BREAKING NEWS OKC JUST TRADED JAMES HARDEN TO THE ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does Royce White still plan on traveling by coach bus??
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    did this ? say Ibaka was top 8?????? smh
  • DaBull
    Options
    Houston still has flexibility this summer to go after josh smith or Bynum, they not done yet.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    did this ? say Ibaka was top 8?????? smh

hahaha I was gonna respond to that, but it is so absurd I let that one go.

*booker T voice*
    "Somebody's gotta stop this ? ."
  • sdotcarter111
    sdotcarter111 Members Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So who greedier, Harden or OKC? The difference in contracts aint enough that someone couldn't have just said '? it, lets do this'.

James gotta be salty as ? right now though. The only ? happy about this deal....is his agent.

2gt0xfo.jpg
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Has Terrence Jones shown anything in the pre season?? Thinking about it from 1-3 the Rockets are set, but Pat Patterson and Asik just aint cutting it, they can wait till free agency but I know teams like Utah and Atl wil be looking to move guys come trade deadline, I wouldnt go the Josh Smith route but Millsap or maybe even Big Al from Utah plugged into that starting lineup that team goes from a lottery team to a playoff team that could make some noise
  • Roger Godell
    Roger Godell Members Posts: 132
    Options
    Houston had to do this trade and it was the right thing. They're in a much better spot now, and will have enough cap space for a second max contract along with Harden next off season. They were going nowhere before the trade, now may might entice someone good to come.

• D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was feelin himself too much to turn down 52 mil. And he coulda played wit 2 perennial all-stars?? Smh.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Damn, I didn't even know about the 1st round picks.

? . Did Presti take a strap to the meeting???

This is a trade between two very good gm's. Morey was gonna get who he wanted and presti was gonna get compensated for it, I ain't expect anything less....

Baseball-bat-throw-umpire.gif

I'm assuming this was because of morey. Like I said before, morey has won most of his trades. He got dragic and a pick out of aaron brooks, kevin martin and a pick out of a washed up t-mac and carl landry, chandler parsons who is already one of the best defensive sf's out of a 2nd round pick, now harden out of picks/players he acquired. Morey is an above average gm, period.

All these moves haven't produced one playoff appearance

This idiot just gave up a lottery pick,another 1st round pick,an expiring 13 mil contract,jeremy lamb and a future 2nd for james harden and 2 more bums who hardly played off the thunders bench.

with what he had he's done fine. Maybe if the team was ? enough we would've got a top pick but we haven't been so whats the other option>? Free Agency? How the ? do you attract free agents when your team is the definition of average. I'm not saying dudes made incredible moves, I'm saying he's done well with what he had to work with period.... So we should keep martin/lamb and try to remain in the middle again? That pick from dallas won't be ? and the raptors pick will prolly be 5-10. If the draft yields such great results then why the same damn teams consistently in the lottery? You think Monta Ellis is the missing piece to the bulls championship picture but you don't think harden is worth two aiight picks, kevin martin who you say is trash and an unproven rookie? Im confused...

Monta ellis can play pg and sg he's averaged 20+ 4 times in his career.The bulls need a scorer who can handle the rock,create for himself and others.Don't see what this has to do wit the topic at hand but he would be an ideal fit for the bulls imo

Your gm just gave up more assets than the magic got for dwight howard for a team that might be lucky to win ONE playoff game if they even make it.No need to get defensive I know the truth hurts

The dallas pick will be between 16-20 and the thunder got a lottery pick this is the same guy who drafted ibaka 24th

I'm not catching feelings I'm asking what we could've done different. Theres two ways to be successful in the league, thats through the draft and through free agency. Neither one of those were options... we've had the 14th pick the last 3 years and no one wants to come here. Why you would even compare the magic trade is beyond me, everyone knows that was a ? trade. You really think he could've sent a ? package to PRESTI for Harden? You say martin's trash but now he's part of a package in which we gave up too much? The only thing we have up was the raptors pick and lamb, dallas pick doesn't matter and martin was gone anyways...
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't want to or couldn't pay that man after giving Ibaka that boatload of doe.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN

LeBron & Wade said today they were stunned by Harden trade. But Wade says OKC still best in West.

Lol....
  • DaBull
    Options
    wade a washed hater .
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OKC should have the same starting 5. Perk, Ibaka, KD, Thabo, RW. Their bench is weaker than it was. Harden made everybody on that bench better because he's pretty damn good at running the pick and roll.

I think Harden is overrated, but that doesn't take away from the fact he made the 2nd unit effective.

With no Harden off the bench, Martin WILL need more offensive help in the 2nd unit, so Lamb can come in, possibly get himself 6-8 ppg. I have a feeling they'll play Ibaka a lot with this unit to get him more touches, and to help settle everything.

Bench rotation will be awful in the beginning, but once they settle down, OKC should still finish #1
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    same thing happened with arista and the lakers a few years back ...? was feeling himself too much and they made him a few offers then let that ? walk...kevin martin has been good for a while though
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I forgot all about thabo being the starting 2.Thunder bench is gonna be sick.Martin,lamb,maynor,collison and Jones III off the bench + Draft picks to add more talent? Lmao this squad gonna be a problem for years
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    I like Harden and I think he's a good piece for the Rockets after finally hoarding assets for all these years. However......These ? gave up more for Harden then ? had to give up for Dwight (as somebody in this thread already said.) I've made a bunch of threads about this idiot Morey needing to be fired, this is just more proof.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CopperKing wrote: »
    same thing happened with arista and the lakers a few years back ...? was feeling himself too much and they made him a few offers then let that ? walk...kevin martin has been good for a while though

Actually that was Trevor Ariza and he was feeling himself too much, notice he ain't did ? since leaving The Lakers.

• jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lamb, PJ, & Maynor are all question marks tho. You never know what you're gonna get from rookies, especially in the playoffs. KD is the perfect guy for Lamb to learn from tho.

Maynor? He'll get better as the season goes on. But from the jump, they'll struggle.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    lol ? said Arista

but na this is different...Ariza got way more money elsewhere than he would have from the Lakers.

Harden turned the Thunder and all those chances at rings for a total of 4.5 mil which would be about a 1mil per season. That shouldn't be ? for him especially factoring in having a chance to win or having to be jeremy lin's backcourt mate.

There has to be some Joe Johnson in him nh where he just wants his own team ? he's sick of being the 3rd guy.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Harden was the 3rd pick in the draft he's already made 13 mil and will make 20 mil of his rookie contract alone and has endorsements wit nike or champs sports

4-5 mil shouldn't of been nothin to duke.Winning rings or at least playing for titles>>> playing for a trash team
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ he wouldnt be playing for rings on okc, thunder is 4thth best team in west....nugs,lakers,clips
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    This dude's trolling knows no bounds.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmaoooo @ handing over the conference like KD just went down for the season

quiet as kept, i think Ibaka is a better player than Harden or at the very least close to bypassing him
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    I like Harden and I think he's a good piece for the Rockets after finally hoarding assets for all these years. However......These ? gave up more for Harden then ? had to give up for Dwight (as somebody in this thread already said.) I've made a bunch of threads about this idiot Morey needing to be fired, this is just more proof.

So you're really gonna compare one of the worst trades of all time with this trade? Hennigan should be fired for that trade and lets not forget they weren't getting the best possible package from ANY TEAM because dwight said he wouldn't resign anywhere but BK. Martin was leaving anyway and dallas pick is useless so once again, we just moved a POTENTIAL lottery pick(top 3 protected) and an unproven rookie(who I do think will be good) for James Harden. The trade is good for both teams period. Or should we have kept the dallas pick so we could have another pick between 14-20.. because thats worked out so well for us the last couple years...
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    martin cant play make like harden, but remember, maynor coming back this year too