It's crazy how Jay's the only NY rapper that never fell off

Options

Comments

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

That's like saying factor out Michael Jordan's global impact on basketball out of the criteria of judging. By ya'll silly ass logic, some local legend (say a Big L or other dead rappers) who never quite made it, is in the same league as ? like Pac, Jay, Big,etc who did it on the largest level and took the artform globally.

The only people who factor in Jordan's impact are the people who don't know anything about basketball. Jordan is considered a GOAT because of championships and skills, not because Nike and David Stern used Jordan's name to push their brand to new levels.

And no, Big L isn't in the same league as Pac or JayZ, because he doesn't have enough quality songs, nor does he have the longevity. As far as Big L and Biggie, they both lack longevity, but Biggie was a better spitter, better song-writer, and his albums were better.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its ironic that this thread is about new york rappers falling off but during NYE in new york Jay Z and Nas both preformed in front of sold out crowds at the same damn time in 2 seperate iconic venues ( new icon thebarclays center and the classic radio city music hall.

You cant name 2 other rappers from the 90's from any other region that could sell out a nye show on the scale jay and nas does. Hell jay coulda had that show in birmingham alabama and that ? woulda been sould out. Nas coulda went to the nokia theatre in la and still sold out his show there. Again i said it earlier ? wanna talk about new york fell off this and that okay thats true most older nyc rappers fell off...but name me a rapper from the last 2 previous decades (1990-1999 & 2000-2009) that is from another region that went gold in 2012.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL it's alot of rappers who can sell out Radio City, other than Em, Jay, Wayne, and Kanye, nobody else can sell out Barclays.

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So, if Nas fans can agree that Nas fell off commercially, and Jay fans can agree that Jay fell off lyrically, can we all shut this thread the ? up?
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, this Jay Z vs NaS ? will never end, ever. I got tired of it. Why can't ? just let it rest and agree one prefers more than the other? Don't answer that.

I've always said it

Thread subject is about Jay Z but somehow NaS gets thrown under the bus and his career blemished to appease Jay's

Its hilarious and other irrelevant ? brought up like Jay Z's financial investments and ?
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Man, this Jay Z vs NaS ? will never end, ever. I got tired of it. Why can't ? just let it rest and agree one prefers more than the other? Don't answer that.

I've always said it

Thread subject is about Jay Z but somehow NaS gets thrown under the bus and his career blemished to appease Jay's

Its hilarious and other irrelevant ? brought up like Jay Z's financial investments and ?

Yo it could be a Jay-Z vs Dehaven beef, and some how Nas will get mention....lol
  • qtipp73
    qtipp73 Members Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as long as NY is on top lyrically does it matter who it is?

Nas and Jay discographies alone outshine other whole regions combined
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a_list wrote: »

I've always said it

Yo it could be a Jay-Z vs Dehaven beef, and some how Nas will get mention....lol

? goes both ways.
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    im not bout to read all this ? BUT the fact that jay-z sells more than nas means jay has more listeners HENCE he's more successful in there respective craft.....only those that pull for the ? that cant go gold says "sales dont mean ? " BUT they know damn well if the shoe was on the other foot they would use the same argument.....i get it YOU like nas..thats cool.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ? z and anyone that ? with him
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In '88 you was getting chased through your building
    Calling my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers
    All I did was gave you a style for you to run with
    Smiling in my face, glad to break bread with the ?
    Wearing Jaz chains, no tecs, no cash, no cars
    No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case
  • usmarin3
    Options
    R.Greezy wrote: »
    In '88 you was getting chased through your building
    Calling my crib and I ain't even give you my numbers
    All I did was gave you a style for you to run with
    Smiling in my face, glad to break bread with the ?
    Wearing Jaz chains, no tecs, no cash, no cars
    No jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case

It must suck that the little ? who was getting chased through his building has managed to eclipse everything he's done in hiphop, became his boss,etc while Nas has been reduced to a b-list rapper.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of rappers would ? to be in Nas's position...Everybody would love to be in Jay's but let's not act like NAS ain't important or some ? .
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    I bet you nas got more ? at his show and I've seen both live so shut cha mouth

if one ? at 20k show, the other has 2k, then who do you really think have more "? ". You ? are dumb.lol

Lmao @ you getting mad that nas cater to more blacks. Its my observation ? , ? yo feelings

LOL at caters to more backs, what are your silly ass assumptions based on, stop talking out your ass. You're telling me the 300k measly ass people who bought LIG is all black and the 2 mil that bought BP3 is white, based on what?

Jay-z Barclay concert, look at all those black folks and wider range of audience. 20k people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQF4CJf8nIk

Nas performing in a musty ass 2k capacity club (if that much), with a bunch of ? stuck in 1994. lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMqOvdIHoLo

LOL at this insecure ? on stage with 30 ? , can't even hold down a stage by himself.

That Nas video was from 03, when people were still wearing baggy clothes.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO @ NaS being a "b-list rapper" when the 'Life Is Good' thread was (one of if not) the most viewed on this sub-forum last year . .

Jigga can sell out venues in minutes, good for him but I'm still waiting on that next solo album
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Options
    Wild Self wrote: »
    I bet you nas got more ? at his show and I've seen both live so shut cha mouth

if one ? at 20k show, the other has 2k, then who do you really think have more "? ". You ? are dumb.lol

Lmao @ you getting mad that nas cater to more blacks. Its my observation ? , ? yo feelings

LOL at caters to more backs, what are your silly ass assumptions based on, stop talking out your ass. You're telling me the 300k measly ass people who bought LIG is all black and the 2 mil that bought BP3 is white, based on what?

Jay-z Barclay concert, look at all those black folks and wider range of audience. 20k people!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQF4CJf8nIk

Nas performing in a musty ass 2k capacity club (if that much), with a bunch of ? stuck in 1994. lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMqOvdIHoLo

LOL at this insecure ? on stage with 30 ? , can't even hold down a stage by himself.

That Nas video was from 03, when people were still wearing baggy clothes.

+ he was still a "Platinum" rapper then.
  • usmarin3
    Options
    LMAO @ NaS being a "b-list rapper" when the 'Life Is Good' thread was (one of if not) the most viewed on this sub-forum last year . .

Jigga can sell out venues in minutes, good for him but I'm still waiting on that next solo album

lol at this ? using thread views as a criteria.

Nas last album sold 300k, Jay last album sold 2 mil domestically.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

2009 to 2012 is like black and white. Nicki Minaj can't go plat in 2012 and that was rap's highest selling album. Waka barely cracked 100k. Jay's next solo will barely pass 600k overall.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread is accurate...Jay still making hot music and his flow still nice..Nas rapping bout the moon and stars and ? like that..Busta and Kiss are just feature artist now...and 50 well tough break ?
  • usmarin3
    Options

2009 to 2012 is like black and white. Nicki Minaj can't go plat in 2012 and that was rap's highest selling album. Waka barely cracked 100k. Jay's next solo will barely pass 600k overall.

LOL so we're gonna act like WTT did not sell over 1.5 mil. We're gonna act like ? in Paris did not go 3x platinum, Otis platinum, No church in the wild gold.

Stop it, Jay will easily platinum again clown ass ? . You acting like he doesn't consistently sell out 20k arenas all over the country. Unlike that ? Nas, Jay knows how to keep the fans attention and reinvent himself.
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options

LOL so we're gonna act like WTT did not sell over 1.5 mil. We're gonna act like ? in Paris did not go 3x platinum, Otis platinum, No church in the wild gold.

Stop it, Jay will easily platinum again clown ass ? . You acting like he doesn't consistently sell out 20k arenas all over the country. Unlike that ? Nas, Jay knows how to keep the fans attention and reinvent himself.

you don't eat from jay's sales and packed arenas. that great for jay but why do you care? would you stop listening to jay-z if he couldn't sell out 20k arenas?
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay-z is not falling off commercially until he retires officially until then he is going to be around debuting number 1 everytime he drops an album.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    ROFL at Jay's next album "barely passing 600k"
    You only see and hear this ? on the IC
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    imo, Nas is where he's always been. Not washed up but not in the spotlight.
    Jay stays in the spotlight but BP3 was a disappointment.
    wouldnt call it wack though.
    I think Jay next album will blow the doubters minds though
  • usmarin3
    Options

you don't eat from jay's sales and packed arenas. that great for jay but why do you care? would you stop listening to jay-z if he couldn't sell out 20k arenas?

I don't care, but you Nausear stans clearly do, that's why ya'll always talking about Jay selling out like he didn't come into the game on some flashy ? .