The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Options

Comments

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Atleast kobe gives them one or the other tho. If pau gonna be soft on defense, and the boards atleast give me 15 points. If the ? give me 5 points atleast give me 12 rebounds or 2 blocks
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They got to fired mike or trade pau..coach isn't going to change the offense for pau and having him shoot 3s is dumb.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Atleast kobe gives them one or the other tho. If pau gonna be soft on defense, and the boards atleast give me 15 points. If the ? give me 5 points atleast give me 12 rebounds or 2 blocks

pau gasol is not an enegry big he's not reggie evans you can trade him away and you'll still lose
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Lakers, Celtics, and Kings are reportedly very close to a trade that would send Francisco Garcia and Demarcus Cousins to the Boston Celtics.Marcus Thorton, Chuck Hayes,Thomas Robinson,and Aaron Brooks to the Los Angeles Lakers. Pau Gasol, Avery Bradley, Jason Terry,Jared Sullinger, and two future first round picks from the Celtics to the Sacramento Kings.**The only reason the deal has not happened yet is because the Lakers are being reluctant to accept the offer.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    DaBull wrote: »
    ^^^source?

MSOURCES.jpg
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aaron brooks is my guy but lakers shouldn't do it.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kings aint tradin Cousins
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not even Ray Lewis could find the words to motivate the 2012-2013 Los Angeles Lakers.
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers' defense is atrocious. Too many mental lapses and damn near no hustle or effort for loose ? . Still leaving players wide open and giving up easy shots.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn ? sure love to talk about the lakers instead of their own team.

Since Duncan joined the Spurs in 1997, San Antonio has compiled the best record in the NBA with a 830-352 record giving them a winning percentage of .702, the best mark of any team in the four major professional sports over the last 15 years. The Spurs record during that span ranks as the best 15-year run of any team in NBA history.

Ain't ? too discuss we don't have issues like you ? ? .
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at Gasol being their 5th best player...... Gasol is their 2nd best player when he gets his touches and 3rd best if u wann excluded Nash not playing defense. D antoni is stubborn and wont play 2 bigs which is his advantage vs teams. offensive rebounding and post play shopuld be LA's saving grace every night but nooooo.... D antoni wants to play his system... Yall a trip calling Gasol garbage when he was a key part of a championship
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Mayne the bottom line with this team is "Kobe" approach to the game..I ride for this dude and he just needs to pull back a little and some may say we'll the other ngas are not showing up, but if you look at this offense...it's built for ball movement...yea Meeks has been off but shid if you going into games thinking one game you may get 2 shots and the next night you get 10-12 shots..that can mess up a shooters rhythm..you'll be off too.

You know the reason the Knicks are playing 'better' under Mike Woodson version of offense than Mike D'tonai..Folks haven't even thought of this...it's becuz the ball "moves" and folks get shots up..40 year old gets shots..the pg Felton is playing lights out..JR. gets shots...

Think about this..put J.R. smith on the Lakers team now..would that dude be getting the same shots as he does in NY..hell no..becuz the ball don't move in LA... same offense, but different approach to the game from both teams..and that's the hidden gem within both offense..it's not the age like Kobe stated..it's his approach to the game..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We dont have the shooters the knicks got period.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Think about this..When Stoudamire first joined NY..he played pick n roll ball with Felton and B.Davis...dude was putting up mad numbers right?? what happened when Melo joined ( Kobe like player) dude numbers went down..becuz Melo is a player who needs to ball..the ball sticks and he needs to get his shots..Melo was creating his shots outside of that offense..doing his on thing..his shots weren't coming within the offense and that's why they wasn't winning those games under D-Tonai (yea I ? his name up) didn't have the ? to tell Melo.."hey get your shots within the offense" we got Amari..lets get him some touches..becuz he saw Melo being a true scorer...which he is..and he let him get away with that ? ..until "he.himself got tired of it" and resigned.. same thing happened with Joe Johnson in Phoniex..they just traded him..but the Suns offense worked becuz there wasn't a pure scorer over there other than Amare and you had him pick n rolling with Nash..you had role players moving the ball... but it's times you gotta be like hey lets get Stoudamire in the game and M'Donta didn't have the ? to tell Melo this and folks thought that it was a bad combo with the two but true be told it fell on the coach to make the two work and he couldn't....you gotta coach your stars too...and this what separates Phil from the rest of these coaches..he coaches his "stars" and puts light on them to make the others around them better...he holds them accountable for the others getting into the offense..
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    This is the big difference in Mike D'tona..he doesn't hold Kobe or single dude out for ? ....Dude you see getting 37 and Howard having 9 and Pau with 7 points aint working...why not pull Kobe to the side and tell/demand the nga to play within the offense...he don't do this..and back to what I was saying between the NY this year the NY when D-tona had them...Mike Woodson is telling Melo you gotta move the ball..your shots will come and you have to get them within the offense...less one on on..more elbow jumpers within the offense and pass the ball to the other players..that's why you see Felton numbers up..old ass J.Kid numbers up..Novak numbers up...they bought into playing within that offense...Melo isn't trying to do it himself..he's passing up shots and getting J.R. involved..That's the big difference with the NY this year than last year under M'Donta..

dude just needs to check Kobe about his approach to the game...he has to let Howard get his shots "within" the offense and pick-n-roll with Nash should be their bread n butter..or with Pau...not Kobe and Howard..not Kobe and Pau..Nash with one of those two and the shots with kobe will come...This will fix alot of their problems...
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Mayne everybody saying trade Pau..for what?? to bring in somebody whose pretty much going to do the same thing as Pau lol...all will change his the number and name on the jersey lol...if they continue to play the way they are playing..trading Pau won't help at all..Kobe will still jack up the shots and Howard will still be there..complaining about it..the 'approach' has to be changed...The offense is fine M'Dotani still can implement his style but he gotta keep his foot on Kobe neck to play within the offense...I'll go back to this game when they played Denver the first time at home..Kobe had like 21 within the first half or something...even Howard and Pau were getting their points and touches and I think they scored like 70 something the 1st half that game...all the shots they were taking were good shots and they came within the offense and this was without Nash at the point...This was the best game I seen the Lakers play all year...The best..Meeks came off the bench and hit like 5..3's and Jamision had a monster game...the 'approach' for that game was good..and Howard ass played around the foul area instead of just on the block..dude is better around that area...keep him off the block..he turns the ball over too much and it's not within the offense..let him roam the foul line area and you will get results..

It's all about their approach..that ? has to change fast..we don't need Kobe with 38 and Howard with 13 (4-7) shooting..that ? is dumb...
  • Knock_Twice
    Options

I know but still folk..Kobe can't jack it up like that..

Meeks is a good shooter so is Jamesion and Pau...we don't have good "three point shooters" but we have good shooters..
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Meeks is a good shooter so is Jamesion and Pau...we don't have good "three point shooters" but we have good shooters..

you been watchin the games....
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Knock_Twice, Kobe is no longer playing the role he played under Phil. Under Phil he played more a facilitator role until it was time for him to take over. This was mainly because Fisher isn't a pass-first PG. He's more of the spot up shooter type.

With D'Antoni's offense, Nash's SOLE role is the facilitator, while Kobe's is simply the scorer and the closer. It's not Kobe's job to get others involved. But tbh I don't even know why I'm saying this because this should be obvious. Kobe has said this in multiple interviews. They ask him how him and Nash are going to co-exist and he tells them Nash will do what he does best, which is facilitate, while Kobe will do what he does best, which is score.
  • Knock_Twice
    Options

you been watchin the games....

Yea most when they come on T.V.
  • Knock_Twice
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Knock_Twice, Kobe is no longer playing the role he played under Phil. Under Phil he played more a facilitator role until it was time for him to take over. This was mainly because Fisher isn't a pass-first PG. He's more of the spot up shooter type.

With D'Antoni's offense, Nash's SOLE role is the facilitator, while Kobe's is simply the scorer and the closer. It's not Kobe's job to get others involved. But tbh I don't even know why I'm saying this because this should be obvious. Kobe has said this in multiple interviews. They ask him how him and Nash are going to co-exist and he tells them Nash will do what he does best, which is facilitate, while Kobe will do what he does best, which is score.

It's not Kobe's job to get others involved?? huh...why not though...I think you're miss understanding what I'm saying..I'm saying like this..the games I've watched..it's very rare that Kobe gets his shots from off of Nash facilitating as you say..let's be honest.."most if not all of Kobe shots are from Kobe doing the facilitating on his own which in this offense shouldn't be....and what I'm sayin is Kobe needs to "pass" the ball more so within the offense...be real..how many times have you heard other than last night maybe.."Kobe swings the ball to the corner or a cross court pass from Kobe to an open such and such?? kobe drives and kicks out to the corner?? to a wide open such and such"....very rarely and this is what I mean by getting others involve..he gotta pass up shots to get the others involved..I've heard this year...Melo drives and kicks out to a wide open J.R. or an open J.Kid or Melo finds Chanllor for an open dunk..this is what I mean..you hear it more from Melo this year becuz Woodson has him playin within the offense and he's getting others involved..even though Felton is the PG..Melo still has to get the other players on the team involved just like Kobe..he's the superstar on the team..the star has to make the other players go.....and I'm not saying pass up "wide-up" shots but if you're working to get your shot..then you need to swing the ball maybe...dude goes one on one too much and this offense is not setup to be that way...if you don't see it...check at the difference between Melo now under Mike Woodson and Melo under D'tona..most of Melo shots are catch and shoot this year...or off of Felton ? or pick in roll with him and somebody...under D'tona Melo shots were "being created off the dribble" like how Kobe is doing within the offense..that kills the rhythm and thus shots are "forced" and come harder...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mayne everybody saying trade Pau..for what?? to bring in somebody whose pretty much going to do the same thing as Pau lol...all will change his the number and name on the jersey lol...if they continue to play the way they are playing..trading Pau won't help at all..Kobe will still jack up the shots and Howard will still be there..complaining about it..the 'approach' has to be changed...The offense is fine M'Dotani still can implement his style but he gotta keep his foot on Kobe neck to play within the offense...I'll go back to this game when they played Denver the first time at home..Kobe had like 21 within the first half or something...even Howard and Pau were getting their points and touches and I think they scored like 70 something the 1st half that game...all the shots they were taking were good shots and they came within the offense and this was without Nash at the point...This was the best game I seen the Lakers play all year...The best..Meeks came off the bench and hit like 5..3's and Jamision had a monster game...the 'approach' for that game was good..and Howard ass played around the foul area instead of just on the block..dude is better around that area...keep him off the block..he turns the ball over too much and it's not within the offense..let him roam the foul line area and you will get results..

It's all about their approach..that ? has to change fast..we don't need Kobe with 38 and Howard with 13 (4-7) shooting..that ? is dumb...

Season stats:

KB24: 30.5ppg 4.8apg 5.2rpg 1.5spg; 48% FG; 36% 3pt
    Nash: 10.2ppg 8.8apg; 53% FG; 41% 3pt
    Dwight: 17.3ppg 12.4rpg 2.6bpg; 57% FG

All of them are doing their jobs. Now look at Gasol...

Pau Gasoft: 12ppg 8.4rpg 42%FG.

42 percent? Really? Gasol's the only one that doesn't fit the offense. They need to trade Gasoft, "I think I'm an all-star" for quality role players (who know they're role players) who can better support the core of the team. The Lakers have enough "stars."
  • Knock_Twice
    Options
    Dude stats don't bring home rings...look at how Kobe is getting his numbers...it's different ways to get your average...and trading Pau won't do anything...lol...folk..

Pull up the shot chart of each player
This discussion has been closed.