It's crazy how Jay's the only NY rapper that never fell off

Options

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    I bet you nas got more ? at his show and I've seen both live so shut cha mouth

if one ? at 20k show, the other has 2k, then who do you really think have more "? ". You ? are dumb.lol
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

if one ? at 20k show, the other has 2k, then who do you really think have more "? ". You ? are dumb.lol

I will not lose, so they try to help him cheat.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo....how did this ? turn into a jay-z vs nas thread....thought this ? was gonna be a anti-ny thread...lol....yo you see me vouching for jay and nas musically, question tho, does some of Jay's dough find its way to you cats hands...cats have to be on the pay roll to be this invested....
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    a_list wrote: »
    Yo....how did this ? turn into a jay-z vs nas thread....thought this ? was gonna be a anti-ny thread...lol....yo you see me vouching for jay and nas musically, question tho, does some of Jay's dough find its way to you cats hands...cats have to be on the pay roll to be this invested....

once u mention one the other is mentioned and ? takes off from there
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »

once u mention one the other is mentioned and ? takes off from there

And when people point out his weaknesses, the only defense is an attack on Nas... never fails.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmao @ you getting mad that nas cater to more blacks. Its my observation ? , ? yo feelings
  • killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    killaguwop wrote: »
    kingdom come was dope simply based on how he clapped Cam n Jimmy

BP3 was dope too. I don't see how ? gonna hate on Jay for showing musical growth. "We was supposed to takeover, I caught her bumping ether" IC ? hate them sum Jay z boy I tell ya

i guess rapping about wanna be forever young with some ugly peckerwood singing chorus is called musical growth.
    killaguwop wrote: »
    kingdom come was dope simply based on how he clapped Cam n Jimmy

BP3 was dope too. I don't see how ? gonna hate on Jay for showing musical growth. "We was supposed to takeover, I caught her bumping ether" IC ? hate them sum Jay z boy I tell ya

i guess rapping about wanna be forever young with some ugly peckerwood singing chorus is called musical growth.

u must be wanna them ? that only check for beats. what person on this earth wouldn't wanna b young forever? ? was like the toys r us anthem for the 2000s. you "I don't like him cuz he's white" ? needa wake up n smell the dream.

nah man i am die hard hov fan who take his lyrics too serious but the man had nothing serious to say on bp3 more than that he got that auto-tune trend killed and i said amen to that. at least on kingdom come he gave us more soulful content and music.
  • killaguwop
    killaguwop Members Posts: 768 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nasir ? on the whole game by making an album talking about his past life with his ex wife. hov tried to make something fresh and alternative with bp3 but it didn't come up too good.
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Production on BP3 is seriously underrated.Carried the album. Where as it failed Jay's content on Kingdom Come. Those two are the antithesis of each other. You could feel Jay had a lot he wanted to say on Kingdom Come he just picked what Chris Rock calls "Conscious beats" He turned too hard too. He tried to force us into his definition of "grown up" Yuck

I think Jay feels he doesnt have to prove anything lyrically. Doesnt make it an excuse but i think he feels that way. I made this arguement when Light Up dropped that all Jay has to do now is 'Hold Serve' b/c his presence is more demanding (for better or worse- see: 3 Kings) Jay doesnt have to prove he can outrap ? . We know that. So even if he's on a track with an up&comer (J.Cole) or established spitter (Pusha T) he kinda just has to do his norm.

Since this is a Jay vs Nas thread (what isnt) compare that to Nas. who isnt goin out his way to "outrap" Tyga, Meek Mill or Ross he's just THAT much better than them ?
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Production on BP3 is seriously underrated.Carried the album. Where as it failed Jay's content on Kingdom Come. Those two are the antithesis of each other. You could feel Jay had a lot he wanted to say on Kingdom Come he just picked what Chris Rock calls "Conscious beats" He turned too hard too. He tried to force us into his definition of "grown up" Yuck

I think Jay feels he doesnt have to prove anything lyrically. Doesnt make it an excuse but i think he feels that way. I made this arguement when Light Up dropped that all Jay has to do now is 'Hold Serve' b/c his presence is more demanding (for better or worse- see: 3 Kings) Jay doesnt have to prove he can outrap ? . We know that. So even if he's on a track with an up&comer (J.Cole) or established spitter (Pusha T) he kinda just has to do his norm.

Since this is a Jay vs Nas thread (what isnt) compare that to Nas. who isnt goin out his way to "outrap" Tyga, Meek Mill or Ross he's just THAT much better than them ?

And here lies the problem... ? all that entitlement ? . It's like the NBA, everyone starts fresh at the start of the year. I don't give a ? how dope you were in the past.

If you're wack this year, you're wack or you've fallen off. Simple as that. The rap game follows a "what have you done for me lately" format.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Hov the GOAT no matter how much u Nas stans try to counter:

Sales
    Influence
    Lyrically
    Longevity
    Financially
    Body of work
    Respect from peers
    Achievements in and out of the music industry

^^^^Top 5 in all those aspects, no other rapper can say the same...not one. Every other rapper has a flaw.

Nas might be top 5 in some of those categories, but not all of em *cough-financially-cough*

Pay homage ? .

You must be new to Hip-Hop. No one judges their list on that ? you posted. Let me help you out real quick. The GOAT list is about the following categories...

Bars
    Creativity/Originality
    Longevity
    Quality songs
    Quality albums

.... THAT'S IT. All that other ? is gossip or irrelevant.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay-z is that ? deal with it.
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    When did Nas fall off? There are a handfull of MC's from any era that are relevant lyrically after 15+ plus years from any region. I think T/S needs to start judging albums by content instead of sales man the rap game aint the same. Gold is the new platinum, ? gold might be the new double platinum.

Funny thing is Nas has to be on top of this list of Mc's that have not fallen off lyrically right with Jay-Z. Nas released Illmatic in 94 and Life is Good 18 years later. You can't admire Jay's longevitiy and not give the same credit to Nas.

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ factoring financial stability as a critique for GOAT status. How many legendary (top 3) painters or artists (musically) of a genre have died broke you stupid ? ?
  • thagame
    thagame Members Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Vaas wrote: »
    Lol @ factoring financial stability as a critique for GOAT status. How many legendary (top 3) painters or artists (musically) of a genre have died broke you stupid ? ?

Fans respect sales over content hip hop lost

• alibaba
    alibaba Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vaas wrote: »

Thank you!

SMH at grown ass men talkin bout another ? pocket. Who gives a ? how much money these fools got. Only thing im worried bout is the music.

• usmarin3
    Options

Lmao @ you getting mad that nas cater to more blacks. Its my observation ? , ? yo feelings

LOL at caters to more backs, what are your silly ass assumptions based on, stop talking out your ass. You're telling me the 300k measly ass people who bought LIG is all black and the 2 mil that bought BP3 is white, based on what?

Jay-z Barclay concert, look at all those black folks and wider range of audience. 20k people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQF4CJf8nIk

Nas performing in a musty ass 2k capacity club (if that much), with a bunch of ? stuck in 1994. lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMqOvdIHoLo

LOL at this insecure ? on stage with 30 ? , can't even hold down a stage by himself.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    let me get this straight with some of you jayz fans(I'm one myself and also a nas fan). when shadyteam comes through and crushes the buildings with Eminem sales over Jay sales, you want no parts of and say sales don't measure talent but when you do these stupid ass Jay vs nas debates, you bring up sales and joke about how nas doesn't sell much. i mean seriously which one is it?

Jay has sales and critical acclaim.

Eminem doesn't have critical acclaim, all he has is sales. I don't think any ? think Em makes albums on the level of Illmatic, Reasonable Doubt,etc

As for Nas, he has the critical acclaim but not the commercial success to the level of Jay, Em, Pac.

• Chase N Bundlez
    Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options

Sales
    Influence
    Lyrically
    Longevity
    Financially
    Body of work
    Respect from peers

^^^^Top 5 in all those aspects, no other rapper can say the same...not one. Every other rapper has a flaw.

Nas might be top 5 in some of those categories, but not all of em *cough-financially-cough*

Pay homage ? .

You must be new to Hip-Hop. No one judges their list on that ? you posted. Let me help you out real quick. The GOAT list is about the following categories...

Bars
    Creativity/Originality
    Longevity
    Quality songs
    Quality albums

Look ya dumb schmuck, YOU may not factor all that into YOUR criteria, but the important people who's opinion really matters (rap peers, journalist, etc) does.

The ? u mean influence isnt important? How u the best and nobody imitating you and you aint setting trends?

"I MIGHT JUST WEAR BLACK FOR A YEAR STRAIGHT, I MIGHT BRING BACK VERSACE SHADES"

^lol @ him saying that and ? actually following him...sad. Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

The ? u mean money dont matter? U think Nas raps for free? Well if u think so write him a letter lettin him know how much ur on his ? and see if he'll perform at ur next Bday party free of cost.

The ? u mean sales dont matter? If they didnt he wouldnt be on promo tours and making music videos for his albums.

The ? u mean respect from ur peers dont matter? How u pose to be a legend and ? ? like Gucci Mane is making fun of u in public bcuz ur ? broke lol

You ask any rapper who's career they would rather have, Nas or Hov, 93% of is saying Hov, now ? and never quote me with nonsense again.
  • usmarin3
    Options

Sales
    Influence
    Lyrically
    Longevity
    Financially
    Body of work
    Respect from peers

Pay homage ? .

Bars
    Creativity/Originality
    Longevity
    Quality songs
    Quality albums

That's like saying factor out Michael Jordan's global impact on basketball out of the criteria of judging. By ya'll silly ass logic, some local legend (say a Big L or other dead rappers) who never quite made it, is in the same league as ? like Pac, Jay, Big,etc who did it on the largest level and took the artform globally.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread had some potential until stans got ahold of it and turned this into a Jay vs Nas thread. These n*ggas made up years ago and have since recorded together, but these stans still act like it's late '00. Grow up.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    let me get this straight with some of you jayz fans(I'm one myself and also a nas fan). when shadyteam comes through and crushes the buildings with Eminem sales over Jay sales, you want no parts of and say sales don't measure talent but when you do these stupid ass Jay vs nas debates, you bring up sales and joke about how nas doesn't sell much. i mean seriously which one is it?

Of course sales matter. Its the music business. Anybody who says sales dont matter in the music business has said some irrelevant nonsense.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    edited January 2013
    Options

Sales
    Influence
    Lyrically
    Longevity
    Financially
    Body of work
    Respect from peers

Pay homage ? .

Bars
    Creativity/Originality
    Longevity
    Quality songs
    Quality albums

Look ya dumb schmuck, YOU may not factor all that into YOUR criteria, but the important people who's opinion really matters (rap peers, journalist, etc) does.

The ? u mean influence isnt important? How u the best and nobody imitating you and you aint setting trends?

"I MIGHT JUST WEAR BLACK FOR A YEAR STRAIGHT, I MIGHT BRING BACK VERSACE SHADES"

^lol @ him saying that and ? actually following him...sad. Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

The ? u mean money dont matter? U think Nas raps for free? Well if u think so write him a letter lettin him know how much ur on his ? and see if he'll perform at ur next Bday party free of cost.

The ? u mean sales dont matter? If they didnt he wouldnt be on promo tours and making music videos for his albums.

The ? u mean respect from ur peers dont matter? How u pose to be a legend and ? ? like Gucci Mane is making fun of u in public bcuz ur ? broke lol

You ask any rapper who's career they would rather have, Nas or Hov, 93% of is saying Hov, now ? and never quote me with nonsense again.

Try to keep it mature. We don't need your emotional outbursts. Learn how to debate without putting all your feelings on the table.

-Let's keep it real. Anyone that knows hip-hop knows Jay FOLLOWS trends. JayZ is a Biggie clone.

-We're talking about Hip-Hop not pop. Sales have NEVER mattered.

-You can't be serious talking about another man's finances.

-Nas' peers aren't new school rappers like Gucci Mane (not to mention Gucci is on camera ? all over JayZ's claim of being the best rapper). Nas peers are people who came out around the same time he did. People like Wu, Snoop, Common, Biggie and them.

- That's he say she say. I disagree. I prefer Nas's career, no question. Dude has multiple classics and arguably the greatest album in hip-hop history. Not to mention, Jay got ethered.
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What baffles me is why do record sales matter to customers.....I know the label and the rapper care about sales, but what do yo cats get when said rapper moves a million units....lol...If you whipping a civic, do you go to honda's website to see how many cars were sold?