WHO IS THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME? (POLL)

Options

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NaS
    Be$T_1 wrote: »
    Jamaica wrote: »
    does Pac have a verse as lyrical as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoMPxSi9iUM

when did ya fat tar colored jamaican ass become a nas fanatic, u used to walk around this ? like u were the executor of biggie's estate a year ago, deleting threads that u felt disrespected the rotund bk legend....

That ? been a nas fan bruh
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    NaS

when did ya fat tar colored jamaican ass become a nas fanatic, u used to walk around this ? like u were the executor of biggie's estate a year ago, deleting threads that u felt disrespected the rotund bk legend....

you know this is the type of response they give when they can't give a better rebuttal. when did i ever claim biggie was my favorite rapper? also when did i ever delete threads about biggie for the reasons you gave?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Legend in Two Sports Posts: 8,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    CJ wrote: »

That ? been a nas fan bruh

oh ok, I stand corrected, just remember the dude defending biggie on some serious ? .
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Tupac Shakur

you know this is the type of response they give when they can't give a better rebuttal. when did i ever claim biggie was my favorite rapper? also when did i ever delete threads about biggie for the reasons you gave?

what rebuttal did u expect, ? I wasn't posting to defend nothing your opinion is your own I could care less.

it's a fact that u deleted biggie threads that u didn't agree with though, nothing to debate about though lets keep the thread moving grease head.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    NaS
    bruh where did you get the heart to throw insults at somebody? when you look like a shaved bird.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • blackstarr
    blackstarr Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac the greatest....
  • [Deleted User]
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    bruh where did you get the heart to throw insults at somebody? when you look like a shaved bird.

LoL..... good one.

u still look like u sweat high mileage valvoline, intertube neck.

• [Deleted User]
    edited September 2012
    Options
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rakim
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    Cain1 wrote: »
    Is there a reason why Ice Cube is always overlooked when 2Pac and Biggie is mentioned?
    Isn't his career just as similar (impact/movies/classics/winning epic beefs) as Pacs?
    Didn't he have a GOAT run while blueprinting the West.... kind of like Biggie did for NY?

This is a legitimate question, because I wasn't coherent in those days.
    Thats probably why i feel Nas and Jay are waaaaaaaaaaaaay better then their predecessors.

Cube is why I never name Pac in my top 5. To me Cube is/was a way better rapper and actor than Pac. His music had more of a message to it and he all around better albums. Hell he dropped 3-4 classics back to back. I was actually surprised not seeing him left off the voting.

Cube>>>>>>>Pac in all things music related

Cube cant do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m2OUSZ5WR8

this is why cube will never touch Pac

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBl1xB07YZk&feature=related

but what did that have to do with music????
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rakim
    ? left off LL lol
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    Other (If You Click This name the Rapper who you think is the GOAT)
    Pac>>>>Nas aint too farfetched
    Pac>>>Jay Z is laughable
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    Pac bout to rally up like he did to EM in the ESPN Polls
  • MrLunatik1979
    MrLunatik1979 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ICE CUBE
    I voted Ice Cube. He's one of the godfathers of gangsta rap, I love all his albums and his live performance is 2nd to none. When a ? come to my town and put on as strong of a performance as he does in a 20,000 seat arena I can't help but have love for him.

I said this before and will again, if DOC hadn't gone through that windshield he would be the GOAT
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Jay-Z
    When you take lyrical content, catalog, sales, impact on the genre, and skill into account.....It's kinda hard to argue against Jay-Z.

And dude is only my third favorite rapper.
  • sapo614
    sapo614 Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    Pac
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    Jay is getting close to Pac .....in the polls
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    If you're gonna put Kanye West and Andre 3000, then you have to put a few other rappers who are undisputedly better lyricists than Kanye, and song-for-song and verse-for-verse over their careers have put out about as much good material as Kanye and Andre 3000.

1. Redman (just look at his catalogue, consistency of his material, his influence on rappers and on the game in general, his lyricism)
    2. Ghostface Killah (catalogue on Wu group albums, his solo stuff, his lyricism, his guest features)
    3. Raekwon (same as Ghostface)
    4. Scarface (his Geto Boys stuff, his solo catalogue, his influence on the South, his lyricism and appeal to emotion)

I think if you do song-for-song then Snoop and Busta Rhymes have to be in the discussion (even if they aren't considered the best). If skills are the main factor, then you have to add Big L and Big Pun (especially if you're adding Biggie to the convo).

And if we're talking purely about skill, i'd even reach far enough to put Mos Def in the discussion for best.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^T/s dont know ? about hip hop that's why the usual names were included

• _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur

How the ? dont you think I know ? about Hip Hop? I list names I see people here throw around not once did I see anyone say anyone in Wu Tang where GOAT
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    It shouldn't matter what names are thrown around.Kanye is an average mc he shouldn't be on anyone's goat list

Dre 3000 is half of a duo who hasn't dropped an album in damn near 10 years and he don't have a solo album.How is he on the list over people like face,krs,ghostface or big pun?

Step yo knowledge up lil boy ,yo head is so far up pacs ass u oblivious to the genre

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    _Menace_ wrote: »

How the ? dont you think I know ? about Hip Hop? I list names I see people here throw around not once did I see anyone say anyone in Wu Tang where GOAT

A statistically insignificant amount of people have individually voted for Kanye, Ice Cube, Biggie, Rakim, Andre 3000, and Eminem.

So it's not fair to disclude those who I mentioned, when it's pretty clear any of those that I mentioned could've gotten the same amount of votes, or more than some of the rappers you mentioned.

After all, up to this point, 9 people voted for the 'Other' option, and 16 people voted for Biggie, Kanye, Andre 3000, Rakim, Ice Cube, and Eminem combined.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NaS
    Nas keeps winning go and cop Life Is Good
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    NaS
    sully wrote: »
    If you're gonna put Kanye West and Andre 3000, then you have to put a few other rappers who are undisputedly better lyricists than Kanye, and song-for-song and verse-for-verse over their careers have put out about as much good material as Kanye and Andre 3000.

1. Redman (just look at his catalogue, consistency of his material, his influence on rappers and on the game in general, his lyricism)
    2. Ghostface Killah (catalogue on Wu group albums, his solo stuff, his lyricism, his guest features)
    3. Raekwon (same as Ghostface)
    4. Scarface (his Geto Boys stuff, his solo catalogue, his influence on the South, his lyricism and appeal to emotion)

If skills are the main factor, then you have to add Big L and Big Pun (especially if you're adding Biggie to the convo).

And if we're talking purely about skill, i'd even reach far enough to put Mos Def in the discussion for best.

I agree. Ghostface is one of the best storytellers in Hip-Hop. And OB4CL is one of the best Rap albums ever. I think Black Thought and Common should get a nod as well.

Black Thought constantly brought heat on his group's albums, and has longevity. If 3Stacks is on the list then Black Thought should be in the discussion.

Common has longevity and two classics imo (Be and Like Water For Chocolate).

Eminem shouldn't be on a GOAT list either imo.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    NaS
    Damn last week I check out what kind of people that vote on the poll and most people that vote for Jay Z was white and now 1 week later when I check it I only know bout 15% of the people that vote for Jay and I been a member here since the new IC? So please mods go do your job and ban the people that create accounts to vote on Jay Z. Lmao