Where do we rank Paul Pierce?

Options

Comments

• BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lookin at dis top All-time scorin list Pierce (where Pierce is 25th btw) is betta then a few guys ahead of him its not a reach to say he's 25-30th all-time

http://www.sportscity.com/nba/nba-all-time-scoring-leaders-38387/
  • bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the most underrated players of all time. Has held his own with the best the league has had to throw at him...Wasnt his fault the Celtics sucked but was one of the main reasons they came back to becoming a contender. Not alot of players stay their whole career with one team...Dude was almost killed and boston and has held it down, top 5 celtic of all time( that says alot for a team with so many great players) and top 20 NBA player....will be a HOFer.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peirce is a better player than wade has ever been in my opinion. He is a top 5 small forward not up their with bird and bron. He's right there with Dr j elgin Baylor Carmelo and rick barry
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »
    One of the most underrated players of all time. Has held his own with the best the league has had to throw at him...Wasnt his fault the Celtics sucked but was one of the main reasons they came back to becoming a contender. Not alot of players stay their whole career with one team...Dude was almost killed and boston and has held it down, top 5 celtic of all time( that says alot for a team with so many great players) and top 20 NBA player....will be a HOFer.

dats wat a lot of people dont get, i've talked to people who blame dat year where da Celtics went on da 18 game losin streak on him despite da fact dat he had a broken foot nd missed a majority of those games. dat shoulda shown u rite there wat type of talent he was playin wit. Almost every guy dat was used in da KG & Ray Allen deals are outta da league 5 years later nd they were young. dat was Pierce's supporting cast
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In fact right now he is prolly at 3 or 4 before or after Dr. J
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bigrizz wrote: »

dats wat a lot of people dont get, i've talked to people who blame dat year where da Celtics went on da 18 game losin streak on him despite da fact dat he had a broken foot nd missed a majority of those games. dat shoulda shown u rite there wat type of talent he was playin wit. Almost every guy dat was used in da KG & Ray Allen deals are outta da league 5 years later nd they were young. dat was Pierce's supporting cast

not to mention when he finally did come back from injury they were almost a .500 team, but couldnt win a game without him
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aye man straight up basketball before da 80's was hard as ? to watch Cousy always dribbled wit his rite hand plus shot 37% from da field im not puttin him ahead of Pierce

except for aone probably all of us were like 20-30 years away from being born when cousy played lol

• blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Being a top 5 Celtic is a huge deal,but the Celtics are all about champships so in my book he's a underachieving small forward

look at da rosters he was on his first 10 years in da league ALL da celtics legends had HOF teammates Pierce aint get his til he was 30 years old

They was supposed to get more than one Lucky ring everybody thought they would've had at least two or three that's why I said he underachieved
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh5WIhd6VsA&feature=related

another classic pre Big 3 game rofl @ both supporting cast

man da footwork on here was so crucial dis was a classic cuz Kobe dropped 40 too i remember watchin dis live great game
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Being a top 5 Celtic is a huge deal,but the Celtics are all about champships so in my book he's a underachieving small forward

look at da rosters he was on his first 10 years in da league ALL da celtics legends had HOF teammates Pierce aint get his til he was 30 years old

They was supposed to get more than one Lucky ring everybody thought they would've had at least two or three that's why I said he underachieved

i mean i look at it like dis cuz i remember when da trade happened a lot of people said it wasnt gon work cuz we had Rondo at da 1 nd Perkins at da 5. People thought Pierce nd Ray Allen wasnt gon click cuz of shot distribution nd felt they were too selfish. They didnt think Doc was gon be able to coach em cuz he was on da hot seat before dat trade was made (his rep has increased since 08) so dis mysterious everyone expected them to steamroll thru everyone nd win multiple ships thing is false. NOTHING about da 08 ship is lucky hard work won us dat one dont discredit us. i think we coulda won in 09 if KG aint get injured he was a huge part of wat we did we fought hard but didnt have enough. in 2010 NOBODY expected us to win cuz we were "too old" da cavs were da favorites nd da Magic were da defending Eastern conference champs. we fell just short in da finals due to multiple things game 6, & 7 is da only thing where i was like damn we coulda played betta nd consider a failure. Do I wish & feel we could have 2 championships, hell yea but u cant control injuries nd there's no way ima call da team underachiving or a failure cuz they got 1 championship how many great assembled teams nd hall of famers have 0 championships?
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    him and wade is pretty close legacy wise, Wade is washed after only 9 years...Pierce and Wade are even right now despite a 5 year difference

Lmao this ? here...

Pierce was always kinda underrated throught his career due to not having a flashy game bur an all-time top 25 player? Ehhh its a bit of a reach. Pierce is like in the mid-thirties. Respect that man's clutch gene though. Dude been killin miami with that mid range jumper over the years. I will have wade over him though but hey thats expected right? Lol
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    youtube dont have da games dat i really wanted to post in here anymore some of his pre big 3 classics
  • its....JOHN B
    Options

Really? because when they first put that team together everyone was saying it was going to take a couple years for the team to form any kind of chemistry, and the supporting cast wasnt good enough, and Detroit are still the front runners in the east, and all that other ? .

Then you forget that KG had a serious knee injury the year after, but still made it to the 2nd round and gave the magic a run for there money, that 3rd year when we picked up Sheed was a pretty disapointing regular season, KG really didnt get his legs back till 3 quarters into the season at least, and sheed didnt look like he fit in, but then the playoffs started and we were 4 points away from winning another one, ? was in our hands too, 4th year just way to major of a change at that point in the season, and Shaq couldnt get healthy, there was no chance, then last year just one game away from the finals, I know styles make matchups but so i'm not saying because we almost handled the heat that we would of handled the thunder easily, but I think we would of took out the thunder.

Then let me ask you something, how many top 50 players of all time never won a ring?? Pierce got one thats more than a lot of people on that list, so ? outta here with that underachieving ? , luck wasnt on our side a couple of them years, but they still persevered and contended every year during that era
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M546oa0NGys

found one of his games from 03 back then he had dat fast 1st step nd could score from anywhere on da court gotta ? wit da sequence where him nd Al Harrington was talkin ? then he dropped a 3 in his mouth lls
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M546oa0NGys

found one of his games from 03 back then he had dat fast 1st step nd could score from anywhere on da court gotta ? wit da sequence where him nd Al Harrington was talkin ? then he dropped a 3 in his mouth lls

I remember that ? like it was yesterday, I went bananas when he hit that
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    ? he's called the Truth... the Truth! Nothing else need be said by supporters, dissenters, naysayers, nitpickers, and the raters
  • nepats
    nepats Members Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Pierce is the best scorer is Celtics history. But he is not the type of player that can carry your team on both sides of the court like for example Larry Bird.

• BlackAX410
    Options
    nepats wrote: »

Pierce is the best scorer is Celtics history. But he is not the type of player that can carry your team on both sides of the court like for example Larry Bird.

idk i still stand by dat if he woulda had a betta supporting cast after between 04-07 he coulda had deep playoff runs. When u lead ya team in multiple categories it aint ya fault cuz its not much u can do. wit him iont think it was a "well somebody's gotta score da points" type situation. he didnt have quality help nd was forced to be a point forward too much
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Axel sounds like me when I bring up Duncan...lol
    Good ? tho...

• In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iverson>>Vince Carter>>Paul Pierce>>T-mac

They all in the same group together. They are a step under elite.
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    Iverson>>Vince Carter>>Paul Pierce>>T-mac

They all in the same group together. They are a step under elite.

Vince had some great years in Toronto but im not takin him ahead of Pierce i had dis argument on twitter wit someone. His numbers steadily dropped year after year plus him given up nd not playin as hard to force a trade from toronto neva set well wit me
  • BlackAX410
    Options
    ocelot wrote: »
    @Axel sounds like me when I bring up Duncan...lol
    Good ? tho...

lol somebody gotta pay attention to da non flashy players Lebron Kobe nd Jordan shouldnt be topics every ova day
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pierce and Walker were a dynamic duo and as unathletic as he looks he use to make the toughest contorted layups
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One ring out of 5 years is lucky Paul pirece said after they won their only ring that Jordan told him to get one more than they can talk and only gettin one means that its luck.