It's crazy how Jay's the only NY rapper that never fell off

Options

Comments

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lyrically nasir never fell off but his albums be wacc as fucc.

Jigga dropped that bp3 trash then he streetsweeped wtt.When that 12th Lp drops then I can tell you cuz that verse he had on 3 kings was :-&

Ight, which one of you ? is using tommy's account?
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2013
    Options
    2ndly
    If we justify Nas's commercial records we cant then go and make blanket statements about Jay's. ? tryna say "oh yea well Nas was rapping about africa on this song & lawyers on this one so it doesnt count"
    Cut the ? or do the same for Jay..

Nas used Trackmasters, Timbaland, Swizz Beatz, Made videos with Hype Williams; "Stunted"w/large furs, cars & jewelry; Did songs with Diddy & Wayne; Nicki & Tyga, Used "r&b singers on the hook" (word to Shadyteam) Did a song with Chris Brown in 2008 & Keri Hilson; R.Kelly in 96 & 98-99; will.i.am in 2006; Miguel & Rick Ross in 2012- thats commercial

It dont matter how long Nas "played the game" The fact is he did. Accept it and lets move the ? on

This ? is weak. Nas made blatant commercial pop records. Nas "played the game" . So did Jay. Jay by your logic, sound logic & by results- Played it bigger & better. Either you discredit Nas the way you try to discredit Jay & sweep ? under the rug or we give both their propers. i suggest the latter

NEITHER OF THESE ? FELL OFF. GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK.

I didn't read every post in this thread so I don't know how it became about Nas and Jay but I think Steve says it all right here at 3:04:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dps5tBPXvY#t=03m4s
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2ndly
    If we justify Nas's commercial records we cant then go and make blanket statements about Jay's. ? tryna say "oh yea well Nas was rapping about africa on this song & lawyers on this one so it doesnt count"

Nas used Trackmasters, Timbaland, Swizz Beatz, Made videos with Hype Williams; "Stunted"w/large furs, cars & jewelry; Did songs with Diddy & Wayne; Nicki & Tyga, Used "r&b singers on the hook" (word to Shadyteam) Did a song with Chris Brown in 2008 & Keri Hilson; R.Kelly in 96 & 98-99; will.i.am in 2006; Miguel & Rick Ross in 2012- thats commercial

It dont matter how long Nas "played the game" The fact is he did. Accept it and lets move the ? on

This ? is weak. Nas made blatant commercial pop records. Nas "played the game" . So did Jay. Jay by your logic, sound logic & by results- Played it bigger & better. Either you discredit Nas the way you try to discredit Jay & sweep ? under the rug or we give both their propers. i suggest the latter

• locksmith1
    locksmith1 Members Posts: 293
    Options
    Jay is still on top, but I will admit BP3 wasn't a good album. However, Jay bounce back with Ye on WTT. The GOAT still dropping hits and selling out arenas.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay been fell off
    and in my lifetime is a classic, stupid ?
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Reggie80 wrote: »
    @usmarin3 I have a couple of questions for you bruh are you saying nas is wack?

If Nas and Jay never got into it would you feel the same way about Nas?

Why did you skip past @a_list post cause that ? seems too make alot of sense!

LOL in all honesty, i think Nas is the second goat rapper behind Jay.

What i can't stand is his holier than now stan base, like Nas don't be on that materialistic and objectifying women ? too. I can name tons of Nas songs where he is rapping about ice, ? , money,etc.

I'm gonna tell you dusty ass Jansport wearing ? something, your taste is not better than anyone else, your knowledge is not more extensive than anyone else, etc. You ? are stuck in 1994 and ya'll need to stop being hypocrites by criticizing others for what Nas gets away with.

Ya'll are some music snobs and nerds, no different than Indy rock fans.

You're talking about hypocrites yet you're playing Johnnie Cochran in here and the most snobbiest poster in the IC when it comes to music. Calm down before you get hit with an aneurysm.

why-so-serious.jpg

It's 2013 playa....control those emotional demons..it's aight to like both of 'em.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Options
    2ndly

I didn't read every post in this thread so I don't know how it became about Nas and Jay but I think Steve says it all right here at 3:04:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dps5tBPXvY#t=03m4s

Props on this clip.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Record sells don't mean a album is great. Its just really the only means we have to measure the success of the album. Not the quality. That's subjective. IMO, Nas's albums were just as good as Jay's over the years but thjat's just me and my dollar that I put on both of them. Saying EVERY NY rapper fell off is very reckless, false, and wild accusation.

If you wan't to say Jay is the most successful rapper then that's a different story.

jay-z-business-man.jpg
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jay been fell off

See dumb smart ? like you dont like to read and comprehend. Jay even admit the album being his worst. There some classic songs on that album but overall, it was a obvious reach for commercial appeal. It has Diddy vibe all over it. Compared to his other classic body of Work its the weakest. Its above bp3 and kingdom come but not the other albums.
  • jayvon32
    Options
    jay been fell off

See dumb smart ? like you dont like to read and comprehend. Jay even admit the album being his worst. There some classic songs on that album but overall, it was a obvious reach for commercial appeal. It has Diddy vibe all over it. Compared to his other classic body of Work its the weakest. Its above bp3 and kingdom come but not the other albums.
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    see dumb smart ? blah blah blah
    shut the ? up, ?
    i don't give a ? what jay said about the album
    to me, in my opinion, how i feel, in my on thoughts, the album is a classic album
    jay can feel however the ? he wanna feel
    that's his opinion and he's entitled to it
    but i ain't gon dislike some ? just cuz i'm told to
    stupid ass ic ? , man
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jayvon32 wrote: »
    jay been fell off

He never said that, what are you saying?

He said if it wasn't for two songs it would have been a classic.
  • jayvon32
    Options
    jayvon32 wrote: »
    Out of all jay-z albums it took me a good two months to cop BP3 because it just didnt have any appeal to me. I have every single last one of his albums. Dont know which one was his worst BP3, Kingdom Come or In My Lifetime. Even with those they are still enjoyable to a degree. Funny how most of Jay worst albums are better than most artist best albums.

Betcha when Jay-z next album drop, there is going to be a subliminal diss against lil wayne, Game, and 50 cent. He is known for thrown jabs when you least expect it.

WHOA

Hol up Vol 1? That album raw as fucc.I agree wit everything else u said

It's a good album, but compared to his other classics, there are weak points overall. There was too many fillers on that album. It felt rushed due to Biggie getting killed and him having Diddy co produce the album which he admit was a mistake. In a interview jay admitted if he could he would have redone that album. Overall it has it classic songs
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    this ? just gon argue ? down over their opinions
  • jayvon32
    Options
    see dumb smart ? blah blah blah
    shut the ? up, ?
    i don't give a ? what jay said about the album
    to me, in my opinion, how i feel, in my on thoughts, the album is a classic album
    jay can feel however the ? he wanna feel
    that's his opinion and he's entitled to it
    but i ain't gon dislike some ? just cuz i'm told to
    stupid ass ic ? , man

? you throwing stone but hiding your hands ? ? . I said out of his catalog in my life time was weak in select areas compared to his other albums but still a good album. You throwing subliminal shots so i address you directly. My opinions my word. Type on chump
  • BackInWhite
    Options
    ? i'm talkin directly to you
    i'm responding directly to the ? you said
    how i'm hidin my hands when you can't see em in the first place?
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When did Jay said Vol. 1 was his worst? This is brand spanking new news to me.
  • Reggie80
    Reggie80 Members Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok yaw going too hard with this Jay and Nas ? take a break ? here go some new ? from one of the goats ripping the Illmatic intro.
    http://youtu.be/74fL8RDEaWM
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One stan in here typing titanagraphs but being articulate and talking strictly about the MUSIC . .

The other stan talking about awards, sold out shows/concerts, record sales and being his usual emotional self
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all the ic ? in the world isnt gonna make nas surpass jay-z....we get it you think nas is "deep"...
  • moedays
    moedays Members Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, ? really mad cuz Nas is better than Jay-z. Either Jay-z is your dad or yall from Marcy Projects.

? and high post.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    moedays wrote: »
    Damn, ? really mad cuz Nas is better than Jay-z. Either Jay-z is your dad or yall from Marcy Projects.

? and high post.

I can say the same about Nas.

• starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all the ic ? in the world isnt gonna make nas surpass jay-z....we get it you think nas is "deep"...

He doesnt need to "surpass" him, he's going down in history as one of the goats.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    locksmith1 wrote: »
    Jay is still on top, but I will admit BP3 wasn't a good album. However, Jay bounce back with Ye on WTT. The GOAT still dropping hits and selling out arenas.

You mean Ye did most of the heavy lifting and Jay was on some scotty pippen ?

• Disciplined InSight
    Options
    all the ic ? in the world isnt gonna make nas surpass jay-z's bank account and business acumen....we get it you think nas is "deep"...

Fixed for accuracy..that's what you really meant.