It's crazy how Jay's the only NY rapper that never fell off

Options

Comments

• DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is that why jay been wack for the most part since 03,

He don't make music for everybody, I don't know nobody that ? with jay musically in this day and age except surburban white kids
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Wake me up when Life is Wood stops playing. You delusional and small time Nas fans seem to think Nas career or existence is relevant to where Jay is now. Nas is damn near a niche dapper now, jay out here opening doors for hiphop.

Nas can make a album like LIG because his fanbase ain't diverse,they're backpacker fans. Jay fanbase is way more diverse, from backpackers, club heads, radio heads, etc. He just doesn't make taps for ? who are stuck in 94

This ? ... LOL
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall can hit that feeling button all you want but you know Hats career has triumphed Nas. Got to burn knowing that jay has gotten the acclaim and success that he thought he deserved.

Don't day no ? like that doesn't mean ? to Nas either because he was whining about that on Life is Wood
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

He don't make music for everybody, I don't know nobody that ? with jay musically in this day and age except surburban white kids

Alot of surburban "white kids" are also black kids these days. The world has changed. Every culture is becoming more assimilated by generation, but that's a whole different topic.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to a Jay show, then go to a Nas show. I bet you Jay got a wider range of fans. Nas fans buy groceries from the gas station and bodega. Lol.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    I bet you nas got more ? at his show and I've seen both live so shut cha mouth
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    @usmain3 yo bruh ...

What's Hov's next (solo) album gonna be/talk about?

I assume you're in that ? power circle
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    I bet you nas got more ? at his show (which illustrates what I said)and I've seen both live before s you can't tell me ?
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    @usmarine

Like stated earlier, with your logic Lil Wayne is GOAT..... And he´s barely 30...
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »

Alot of surburban "white kids" are also black kids these days. The world has changed. Every culture is becoming more assimilated by generation, but that's a whole different topic.

yeah, the black kids today dress up like rock stars n all.
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    You can't talk logic with a stan goldie, its impossible
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Create a jay-z trend and it always do numbers. That alone shows you his relevance status.

Jay-z is still nice to me, he stop being a technical rapper really since RD. Why there is so much hate for Jay is beyond me.

He can still drop a solo album and it do numbers, funny thing if he puts out a hood album ? going to be like "why is jay talking about being in the hood and he is super rich hanging with the white folks"

T/s needs to more or less set up his definition of what he means by relevance for a appropriate answer to be given. If he means by numbers of sold records then 50 cent is more relevant since he sold more than Jay (Nelly included) if he means by records sold recently, then what time frame since WTT came out last year and honestly the only other NY rapper is Nicki who is selling.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    There's shitloads of 'recording artistes' who are outright wack in my opinion doing crazy numbers selling records globally for some reason or the other

Can't hate their grind but its what it is . .
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    killaguwop wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    kingdom come was dope simply based on how he clapped Cam n Jimmy

BP3 was dope too. I don't see how ? gonna hate on Jay for showing musical growth. "We was supposed to takeover, I caught her bumping ether" IC ? hate them sum Jay z boy I tell ya

i guess rapping about wanna be forever young with some ugly peckerwood singing chorus is called musical growth.
    killaguwop wrote: »
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    kingdom come was dope simply based on how he clapped Cam n Jimmy

BP3 was dope too. I don't see how ? gonna hate on Jay for showing musical growth. "We was supposed to takeover, I caught her bumping ether" IC ? hate them sum Jay z boy I tell ya

i guess rapping about wanna be forever young with some ugly peckerwood singing chorus is called musical growth.

u must be wanna them ? that only check for beats. what person on this earth wouldn't wanna b young forever? ? was like the toys r us anthem for the 2000s. you "I don't like him cuz he's white" ? needa wake up n smell the dream.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at "go to a Nas show and I bet theres more ? there"

You wanna see mad ? (pause) go to Jay's show tonight at the Barclays.
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blueprint 3 was a progressive album. Lyrically jay was sharp on "what we talking about" and "thank you". He gave you an anthem in "empire state of mind". He gave you a club banger in "on to the next". You got introspective songs in "so ambitious", "a star is born', "already home". You got a nice head nodding track in "off that" and a fun track in "hate"( he went in on the low). Also "forever young" a good song in a chill party setting with white college girls (trust me). The only track i wasnt feeling was "reminder" and so ambitious personally and the jeezy song. The album wasnt his best work but its has a polished sound to it and it didnt sound forced.
  • rip.dilla
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »
    blueprint 3 was a progressive album. Lyrically jay was sharp on "what we talking about" and "thank you". He gave you an anthem in "empire state of mind". He gave you a club banger in "on to the next". You got introspective songs in "so ambitious", "a star is born', "already home". You got a nice head nodding track in "off that" and a fun track in "hate"( he went in on the low). Also "forever young" a good song in a chill party setting with white college girls (trust me). The only track i wasnt feeling was "reminder" and so ambitious personally and the jeezy song. The album wasnt his best work but its has a polished sound to it and it didnt sound forced.

I agree he was lyrically efficient but the beats on that album were atrocious save for 'Thank You' IMO

and that's when he started leaning towards that Euro sound.

Remember 'Ghetto Techno' was left outta the album?
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol...@ Nas flopping and his L.I.G album sold more than Half man half 40 something looking lesbian Tyga and Meek Shrills even though he has non stop radio play
  • DR. JEK
    Options
    Hey jigga warriors we need a first down so run your routs good,..... and catch these feelings

Down
    Set....
    Hike!
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hov the GOAT no matter how much u Nas stans try to counter:

Sales
    Influence
    Lyrically
    Longevity
    Financially
    Body of work
    Respect from peers
    Achievements in and out of the music industry

^^^^Top 5 in all those aspects, no other rapper can say the same...not one. Every other rapper has a flaw.

Nas might be top 5 in some of those categories, but not all of em *cough-financially-cough*

Pay homage ? .
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    mohamed wrote: »

I agree he was lyrically efficient but the beats on that album were atrocious save for 'Thank You' IMO

and that's when he started leaning towards that Euro sound.

Remember 'Ghetto Techno' was left outta the album?

The "what we talking about" production was dope. If you didnt do at least a two step to "on to the next in the club".. youre a lie. The only productions I didnt like were so ambitious(lazy pharrell) and reminder. *shugs*

edit- Ghetto techno wasnt that bad. it was a club song." Off that" was pratically the same song. haha

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BP3 was ? productionwise, ? ? is talkin bout. It's just that he dumbed down even further and tried to hide his lack of lyrical creativity with some kind of progressive message. ? can see thru that ? and see that he was rappin about money in every song. Every song.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O ok so Life is Good wasn't one of the top albums of he year got it...
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nas has not fallen off

Nobody. not even Jay sales what he sold at his peak

Nas' name rings way more bells than any of those other ppl you named minus 50 who's name is out there not for music

Nas is still a legend and comes up in convos.He's not forgotten