(((******OFFICIAL 2013/14 DIRTEE-BIRD THREAD******))) #TRAPbackJUMPIN!

Options

Comments

• ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL If he actually said that.... But damn thats ? up..........

Im holding off judgement until I see what happens this time......

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Abe Twitter post

I really planned on retiring a falcon I loved and still do love this place so plz stop asking me to come back I signed a 3yr bs deal jus so I cud finish my career here I played 1yr hs, 6yr nyj, 7yrs atl my heart is here but ? works in strange ways so im riding his wave
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He got a point though. As much as fans want players to take "one for the team" contractually, nobody ever holds these Teams and GM's to the same standard. *shrug*
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/falcons_matt_ryan_mike_smith_should_divorce/13222321
    Great QB, great head coach, what’s the problem?

Simply stated, it’s Ryan’s and Smith’s in-game demeanor. Have you ever looked at their faces when the going gets tough for the Falcons in a big game. It’s one of dejection, confusion and lacks confidence. It’s a look that will go unnoticed if it comes from a second string running back or the offensive line coach. But when it comes from the franchise quarterback and head coach, it’s infectious and spreads throughout the Falcons sideline like a doomsday plague. Don’t believe it? Go back and look at the two playoff games from this past postseason against the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers. Once things got rough, both Ryan’s and Smith’s ? expressions read, “here we go again…we can’t win this game.” You won’t see that from Tom Brady and Bill Belichik. You won’t see it from Sean Payton and Drew Brees. But you will see it from Mike Smith and Matt Ryan, and until the two are separated, the Falcons will never win a Super Bowl

• greenwood1921
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/falcons_matt_ryan_mike_smith_should_divorce/13222321

Great QB, great head coach, what’s the problem?

Simply stated, it’s Ryan’s and Smith’s in-game demeanor. Have you ever looked at their faces when the going gets tough for the Falcons in a big game. It’s one of dejection, confusion and lacks confidence. It’s a look that will go unnoticed if it comes from a second string running back or the offensive line coach. But when it comes from the franchise quarterback and head coach, it’s infectious and spreads throughout the Falcons sideline like a doomsday plague. Don’t believe it? Go back and look at the two playoff games from this past postseason against the Seattle Seahawks and San Francisco 49ers. Once things got rough, both Ryan’s and Smith’s ? expressions read, “here we go again…we can’t win this game.” You won’t see that from Tom Brady and Bill Belichik. You won’t see it from Sean Payton and Drew Brees. But you will see it from Mike Smith and Matt Ryan, and until the two are separated, the Falcons will never win a Super Bowl.

I guess he means this look...

9e77afceca6e45df543647ffce5a4c13-tom-brady-mad-2.jpg
    pats-lose-on-belichick-stunner.jpeg

Will-Saints-big-hit-change-game-UM16D52U-x-large.jpgbrees.jpg

It's so obvious when somebody that doesn't know ? about football or just hating is writing about it. They reach with dumb ? like this.

• Livefromclayco
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily put it all on the defense. I think if we can get a running game to take time off the clock in the 2nd half we'll be alright.

Our offense scores so fast that the defense is on the field for most of the game so it's natural that they give up points in the second half
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily put it all on the defense. I think if we can get a running game to take time off the clock in the 2nd half we'll be alright.

Our offense scores so fast that the defense is on the field for most of the game so it's natural that they give up points in the second half

This. The days of dominant, super shut down defenses are over (i.e. the Steelers in the 70s and the early 2000 ravens.)

Niners had one of the best defenses in the league and still got destroyed by us and Seattle.

It's all about putting pressure on the QB and eating clock with a running game when you get a lead.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    8 pages deep and we ain't even hit the draft yet. Now that I think on it, it is kinda weird we got the biggest fan contingent on the CS.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    8 pages deep and we ain't even hit the draft yet. Now that I think on it, it is kinda weird we got the biggest fan contingent on the CS.

Word. We even got "imitators". I could start a "Official Dirtee-Bird Monday thread" and it'll be 3 other NFL team "Monday" threads by midnight. lol.

Also peep the "nickname" trend theme in the team thread titles. When we started this ? it was just ? like "2009 Mavericks thread". Now ? be like...

"(((( 2013 "DIRK DA GAWD - CUBAN MISSILE CRISIS MAVERICKS THREAD -- DO THE STANKY LEG!)))"

• ya boi g
    Options
    What are we? About 3-4 years in with the Falcons thread?

That first year we got a lot of hate. Hell we got a lot of views so ? lurkin they just not saying anything.
  • Banco Andretti
    Banco Andretti Members Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Options
    Howard LB Keith Pough has drawn interest from both 4-3 and 3-4 teams, including the Bears, #Falcons, Ravens, Raiders, Rams and Bucs.@ajcfalcons
    Texas A&M LB Sean Porter is drawing attention from both 4-3 and 3-4 teams. He has had private workouts w Chiefs, #Falcons, Cowboys & Pats.@ajcfalcons
    #Falcons local day Wed: Morehouse RB David Carter, UGA CB Brandon Smith, Valdosta St. OG Edmund Kuglia, Ala A&M Jamaal Johnson-Webb invited.@ajcfalcons
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    LOL at Ray Edwards

"I think [Falcons head coach] Mike Smith [gave me
    the problem player label] because me and him
    weren’t on the best of terms. He felt someone was
    better than me, but I knew he wasn’t. Players didn’t
    agree with him. He just didn’t like me.”
  • greenwood1921
    edited April 2013
    Options
    LOL at Ray Edwards

"I think [Falcons head coach] Mike Smith [gave me
    the problem player label] because me and him
    weren’t on the best of terms. He felt someone was
    better than me, but I knew he wasn’t. Players didn’t
    agree with him. He just didn’t like me.”

I agree with Ray. Look at all the sacks and tackles for loss that he got when he was in there. ? speaks for itself.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz9TmwmG9Mbh3bO9myPDcPbRLsy2imw6Y055MP4hwSOC2jcPdSxQ

Foh. Osi can actually get away with that claim. He played half the snaps for the Giants last year and still got 6 sacks.

This nikka Ray need to keep knocking out tomatoe cans in his YMCA boxing league and shut the ? up.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    Ray Edwards full of ? ...........
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Howard LB Keith Pough has drawn interest from both 4-3 and 3-4 teams, including the Bears, #Falcons, Ravens, Raiders, Rams and Bucs.@ajcfalcons
    Texas A&M LB Sean Porter is drawing attention from both 4-3 and 3-4 teams. He has had private workouts w Chiefs, #Falcons, Cowboys & Pats.@ajcfalcons
    #Falcons local day Wed: Morehouse RB David Carter, UGA CB Brandon Smith, Valdosta St. OG Edmund Kuglia, Ala A&M Jamaal Johnson-Webb invited.@ajcfalcons

We're definitely going to pick at least one hybrid LB/DE. We're not switching to a pure 3-4. Nolan just likes his DE's to be able to drop back in coverage and stunt alot.

I heard that David Carter cat from Morehouse turned down a couple D-1 schollies to go there. And that he's better than Denzel Washington's son that played there (and almost made the final roster for the Rams.)
  • greenwood1921
    edited April 2013
    Options

^^^ 1991 squad = Best secondary in the league back then. Hands the ? down.

CB Prime Time (Goat)
    CB Mckyer (Solid, 6 INTs that year.)
    SS Scott Case (Pro-bowler, 3rd hardest hitting safety in the league behind Lott and Atwater)
    FS Brian Jordan (Pro-Bowl, had 4 sacks & 2 ints.)

$(KGrHqVHJDcE63Z(m!E5BO4VMlzVf!~~60_35.JPGimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcREF4mzmJf0I-OFlI8LvWmmwTd251d2az5FjrIyZOeKrBBksyX3p-468921-brian-jordan-autographed-hand-signed-football-card-atlanta-falcons-1991-topps-rb-aw-37178.jpg

• greenwood1921
    Options
    ? baseball for having those fat, guaranteed contracts. Took Brian Jordan away from us.

He could've been one of the top safeties of the 90s had he stayed in the league.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Just dawned on me that Case and WillyMo both rock that 25.

Ironically, their game is very similar. Both hard hitters, ball hawks, from the Big 12.

I'm not sure if Scott Case could spit bars tho. lol
  • greenwood1921
    Options
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    I just realized half the ? Willymo shouted out in W.A.R got they walking papers

Might be time for a remix
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    *yawn*

Falcons get the same ? my Thunder get.

Everybody wanna talk about how "talented" we are when it supports whatever hater point they're trying to prove.

But when it comes time to give these individual players their INDIVIDUAL props, the same clowns get quiet.

And I love how nobody wants to give us our props as an elite team, but yet we've "failed" unless we win the Super Bowl.

If a team is considered a failure for not winning it all, that automatically makes them elite.

Niners got handed paper championships in 2011 for doing the same thing we did this year (lose in the NFCCG) and this year, the Seahawks are the paper champs and we beat them 2 years in a row.

lol

Let'em keep movin that goal post. Skip already got sonned by Lebron... Matty on deck.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    I think hes worth the extra 4th we have or a 5th if he is still on the board. He really isnt that great of a cover corner but he has a knack for making the big play, especially on Special Teams. He could be useful while he learns to play corner in the NFL.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    I think hes worth the extra 4th we have or a 5th if he is still on the board. He really isnt that great of a cover corner but he has a knack for making the big play, especially on Special Teams. He could be useful while he learns to play corner in the NFL.

Cosign. That's why I say he's not worth more than 4th. 3rd at best. Some squad like Tennessee or Cincinnati might take the risk in the first 3 rounds tho.