The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Options

Comments

• toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, Chris Paul is so Clutch.....

Looks like Jamison copped that Jordan Hill Voodoo doll. Hope Jordan is not out for too long.

Pau, smh.......
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We had a chance at the end, CP3 is clutch
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Lakers didn't make a run when they should have. Late in the 1st quarter, both D.Jordan and Blake were in foul trouble. That's when the Lakers should have dumped it inside damn near every play or at least drive to cup.

Instead we had Meek and Artest jacking 3's SMH.

P.S. I still they it's Pau's fault followed by Artest's. I just don't say it all the time because at this point, it should be common knowledge. Pau's heart is simply not in the game as a Laker, and Artest has a Kobe shot selection with 1/100th of Kobe's skill.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pau Gasol: I won't request trade
    LOS ANGELES -- After he endured his fourth benching in the fourth quarter since Mike D'Antoni was hired as coach, there is no denying Los Angeles Lakers forward Pau Gasol is having a hard time fitting in with the team he once helped win two championships.

The Lakers ultimately could decide they just can't make it work with the former four-time All-Star; however, it won't be Gasol pushing his way out of town.

"No, oh, that's radical," Gasol said when asked whether he would request a trade following the Lakers' 107-102 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday. "I still believe. I still have faith in what we have. I still have faith that I can be a big part in helping this team succeed. Right now, I'm not being able to do that very often."

Gasol finished with just two points on 1-for-6 shooting along with four rebounds and two assists in 27 minutes against the Clippers. He sat the entire fourth quarter until Dwight Howard fouled out with 1:07 remaining and Gasol finished off the game in his stead.

D'Antoni said the benching had "nothing" to do with the plantar fasciitis and knee tendinitis that have plagued the 32-year-old Gasol this season.

"He just didn't have a good game," D'Antoni said.

Gasol expressed his frustration with the role he has been handed in the offense.

"It's difficult sometimes because it's not up to me to get involved," Gasol said. "I'm trying, but the times that I am at the elbows are the times that I get more involved and can make more plays from there, but it's not consistent."

Following the last time Gasol was benched in the fourth, a narrow Lakers win over the Charlotte Bobcats, Gasol met with D'Antoni for dinner to discuss how best to integrate him with the team. More than two weeks later, Gasol was not so sure things had changed since then.

"I don't like watching from the bench," Gasol said.

He did differentiate Friday's benching from the others against Memphis, Orlando and Charlotte, noting that the Lakers cut a 19-point fourth-quarter deficit down to two without him in the game.

"The guys on the floor were doing a great job cutting down the lead, and we gave ourselves a chance, so it wasn't that frustrated from that point but it was still hard," Gasol said.

The 7-footer said his effectiveness has become too reliant upon whether his jump shot is falling (he went 0-for-2 from 3 on Friday) and said he would have to become more assertive.

"I have to have more initiative because I can't wait for other people to make decisions for me, so I have to make them myself," Gasol said. "That's a little uncharacteristic of me, but right now I feel like I have no other choice if I want to be more effective."

Kobe Bryant came to Gasol's defense once again, as he has several times this season since initially suggesting Gasol needed to put on his "big-boy pants," stressing the importance of using the 12-year veteran in what the team is trying to accomplish.

"We have to figure that out," Bryant said. "We need to go through him a lot, lot more. A lot, lot more. He needs more touches on the elbow, more touches on the post. He's not a scorer type of a person, he'll be the first to admit that, but he can make plays for others down there. He can control the game from down there, and we got to find a way to get him more activated."

Bryant said part of the problem stems from finding a way to accommodate both Gasol and Howard when they're on the floor simultaneously.

"We got to figure out that spacing," Bryant said. "But, he needs to have the ball. For sure."

Bryant said he planned to speak with D'Antoni about Gasol's role at practice Saturday.

"Pau is just going to continue to be patient," Bryant said. "He's obviously frustrated and has every right to be. I'm frustrated for him. But, I mean, that's something that we have to solve because we're not going to get where we have to go with him not playing at maximum potential and using his maximum potential.

"Kobe Bean Bryant is the sole reason for the Lakers woes right now."

Jan 5th-April 16th = 50 games. 50 games could = 35-15. Just need some winning streaks to happen.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need too just trade Kobe to a real contender so he can have a real chance at a 6th ring,? ain't winning the Chip and the Lakers can get so much for him right now it's time too look towards the future yaw ? done.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ? all that. Gasol is garbage. Trade him ASAP!

Kobe needs to stop backing this chump if he wants to be in the position to win anything in the near future. I'm starting to think Kobe's comments are the reason why Mitch is taking so long to make a move. Gasol's been playing like ? since the NO series where Dallas swept us the next round.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    They need too just trade Kobe to a real contender so he can have a real chance at a 6th ring,? ain't winning the Chip and the Lakers can get so much for him right now it's time too look towards the future yaw ? done.
    stop posting.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stop posting.

I know ? ain't going well my man but learn how too take a joke!
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    look for 3 way with Minnesota that's my prediction
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    www.Twitter.com/kobebryant
    Kobe Face

344f4138966dc423744230a2f0fceca9.jpeg

A_4M1qSCEAASggS.jpg

Retweeted by Kobe
    "I get my ... 'by any means' on whenever there's a drought / Getcha umbrellas out becuz that's when I brainstorm"
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gasol is not garbage..... stubborn ? coach is ? up
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's all about confidence for Pau but the ? got skills. He just isn't one of those aggressive types and when things aren't going his way it affects him. Dantoni as a coach should be trying to accommodate everyone but he isn't.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mobile dbl post but reports are saying that dwight and kobe aren't getting along and their personalities aren't meshing. Smh who didn't see that coming.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited January 2013
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Gasol is not garbage..... stubborn ? coach is ? up

Bruh Gasol is the 4th best player on the team. Why the ? should D'Antoni change his offense up for the 4th best player on the team? It's not the coach's job to adjust to role players, it's the role players job to adjust.

Under this particular coach's offense Gasol is garbage. And tbh he's been falling off since way back when. Gasol's been a nuisance since before Lakers got swept with Phil Jackson.

He's not even worth half of his salary cap at this point, he doesn't try hard on defense or offense, he whines about calls, he's overly emotional, and he's falling off a little bit more every game. Soon enough the Lakers won't be able to trade him because of his steep drop in value.... but by all means continue to whine about the coach who besides Kobe (via trade clause) is the only CONSTANT on the team. Management already got rid of Brown, they're not going to fire 2 coaches in 1 year.

In sum, Kobe is putting up great numbers, Nash is doing his thing, and Dwight is doing pretty well. The only one ? up on a consistent basis is Gasol.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Gasol is not trash 5 months ago dude was killing it on the Spanish Olympic team where the team played off of him. Lets stop deflecting who the real ? problem are its Kobe and Jim Buss. Kobe for being the Cancer that he is and Jim Buss for not sucking up his pride and hiring Phil Jackson why hire a coach that hates post ups.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ this ? talking about Gasol in the olympics. You not really playing against nobody aggressive in olympic play unless you play against team usa. This ? ? in 27 minutes of play last night had 2 points and 4 rebounds! You can't tell me that you can't get that and more from Jamison or sacre or whatever his name is if you gave them guys 27 mins and y'all wanna ? on the only guy that is carrying his weight. Smh
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Lol @ this ? talking about Gasol in the olympics. You not really playing against nobody aggressive in olympic play unless you play against team usa. This ? ? in 27 minutes of play last night had 2 points and 4 rebounds! You can't tell me that you can't get that and more from Jamison or sacre or whatever his name is if you gave them guys 27 mins and y'all wanna ? on the only guy that is carrying his weight. Smh

Gasol is not a 3pt jumpshooter
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Gasol is not trash 5 months ago dude was killing it on the Spanish Olympic team where the team played off of him. Lets stop deflecting who the real ? problem are its Kobe and Jim Buss. Kobe for being the Cancer that he is and Jim Buss for not sucking up his pride and hiring Phil Jackson why hire a coach that hates post ups.

He was aight in the Olympics, but your statement holds no relevance to this particular situation since Gasol was considered the BEST player on the Olympic team, yet he's considered the 4TH BEST player on the Lakers.

Not the same situation at all.
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn ? sure love to talk about the lakers instead of their own team.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

He was aight in the Olympics, but your statement holds no relevance to this particular situation since Gasol was considered the BEST player on the Olympic team, yet he's considered the 4TH BEST player on the Lakers.

Gasol is the best post player on the Lakers , but he's not even in the post he's outside shooting jumpshots which is not his strength
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn ? sure love to talk about the lakers instead of their own team.

Their team ain't ? , that's why
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited January 2013
    Options

Gasol is the best post player on the Lakers , but he's not even in the post he's outside shooting jumpshots which is not his strength

Which is why he should be traded to a team where he can be the 1st or 2nd option so he can play to his strengths. When you're the 4th best player on the team you don't have the luxuries of playing to your strengths while you're on the floor. It's your job to adjust your game to benefit the players better than you.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know he should be in the post but what's that got to do with his defense and lack of rebounding?
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    I know he should be in the post but what's that got to do with his defense and lack of rebounding?

ask kobe about that like how are y'all fans and not playing attention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzgjfqWIOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MAjuvZMgRc

This discussion has been closed.