The Official Blackberry 10 Thread

Options

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/21/technology/enterprise/ntsb-iphone-blackberry/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+rss/money_latest+(Latest+News)
    "The NTSB requires effective, reliable and stable communication capabilities to carry-out its primary investigative mission and to ensure employee safety in remote locations," the agency wrote. "Due to performance issues with the blackberry [sic] devices, the NTSB desires to transition to a different device."

BWAHHAHAHAHAH COT DAYUM that has to hurt!!!
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    ^^^Old story that means nothing. RIM stock up almost 6% today.
  • rage
    edited November 2012
    Options

Dated today...NTSB released this info TODAY.

LMAO @ you thinking what happens on a day to day basis on the stock market has anything to do with a company's performance.

• rage
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sion. wrote: »
    rage wrote: »

Dated today...NTSB released this info TODAY.

LMAO @ you thinking what happens on a day to day basis on the stock market has anything to do with a company's performance.

Oh cry me a river ? you lost like 30% on Apple..... and don't even act like people aren't starting to see kinks in Apple's armor - their declining/tightening margins, management changes, tougher competition and lower expectations had a huge impact to that major fall off on the Street. I told you months ago this was GOING TO HAPPEN to Apple & look now. RIM was at $6.10 at it's low and now it's at $10.23 you realize how much money you didn't make right ? Tell me with a straight face that you'd rather have lost 30% with Apple than gain with RIM, you could have nearly doubled your money SMFH. It's not too late fam you're going to be kicking yourself once RIM gets back on track, watch.....

RIM is coming back strong, people are realizing it & people are buying. RIM will probably report 2 more bad quarters but it won't matter - they'll be able to use the previous losses as a tax loss carry forwards and be able to report larger profits on net income should BB10 do well. I was fiddling with the BB10 Dev model a couple weeks back & ? I'll tell you from now there is NOTHING on the market now that can ? with some of the features it's got going on, the browser is incredible too. If that ? was wack TRUST me I would've sold out & told everyone to follow suit but that wasn't the case fortunately.

If I were you I'd buy shares in RIM. You're gonna eat your own words & look like a fool when that ? quadruples in the longterm. You ? need to get off this fanboy ? and start broadening your horizons, I don't agree with some of the ? the Bank of America does but that won't stop me from buying shares, same thing with Apple. If Apple fell 1000% tomorrow I'd be the first ? in line to cop shares.

LOL...you have lost your ? mind if you think that Apple's stock is anywhere remotely reached its high. What ? the armour? Just earlier in THIS very thread you were ? and moaning about how quarterly fluctuations are meaningless and now your switching your tune?? Typical. Apple's sales are UP by record numbers across the board. The recent iPhone5 and iPad Mini just set sales records with the iPad Mini selling as many Nexus7 tablets did in 6 months (1.5 million) in 3 days. AT A MUCH HIGHER PRICE! They beat their estimates by a couple of BILLION last quarter while adding more than $4 Billion to their big Scroodge McDuck style Money Bin. And just got paid a cash dividend...do you even know what one of those look like?

Who the ? is going to buy a BB10 device aside from the last remaining Blackberry Curve 98whateverhundred users. People ? DESPISE Blackberry's and here we have first hand proof of that coming back to bite RIMM in the ass. Where do you think BB10 is going go? They have to get to WP8 status before it can even think about coming after iOS. The CEO has even conceded that number three is all they can ever hope for.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry I didn't listen to Sion and buy shares in RIM. You ain't never lied, sir.
  • Piffawana
    Piffawana Members Posts: 197 ✭✭
    Options
    Nice Sion.
    Good looking out by giving others tips.

Create a thread for that if there isn't any?
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Okay I hate to admit this but.... I am seriously thinking about getting the BB10 when it drops. Don't get me wrong I love my iPhone but to be honest I am getting a little bored with it. Just feels like I want to try something new.
    Problem is I tried this awhile back and jumped on an Android and ? hated it. I ran back to my iPhone within a month.
    Give me some reason why I should give the BB a chance.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Okay I hate to admit this but.... I am seriously thinking about getting the BB10 when it drops. Don't get me wrong I love my iPhone but to be honest I am getting a little bored with it. Just feels like I want to try something new.
    Problem is I tried this awhile back and jumped on an Android and ? hated it. I ran back to my iPhone within a month.

I've had the privilege of having owned/used both products iPads, Blackberries, etc. now the old blackberries ? Sure maybe it's a little outdated compared to what's out now but the BB10 ? Quite frankly there is NOTHING on the market right now that even compares to the BB10, not even in the slightest way. It's definitely ahead of the curb *shrugs*. If you don't believe me, when the new phones come out January 30th go to your local mobile centre and try it out - then decide if you want to buy one or not.

That's all I can really say fam.

Good looking out @Sion I'm on the fence right now and just trying to decide what to do. My upgrade is in Feb so I'm either going to go with the iPhone 5 or try out this BlackBerry10. I need to check if AT&T has a try it for 30 days program or not.

Not gonna lie, that BB10 looks pretty smooth.
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've had the privilege of having owned/used both products iPads, Blackberries, etc. now the old blackberries ? Sure maybe it's a little outdated compared to what's out now but the BB10 ? Quite frankly there is NOTHING on the market right now that even compares to the BB10, not even in the slightest way. It's definitely ahead of the curb *shrugs*. If you don't believe me, when the new phones come out January 30th go to your local mobile centre and try it out - then decide if you want to buy one or not.

Good looking out @Sion I'm on the fence right now and just trying to decide what to do. My upgrade is in Feb so I'm either going to go with the iPhone 5 or try out this BlackBerry10. I need to check if AT&T has a try it for 30 days program or not.

Nooo mike malice leaving the iPhone gang smh
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    CJ wrote: »

Nooo mike malice leaving the iPhone gang smh

Thinking about it. I'm just bored man.
  • sychorat
    sychorat Members Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As someone who studies mobile trends and practical everyday uses for phones, I can tell you this......
    Blackberry is dead. Simple case of too little too late.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    . ychorat wrote: »
    As someone who studies mobile trends and practical everyday uses for phones, I can tell you this......

Maybe in the US
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    . ychorat wrote: »

Maybe in the US

Exactly. BB is still strong in some regions like where I live. Everyone has a BB, especially the business community. More young people have gotten into the Android/Iphone market but still have a BB as a secondary phone (even if its a cheap Curve or something. I just bought an S3 this week, but would not be able to give up my Torch
  • rage
    Options
    WATERLOO, Ont. – Research In Motion shares took a substantial step back Tuesday from recent gains, closing down 10 per cent amid a report that BlackBerry’s share of the U.S. market has fallen to just two per cent.

Shares in the Waterloo, Ont.,-based tech company closed down $1.20 to $10.70 in heavy trading of 10.4 million shares on the Toronto Stock Exchange.

Until Tuesday, the stock had risen about 50 per cent in November as several analysts upgraded their views of the company after it set a firm launch date for its upcoming BlackBerry device.

But the latest smartphone sales data from Kantar Worldpanel ComTech showed BlackBerry market share in the U.S has fallen to 1.6 per cent in the 12-week period ending Oct. 28. That’s compared to 8.5 per cent in the three-months ended last October.

The loss came as Apple’s iPhone made a 25.7 per cent gain, now capturing 22.4 per cent of the crucial consumer market. The iPhone’s gain also came at the expense of Android phones, whose market share fell 16.6 per cent to 46.7 per cent of the market.

Apple launched its hotly anticipated iPhone 5 in September, on the same day BlackBerry users in Europe, the Middle East and Africa experienced a massive outage.

The research firm said six per cent of iPhone 5 sales came from former BlackBerry users switching devices.

RIM has under 10 per cent of market share in the tech-savvy North American market. Its new operating system, expected to better browse the web and be app friendly, is considered a make-or-break product for RIM.

Its market share also fell in other countries studied in the report. It was down 11.1 per cent in the U.K., nine per cent in France, 20.3 per cent in Spain and six per cent in Brazil. There was no data on market share in Canada.

RIM is scheduled to release its next financial report on Dec. 20, for the fiscal third quarter ending on Dec. 1.

barack-obama-4_3_r560.jpg?f061b7ce9937c38b702e6f308816ac2a14e2a4ec

Keep ? with this stock....see what happens when REAL WORLD numbers start coming out.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Think I have made my mind up. I will be copping the Blackberry 10 Z-10.
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Been researching Blackberry 10 hard these last few weeks and even more impressed. The "port-a-thon" they held this weekend brought like 20,000 more apps over to Blackberry World. Leaks dropping like crazy lately. That time shift camera is raw. BBM Video calls. Can't wait to get my hands on this Z-10. I'm copping the White one.

Will this be the Official Blackberry 10 thread or can we start a new one?
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta say I thought BB was done but this new phone looking like a problem..
  • Michael_Malice
    Options
    Rumors that the Blackberry 10 devices will be priced under $199.99 price range. Possible $149.99 on two year contract. I can dig that. RIM with aggressive pricing? I can dig it.
  • Stew
    Options
    Rumors that the Blackberry 10 devices will be priced under $199.99 price range. Possible $149.99 on two year contract. I can dig that. RIM with aggressive pricing? I can dig it.

Thats the whole thing I was worried about to be honest lol I paid $600 for my Bold 9900. ? doing that ? anymore but count me in for $150
  • Michael_Malice
    Options

Thats the whole thing I was worried about to be honest lol I paid $600 for my Bold 9900. ? doing that ? anymore but count me in for $150

Damn B??? What carrier you on? Man I'm about to make the Official Blackberry 10 thread. I'm so hype for this joint right now. I can't even make it to lunch without my iPhone needing to be charged.
  • Stew
    Options
    lol I got Tmobile so I didnt have to pay it all up front. They let you make payments with your regular payments.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been researching Blackberry 10 hard these last few weeks and even more impressed. The "port-a-thon" they held this weekend brought like 20,000 more apps over to Blackberry World. Leaks dropping like crazy lately. That time shift camera is raw. BBM Video calls. Can't wait to get my hands on this Z-10. I'm copping the White one.

Will this be the Official Blackberry 10 thread or can we start a new one?

How many apps will RIM have in total come launch time?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Apple is already losing market share in the smartphone field.
  • alvarez_313
    alvarez_313 Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blackberry is too late to the game with this one.. This is what the Storm should've been.. I was a blackberry fan for years.. Every phone I've had for the past like 7 years+ was a blackberry.. In November I went with the Galaxy S3.. I will admit I still kinda miss the physical keyboard but eh.. I still ? with them at work cause I run the BES here so I'm sure I'll get to play with one.. Maybe I'll be more excited about it then..
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The the new interface is reminiscent and similar to the meego os. and blackberry hub reminds me alot of the peoples hub on WP8. but how many apps will RIM have come launch time?