I See More Evidence That Makes Me Question Gods Existence

Options

Comments

• NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you dont fully understand a concept, you can't rule out it's existence..if a being is as powerful and mighty as one would believe, it would be impossible to completely grasp a full understanding of it's existence and purpose..to blame the actions of a mortal being on a force unseen seems foolish and weak..
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i never understood that -assuming there is a ? -which i believe there is...what's so hard about the concept that ? is the creator/watcher--not the decider

14616d1347300332-knott-named-big-12-defensive-player-week-applause.gif

I can't even hate on this post.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    100 Prime wrote: »
    CracceR wrote: »
    plocc wrote: »
    They say ? is omnipotent. That means he knew this was gonna happen.
    since when did "knowing it was gonna happen" mean "it was his will"... i love how people love to ignore the fact that the devil exists and blames everything bad happens on ? ..

a serial killer is loose and kills 10 people.. all the people who dont know what they talking about always got the most to say and get to blaming ? like He made that man go do what he did.

you talk about this stuff as if it really exists
    thats cool i envy ur blind faith
    the great thing about ? .. is that even if you dont believe Him.. Hes still there regardless.

ooh :-O

so whos right christians, jewz, muzlimz, buddhists, hindus, scientology, orthodox christians, janism, taoism, or them ole egyptians, greeks, romans?

not this again.... :-O

again? :-O
    again i envy ur blind faith, keep up the good work b
  • Premeer
    Premeer Members Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    since when did "knowing it was gonna happen" mean "it was his will"... i love how people love to ignore the fact that the devil exists and blames everything bad happens on ? ..

a serial killer is loose and kills 10 people.. all the people who dont know what they talking about always got the most to say and get to blaming ? like He made that man go do what he did.
    no ? doesn't make people do things...but it's suspect when a supposedly omnibenevolent being creates evil.
    He didnt create evil, satan turned on ? . which brings us, why we're here.

word? ? didn't know it would happen & created satan anyway? either ? is omnipotent, omniscient & omnibenevolent or he isn't. take your pick cuz it can't be all 3.

did ? not give him a mind of his own? was satan not the most powerful angel? did he not feel empowered because of that? therefore, felt entitled to not do certain things he was asked to do? so his pride wouldnt let him do them, refused, and challenged ? for his thrown... i mean, the answers are out there, but you wont believe it cuz it aint nothing but a fairy tale.

have a good 1.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Droppin my 2cents.

First & foremost the tragic event that occurred was an act to where NO WORDS can describe it. May the children and the 6 adults who died rest eternally peaceful w/n ? 's presence.

If you're religious, then maybe this ? 's away to finally bringing the gun control issue to center stage. The last tragedies made folks talk about it, but nothing was done. But I have a feeling this one I feel will finally force Washington to act.

It's a sad day man.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

the great thing about ? .. is that even if you dont believe Him.. Hes still there regardless.

so whos right christians, jewz, muzlimz, buddhists, hindus, scientology, orthodox christians, janism, taoism, or them ole egyptians, greeks, romans?

They're all right in their own way. except for the scientology. completely man made. but anyways, its not so much the differing cultural perspectives that are true, its the archetypal concepts which deal with how creator interacts with creation. of course this fraction of a lense is severely tarnished by jaded, and unenlightened perspectives overtime used to control, but in the beginning of them all they were pure. for those with the eyes to see and the right karma, you can decipher the underlying message from the creator.

whether it is the Dao, the Good, the Dharma , Allah, or Yahweh. all of these representations of the one are meant for different peoples at different levels of understanding and karma. its impossible for 99.9% of people to even begin to contemplate how events fit into the overall will of ? . if it were as easy as some of you make it out to be the creator wouldnt be the omnipotent being he is, that he surely is :) for you to assume such things which you know nothing of, says volumes about how young your perspective is. none the less, you will learn, no matter how many lifetimes it'll take you ;)

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Droppin my 2cents.

First & foremost the tragic event that occurred was an act to where NO WORDS can describe it. May the children and the 6 adults who died rest eternally peaceful w/n ? 's presence.

If you're religious, then maybe this ? 's away to finally bringing the gun control issue to center stage. The last tragedies made folks talk about it, but nothing was done. But I have a feeling this one I feel will finally force Washington to act.

It's a sad day man.

you think this is about gun control? hmm... lets take a look at Mexico, what a change banning practically all firearms did for them.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you believe in "? " you HAVE to believe he created and lets evil happen. Either he is omnipotent and omniscient or he isn't. Stop hedging your bets.
  • rage
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »

They're all right in their own way. except for the scientology. completely man made. but anyways, its not so much the differing cultural perspectives that are true, its the archetypal concepts which deal with how creator interacts with creation. of course this fraction of a lense is severely tarnished by jaded, and unenlightened perspectives overtime used to control, but in the beginning of them all they were pure. for those with the eyes to see and the right karma, you can decipher the underlying message from the creator.

whether it is the Dao, the Good, the Dharma , Allah, or Yahweh. all of these representations of the one are meant for different peoples at different levels of understanding and karma. its impossible for 99.9% of people to even begin to contemplate how events fit into the overall will of ? . if it were as easy as some of you make it out to be the creator wouldnt be the omnipotent being he is, that he surely is :) for you to assume such things which you know nothing of, says volumes about how young your perspective is. none the less, you will learn, no matter how many lifetimes it'll take you ;)

Bwhahahhahha I love when religious people say stuff like this. Oh the hypocrisy!!!
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    If you believe in "? " you HAVE to believe he created and lets evil happen. Either he is omnipotent and omniscient or he isn't. Stop hedging your bets.

Not true... ? "lets" bad happen not cuz he created it but because he created man n his image and gave us da ability 2 choose 2 do evil if we want...

Also my question 2 yall religion haters... Why when yall say yall hate "religion" its all ways talkin bout christianity.... Its never towards muslims... Hindus... Or jewish people or buddist? Smh da internet has ? up some of yall heads...
  • rage
    Options
    Meroe wrote: »
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Droppin my 2cents.

It's a sad day man.

you think this is about gun control? hmm... lets take a look at Mexico, what a change banning practically all firearms did for them.

Or we could look at Australia, where they had 13 mass killings in 18 years before they implemented massive gun control reform in 1996 and since then haven't had any mass killings.
  • rage
    edited December 2012
    Options

Not true... ? "lets" bad happen not cuz he created it but because he created man n his image and gave us da ability 2 choose 2 do evil if we want...

Also my question 2 yall religion haters... Why when yall say yall hate "religion" its all ways talkin bout christianity.... Its never towards muslims... Hindus... Or jewish people or buddist? Smh da internet has ? up some of yall heads...

1 question did ? create everything or not?

Non-believers don't hate any one particular (although the Abrahamic version of it is a joke) religion. It's just a concept that is extremely outdated and dumb. It's essentially no different from early man believing volcanos and lightening were gods because they didn't know any better.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? smokes a blunt and watches us like seasons of True Blood,Boardwalk Empire,Breaking Bad, and The Wire

We're ? 's live action cable
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Just reading all that outlandish ? in the bible should make you question ? 's existence.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    What can ? do about it? ? could come down here like I said, but we'd ? him. He could inspire man to write about not doing these things, we wouldn't listen. ? could do a miracle and bring the kids back to life, we'd still not believe(and change our behavior). Aside from stripping man of his autonomy, what the ? is any ? suppose to do about the ? on this planet?
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »
    Just reading all that outlandish ? in the bible should make you question ? 's existence.

what u fail 2 realize is da bible honestly has less 2 do wit ? den u think.... jus cuz u dont believe n da stories dont mean he dont exist.. smh...
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    7fIG wrote: »

what u fail 2 realize is da bible honestly has less 2 do wit ? den u think.... jus cuz u dont believe n da stories dont mean he dont exist.. smh...

Have you ever been told that intelligent people ask questions ? That's basically the point.

If you can read about magical / miraculous ? happening and not question it, you might not be intelligent.
  • damobb2deep
    Options

1 question did ? create everything or not?

Non-believers don't hate any one particular (although the Abrahamic version of it is a joke) religion. It's just a concept that is extremely outdated and dumb. It's essentially no different from early man believing volcanos and lightening were gods because they didn't know any better.

how is believing n a higher being outdated... how is that dumb....
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christians give ? credit when good ? happen and blame bad ? on Satan, as if ? isn't more powerful and omni present than him. You create all things including the devil, which let's me know youre not all knowing.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options

It's towards Muslims too, but those ? tend to be a little crazy, so you have to step carefully...if you care about that kind of stuff.

As for Jews and Buddhist, they don't proselytize, so no one gives a ? about them.
    And there is the fact that the majority of people in America are Christian, so people are more familiar with that, and more likely to talk about Christianity.
  • death187sin
    death187sin Members Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think we are all part of something greater than we can imagine. It goes beyond our understanding.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The reason why ? get credit for all the good that happens is because all good things wouldn't be possible without him. He spoke that into existence plus He already gave us the good work to do in the first place, through his own word.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Christians give ? credit when good ? happen and blame bad ? on Satan, as if ? isn't more powerful and omni present than him. You create all things including the devil, which let's me know youre not all knowing.

Shut up ? you worship Jay Z
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The OP doesn't make much sense because it implies that ? only cares about the U.S. ? like this happens every day in countries the U.S. invades for their own personal reasons.

Secondly...
    If you dont fully understand a concept, you can't rule out it's existence..if a being is as powerful and mighty as one would believe, it would be impossible to completely grasp a full understanding of it's existence and purpose..to blame the actions of a mortal being on a force unseen seems foolish and weak..

This.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All bad things wouldn't happen without him either. He created lucifer and without evil we wouldn't know good.