The Official Blackberry 10 Thread

Options

Comments

• Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yup, as long as all of the software stuff is the same, mark me down for the x10. I like that its smaller.

That white X10 is sexy as ? .
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blackberry is 'dead' only in North America - y'all have to remember that there are other continents out there and BBerrys are still a primary business tool - They to date are still the best at email function on a device/communication and input with their keyboards. bb10 is aiight, but they need more than software to be 'relevant' again (i.e marketing, full support from devs, etc)

I'm in need of another phone for business and it is going to be a bberry (9900 or 9000) - my nexus is cool for personal use but can't trust it when i NEED it.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    krownDOTme wrote: »
    Blackberry is 'dead' only in North America - y'all have to remember that there are other continents out there and BBerrys are still a primary business tool - They to date are still the best at email function on a device/communication and input with their keyboards. bb10 is aiight, but they need more than software to be 'relevant' again (i.e marketing, full support from devs, etc)

I'm in need of another phone for business and it is going to be a bberry (9900 or 9000) - my nexus is cool for personal use but can't trust it when i NEED it.

Why would u get a 9900 when the 10 comes out like now?
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wrong, Blackberry is in like 4th place world wide in market share. They can maybe make it to 3rd place but thats about it.
  • aka_OG
    Options

Best bberry imo the 9000/9900, can get those for less than 300$ on-line unlocked. I havent been sold on bb10 yet

rage wrote: »

Wrong, Blackberry is in like 4th place world wide in market share. They can maybe make it to 3rd place but thats about it.

Bruh - I stated BUSINESS USE not general market share/use. When i've travelled outside of north america and watch what phones are in peoples hands (usually in biz some form) it's either a bberry or nokia, maybe android or iphone.

Where's your source anyways? Do you travel?
  • rage
    Options

Best bberry imo the 9000/9900, can get those for less than 300$ on-line unlocked. I havent been sold on bb10 yet

Bruh - I stated BUSINESS USE not general market share/use. When i've travelled outside of north america and watch what phones are in peoples hands (usually in biz some form) it's either a bberry or nokia, maybe android or iphone.

Where's your source anyways? Do you travel?

No I have something better than allegorical evidence

The report, from U.K.-based research firm Gartner, found that BlackBerry’s share of the smartphone market fell to just 8.8 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2011, down from 14.6 per cent a year earlier. That puts market pioneer BlackBerry in fourth spot, behind Android, Apple’s iOS, and the Symbian system used by Nokia.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1131695--rim-s-blackberry-loses-more-market-share-iphone-android-soar
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tomorrow is the big conference for the BB10. My eyes will be glued. I have stock riding on this.
  • aka_OG
    Options

The report, from U.K.-based research firm Gartner, found that BlackBerry’s share of the smartphone market fell to just 8.8 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2011, down from 14.6 per cent a year earlier. That puts market pioneer BlackBerry in fourth spot, behind Android, Apple’s iOS, and the Symbian system used by Nokia.

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/1131695--rim-s-blackberry-loses-more-market-share-iphone-android-soar

...soo The best you can find is an article from a canadian newspaper using 2011 data? I think i've stated enough already.

RIM has a lot of work to do no doubt - i'm not buying the doom and gloom North American media has been pumping.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Blackberries are wack as ? . Never like them ? .
  • rage
    edited January 2013
    Options

...soo The best you can find is an article from a canadian newspaper using 2011 data? I think i've stated enough already.

RIM has a lot of work to do no doubt - i'm not buying the doom and gloom North American media has been pumping.

LMAO you know guys have lost arguments when they automatically drop the "Ive stated enough" ? . Like The Toronto Star's information is somehow incorrect because its a canadian newspaper. Like dropping down to 8.8% in 2011 is nothing. ? you've done nothing.

Obviously stats arent and your strong suit. RIM is a Canadian Company, the article was published in Feb 2012. If your dumb enough to think those stats "went" up in 2012 it is enough to show how out of your depth you are.
    Sion. wrote: »

It won't matter, they don't have to be number #1 to be extremely profitable to shareholders & as a business. This is a process and RIM is a good company. Most of those market share lists compile date using revenue which I've stated is a horrible measure to use. Either way RIM is here to stay and they will do well. The BB10 doesn't even have to be a huge success, so long is it's a moderate success they will do very well over time & they will be able to build off that. It could've been a lot worse for them (like it was for Nokia) but they treaded water quite beautifully & made me a ton of money in the process too. There's sooo many options RIM can exercise for any outcome - good or bad it's amazing.

Thats fine as long as RIM can stay in the 3rd place, be profitable and put out quality devices. They can carve out a nice little niche for themselves. Thats the best case scenario for RIM at this point. Bring out another touch/gesture based Mobile OS isnt going to bring them back to the 1 position.
  • rage
    Options
    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2013/01/liveblog-blackberry-10-launch/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+wired/index+(Wired:+Top+Stories)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Liveblog of the event. BB10 needs apps in the worst way if they want it to be successful. WP8's lack of Apps is KILLING them right now. BB10 looks miles better than WP8 so if they manage to get a large library of apps, 3rd spot is theirs for the taking.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Newspapers are poor sources to cite. Just sayin
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIM needs to go the Google route and put out an Unlocked world device that people can buy directly from them. The "nexus" model. It will cut out the brutal middle man carriers.

Can guarantee they will have an Unlocked International version because that is what is required for around here as this is still a strong BB region.
  • rage
    Options
    Yo @sion you know if the Z10 works on Wind Mobile??
  • black caesar
    Options
    @Sion, we've been waiting on this fam.
  • black caesar
    Options
    Stock currently is at $16.45
  • black caesar
    Options
    @icecoldstew @Sion @valdez21 I know you're watching the keynote fam

The CEO said that RIM is now Blackberry.
  • rage
    Options
    Wtf?? Why is their stock dropping? ? is at 15.29 right now
  • black caesar
    Options

Because RIM CEO just stated that RIM is now Blackberry. It can still rise up.
  • black caesar
    Options
    You can flick words with one thumb #NICE
  • rage
    Options

Because RIM CEO just stated that RIM is now Blackberry. It can still rise up.

A stock isn't going to drop because the name changed. It's these wall street ? manipulating ? with the long/short game.
  • black caesar
    Options
    New app Blackberry remember
  • black caesar
    Options
    Blackberry story maker.
  • black caesar
    Options
    I'm dying to see what the apps are going to be available. Waiting for their app store.