(((******OFFICIAL 2013/14 DIRTEE-BIRD THREAD******))) #TRAPbackJUMPIN!

Options

Comments

• ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Aight. Hopefully, Abe will break down and come back home for the low too. AND draft a DE within the first 2 rounds (and a later round).

D-lines need rotations these days. Bierman & Osi/Abraham on most plays.

Abraham + Osi on most pass downs. That would be cold.

Still need a space-eater DT. Especially with Vance gone.

I just told the folks in my Falcons room on FB the same ? .......

Claims he wants to move up on the all time sack list. He comes back and plays opposite Osi he should have another 10 sack season. That would put him in the top 10.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    Aight. Hopefully, Abe will break down and come back home for the low too. AND draft a DE within the first 2 rounds (and a later round).

D-lines need rotations these days. Bierman & Osi/Abraham on most plays.

Abraham + Osi on most pass downs. That would be cold.

Still need a space-eater DT. Especially with Vance gone.

I just told the folks in my Falcons room on FB the same ? .......

Claims he wants to move up on the all time sack list. He comes back and plays opposite Osi he should have another 10 sack season. That would put him in the top 10.

If a top D-lineman is in reach for us (like Star Leutuei or Jessie Williams) we should get'em in the 1st round.

Space eaters and good 3-techniques just make it easier for edge rushers to rack up sacks. We already have two solid DT's in Babs and Peters, but we need 2 more for a top notch rotation.

Cause neither Osi or Abraham can handle double teams.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Just realized that 2012 was the first good year the Falcons ever had without a top notch kick returner or punt returner.

If its one thing we've had a good history of is KR/PR's.

Billie "White Shoes" Johnson
    Prime Time
    Eric Metcalf
    Tim "D-white Boy" Dwight
    Allen Rossum
    Eric Weems

Big plays from big returners will win you at least 2 or 3 games a season and one is usually in the playoffs.

Tim Dwight was the slept-on MVP of that 98 season. And he had the best performance of any Falcon in the super bowl that year. Don't forget Eric Weems took one back against Green Baby in 2010.

We need that back, homie.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I'd rather just cop one in the draft. I think we can get Ace Sanders in the 5th or 6th round. Or even Denard Robinson who will be a 6th or 7th round pick at best.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    So Osi already lives in Atlanta. Did not know that. Not surprised tho.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't know until I saw it on twitter

@OsiUmenyiora I hope you really didn't say winning in Atlanta will be better than NY.

@JDeRo23 I guess the fact I've lived in atl for the past 14 yrs, and plan on living in atl for the rest of my life means nothing huh? #home
  • greenwood1921
    edited March 2013
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I ain't know until I saw it on twitter

@OsiUmenyiora I hope you really didn't say winning in Atlanta will be better than NY.

@JDeRo23 I guess the fact I've lived in atl for the past 14 yrs, and plan on living in atl for the rest of my life means nothing huh? #home

whoever jdero23 is caught feels and then got ethered with facts...

...He should join the cheapseats.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    *pours out a lil lqua for Mud Duck*

I think he's the last remaining player from the Vick era. He was solid tho. Cool ass white boy too.

He'll probably come back if we have some depth/injury issues on the line.

He ain't gon' do ? but hunt ducks and deer in the North Georgia woods an ? . lol
  • greenwood1921
    edited March 2013
    Options
    As arguably the top cornerback remaining on the NFL free-agent market, Brent Grimes appeared to be the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' fallback plan in case their Darrelle Revis trade talks failed to bear fruit.
    Free-agent tracker
    NFL free agency is underway. Follow all of the latest player rumors and signings in our free-agent tracker. More...

Citing someone with knowledge of the situation, Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times reported Monday that Grimes no longer is on the Bucs' radar.

This doesn't mean the Bucs are closing on a Revis trade. It could just be that Grimes has priced himself out of the team's range.

The Cleveland Browns reportedly have an multiyear offer on the table, and the Palm Beach Post confirmed the Miami Dolphins still are in the mix for Grimes.

Losing out on Grimes shouldn't have a major impact on the balance of power in trade talks with the New York Jets. To this point, the Bucs have been the only legitimate suitors for Revis.

Follow Chris Wesseling on Twitter @ChrisWesseling.

Don't wanna go to Cleaveland, Tampa bay don't think you're worth it...

....I'll leave the porch-light on for you, homie. You know where Smitty keeps the spare key.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I got the feeling we'll get a good long-term starter DE and CB in this draft.

And neither will be 1st round picks. *shrug*
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    That's a good look as long as they stay away from the Clemson defense cause they don't know how to stop a damn thing
  • ya boi g
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I see there is no new news on Osi. He must not be coming down on his price.

And Im starting to think Grimes probably wont sign until sometime after the draft. I read somewhere that he wont be able to do a full workout for teams until around June.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    [img]http://? .static.falcons.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/news/2012/10-October/mockdraft_960.jpg[/img]

DRAFT NEGRODAMUS POST.

I got the feeling that if we don't get Grimes or any other solid vet CB, our first pick will be...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTjE6cbMEDs

And I'm cool with that. Good size. Good technique. And I like the fact that he shined in a tough conference WITHOUT the best talent around him.

Whether we get a DB, DE, TE or whatever, I prefer it be a standout that doesn't play with alot of other standout players.

Think about it, top 5 QBs in the league --- Hardly any of them played on "top" college teams (except for Maybe Peyton, Top DE's -- same thing, Top 5 CBs -- same thing, Top 5 pass rushers -- same thing, etc, etc.

Seems like the real stars are the standouts on average to decent teams that weren't even close to being National Title contenders or there were no equal or better talents around their position.

Given that the closest thing Dimitroff has had to a "bust" was a d-lineman (Peria Jerry) I think he might be gun-shy on going D-line in the first round.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    I keep hearing more and more that we may trade up in the draft.

As the draft gets closer we will probably start to hear rumors about who the Falcons are trying to get. Id take a corner though. That's a spot where we need to get younger and more athletic.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I think, as with Julio, we have one or two players targeted, and if TD feels like we have to trade up to get them we will.

I would rather stay at the 30 spot, trade up in 2ND ROUND, and get 2 picks between 30 and 40. I think we could pull that off by trading our 2nd round pick this and next year, and maybe a 4th rounder.

I don't really see any pass rushers or DB's that are worth trading up int the first round for. Especially not more thant 4 or 5 spots.

Jonathan Banks is probably as good or better than Trufant, and none of the DE's really stand out.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    @JayGlazer: Osi Umenyora is the newest Falcon as he has agreed to a 2 year deal
  • A$AP
    A$AP Members Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    YGb1n3l.jpg 2 year 8.5 million deal RiseUp
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    osi132935--415x415.jpg

460x.jpg

He already know what to do
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    RB
    DE
    CB
    DT
    LB

We're almost there

We'll probably get those in the draft. The only FA I see us signing is a Dansby type ? for LB depth and we still need Willymo insurance

• Livefromclayco
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    RB
    DE
    CB
    DT
    LB

We're almost there

We'll probably get those in the draft. The only FA I see us signing is a Dansby type ? for LB depth and we still need Willymo insurance

They should resign Chris Hope for the vet minimum again. He's a starting caliber player that can play both saftey positions. I think TD will low ball Grimes and see if he takes the bait. If not, I can see him trading up in the draft for a CB. That rookie & McClain is the future of the secondary. I wonder how much Dansby wants. He's better than Dent & NIC imo.

Co-sign hope but I don't see Miko coming back he's got too many offers and I can see him doing that Lofton ? and taking another deal out of emotion

• greenwood1921
    Options
    Yeah, I fuxx with Chris Hope heavy. He can play a lil nickel too.

Plus he deserves a new deal just off that "salsa smash" alone. lol
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    According to PFT we still have 6.2 Millie in cap space.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/27/team-by-team-cap-space-as-of-march-26/

That may or may not include Osi'? , but don't forget that there's a rookie exemption so it doesn't count money to be paid to draft picks.

(For example, the Cowboys only have 51k left, lol, that ain't enough for a practice squad rookie kicker.)
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I wonder what number Osi will rock. Some-timey ass Sam Baker got 72. They should compete against each other in practice. If Osi gets more than 3 sacks on him in camp, he gets it. lol