Where do we rank Paul Pierce?

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being a top 5 Celtic is a huge deal,but the Celtics are all about champships so in my book he's a underachieving small forward

look at da rosters he was on his first 10 years in da league ALL da celtics legends had HOF teammates Pierce aint get his til he was 30 years old
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that i'm taking Pierce over Wade, but to each his own, still tho to say Pierce isnt on Wade's level career wise is ridiculous, it just been recent that you can say Lebron took it to another level over Pierce, it took Pierce declining and Lebron to reach his peak for that to happen, Pierce used to school Lebron early on in his career, and at least matched him, occasionally outplayed him and played him tougher than any other star up until about 2-3 years ago, Bron always had the edge because of his athleticism, but out of his own mouth he said him, Kobe and Pierce are the best wing players in the nba, that was years back but still, Pierce always lacked something that always made him unnoticeable to the casual fan, most likely it was not being flashy enough, a boringness to his game, sord of like a wing players Tim Duncan, minus the dominance and rings, but it was his basketball iq that set him apart from most players in the league, and even though he wasnt the most athletic he could always get the hoop at will, and he had his share of posterizations, to be perfectly honest there was nothing Pierce lacked in his game, he even proved he can be one of the better defenders at his position when we got KG and Ray, imo he goes down as the most underrated underappreciated superstars of this generation
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    Lol you guys are over rating the ? out of him. Great player yes but that's about it.

how are we overrating him? lol i started out by being objective nd sayin he's not a 1st tier star of da last decade

Top 5 Celtic top 20-30 all time, that's crazy. 04 he got swept in the playoffs in 05 didn't make it out the first round and didn't make it to the playoffs again till kg came. Hes a great player and had some great performances. If it wasn't for kg his career would be measurable to Vince carter
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think if pierce were on the 80's teams, he'd be the 4th best player. So thats pretty much why i can't say he's top 3, since 1 team has 3 guys who i my opinion were better
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    ? that i'm taking Pierce over Wade, but to each his own, still tho to say Pierce isnt on Wade's level career wise is ridiculous, it just been recent that you can say Lebron took it to another level over Pierce, it took Pierce declining and Lebron to reach his peak for that to happen, Pierce used to school Lebron early on in his career, and at least matched him, occasionally outplayed him and played him tougher than any other star up until about 2-3 years ago, Bron always had the edge because of his athleticism, but out of his own mouth he said him, Kobe and Pierce are the best wing players in the nba, that was years back but still, Pierce always lacked something that always made him unnoticeable to the casual fan, most likely it was not being flashy enough, a boringness to his game, sord of like a wing players Tim Duncan, minus the dominance and rings, but it was his basketball iq that set him apart from most players in the league, and even though he wasnt the most athletic he could always get the hoop at will, and he had his share of posterizations, to be perfectly honest there was nothing Pierce lacked in his game, he even proved he can be one of the better defenders at his position when we got KG and Ray, imo he goes down as the most underrated underappreciated superstars of this generation

1st bolded Pierce vs Wade real debatable I got Wade higher cuz of FG% nd defense.

2nd bolded wat i told hella people Pierce played Lebron da toughest nd Wade even said dat was his biggest rival

3rd bolded hell yea he was a stat stuffer accross da board even on weak teams i wish he coulda got help sooner man
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Lol you guys are over rating the ? out of him. Great player yes but that's about it.

how are we overrating him? lol i started out by being objective nd sayin he's not a 1st tier star of da last decade

Top 5 Celtic top 20-30 all time, that's crazy. 04 he got swept in the playoffs in 05 didn't make it out the first round and didn't make it to the playoffs again till kg came. Hes a great player and had some great performances. If it wasn't for kg his career would be measurable to Vince carter

lol, smack your ? self for saying some stupid ? like that, how about pierce leading the Celtics to the ecf in 02 with Walker being his 2nd best player, how about making it to the playoffs from 02-05 while Ainge was cleaning house and in rebuild mode the whole time, how can you compare him to Vince Carter because he didnt start winning until he got some help? Lebron James isnt doing any btter with Ricky Davis or Wally Sczerbiak as his 2nd best player, the ? people say I swear, probably thinks Carter was a better player in his prime because he always led all star voting ballots even when he wasnt playing smh
  • BlackAX410
    Options

lol @ dat being crazy u gotta consider da rosters he was on numbers dont lie its not ridiculous to consider him a top 25-30 player all-time, i've seen u say u consider Deron Williams da best PG in da league. his playoff resume' is shaky as well nd he had a solid supporting cast in Utah. nd i aint lettin u get away wit dat at da bolded Pierce is still da Celtics leadin scorer nd has been for 13 straight years which is another franchise record. VC averaged 10 ppg last year, Pierce lowest is 17ppg his rookie year
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HOF... Who Melo should look up too...
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

1st bolded Pierce vs Wade real debatable I got Wade higher cuz of FG% nd defense.

2nd bolded wat i told hella people Pierce played Lebron da toughest nd Wade even said dat was his biggest rival

3rd bolded hell yea he was a stat stuffer accross da board even on weak teams i wish he coulda got help sooner man

its debateable, I wouldnt even be mad at someone saying Wade all time is better than Pierce, but not on the same level is a bit much, I think in 06 Pierce and Shaq could of won a ship too, the man earned the name "The Truth" for a reason, and that wasnt the Shaq who couldnt even run up the floor without hurting himself Shaq, that was the prime, dominant, 3 rings in a row Shaq who gave him that name, that means something, Kobes another one who has had the better career but when he played Pierce you couldnt even tell he was that much better than Pierce, they used to go to war, theres some classic games between those two
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »
    somewhere btw 25-30 all time. the 3rd greatest celtic of all time

think he's better than Cousy, Havlicek, mchale, parish, etc...?

i don't even know if the biggest celtics fans would put pierce in the top 3. all time

maybe not mchale i forgot about him. but cousy and havlicek yea, he is a better player. just as skilled and fundamental and bigger
  • BlackAX410
    Options

its debateable, I wouldnt even be mad at someone saying Wade all time is better than Pierce, but not on the same level is a bit much, I think in 06 Pierce and Shaq could of won a ship too, the man earned the name "The Truth" for a reason, and that wasnt the Shaq who couldnt even run up the floor without hurting himself Shaq, that was the prime, dominant, 3 rings in a row Shaq who gave him that name, that means something, Kobes another one who has had the better career but when he played Pierce you couldnt even tell he was that much better than Pierce, they used to go to war, theres some classic games between those two

06 Pierce was unfuckwittable man scored 30+ points in 12 straight games lead da team in scoring assist rebounds nd steals wit da right supporting cast instead of da Wally Szcebiak nd Ryan Gomes of da world Pierce coulda led another deep playoff run
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »

very similar games nd skill sets Melo has been set up wit betta teams nd still underachieved if he dont scale back wit da shots crash da boards nd play betta defense he'll go ringless
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@axel told you i aint the only one who sees the parallel
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »

@axel told you i aint the only one who sees the parallel

oh i kno cuz i noticed how similar their games was when Melo 1st entered da league so i agree dis upcoming year is huge for Melo 10th year which is when Pierce won a championship.....
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    da year before da big 3 came in 07 in an injury riddled year Pierce averaged 25 ppg 6rpg nd 4apg. da next year when KG & Ray came he scaled back but still had respectable numbers 19.6ppg 5.1rpg 4.5apg if Melo follows dis formula da knicks can improve
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in before...

"KG carried him to a chip, because he was triple teamed and pierce got all wide open shots" or

"has anyone had more help for 1 ring than paul pierce? 2 HOFs, and the supporting cast from the 06 miami heat championship team..."

oh wait... paul pierce dont have obsessed haters. carry on.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    in before...

"KG carried him to a chip, because he was triple teamed and pierce got all wide open shots" or

"has anyone had more help for 1 ring than paul pierce? 2 HOFs, and the supporting cast from the 06 miami heat championship team..."

lmao he got his fair share of haters on here the usual suspects aint come in da thread to call him a fat overrated ? yet
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If The Celtics were able to finish off the Heat after Pierce hit that disrespectful 3 in Lebrons grill these opinions would be different.

Pierce is still one the best clutch performers in NBA history and has one of the best mid range games ever.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its obvious who never got to see bob cousy play.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *sigh*

I was really hoping i didnt have to come in here and ? on this ngga, b/c like osme have said he's had a great, solid, HOF career....but

Top 25 all-time?!?!?!

Yall nggas do know all-time refers to years BEFORE 2000 also, right?

If Pierce is top 25, wtf is KG????? B/c from an all-time perspective they are not close.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in before...

shots fired at @usmarine, @Mumo,
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    *sigh*

I was really hoping i didnt have to come in here and ? on this ngga, b/c like osme have said he's had a great, solid, HOF career....but

Top 25 all-time?!?!?!

Yall nggas do know all-time refers to years BEFORE 2000 also, right?

If Pierce is top 25, wtf is KG????? B/c from an all-time perspective they are not close.

lol yea we kno it means before 2000 wats ya point? how is it a reach to have Pierce as a top 25 all-time player numbers dont lie bruh plus he's got some years left to pad his stats
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    top 100-200 all time, HOF
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    its obvious who never got to see bob cousy play.

damn whippersnappers
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    aye man straight up basketball before da 80's was hard as ? to watch Cousy always dribbled wit his rite hand plus shot 37% from da field im not puttin him ahead of Pierce