(((******OFFICIAL 2013/14 DIRTEE-BIRD THREAD******))) #TRAPbackJUMPIN!

Options

Comments

• Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what number Osi will rock. Some-timey ass Sam Baker got 72. They should compete against each other in practice. If Osi gets more than 3 sacks on him in camp, he gets it. lol

Probably 90 since Chuck Smith is his mentor

• ya boi g
    ya boi g Members Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    We sign one more vet for the defense (CB,LB) and I will feel good about this upcoming season. I still hope we find a way to bring Abe back. 3rd down with Osi and Abe comin at ya would be nice.

Im guessing we are down with bringing people in until after the draft. Maybe Dansby and a CB. Im down for resigning Hope too...

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    I wonder what number Osi will rock. Some-timey ass Sam Baker got 72. They should compete against each other in practice. If Osi gets more than 3 sacks on him in camp, he gets it. lol

Probably 90 since Chuck Smith is his mentor

My nikka Big Chuck! I met him before, cool ass nikka. I loved it when he was on the Frank Ski morning show.

He went to Juco at Northeastern Oklahoma, (one of the best Juco's in the country for football too.)
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    ya boi g wrote: »
    We sign one more vet for the defense (CB,LB) and I will feel good about this upcoming season. I still hope we find a way to bring Abe back. 3rd down with Osi and Abe comin at ya would be nice.

Im guessing we are down with bringing people in until after the draft. Maybe Dansby and a CB. Im down for resigning Hope too...

We need to get Abe or Brent back. I don't really care which one. Regardless of talent, I don't want 3 new starters on defense.

I got the feeling our defense is gonna gel nicely in the 2nd year of Nolan's system. We were trolling the ? out of all the best QBs we played last year. Only ones gave us problems were the read-option gimmicks.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Word, I do see Abe coming back. I can even envision a scenario where he signs somewhere else, gets cut in camp, and comes back.
  • ya boi g
    Options
    What I wanna know is if there is even an offer on the table for Abe.....

Its not my career or money so I cant say what he should do but if it was me and there was an offer on the table that was close to what other teams offered id return to Atlanta. The team was 10 yards away from a possible Superbowl game, havent lost much in terms of talent and he gonna get his snaps so he has a chance to move up on the sacks list and get the FF record that he wants.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Just negotiations. You only gonna get 2 or 3 contracts in your career and that's if you're a top player. Get the most guaranteed paper you can and then bow out.

Abe knows that whatever he signs for next will be his last set of paychecks.

And I know for a fact he's a James Harden-esque trick so he needs the paper. lol
  • ya boi g
    Options
    LOL.... I heard the same ? about Abe. Heard a funny story about that boi.

Either way its starting to look like we gonna be aight. Ah ? just being impatient round here. Looking forward to that draft now.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Seems like Osi is the DE version of Jax right now mentally.

- Salty about the way things ended with his last team (playing time)

- still can play at a high level (6 sacks as a rotating DE is not bad at all.)

- Feels like he needs to prove something to doubters.

Only difference is Osi doesn't need us to help him win. He brings 2 rings in the locker room with'em which is always good.
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Hypothetical draft situation let's say the Falcons are drafting a DB would you...

A.) Do a Julio type trade and get in the top 10 for Dee Milner

B.) Trade into the 20's for a Desmond Trufant

C.) Stay at 30 and take a Jonathan Banks

39df09d1-9393-41e4-bbd2-a451f31ea9b9
  • Livefromclayco
    Options
    Tony Pauline@TonyPauline

Desmond Trufant/CB/Washington visited the Atlanta Falcons yesterday....could be the pick if he's available at pick # 30...
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    allday1992 wrote: »
    Hypothetical draft situation let's say the Falcons are drafting a DB would you...

A.) Do a Julio type trade and get in the top 10 for Dee Milner

B.) Trade into the 20's for a Desmond Trufant

C.) Stay at 30 and take a Jonathan Banks

39df09d1-9393-41e4-bbd2-a451f31ea9b9

B.

If it looks like Trufant and Banks will be gone by 30.

The more I analyze Banks, the more I think he's >>>> Trufant.

However, Trufant went against more pass heavy offenses, and watches film with his NFL brother (but his brother is borderline trash now).

I saw a segment about banks during the season. Cool kid, humble, got a son and kept him on campus in the offseason, etc.

Plus he won the Thorpe award (the DB Heisman.)

I think both will be pro-bowl caliber at some point.

Almost a "can't lose" choice like Julio & AJ Green.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I actually think Milner is the 3rd or even 4th best cb in the draft.

He can chalk his draft status up to Bama/SEC hype.

• ya boi g
    Options
    C..... Id take Banks if both available. Like him better for some reason
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    [img]http://? .static.falcons.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/news/2012/10-October/mockdraft_960.jpg[/img]

My ideal draft...

(Based on availability of course)

1st - Johnathan Banks, CB Miss. St. (or Trufant CB/WAS)
    2nd - Datone Jones, DE, UCLA ( or T. Carradine, DE/FSU,
    3rd - Gavin Escobar, TE, SDSU (or Dion Sims, TE/MSU)
    4th - Quanterus Smith, DE, WKU (Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois)
    4th - Nickell Robey, CB USC (or Best CB available)
    5th - Ace Sanders, WR, SCAR (or Josh Boyce, WR TCU or best KR/PR/WR available)
    6th - T.J. Barnes, NT, G-Tech (or best space-eater available)
    7th - Demontre Hurst, CB Oklahoma (or BPA)
    7th - (BPA -- Prefer DE)
    7th- (BPA -- Prefer DE)

*I left out our original 7th rounder because I consider that trade bait to move up in a later round like we did to get Quizz.

This is one of the deepest drafts in a while. Most drafts are top heavy with a bunch of "big names" in the first round and a bunch of filler after the 2nd round.

But I guarantee there will be at least 30 future pro-bowlers drafted in this draft AFTER the 2nd round.

There are alot of players that I watched over the years who will come into this draft with low stock because of the depth of their position, a so-so year, disappointing combines, injuries, pro days, etc.

Another ? -damus prediction -- We will draft a key starter with one of those 7th round picks. We can only trade our original, so we're guaranteed to have at least 3, 4 at the most.

• greenwood1921
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    edited March 2013
    Options
    98 NFCCG is on NFL Network. FYI. (already on est, at noon pst.)
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Yea i'm watching it. Tuggle out there beastin.

His son is entering the draft this year. I wouldnt mind TD picking him up with one of the 7th round picks.

Yeah, but ? that nikka for this ? ...

rn_u_fumble1_ms_600.jpg
  • Banco Andretti
    Banco Andretti Members Posts: 37 ✭✭
    Options
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Something tells me that TD will make an Asante type of trade for a cb just as a safety net in case the rookie doesnt pan immediately.

You never know with TD. I would be REAL surprised if our draft order stays the same. He makes at least one surprising move per year it seems like.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    @greenwood1921 Very Solid Picks

Preeshate it, bruh. Falcon fan?
  • Banco Andretti
    Options
  • Banco Andretti
    Options
    @greenwood1921 What U Think About Lattimore Should We Give Him A Shot With Our 5th Pick?
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    @greenwood1921 What U Think About Lattimore Should We Give Him A Shot With Our 5th Pick?

I wouldn't be mad at it. A similar risk was taken with Willis McGahee with the Bills and he ended up being a 1,000 rusher with a couple pro bowls (with several teams).

I wouldn't draft him higher than the 4th tho. But it makes sense with a mid to late round pick.

Low risk/high reward is always good.