WHO IS THE GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME? (POLL)

Options

Comments

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    It shouldn't matter what names are thrown around.Kanye is an average mc he shouldn't be on anyone's goat list

Dre 3000 is half of a duo who hasn't dropped an album in damn near 10 years and he don't have a solo album.How is he on the list over people like face,krs,ghostface or big pun?

Step yo knowledge up lil boy ,yo head is so far of pacs ass u oblivious to the genre

My Hip Hop Knowledge is good.

I was gonna list Pun and L but forgot to.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    sully wrote: »
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    ^T/s dont know ? about hip hop that's why the usual names were included

How the ? dont you think I know ? about Hip Hop? I list names I see people here throw around not once did I see anyone say anyone in Wu Tang where GOAT

A statistically insignificant amount of people have individually voted for Kanye, Ice Cube, Biggie, Rakim, Andre 3000, and Eminem.

So it's not fair to disclude those who I mentioned, when it's pretty clear any of those that I mentioned could've gotten the same amount of votes, or more than some of the rappers you mentioned.

After all, up to this point, 9 people voted for the 'Other' option, and 16 people voted for Biggie, Kanye, Andre 3000, Rakim, Ice Cube, and Eminem combined.

So basically make a new poll with different options?
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    Other (If You Click This name the Rapper who you think is the GOAT)
    someone please explain how Big L or Pun can even be considered
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NaS
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »

Big L = Style\Flow top 20
    Big Pun = Lyrics\Flow\Realness top 5
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NaS
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    As aforementioned, if we're talking from a strictly skills perspective both can make a run.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z
    Going through this thread, so far it's:

Nas - 39
    2Pac - 26
    Jay-z - 26
    Biggie - 5
    Eminem - 4
    Ice Cube - 2
    Rakim - 2
    Kanye West - 2
    Andre 3000 - 1
    Canibus - 1
    Scarface - 1

Other - 9

• sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-Z

How the ? dont you think I know ? about Hip Hop? I list names I see people here throw around not once did I see anyone say anyone in Wu Tang where GOAT

A statistically insignificant amount of people have individually voted for Kanye, Ice Cube, Biggie, Rakim, Andre 3000, and Eminem.

So it's not fair to disclude those who I mentioned, when it's pretty clear any of those that I mentioned could've gotten the same amount of votes, or more than some of the rappers you mentioned.

After all, up to this point, 9 people voted for the 'Other' option, and 16 people voted for Biggie, Kanye, Andre 3000, Rakim, Ice Cube, and Eminem combined.

Probably. But this thread is already 6 pages deep. Whoever makes it again should wait about a month before they decide to reincarnate this topic.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur

Probably. But this thread is already 6 pages deep. Whoever makes it again should wait about a month before they decide to reincarnate this topic.

Maybe a mod can add extra options
    it olny let me put 10
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread has been done so many times. Seems like Menace be making threads out of boredom.

But as far as the question i'd have to say either Ice Cube or Nas.
  • WilliamWallace1
    WilliamWallace1 Members Posts: 103
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Eminem
    Tupac Shakur
  • WilliamWallace1
    Options
    Eminem
    Tupac Shakur
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    CirocObama wrote: »
    This thread has been done so many times. Seems like Menace be making threads out of boredom.

But as far as the question i'd have to say either Ice Cube or Nas.

No joke it been like that lately
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eminem lyric

Too bad none of Em's albums match up to Kanye's albums.

You can rhyme words with "orange" all day long, but if you don't got the body of work to back up whatever skills you have then what's the point?

Em ain't no GOAT, but he is wildly overrated.

Oh yeah, Kanye's production >>>>>>> Em's production.
    First off, let me say Im black.

Secondly, that Marshal Mathers album was a better hiphop album than anything Kanye put out. Em's flow on that was on another planet.

Marshal Mathers LP> Kanye's catalog

• soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rakim
    Eminem lyric

You can rhyme words with "orange" all day long, but if you don't got the body of work to back up whatever skills you have then what's the point?

Secondly, that Marshal Mathers album was a better hiphop album than anything Kanye put out. Em's flow on that was on another planet.

Thats not saying much....both them cats are 10 steps behind The ? Emcee....Rakim Allah
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Rakim
    Eminem lyric

Thats not saying much....both them cats are 10 steps behind The ? Emcee...Rakim Allah
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other (If You Click This name the Rapper who you think is the GOAT)
    dylan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    NaS

Lol @ the bolded.

And hell nah. Sonically all of Kanye's Rap albums are better than Em's albums.

Em can delicately string together multisyllabic rhymes on a regular basis, cool. But the substance in the lyrics and guest features on Kanye's albums are a hell of a lot better than the ? that's on Em's albums.

We Don't Care>>>>>>Big ? .

? Music>>>>>>>? .
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Biggie Smalls
    cosign Marshall mathers LP>>>>>any kanye album tho
  • TripleSixTrilla
    TripleSixTrilla Members Posts: 7
    Options
    wow no one has mentioned EL-P? we talking lyrical capabilities or overall music?
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    wow no one has mentioned EL-P? we talking lyrical capabilities or overall music?

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NaS
    Esco............
  • wu-tang4ever
    wu-tang4ever Members Posts: 118 ✭✭
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    1.Pac...i.m.o hes on another level
    2.Nas
    then the rest fight it out
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    if kanye is on the list but not scarface i cant partake in this blasphemy
  • WilliamWallace1
    Options
    Eminem

Lol @ the bolded.

And hell nah. Sonically all of Kanye's Rap albums are better than Em's albums.

Em can delicately string together multisyllabic rhymes on a regular basis, cool. But the substance in the lyrics and guest features on Kanye's albums are a hell of a lot better than the ? that's on Em's albums.

We Don't Care>>>>>>Big ? .

? Music>>>>>>>? .

The Eminem Show is basically all substance what Kanye album has more substance songs or lyrics in general than The Eminem Show? taking away the first single that's what the whole album based on jut substance. What songs in general does Kanye have like that aside from a few like Through The Wire and Jesus walks? Em has The Em Show, Recovery as far as albums substance wise and the songs like Rock Bottom on his first few albums

Big ? was on Encore and ? was on a greatest Hits not on either The MMLP or The Eminem Show.
  • biggboyy2002
    biggboyy2002 Members Posts: 16
    Options
    Tupac Shakur
    Pac , Nas, Biggie, In that order!