SMDH

Options

Comments

• SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ptnutz wrote: »
    They don't believe in equality, they believe women should rule.

As many ? times as Lil Loca and I said we don't want to rule anydamnbody you still out chea putting words in our posts lmao. You're right (for once), letting it go is the right thing to do because you've proven yourself incapable and incompetent of simple reading and comprehension. Y'all continue to swang from each others ? though because you wouldn't stand a chance in a debate with equal participants of non-submissive women.

Lil Loca wrote: »
    What some men and anti-feminist women don't understand is that in relationships, we don't want to control or walk over our men. We just want to be considered equal partners in the decision making process and taken seriously as their counterparts.
    Precisely!!! I have not the slightest desire to walk over or control my man. That's disrespectful and I definitely wouldn't allow it to happen to myself so I wouldn't do that to him. I don't need to be led, guided, or any of that damsel in distress bull shitocky, though. If you look at me as your equal and not someone you need to be a head over then I can rock with ya. Equality>>>

1zyzr6b.jpg

^^^? you didn't read to begin with, obviously. All this "my mother taught me well" ? and you still can't read worth an almighty damn. 99% of the men in here need to go "submit" themselves unto the education system.
  • SixSickSins
    SixSickSins Members Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll leave this here.. seems appropriate..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZHObW7iUus

I shall also bequeath a video to this thread..."seems appropriate"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHGt3J2VO6k
  • BabyBugatti
    BabyBugatti Members Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yuh cee mudafocars. end yal'all tri say is dum, i inspya gr8 convacationz.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'll leave this here.. seems appropriate..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZHObW7iUus

I shall also bequeath a video to this thread..."seems appropriate"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHGt3J2VO6k

LOL WTF...

...I read two novels by Donald Goines btw. Whoreson and White Man's Justice, Black Man's Grief.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    english translation:

"You see, ? ... and you all try to say I am dumb. I inspire great conversations. "
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I thought of the african dude from Next Friday when I read this lol. "Yu look like da playa hater who sold me dis shiet"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIfZjtXGCbo
  • MissK
    MissK Members Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    english translation:

"You see, ? ... and you all try to say I am dumb. I inspire great conversations. "

Thank u Sleep I was like wtf and gave up...

• UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Lol@the nuclear family and housewife not existing before slavery...

The concept of the nuclear family came about in the early 19th century, as did the housewife.

Both were concepts/products of conservative thinking.

i think i see what youre trying to say here but nah luv you wrong on this one
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    So besides sexual liberation which does nothing for children and it actually risky due to STD's, what does matriarchy promote that can build a society that can not get trampled over from another society. Under patriarchy we had inventions, industrial breakthroughs, scientific breakthroughs etc I have no doubt that women possess the same capabilities in fact a woman invented the synthesis of creating petroleum. Anyway I feel that there is good or bad to patriarchy or matriarchy based on the underlying factor that they are people based and as we all know through interacting with people, that people are terribly flawed.

Under patriarchy, you have war, destructive capitalism, racial hierarchies, classism, slavery, environmental degradation and other forms of oppression.

It's basically a system of ? and ? people over.

As for the alternatives that matriarchy could provide, I couldn't tell you, since there are no recorded unambiguous matriarchies on record. I'm just talking about how I think people could learn from the time when we had Goddess religions that promoted acceptance and respecting humanity.

Why you would think patriarchy is productive and better for the world, I have no idea.

There actually are some matriarchal societies that do exist, they have been studied and recorded...all the ? you're talking about happens due to patriarchy is simply attempts to maintain power. You think women in power wouldn't fight just as hard to maintain their position? A person in power is going to have their position challenged...you think simply being in a matriarchal society will prevent that? Or lessen the things a person will go through to get that power? Women now already can't work together at ? Macy's w/o tearing each other's head off over who sells the most perfume a month...

This is how I know you don't do your research. Most anthropologists agree that there are no known unambiguous matriarchies recorded. The only "matriarchy" that has been recorded was in the Iroquois tribe where mothers exercised central political roles.

However, women centered societies, as opposed to matriarchies, are largely egalitarian, as discovered by researchers, as opposed to patriarchy.

And if women "can't" work together, as you exaggeratedly make it seem, it's because living in a sexist society puts women directly in competition with each other. Again, that's basically an essential feature of patriarchy--the social order wants women to be hostile and show animosity towards each other instead of unity. Women are more likely to want to please men and gain their approval.

Lmao @ I don't do my research...my job is to do research and seeing as how I actually see and know how to apply these sociological concepts you often spout off in your posts to the real world as opposed to having just read them in some Bell Hooks article. Again you say you're arguing for an equal society but all you're doing is arguing for a 180 to be done. If you weren't you wouldn't be advocating ? like goddess worship or anything that would, even perception wise, put one gender over the other. You'd be advocating for a religious structure where the deity has no defined gender, only morals and characteristics for it's followers to emulate.

This competition you speak of in society men deal with it every day on nearly every level from jobs, to education, to even pursuing, getting, and keeping your spouse. So if this form of competition is too much for women to handle and turns them against each other, that again furthers women away from being men's equal's because they can't handle it as well as we do. You're a terrible advocate for feminism, all you're doing is giving people more arguments as to why women shouldn't be held to equal standing in society. Competition is a feature of society EVERYWHERE not just in a male dominate society. You think by removing patriarchy that will remove the competitive nature of people to do better, want better, and be better than the next person? That's a survival instinct that will never be done away with.
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    Options
    So besides sexual liberation which does nothing for children and it actually risky due to STD's, what does matriarchy promote that can build a society that can not get trampled over from another society. Under patriarchy we had inventions, industrial breakthroughs, scientific breakthroughs etc I have no doubt that women possess the same capabilities in fact a woman invented the synthesis of creating petroleum. Anyway I feel that there is good or bad to patriarchy or matriarchy based on the underlying factor that they are people based and as we all know through interacting with people, that people are terribly flawed.

Under patriarchy, you have war, destructive capitalism, racial hierarchies, classism, slavery, environmental degradation and other forms of oppression.

It's basically a system of ? and ? people over.

As for the alternatives that matriarchy could provide, I couldn't tell you, since there are no recorded unambiguous matriarchies on record. I'm just talking about how I think people could learn from the time when we had Goddess religions that promoted acceptance and respecting humanity.

Why you would think patriarchy is productive and better for the world, I have no idea.

There actually are some matriarchal societies that do exist, they have been studied and recorded...all the ? you're talking about happens due to patriarchy is simply attempts to maintain power. You think women in power wouldn't fight just as hard to maintain their position? A person in power is going to have their position challenged...you think simply being in a matriarchal society will prevent that? Or lessen the things a person will go through to get that power? Women now already can't work together at ? Macy's w/o tearing each other's head off over who sells the most perfume a month...

This is how I know you don't do your research. Most anthropologists agree that there are no known unambiguous matriarchies recorded. The only "matriarchy" that has been recorded was in the Iroquois tribe where mothers exercised central political roles.

However, women centered societies, as opposed to matriarchies, are largely egalitarian, as discovered by researchers, as opposed to patriarchy.

And if women "can't" work together, as you exaggeratedly make it seem, it's because living in a sexist society puts women directly in competition with each other. Again, that's basically an essential feature of patriarchy--the social order wants women to be hostile and show animosity towards each other instead of unity. Women are more likely to want to please men and gain their approval.

nah luv ... you off on this one. but youre on the right track. youre just not "there" yet
  • DMTxTHC
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Don't ya'll believe Eve was from created from Adam's rib, or some ? ?.. I expect the big piece of chicken when I get home from a hard days work.. that's all I'm saying..

Actually, in Jewish folklore, Adam had another wife before Eve named Lilith. Apparently, she didn't follow his orders, had a mind of her own, and liked it on top. Eventually, she bounced from the Garden of Eden, leaving Adam high and dry like the lame he was. So ? then made Eve, who was perfectly subservient.

There's too much fuckery going on in Judeo-Christian faith.

Well damn.. I never knew this.. good drop..
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't ya'll believe Eve was from created from Adam's rib, or some ? ?.. I expect the big piece of chicken when I get home from a hard days work.. that's all I'm saying..

Actually, in Jewish folklore, Adam had another wife before Eve named Lilith. Apparently, she didn't follow his orders, had a mind of her own, and liked it on top. Eventually, she bounced from the Garden of Eden, leaving Adam high and dry like the lame he was. So ? then made Eve, who was perfectly subservient.

well they changed the bibles contents at least 7 times, there is bound to be ? in there
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ptnutz wrote: »
    They don't believe in equality, they believe women should rule.
    Y'all continue to swang from each others ? though because you wouldn't stand a chance in a debate with equal participants of non-submissive women.

rofl @ a woman beating me in a logical coherent debate about anything non-culinary related
    7e8.jpg
  • BabyBugatti
    edited November 2012
    Options
    we had a mahusive argument on the phone last night, nothing to do with submission btw.
    he hung up the phone on me,and when i tried calling him back he didnt pick up!
    i was like let me call u again and dont ? pick up then watch what happens.
    I CALLED HE AINT PICK UP, so now when his ? ass call me in a day or 2 i wontpick up, 7-10 days i will not pick up. i Know he hates that ? . ? wanna play games with me? let the ? games begin.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    playing games = unnecessary relationship chaos. good luck tho
  • BabyBugatti
    Options
    well the goal is 14days,but i know i wont last. gotta figure out how to make just his calls come on my phone as silent, imma google that ? .
  • Bookworm
    Bookworm Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    we had a mahusive argument on the phone last night, nothing to do with submission btw.
    he hung up the phone on me,and when i tried calling him back he didnt pick up!
    i was like let me call u again and dont ? pick up then watch what happens.
    I CALLED HE AINT PICK UP, so now when his ? ass call me in a day or 2 i wontpick up, 7-10 days i will not pick up. i Know he hates that ? . ? wanna play games with me? let the ? games begin.

Both you guys are being petty. Your relationship won't last very long this way.
  • BabyBugatti
    Options
    freehuey89 wrote: »
    playing games = unnecessary relationship chaos. good luck tho
    BRA u thank i like playing games? i called like 3 times, THREE TIMES.

fecking hell this man is starting to get on my damn nervvveeesssssss, i swear fo gawd if i aint like him so much, i swear foo gawwwdddd

• ReppinTime
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lmao @ I don't do my research...my job is to do research and seeing as how I actually see and know how to apply these sociological concepts you often spout off in your posts to the real world

Exactly. ? sounds like she just started her first university level history course, spouting off a bunch of topics erroneously when she clearly has no depth of knowledge on them, and thats the generous interpretation. The much more likely one is just that shes a typical delusional ? trying to twist the little bit of fact she knows to support her brainwashed uninformed opinions.
    as opposed to having just read them in some Bell Hooks article. Again you say you're arguing for an equal society but all you're doing is arguing for a 180 to be done. If you weren't you wouldn't be advocating ? like goddess worship or anything that would, even perception wise, put one gender over the other. You'd be advocating for a religious structure where the deity has no defined gender, only morals and characteristics for it's followers to emulate.

This competition you speak of in society men deal with it every day on nearly every level from jobs, to education, to even pursuing, getting, and keeping your spouse. So if this form of competition is too much for women to handle and turns them against each other, that again furthers women away from being men's equal's because they can't handle it as well as we do. You're a terrible advocate for feminism, all you're doing is giving people more arguments as to why women shouldn't be held to equal standing in society. Competition is a feature of society EVERYWHERE not just in a male dominate society. You think by removing patriarchy that will remove the competitive nature of people to do better, want better, and be better than the next person? That's a survival instinct that will never be done away with.

lol she played herself this entire thread. damn near every post she made contained arguments against her own point. One second its "we need to switch from a patriarchal society to a matriarchal society", then its "there are no known unambiguous matriarchies recorded."...well gotdamn you fat ? if you want to switch to a system that by your words has no record of ever even existing successfully, why dont we all just make some ? up and run naked in the streets ? on lawns. just like a ? propagandist, all they want is chaos so long as people let them ? each other. Just further proof they mutants with no concern for the species, it all boils down to what they want, ? everybody else.
  • BabyBugatti
    Options
    ok imma tell yall the argument, so yall know we see each otherlikeee once a week max right? and if we see each other every 2 weeks its for like 3/4 days in a row
    Now when i was jobless and in school, this was a decent arrangement, i got friday off so id go there for 3 days, sometimes come home on tues..whatevvveerrrr but since i got a J.O.B its been real hard cos alot of my free time i be working and he started complaining and is always like you should take time off to see me blahblah, so magically in a twist of faith i wasnt booked in for work on monday, tues, weds, and i usually have uni on mon/tues but dont this week and i have weds off anyways, so im like ohh shiittt i got 3 free days lemme go see my boo.
    i call him like ok iz free so iz gon come. he like yea suree then he like oh wait you mean monday? like 2 days from now monday? nooo i caint do it iz busy i got school ? to do blahblah im likkee sooooo when i haveschool ? to do and u basically guilt trip me into coming to see u its ok, but when u got school ? its diff?! he like well ur a first year student, yall really dont do ? (this is kinda true cos ure first year doesnt count towards u degree but you stiill got ? 5,000 word essays and ? ) he like im last year so this ? extra important, im thinkin what a ? hypocrite, im like whatever ? go have fun with your 'circoc boys' (thats what they call em round where there from, cos they be in the club making it rain ciroc- HOW ? LAME ARE U LIKE 13? 'CIROC BOYS) then he gets mad cos hes like its nothing to do with that its school, im like whateverz then the argument escalates, i mention ciroc boys again hes like seriously dont mention that again- its getting me mad....so what do i do?
    C-I-R-O-C-B-O-Y-S.
  • DMTxTHC
    Options
    I browsed through half of the pages of this thread.. and I was amused...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Bruh she will warp anything to give it a faux feminist twist... She doesnt have a grasp of the basic concepts she's supposed to b against... It's rather amusing...
  • ReppinTime
    edited November 2012
    Options
    3. Competition is a direct result from patriarchy. If women are competitive, it's because they've been socialized in our society to accept that as a value.

lol and ? just sitting at they keyboard eating this ? up smh. absolutely no point in talking to people this dumb.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

The story of Lilith is pretty much repeated in the Bible in every instance of a woman being the downfall of a man. They just eliminated the Lillith name and retold the story various times through other characters in the Bible
This discussion has been closed.