BREAKING NEWS OKC JUST TRADED JAMES HARDEN TO THE ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kevin Martin went from the kings to Houston to OKC......fam is doing this as we speak

imager.php?id=4238202&t=o GIFSoup
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    James Harden tried to be like the opposite version of Martin.

Harden : " I ain't signing unless y'all pay the 5...

Then it backfired...
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    `X
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    The chemistry will be the biggest question.Im not a kevin martin fan at all duke sucks,but the thunder had to do what they had to do and they came up they gonna be a sustained problem for years.In 2015 the thunder vs bulls finals will be epic

This might shuffle the deck in the west and The clip set just took one step closer to the heat vs clippers match up we been waiting for

Don't you mean the Lakers?.. The clippers aint goin to the finals man...

HE MEANS D CLIPS
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't wait to hear Stephen a talk about this on monday
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dead @ chris broussard

James harden did freeze up i the finals the heat shut him down like when he tries to split teo defenders after the pick n roll even i see that ? ...i know durant mad
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Rockets tired of having the 14th pick n every draft
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Also: Rockets "only" put $25M apiece into Lin and Asik. Even after Harden max, they'll still be in good $ shape & can be players next summer

That'll work.....
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Also: Rockets "only" put $25M apiece into Lin and Asik. Even after Harden max, they'll still be in good $ shape & can be players next summer

That'll work.....

Big Al or Millsap from Utah would be a good fit
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't believe this dude didnt resign over a $5 Million and change on a $55 Million dollar contract. ? are getting dumber by the day.
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a good move for the Thunder long term. Their bench rotation will be a little suspect this year. Who goes to the bench Thabo or Martin? They may need to have Martin come off the bench just to get better points off the bench. You can't count on anyone on their bench to provide points if Thabo doesn't start.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The Rockets are a dumb team paying $60 mill for Harden (Lin and Asik also received contracts) who isn't worth that type of money. Secondly, Kevin Martin is one of the best of the screen shooters in the league opponents defense will collapse on Westbrook/Durant driving to the lane and Martin will make them pay most def better spot up shooter than Harden. But Sam Presti didn't waste no time he got better value instead of loosing him to free agency. Plus they get Jeremy Lamb who has potential to be a really good player along with Perry Jones both guys are on rookie contract for the next two years so they save money there along with future draft pick. Good move by Presti.

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    LOL @ y'all thinking this is good for the Thunder. A 6'5'' SF/SG rookie and Martin? LMAO! First off, the rookie won't and shouldn't see any minutes, and secondly, James Harden is 100 times better than Martin. Martin's a volume shooter who is an above average 3pt shooter and a good free throw shooter, but every other facet of his game is garbage. Plus he's injury prone.

Not to mention, Harden has made HUGE improvements year after year. Chances are he was going to be a much more efficient player after the whole Finals and Olympic experience.

In sum, Thunder ? up big time with this ? .
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    LOL @ y'all thinking this is good for the Thunder. A 6'5'' PF/SF rookie and Martin? LMAO! First off, the rookie won't and shouldn't see any minutes, and secondly, James Harden is 100 times better than Martin. Martin's a volume shooter who is an above average 3pt shooter and a good free throw shooter, but every other facet of his game is garbage. Plus he's injury prone.

Not to mention, Harden has made HUGE improvements year after year. Chances are he was going to be a much more efficient player after the whole Finals and Olympic experience.

Who is the 6"5 PF/SF your referring to if it is Lamb your wrong...did you watch Lamb play college ball at all? Never ever played PF.

Secondly, how did Harden make huge improvements when his numbers starting while KD was out were almost the same as when he came off the bench? Also in the finals he didn't show up when OKC really needed him.

Furthermore, the Miami Heat exposed the formula to shutting him. Majority of his points came off the pick and roll or with the ball in his hands they played the screens well and forced him into being a jump shooter something he isn't. He didn't show up in the finals at all if he did the series would have went 6-7 games easily. With that being said he can put up 21, 5 and 3 on the Rockets.

With Lamb, Perry Jones and those future draft considerations OKC will be stacked with young promising players for years.

OKC roster looks like:

Westbrook|Maynor
    Sefelosha|Martin
    Durant|JLamb
    Ibaka|PJIII
    Perkins|Collinson

• gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ y'all thinking this is good for the Thunder. A 6'5'' PF/SF rookie and Martin? LMAO! First off, the rookie won't and shouldn't see any minutes, and secondly, James Harden is 100 times better than Martin. Martin's a volume shooter who is an above average 3pt shooter and a good free throw shooter, but every other facet of his game is garbage. Plus he's injury prone.

so lamb is a sf/pf.. wtf are u talking bout.. he's a legit sg in the nba.. 1st or 2nd best @ his postion in the draft
    99.9 % chance hes the starter in 2yrs
  • gucci7383
    gucci7383 Members Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    espn insider
    Why Harden and not Ibaka?
    The fact Harden didn't get a max extension stands out against the fact that Serge Ibaka got a four-year, $51 million deal weeks earlier. But this comes down to trade value and position.

First: position. The Thunder already have a dominant wing player in Kevin Durant, and in the long term Oklahoma City probably preferred to pair him with a defense-and-3s type like, say, Jeremy Lamb, than with another scorer. As we saw in the NBA Finals last year, Harden can't match up against elite wing players, and if you're going to line up Westbrook-Harden-Durant on the perimeter, somebody has to.

And then there's trade value. If you were going to trade one of Harden or Ibaka, Harden would get a much greater haul.

Why Harden and not Westbrook?
    This is a deeper question. Point guard is an easy position to fill cheaply, and plus-minus aficionados would argue Harden is the more valuable of the two players. Harden would also be less expensive -- by a lot this season, and by a little in the following seasons, but always less.

Inevitably, however, the wing-wing issue comes up again with Harden and Durant. It's one thing to play that way with LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, both of whom are capable of shutdown defense. But for the Thunder a wing stopper who can make 3s -- again, like Lamb -- was a better fit long-term. (Not a better player, mind you. But a better fit.) And now they've reset the clock at this position by having Lamb for four years on a rookie contract.
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options

Long term we will have to see but Harden will be lucky to make the playoffs in Houston. Harden is good but he is not that good. I can't blame Houston for reaching for Harden there is a lack of good SG's in the league so teams are overpaying for them. Long term this puts the Thunder in position to get more players to play a role to get them back to the championship competing multiple years. All the Thunder have to do is draft smart or flip the picks for a reserve role player especially a big. I think the Thunder was smart because he could have walked for nothing or waited to the deadline and then Harden has more leverage.

Oklahoma City sent Harden center Cole Aldrich and forwards Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward to Houston.

Aldrich: Hasn't done anything and has not developed at all at this point, not even a rotation player worthy at this point
    Cook: Good shooter but not anyone that will make or break your squad
    Hayward: Not a rotation player just sent to make the numbers add up lol
    Harden: Good pick and roll player 3pt shooter and attacking the basket but not a great mid range shooter.

The Thunder acquired guards Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick in the surprising deal

Martin: Suspect defense good shooter probably gives them a guy to come off the screens instead of just pick and rolls and isolation like Harden
    Two first round draft picks: This is the best part they got two firsts. They just need an average big man that can score from inside and I say they probably can win a title in two years. They may flip these picks for a player they have way more options now.
    Lamb: Rookie will have to see how he develops he is not ready to ? the rotation but we will see after the allstar break. He can really create his own shot but is probably two years from really doing something serious. I say Thunder won this on paper but lets see what they do in a few years with the picks.
    Second round pick: ehh that is a throw in they will probably be a project or Euro pick but again long term we are talking. This pick might turnaround and come over when KD, and Westbrook are in their prime.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited October 2012
    Options

Who is the 6"5 PF/SF your referring to if it is Lamb your wrong...did you watch Lamb play college ball at all? Never ever played PF.

Secondly, how did Harden make huge improvements when his numbers starting while KD was out were almost the same as when he came off the bench? Also in the finals he didn't show up when OKC really needed him.

Furthermore, the Miami Heat exposed the formula to shutting him. Majority of his points came off the pick and roll or with the ball in his hands they played the screens well and forced him into being a jump shooter something he isn't. He didn't show up in the finals at all if he did the series would have went 6-7 games easily. With that being said he can put up 21, 5 and 3 on the Rockets.

With Lamb, Perry Jones and those future draft considerations OKC will be stacked with young promising players for years.

OKC roster looks like:

Westbrook|Maynor
    Sefelosha|Martin
    Durant|JLamb
    Ibaka|PJIII
    Perkins|Collinson

Yeah I was thinking of a different player. Never mind what I said about Lamb being a PF, but dude is still a role player at best. Him being a wing player basically solidifies his minutes being slim to none. Also, yeah I saw him play a little bit, he's NOT ready at all.

Harden has made huge improvements year after year. Everyone watching can tell that the James Harden today is not the same player that he was last year and the year before. You're lying to yourself if you don't think he's breaking into his own.

09-10: 9.9ppg 1.8apg 3.2rpg 40% FG 23MPG
    10-11: 12.2ppg 2.1apg 3.1rpg 44% FG 27MPG
    11-12: 16.8ppg 3.7apg 4.1rpg 49% FG 31MPG

Lol @ the Miami Heat having the blueprint to shutting him down. Dude was obviously nervous and shook on some Lebron vs. the Mavs ? . Obviously dun will learn from his mistakes and come back and much better player.

That lineup is just good, not great. I don't see how they even make it out of the west with that roster, let along a championship. ... and who the ? cares about the future, we're talking about right now. Too many what-ifs affect the future.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    According to Bill Simmons Harden can get up to Kobe money from the Rockets
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    man, quiet as kept ibaka disappeared in da finals also. lets not forget that

also cut the BS, its a huge difference in $$$$
    4 years and 52 million

5 years - 80 million in Texas where there is nooo state tax

shouts to harden, he did what was best for him, he has his whole career to get a ring. cant blame a 22 year old for going for da cash
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    gucci7383 wrote: »

so lamb is a sf/pf.. wtf are u talking bout.. he's a legit sg in the nba.. 1st or 2nd best @ his postion in the draft
    99.9 % chance hes the starter in 2yrs

Yeah, my mistake on the positions, I was thinking of someone else... but with that said Lamb will definitely not start on the Thunder in 2 years. Chances are they'll keep him in the 2nd string for the rest of his career.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited October 2012
    Options
    thagame wrote: »

Long term we will have to see but Harden will be lucky to make the playoffs in Houston. Harden is good but he is not that good. I can't blame Houston for reaching for Harden there is a lack of good SG's in the league so teams are overpaying for them. Long term this puts the Thunder in position to get more players to play a role to get them back to the championship competing multiple years. All the Thunder have to do is draft smart or flip the picks for a reserve role player especially a big. I think the Thunder was smart because he could have walked for nothing or waited to the deadline and then Harden has more leverage.

Oklahoma City sent Harden center Cole Aldrich and forwards Daequan Cook and Lazar Hayward to Houston.

Aldrich: Hasn't done anything and has not developed at all at this point, not even a rotation player worthy at this point
    Cook: Good shooter but not anyone that will make or break your squad
    Hayward: Not a rotation player just sent to make the numbers add up lol
    Harden: Good pick and roll player 3pt shooter and attacking the basket but not a great mid range shooter.

The Thunder acquired guards Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb, two first-round picks and a second-round pick in the surprising deal

Martin: Suspect defense good shooter probably gives them a guy to come off the screens instead of just pick and rolls and isolation like Harden
    Two first round draft picks: This is the best part they got two firsts. They just need an average big man that can score from inside and I say they probably can win a title in two years. They may flip these picks for a player they have way more options now.
    Lamb: Rookie will have to see how he develops he is not ready to ? the rotation but we will see after the allstar break. He can really create his own shot but is probably two years from really doing something serious. I say Thunder won this on paper but lets see what they do in a few years with the picks.
    Second round pick: ehh that is a throw in they will probably be a project or Euro pick but again long term we are talking. This pick might turnaround and come over when KD, and Westbrook are in their prime.

But why are they thinking about the future when they're good enough to win now? Y'all acting like this is one of those old teams or something. No, this is the Thunder who's core is 2 superstar players in their low 20s. They don't need 1st round picks and rookie/prospects. They need veterans who will help their 2nd string out, and I'm talking veterans who bring something to the table like an Andre Miller.

And personally, I think they should have waited till the deadline because there's no question they could have got a better deal. Like I said before... Lamb is a prospect who I see peaking at role player status, and Martin is an injury prone chuck. They lost a potential star for a bunch of question marks.

? , I'm not even sure Martin should start. I have a feeling they're going to put him in that 6th man role and let Sef start because I can't see Durant being happy with Westbrook and Martin taking all those shots, when he's suppose to be the focus.
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao at Harden turning down OKC offer. This ? aint ? , the nerve of him. Jokes on Houston