The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Options

Comments

• bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    great game dubs just had to many defensive lapses. I think this is going to be the game that turns the lakers season around

Jan 4-11 I wanna see what happens right there. They play 3 of the top 4 in the West.

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers get no love from me until they beat a name brand team (yes name brand) lol
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not sure about some of these lineups Mike used yesterday....What I would like to see is Nash come out at around the 6 minute mark and the start the second quarter with Meeks, Artest, Jamison, Hill. I don't think we need to do this small ball stuff when we have bigs that can score
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ yeah now that nash back they really need to start getting jamison in there...I think he looked good at times before and he will only look better with nash feeding him easy shots.....and an efficient offense will for sure mask or at the very least minimize the instances of his poor defense in transition/ switches
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't cosign Jamison playing a lot of minutes. His defense is beyond atrocious.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Word life its hilarious .. he tries hard.. that ? just...... CANT.. but ? so is paus.. but at least pau gives good help on occasion
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

word...I remember being ? at that ? during that cavs/wizard series a few years back...in the waning minutes and this ? act like he playin defense in shoes made of cement
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I cant recall a Laker team in a while that has allowed all these points per game.

Its not the offense that needs help at all. Clearly they need defensive help. When you're scoring 100+ a game you shouldnt be below .500

Sure sometime you can score 100, 105 115 and still lose. But it shouldnt happen so much.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    I cant recall a Laker team in a while that has allowed all these points per game.

Its not the offense that needs help at all. Clearly they need defensive help. When you're scoring 100+ a game you shouldnt be below .500

Sure sometime you can score 100, 105 115 and still lose. But it shouldnt happen so much.

? happens when a coach only spend only 30 min on defense
  • P swayze166
    Options

Honestly I hear you, but almost nothing up to this point is a reflection of what the real team is,mbesides that when injuries hit they are a mediocre basketball team that is always a threat to win regardless solely based on the fact that Kobe Bryant is playing.......the defense will find its way with Nash back, NOT BECAUSE Nash is some elite defender, but because consistency and chemistry is a key to good team defense. Everyone is in their correct position. Also Dwight Howard is clearly not 100 % healed yet, that will come in time.

A large factor as to why they gave allowed 100+ in so many games is due to turnovers and the other team running out, with Nash controlling tempo and the rock, that changes DRASTICALLY. With Nash you get guys moving defense scrambling and guys getting good looks, even if they miss the opposing team is so mixed up from the picks switches etc they can't leak out or cheat like they have been. Trust me the Nash factor is the key to all of this ( minus the overall health of everybody). The lakers team everyone saw on film tv live etc the last 2 months is not the real team they are and will be.

I'm not saying oh now they are a lock to win it all, greatest team ever blah blah blah...just saying now and the next 2 -21/2 months is when you can judge them on what they actually are and probably will be.

I'll guarantee you this, no team WANTS to play a healthy lakers team in a 7 game series. Basketball wise x and o's wise, they are deadly....it's just a matter if they put forth the effort energy and cohesion to play together.....and no Nash led team has ever NOT done that.

• bless the child
    edited December 2012
    Options

Honestly I hear you, but almost nothing up to this point is a reflection of what the real team is,mbesides that when injuries hit they are a mediocre basketball team that is always a threat to win regardless solely based on the fact that Kobe Bryant is playing.......the defense will find its way with Nash back, NOT BECAUSE Nash is some elite defender, but because consistency and chemistry is a key to good team defense. Everyone is in their correct position. Also Dwight Howard is clearly not 100 % healed yet, that will come in time.

A large factor as to why they gave allowed 100+ in so many games is due to turnovers and the other team running out, with Nash controlling tempo and the rock, that changes DRASTICALLY. With Nash you get guys moving defense scrambling and guys getting good looks, even if they miss the opposing team is so mixed up from the picks switches etc they can't leak out or cheat like they have been. Trust me the Nash factor is the key to all of this ( minus the overall health of everybody). The lakers team everyone saw on film tv live etc the last 2 months is not the real team they are and will be.

I'm not saying oh now they are a lock to win it all, greatest team ever blah blah blah...just saying now and the next 2 -21/2 months is when you can judge them on what they actually are and probably will be.

I'll guarantee you this, no team WANTS to play a healthy lakers team in a 7 game series. Basketball wise x and o's wise, they are deadly....it's just a matter if they put forth the effort energy and cohesion to play together.....and no Nash led team has ever NOT done that.

I Lol'd at this whole post. I dont think teams fear the Lakers at all, and I dont think teams will fear them coming June. The Lakers already have 14 lose, I see them losing another 9 or 10 before the season ends so it's looking like they'll have to run the gauntlet, meaning they're going to be playing without homecourt every round of the playoffs. It's looking like its going to be OKC, LA Clips, San Antonio and Memphis with the top 4 seeds out West. I just dont see anything of those teams getting up to 14 losses and the Lakers not taking not taking another L for the rest of the season.

Like I said in another post...Jan4th-Jan11th, We'll see how LA handles that, 3 of the top 4 in the West during that stretch. All 5 teams they play are in the playoffs right now. We shall see....

And please im tired of that Dwight is not 100 percent bs, He's just not as good as you all think.
  • P swayze166
    Options

I Lol'd at this whole post. I dont think teams fear the Lakers at all, and I dont think teams will fear them coming June. The Lakers already have 14 lose, I see them losing another 9 or 10 before the season ends so it's looking like they'll have to run the gauntlet, meaning they're going to be playing without homecourt every round of the playoffs. It's looking like its going to be OKC, LA Clips, San Antonio and Memphis with the top 4 seeds out West. I just dont see anything of those teams getting up to 14 losses and the Lakers not taking not taking another L for the rest of the season.

Like I said in another post...Jan4th-Jan11th, We'll see how LA handles that, 3 of the top 4 in the West doing that stretch. All 5 teams they play are in the playoffs right now. We shall see....

U probably laughed cuz u didnt read it....or know anything about basketball.

That stretch doesn't say much, group as a whole wouldn't of even been together playing in new system that long....this ain't a video game ? , learn about basketball.
  • bless the child
    Options

Like I said in another post...Jan4th-Jan11th, We'll see how LA handles that, 3 of the top 4 in the West doing that stretch. All 5 teams they play are in the playoffs right now. We shall see....

U probably laughed cuz u didnt read it....or know anything about basketball.

That stretch doesn't say much, group as a whole wouldn't of even been together playing in new system that long....this ain't a video game ? , learn about basketball.

It doesnt matter, it doesnt take much for a person to see that it isnt going to work. You have alot of talent on one team that doesnt compliment each other well. It's going to fail. They'll get bounced in the first round more than likely. They'll only have a good shot if they make it up to the 5 seeds because any lower than that its curtains lol
  • P swayze166
    Options
    Doesn't compliment each other? Lmao the best pick n roll pg ever, and the best big man roll to basket big in league, with the best scorer in the league possibly ever on the wing with a 4 that can pass better than most pg's.......yeah that doesn't compliment each other, smh......u really don't know ? about basketball....and obv just another laker troll. Move along back to your Internet bridge.

? lost out here.
  • bless the child
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Doesn't compliment each other? Lmao the best pick n roll pg ever, and the best big man roll to basket big in league, with the best scorer in the league possibly ever on the wing with a 4 that can pass better than most pg's.......yeah that doesn't compliment each other, smh......u really don't know ? about basketball....and obv just another laker troll. Move along back to your Internet bridge.

? lost out here.

Nah the Lakers look lost with their 14 L's wouldnt u say??? Every single one of those players needs the ball in their hands to be effective. Theres only one ball B
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    someone want to explain how your defense is this bad when we had Dwight playing with jameer,hedo,and rashard and were a top 5 defense every year?
  • bless the child
    Options
    someone want to explain how your defense is this bad when we had Dwight playing with jameer,hedo,and rashard and were a top 5 defense every year?

They're still top 10 in the league though.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

communication the other bigs have been ? and to be honest Dwight howard isnt Dwight Howard yet..
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They got 14 losses under bad leadership in terms of coaching and coaching changes and 3/5 of the starting lineup being hurt. Take 3/5 of the heat or the clippers starters out and you may have a similar 500 ball type of thing. If lakers do get the 7th 6th or 5th seeds and they're healthy....any team that's not the thunder or the spurs will have to show me they can put the lakeshow out. Especially the clippers, them ? don't own los angles yet. LoL @ they lead them by 8 games in the division and still don't get talked about in this town. Lakers winning 3 in a row is more news worthy and dominate on talk radio out here than the clips cute little 13 game win streak.
  • P swayze166
    Options
    REPOSTED for emphasis

almost nothing up to this point is a reflection of what the real team is,mbesides that when injuries hit they are a mediocre basketball team that is always a threat to win regardless solely based on the fact that Kobe Bryant is playing.......the defense will find its way with Nash back, NOT BECAUSE Nash is some elite defender, but because consistency and chemistry is a key to good team defense. Everyone is in their correct position. Also Dwight Howard is clearly not 100 % healed yet, that will come in time.

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    They got 14 losses under bad leadership in terms of coaching and coaching changes and 3/5 of the starting lineup being hurt. Take 3/5 of the heat or the clippers starters out and you may have a similar 500 ball type of thing. If lakers do get the 7th 6th or 5th seeds and they're healthy....any team that's not the thunder or the spurs will have to show me they can put the lakeshow out. Especially the clippers, them ? don't own los angles yet. LoL @ they lead them by 8 games in the division and still don't get talked about in this town. Lakers winning 3 in a row is more news worthy and dominate on talk radio out here than the clips cute little 13 game win streak.

"Best team in LA and Cali." LoL
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Almost game time. Let's do this!
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have to say, that ref is sticking it to y'all. That's some ? ? .
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.