try to get ahead of ourselves. For Mike Brown to get fired, ? would have to get really really bad, and we really don't want that.
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Buss lyin....

Brown needs to go asap
  • Jdub87
    Jdub87 Members Posts: 497
    Options
    Where only 5 games in relax
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jdub87 wrote: »
    Where only 5 games in relax

nawl they've (the organization) done too much relaxing. Mike aint gettin the most outta his players Jamison goes from scoring 17 a game to non existant in 4 months? Jodie Meek goes from second leading scorer on the sixers to cant even get a run? Mike gettin out coached by Ty Corbin? nawl they need to get Sloan now while he's interested in the job and Phil's (only guy he's ever been out coached by) still retired. If it wasn't for the Zen master Sloan woulda had atleast 3 rings by now while Mike Brown's claim to fame was getting swept in 1 damn finals.

• ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That he oblivious to coaching offense and that he is a idoit
    He can play pick-and-roll if he wants to, but even he said he doesn't want to do that anymore because it wears him out," Brown said.

"He likes the flexibility of giving it up and getting it back in other areas of the floor. Or giving it up and the ball moving and bodies are moving and he doesn't have to make a play for everybody every time down the floor."

"We can say, 'Steve, go play pick-and-roll.'….He did it in Phoenix for a long time. They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"

Asked whether that was indeed the case, Nash said, "It's not that it wears me out. It's that I'm not sure right now that should be the focus right now.

"I'm very reluctant to worry about myself. I want to learn, I want to build this team up and then if I need to be more proactive and a bigger part of things, that'll come. But right now, I want to try to get the offense going, get the guys going, get everyone's confidence up and we'll find a happy medium sometime down the road. I'm not worried about myself."

besides the fact that:
    a) he's never won a championship and he's critizing the suns for not having one
    b) he completely misunderstands nash's thoughts and/or makes them up

he also goes on this rant (where his part of the quote is from): http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/2012/11/01/121101Brownmov-2273701

while in theory having a one dimensional offense is easy to shut down (he should know from experience), this example of the suns doesn't really make sense since they always had an elite offense, even in the playoffs. it was the suns defense, if anything, that did them in.

i also kind of shook my head at him thinking allowing 10 offensive rebounds (three in one possession) was 7 possessions total. the man kept throwing all these numbers at the reporters yet simple math eludes him?

Im not a Laker fan but this Laker team is hard to watch and with Mike Brown Im not sure if Lakers will maxmize their potential tis season.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a lakers thread for all you cry baby bandwagon fans to avoid or vent while this overrated team gets ? on

*Remembers the bandwagoners saying cheap seats and the nba would be on suicide watch* 'LOL'
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if Mike brown gets fired from da lakers dis year he has to avoid high profile jobs team fans make him da scapegoat WAY too easily lls
  • Roger Godell
    Roger Godell Members Posts: 132
    edited November 2012
    Options
    "We can say, 'Steve, go play pick-and-roll.'….He did it in Phoenix for a long time. They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"

think the correct answer to that would have to be "one Robert Horry cheap shot away from the Finals". Now for a man that had a prime Lebron carrying his no offense coaching philosophy to the Finals, he sure talks a lot about things he doesn't or just misunderstands
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

think the correct answer to that would have to be "one Robert Horry cheap shot away from the Finals". Now for a man that had a prime Lebron carrying his no offense coaching philosophy to the Finals, he sure talks a lot about things he doesn't or just misunderstands

I wouldnt say one cheap shot away b/c it was Stoudemire fault he came off the bench. Horry did take a cheapshot but that was stupid for them guys to come off the bench

• G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »

I wouldnt say one cheap shot away b/c it was Stoudemire fault he came off the bench. Horry did take a cheapshot but that was stupid for them guys to come off the bench

Either way stern ? ass should have gave exception to the rule...that was one of the low ball moves ever made..
    And I wouldn't call them stupid at all it's natural instinct to come to your team leaders defense/aid....15+ years ago it wouldn't have been a big issue but the Detroit brawl for ever changed the landscape of bball

This discussion has been closed.