If Food & Liquor II is a classic, Lupe is Officially a 2000's GOAT: Agree or Disagree?

Options

Comments

• blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Illbot should come and start clapping ? for using the words "classic" and "GOAT" wrong
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Options
    You can probably make the argument that he should be considered right now. Lasers really put him back in terms of advancement so did a couple of the mixtapes that came out over the last few years. If he gets back to executing the concepts that he has for his albums; like he did with F&L and The Cool, then he should be. So I agree.

I don't think homie should get points taken away for using a vast vocab, he is not going Can-I-Bus on anyone.

This is rapping, not writting. And all words in your vocab are up for use, even if the listener does not understand it. Use a dictionary if you don't understand the word, better yourself!
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why can't Lupe just be a dude with a solid catalog why does he have to be the GOAT of 2000s or whatever the ? . Why do y'all have to take ? to the extreme.
  • achewon87
    Options
    Why can't Lupe just be a dude with a solid catalog why does he have to be the GOAT of 2000s or whatever the ? . Why do y'all have to take ? to the extreme.

Not sure anything is being taken to the extreme.

I think it's a valid question, better than threads about MMG or YMCMB being the best of what hip-hop has to offer, when they don't really contribute anything positive to the game.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Um not at all to me.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

Not sure anything is being taken to the extreme.

I think it's a valid question, better than threads about MMG or YMCMB being the best of what hip-hop has to offer, when they don't really contribute anything positive to the game.

Greatest of All Time , Classic, etc. is taking it to the extreme . Also folding under the pressure of label influence is

not positive
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe threads...Jay threads...Nas threads...Wayne/YM threads...Cole threads...Noticing a pattern...?
  • achewon87
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @MCTheRapper

Well I took the question as "Should he be considered one of best of the 2000's". GOAT is a subjective term in Hip-Hop as there are no Muhammad Ali's out this ? . And not sure if you know how this works; but Lupe don't own the music he turns into the label, they decide for themselves what is released. And "? Bad" is more positive than most of the ? released nowadays on any label from any mainstream team.

Still say it is a valid question. And I don't think he has commercially released a classic yet, F&L advance was pretty close though.

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe been the GOAT.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's already top 3 ever all time on my list. So him dropping a third classic will only help him on list.

1. 2Pac
    2 .Joe Budden
    3. Lupe
    4. Nas
    5. Kanye
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Greatest of All Time , Classic, etc. is taking it to the extreme . Also folding under the pressure of label influence is not positive [/quote]

Well I took the question as "Should he be considered one of best of the 2000's". GOAT is a subjective term in Hip-Hop as there are no Muhammad Ali's out this ? . And not sure if you know how this works; but Lupe don't own the music he turns into the label, they decide for themselves what is released. And "? Bad" is more positive than most of the ? released nowadays on any label from any mainstream team.

Still say it is a valid question. And I don't think he has commercially released a classic yet, F&L advance was pretty close though.

[/quote]

his actions speak louder than his words do how you samson with ur ink pen but when its time to stand up for some

? outside of releasing some obvious ? in a song then you don't do nothing on OH the label made me do it ? .

How you a corporate sponsored revolutionary ? ? Rick Ross' Hold me back is more positive if we being honest.
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    Lupe threads...Jay threads...Nas threads...Wayne/YM threads...Cole threads...Noticing a pattern...?

when was the last Cole thread?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think F&L is a classic , The Cool is good but not much replay value and Lasers is ass. But his mixtapes and the FL Advance dope as ? . Lupe one of the best from this era
  • A1000MILES
    Options
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    Illbot should come and start clapping ? for using the words "classic" and "GOAT" wrong

? is so ill how everybody is posting like normal and he just snatches somebody up out of nowhere lol.
  • achewon87
    edited August 2012
    Options
    @MCTheRapper

Did you really just say a Rick Ross song talking about his fake drug come up was more positive than "? Bad"?

SMFH, and your the one complaining about GOAT and Classics, really?
  • nycdiesel
    nycdiesel Members Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »
    How can you be a 2000's "greatest of all time"...?....

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't think of anyone better cept Kanye musically, so yeah. Then again, only thing we got of value from the 2000s is learning how to dance and be Big Meech and Larry Hoover, so he don't have much comp.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont ever think of lupe when talking about rappers so..
  • Seansosa
    Seansosa Members Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I doubt if this new album is on parr with the original! I'm not expecting much
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think F&L is a classic , The Cool is good but not much replay value and Lasers is ass. But his mixtapes and the FL Advance dope as ? . Lupe one of the best from this era

Much better poster when u not YM cheerleading
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hell naw
    if f&l2 is a classic then he'll have 1 classic album
    that ? is a rappin ass ? , nothing more nothing less
    like homeboy up top said, listenin to his ? can become a chore
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hell naw
    if f&l2 is a classic then he'll have 1 classic album
    that ? is a rappin ass ? , nothing more nothing less
    like homeboy up top said, listenin to his ? can become a chore

lol quality post
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    We never got anything of value in the 2000's?...Jay ain't give ? the blueprint?...Nas ain't drop 4 of his greatest albums?....Ludacris ain't come back for the first time?...Twista ain't go Kamikaze?...Eminem ain't tell you why he's just the way he is?...Crooked I ain't give you hip hop weekly?...TIP ain't make classic music for the trap?...Wayne ain't drop Go DJ?...Common ain't drop BE?...Talib ain't wake up in the mornin feelin his highs and his lows?...Shawnna ain't have one of the hardest female rap albums ever?...? hip hop...No value in it...
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lupe is trying too hard. He could be dope if he found a real place to spit from. He just isn't as smart as he wants to be. He should ease up on politics and spit some real ? . Intruder alert was dope. So was switch.