BREAKING NEWS OKC JUST TRADED JAMES HARDEN TO THE ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If teams try to double kd or trap Westbrook, kevin martin and lamb can shoot mid range to the 3pt line...and both of those draft picks are probably gonna be in the lottery
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn at having the basketball in your hands wanting to dump the ball in the post and you look up and see Omer Asik with his hand raised up ......?

good luck Harden nobody deserves that type of evil.

yea cuz thats better than him looking to dump it into Perkins or ibaka
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    harden was reason okc beat spurs
  • tha bause
    tha bause Members Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn at having the basketball in your hands wanting to dump the ball in the post and you look up and see Omer Asik with his hand raised up ......?

Learned that in the playoffs when Noah went out. Dude played like trash when he had to start

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    icks86 wrote: »

No but they could be a team that'll win multiple championships in the future!!!

MUMO IS THAT YOU?!
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options

You're right Omer Asik > Ibaka

what was i thinking
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smart move to trade harden for martin but dumb move to give up future drafts being that okc still has a young team with durant and westbrook.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    Options
    allied wrote: »
    Initial reaction I think this is a terrible trade for OKC. I don't think it's a upgrade and you don't make a trade like this when you're a contender and the season is gonna start next week. You wait until the trade deadline you probably would've gotten more. Definitely amateur hour in OKC's front office tonite.

I disagree I think its better to make the deal now so they have more than a couple months to play together and build chemistry, plus there not doing better than that, depending on how good Lamb can be in his first year they potentially can be a better team with Martin and Lamb than they were with Harden, Martin is as good if not a better scorer than Harden, people keep saying how is Martin going to guard Kobe, I'm thinking how dangerous Durant, Westbrook and Martin on the floor at the same time will be, plus I doubt they will give him that responsibilty of covering Kobe, then throw in the two first round picks one being most likely a lottery pick, there only going to get younger and better, so there just as good potentially better now, their still building for the future, and financially it makes sense, I give Okc an A+ on the deal

You give them an A+ but here's the question. Going into a season where your a legit contender for a 'ship. You trade your 3rd best scorer who has proven he can play in your system and is one of the best 6th men in the league for someone who just puts up big numbers on bad teams. Will kevin martin be able to play with KD and Westbrook?That remains to be seen. Ist round picks can be hit or miss. You don't know whoever OKC drafts will either be a contribute or a bust. I'm not saying Harden can't be replaced but I wouldn't have done it right before the season starts for someone like Kevin Martin. I don't think this is a good trade for OKC. And I'm not looking at the 1st round picks that won't do a thing to help the Thunder get out the west this year or next year.
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're right Omer Asik > Ibaka

what was i thinking

haha that ? is just as trash of of post player
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ? want a Team to trade Harden when THEY want them to ..Lmao , not when the Organization wants to but when they want them traded....lol aight

im pretty sure by just looking at OKC they know what the ? they're doing
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    When you got Ibaka and Perkins, you don't need another big man. Kevin Martin as an additional shooter with Durant and Westbrook will be a good look on that teams. Everybody on Houston sucks so Harden will probably be their best player anyway.

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The BDB wrote: »
    From lurking the Thunder's message board it's about 60-40 against the trade.

That's cause he was a fan favorite. Only thing OKC lawst is a ? with a nappy rick ross beard and one less Urkel dressing azz nikka.

I was ready to call Harden a bust until 2010. I love this trade. If just one of those draft picks turns bout to be decent or better and Lamb and Martin combine for about 15-25 a game, it's a easy win for OKC.

A "win now" team is a team with a bunch of old ? and washed up all-stars teaming up with a big name players in their prime just to overcome a team like OKC that's led by 3 nikkas barely old enough to drink.

Hell, you could argue if Durant or Westbrook are even in their primes yet.

My ? Presti.

Just make sure you tossed that strap in the storm drain afterward, bruh.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    Forgot the Rockets had Royce White also , that ? might try and Convince Harden to walk to away games with him or take smart cars instead of Flying
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Idk about this trade for the Rockets. Ill take the wait and see approach.
  • deemula420
    deemula420 Members Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought it was a bad trade at first but after thinking about it i can see why they made it

I mean harden was prolly gone leave after this year so why not trade him get 1st round draft picks, an expiring contract, a young rookie and trade a piece that was gone leave to a team that isnt a contender. sounds smart to me now we just have to wait it out and see if the trade was really all worth it in return
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That's cause he was a fan favorite. Only thing OKC lawst is a ? with a nappy rick ross beard and one less Urkel dressing azz nikka.

I was ready to call Harden a bust until 2010. I love this trade. If just one of those draft picks turns bout to be decent or better and Lamb and Martin combine for about 15-25 a game, it's a easy win for OKC.

A "win now" team is a team with a bunch of old ? and washed up all-stars teaming up with a big name players in their prime just to overcome a team like OKC that's led by 3 nikkas barely old enough to drink.

My ? Presti.

Yeah I could tell that, half the people had him either in the avi or sig up there..

I basically look at the trade in two parts. For the present it's a cool trade, but a great trade for the future.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jeremy Lin is going to take Houston to the championship

2013 champs
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The chemistry will be the biggest question.Im not a kevin martin fan at all duke sucks,but the thunder had to do what they had to do and they came up they gonna be a sustained problem for years.In 2015 the thunder vs bulls finals will be epic

This might shuffle the deck in the west and The clip set just took one step closer to the heat vs clippers match up we been waiting for

• G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    martin is a good scorer but on bad teams, streaky shooter and a liability on D
    he's simply not the impact player that harden is on both ends.......

idk man looks to me like the thunder are going to be pulling some more moves
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My ? Presti.

after just one year? we see why you're not a gm

and did u wipe your mouth after all this nutt guzzling of a gm that hasn't won ? yet?
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

My ? Presti.

Yeah I could tell that, half the people had him either in the avi or sig up there..

I basically look at the trade in two parts. For the present it's a cool trade, but a great trade for the future.

The bold is basically the definition of a front office's job description when it comes to contracts and transactions.

Presti plans on being employed and making millions in the league long after KD is retired, fat, and giving tired analysis on NBAtv.

A young GM and team don't pad it's franchise resume by mortgaging the future of a team for a inconsistent 6th man. A trade like this prevents us from having to go out and trade the farm for a 35 year old Chris Paul or washed up Blake Griffin years from now to team up with Durant desperate for a ring.

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Initial reaction I think this is a terrible trade for OKC. I don't think it's a upgrade and you don't make a trade like this when you're a contender and the season is gonna start next week. You wait until the trade deadline you probably would've gotten more. Definitely amateur hour in OKC's front office tonite.

I disagree I think its better to make the deal now so they have more than a couple months to play together and build chemistry, plus there not doing better than that, depending on how good Lamb can be in his first year they potentially can be a better team with Martin and Lamb than they were with Harden, Martin is as good if not a better scorer than Harden, people keep saying how is Martin going to guard Kobe, I'm thinking how dangerous Durant, Westbrook and Martin on the floor at the same time will be, plus I doubt they will give him that responsibilty of covering Kobe, then throw in the two first round picks one being most likely a lottery pick, there only going to get younger and better, so there just as good potentially better now, their still building for the future, and financially it makes sense, I give Okc an A+ on the deal

You give them an A+ but here's the question. Going into a season where your a legit contender for a 'ship. You trade your 3rd best scorer who has proven he can play in your system and is one of the best 6th men in the league for someone who just puts up big numbers on bad teams. Will kevin martin be able to play with KD and Westbrook?That remains to be seen. Ist round picks can be hit or miss. You don't know whoever OKC drafts will either be a contribute or a bust. I'm not saying Harden can't be replaced but I wouldn't have done it right before the season starts for someone like Kevin Martin. I don't think this is a good trade for OKC. And I'm not looking at the 1st round picks that won't do a thing to help the Thunder get out the west this year or next year.

I see what your saying but Harden isnt worth basically 3 picks counting lamb as the 12th pick in this years draft and a great offensive talent, I doubt theres another team capable or willing to give up that much for Harden, plus without the amount of picks they have now and KMarts expiring contract (I think this is his last year on the contract) they are in position to make another huge deal come deadline if KMart dont work out in Okc, but Harden had to go and theres not a lot of teams that would be willing to give up valuable assets and overpay for Harden, to me its a no brainer
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SN: Chris Broussard top 5 most unintentionally funny dudes alive.
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmfao... somebody need to find that thread where dude was talking about OKC keeping all their talent and winning 6 rings or better with Ibaka, Harden, KD, and Russell. OKC waited for homie to look a little bit average and booted him and his neck fro out of town.