Did this DAD go too far?

Options

Comments

• ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »
    eLol @ some of tandem em comments...

What you ? fail to realise is that if you need to beat a child with a cable cord, you already lost with you're parenting skills. Just goes to show that you can't handle reasoning with them and showing them the error of there ways without physical contact....loser ass parents.

If you're child only understands physical discipline, the long term effects are negative and reoccurring. Hence the child grows up to be the same.

And these girls will probably end up with a man that beats they ass...and when daddy goes to the hospital to pick up his busted up daughters...he can blame himself.

They say that females are drawn to men that display the same qualities as there father....

When I usta get whooped it went like this

1st offense warning...

2nd harder warning...

3rd whooping( belt)

4th extinction cord..

Most parents dont come out da gate wit da cord unless they told u multiple times about somthing or u doing somthin COMPLETELY out of line i.e. being a 12-14 year old girl twerking on da net...

Ok, you've said yourself that you had very little home structure and stability. You also stated that you were often away from your mother, your father wasn't in the picture, and the few adults in your life, you had very little respect for.

If it took four times to redirect you, I can safely say it is due to you having never been taught to respect anyone of authority in your life, because you have very little of it from the jump. No one really put in the time to actually 'parent' you, and this is based on what you have shared on this site. Your mom was on drugs for a while, you all moved from place to place, so when you should have been a child, you were facing adult problems and had no clue as to how to deal with it.

I've said it to you once before, your life really sucked growing up.
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ms.jones wrote: »
    eLol @ some of tandem em comments...

What you ? fail to realise is that if you need to beat a child with a cable cord, you already lost with you're parenting skills. Just goes to show that you can't handle reasoning with them and showing them the error of there ways without physical contact....loser ass parents.

If you're child only understands physical discipline, the long term effects are negative and reoccurring. Hence the child grows up to be the same.

And these girls will probably end up with a man that beats they ass...and when daddy goes to the hospital to pick up his busted up daughters...he can blame himself.

They say that females are drawn to men that display the same qualities as there father....

1st offense warning...

2nd harder warning...

3rd whooping( belt)

4th extinction cord..

Most parents dont come out da gate wit da cord unless they told u multiple times about somthing or u doing somthin COMPLETELY out of line i.e. being a 12-14 year old girl twerking on da net...

Ok, you've said yourself that you had very little home structure and stability. You also stated that you were often away from your mother, your father wasn't in the picture, and the few adults in your life, you had very little respect for.
    If it took four times to redirect you, I can safely say it is due to you having never been taught to respect anyone of authority in your life, because you have very little of it from the jump. No one really put in the time to actually 'parent' you, and this is based on what you have shared on this site. Your mom was on drugs for a while, you all moved from place to place, so when you should have been a child, you were facing adult problems and had no clue as to how to deal with it.

I've said it to you once before, your life really sucked growing up.

besides what i lined out everything else was on point..

Yea I may had very little structure as a kid as far as being raised but I did respect my elders cuz if i didn't i woulda got whooped..

btw it rarely got to that point with the extinction cord.. usually the whoopin wit da belt was all it took..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    jay83 wrote: »
    Just curious.

Question for the anti spanking crowd.....

What if your child cussed you out or called you a ? outta anger? would you talk it out or blow the dust off the belt in the closet and go to work?

This is where people get it confused...saying don't beat/whoop your child often gets taken to the extreme of "Oh so your child is just going to walk all over you." I'd cater it to however I knew it'd affect that child the most. There's no one method that works on all kids. You got to consider their individual personalities when punishing them.

So what if said kids personality warrants a ass whoopin??

Then you act accordingly but still within reason. Problem is people think ? like belts, shoes, extension cords etc is "within reason" and it's not.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just curious.

What if your child cussed you out or called you a ? outta anger? would you talk it out or blow the dust off the belt in the closet and go to work?

This is where people get it confused...saying don't beat/whoop your child often gets taken to the extreme of "Oh so your child is just going to walk all over you." I'd cater it to however I knew it'd affect that child the most. There's no one method that works on all kids. You got to consider their individual personalities when punishing them.

Use judgement, some kids do need an ass whooping...

But in this case he went to far...and the crime did not warrant the punishment.

So u condone yo 12-14 year old daughters shaking her ass on the net?

smh aint da ic famous 4 quoting Chris rock saying " a fathers main goal in life is making sure his daughters dont end up on the pole"?

Nope, couldn't be my daughter(s)...

I would prolly take they ass to the strip club and let them get a dose of reality....make em see the kind of heathens they tryna impress...idk...but it would be a dose of reality...my kids intelligent and that approach would be more effective.

Whatever I did, it would not involve beating then with...anything.

My son on the other hand can get a dead arm/leg for his fuckery...toughen him up wit a swift jab....make a man out of him. Again nothing excessive tho...
  • blackrain
    Options
    He did the right thing cuz those are his kids ...he can discipline them however he wants

So a person should be able to beat their kids black and blue if they feel it's discipline? Not saying that's what this dad did, but saying a person can discipline their kids how they want is a dangerous thing to promote
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Just curious.

smh aint da ic famous 4 quoting Chris rock saying " a fathers main goal in life is making sure his daughters dont end up on the pole"?

I would prolly take they ass to the strip club and let them get a dose of reality....make em see the kind of heathens they tryna impress...idk...but it would be a dose of reality...my kids intelligent and that approach would be more effective.

My son on the other hand can get a dead arm/leg for his fuckery...toughen him up wit a swift jab....make a man out of him. Again nothing excessive tho...

again 2 each is own... yes there are plenty of things parents do 2 teach dey kids.. but imo if it was me walking in on that id prolly act the same way... but i also would punish them in other ways as well that's the thing... that ass whoopin wouldn't be the only thing that would come from that situation.. so between getting whooped and the other punishment (what ever it would be) they would learn not 2 do that again... or at least think twice..
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He did the right thing cuz those are his kids ...he can discipline them however he wants

So a person should be able to beat their kids black and blue if they feel it's discipline? Not saying that's what this dad did, but saying a person can discipline their kids how they want is a dangerous thing to promote

How?
  • blackrain
    Options

How?

Answer this...do you think you should be able to hit a child like they're a full grown adult?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

How?

Answer this...do you think you should be able to hit a child like they're a full grown adult?

How u gonna answer a question with a question..and 2. Define child...3. He used a belt. And took it easy on them..
  • damobb2deep
    Options

u should be able to raise yo kids the way u want.... only truly abusive parents seek out 2 beat they kids black and blue..
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Just curious.

you do know this could have the reverse effect of what you want...

they could see the money an be impressed.

what some of yall dont understand is that your children are different when your around and when your not around. no one is saying beating right from the gate...but i do think certain things are warranted. Maybe this man is big on his child having respect for herself. maybe he met the mom in a strip club an didnt want his daughter turning out like her mother...we dont know

how do we know he didnt sit them down afterwards an talk to them? its assumed he didnt.
    maybe he keeps talking to them and tried the talking approach til he was blue in the face.
    yall say bad parenting...what if the child is influenced by an older family member? you have noidead who say what or does what when your not around. you can teach all you want...its up to the child to make the final decision.

too many people on here are perfect and never got into trouble or had to learn a hard lesson.

as for your son.... a jab can be considered excessive
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Lol @ some of the comments...

1st offense warning...

2nd harder warning...

3rd whooping( belt)

4th extinction cord..

this is how i was taught. and you know something, i have much respect for my elders. i learned good or so i think they are good decision making skills, because i have to think about the consequence of my actions.

did my parents beat my ass...yes. did i always need my ass whipped, no. did my dad talk to me after an ass whipping, yes.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

How?

i havent seen an adult get beat with a cord....if he beat her like an adult...he would have choked her,kicked her and punched her.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the mother wasn't recording then who was holding the camera?

Also I don't believe that this is the first time he's given them girls whoopings so the whole "mother called the police" seems to me like she was saving face because the video went viral.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Lol @ some of the comments...

what about the qualities of love and caring? what about tough love? maybe she will understand when shes older that he may have overdid it or maybe she will understand why he did it and thank him for the type of love most young ladies dont see from a father.

maybe those qualities will stop her from jumping in a mans face when she gets older. those same qualities may stop her from disrespecting her man,or challenging him like so many females do now, right before they get they ass beat by that dude.

i understand what your trying to say, but that usually comes from the way a child sees their dad treat their mother. not how the father treats the child. if they see their mother getting beat they think thats how your supposed to be treated and what to expect from a man.

yall bashing this man....why not give him props for at least being around to beat her ass.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    If the mother wasn't recording then who was holding the camera?

Also I don't believe that this is the first time he's given them girls whoopings so the whole "mother called the police" seems to me like she was saving face because the video went viral.

could have been. people gettin these chicks ear an they buckle rather than standing they ground. tell her she was a bad mother for letting this happen to her children.

right now that man is in jail for trying to be a dad. hes not perfect but hes trying. yet, we have all these ? walking around that aint doing ? for they kids. im going to look this ? up an put money on his books.

now what if in two weeks we see this little girl twerking in tight ass ? shorts? who we gonna blame?

first thing ? gonna say is i'd samsh. then they will have a moment of clarity an say" where are the parents, of maybe the dad is locked up not doing his job"
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited April 2013
    Options
    wait...now that i think about it.

the mother was mad at the beating but not the twerking?

an yall say the dad is teaching them bad ? ?
  • aka_OG
    aka_OG Members Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Although it was initially reported that the girls were beaten for recording themselves twerking, they told police they were beaten for sneaking out of the house.

sigh. They gonna put dude in jail and them broads gonna be pregnant by end of 2013 - watch
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

1st offense warning...

2nd harder warning...

3rd whooping( belt)

4th extinction cord..

How me and my 3 bros were raised....I dont think any parents just come off with the belt after the first bad thing done
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options

1st offense warning...

2nd harder warning...

3rd whooping( belt)

4th extinction cord..

How me and my 3 bros were raised....I dont think any parents just come off with the belt after the first bad thing done

not unless your ass cant stay outta trouble an cops always knocking on the front door
  • DOC H0LL!DAY
    DOC H0LL!DAY Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? got charged for this ? ?!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited April 2013
    Options
    ? got charged for this ? ?!

yo...this ? sig is the GOAT.
    lol
    im going to GOAT every time i see this ?
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is what did him in. (on top of the video)

"According to the police report, one of the girls had visible welts on her legs and open wounds in the thigh area from being beaten with the video cable."
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like I said, that ? can do damage. Dude was whipping them girls like slaves and injured them in the same way. That's too much. And the mother agreed.