Did this DAD go too far?

Options

Comments

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm all in favour for beatings but they need to stop putting these types of videos online

No they dont. Keep 'em coming. Im showing this video to both my daughters and tell them this is what happens when you decide to compete with ratchetness.

So what you're saying is that this video serves as a cautionary tale which would deter you (and many other parents around the world) from having to beat your daughters, thus reducing whoppings/beatings for all kids in the longterm? hmmm....

tumblr_lzeigxaIyi1qkrxbwo1_500.gif

I guess "his daughters had to go through it so yours wouldn't have to..."

lol that Jay-Z line just popped in my head, "Hov did that"
  • damobb2deep
    damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FucktheIC wrote: »
    darkone360 wrote: »
    I bet them lil hefas learned that day why they shouldn't be makin twerk vids.

But don't you think this deserves a much deeper conversation? Correcting this behavior without having a discussion about the underlying issues isn't doing them a favor. So sure, don't make twerk videos, but twerkin' at parties is cool.

Twerkin @ a party >>> a twerk video that can be played 4 random ? on da net 2 see and discuss
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got whoopings from my maa. Can't say it worked, can't say it didn't. I wasn't really a terribly behaved child/teenager. Last time she hit me, I didn't do the ? she thought I did. Didn't even bother tellin' her it wasn't me; not like she'd let me take a free shot at her face or anything.

And fam there's a difference between disciplining your kid and what this ? done. He attacked them like they were strangers

Lastly, he's a grown man and they're lil hoes. Was a weapon really necessary?
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didn't get beat after a certain age usually 8 once you beat kids after that age all they'll do is grow up hating you. IDK maybe the father should have left something like that up to the mother then it wouldn't seem so abusive.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with this video.

and all that damn screamin' WTF wrong with them?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got beat like dis as a kid... It helped...

Its funny dat people lookin @ dis as abuse.. this was a 12-14 year old Lil girls lookin 4 likes on youtube..

But if this same dad saw them twerk and became dey manager

*cough* twerk team u people would be screamin bout h bein a bad dad...

www.troofness.com
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

Its funny dat people lookin @ dis as abuse.. this was a 12-14 year old Lil girls lookin 4 likes on youtube..

But if this same dad saw them twerk and became dey manager

*cough* twerk team u people would be screamin bout h bein a bad dad...

www.troofness.com
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

And there you have it folks. Beating your kids with house hold items can make your children into an upright citizen like damobb.
    Probably the best argument against beating your kids I've ever seen.
  • politicalthug202
    politicalthug202 Members Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    theres an ample evidence that shows whoopings dont work,they establish authority
    so people wont do bad stuff in front of their parents,but kids do bad stuff from the perspective
    that they will not get caught just like criminals. You have to psychologically instill values in her
    so that she does not want twerk even if she can get away with it. This is what middleclass parents get that
    parents in the hood dont. 80% of the dudes in state prison got whooped as kids didnt stop how they turned out

if she even wants to twerk in the 1st place you are doing something worng
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    I got whoopings from my maa. Can't say it worked, can't say it didn't. I wasn't really a terribly behaved child/teenager. Last time she hit me, I didn't do the ? she thought I did. Didn't even bother tellin' her it wasn't me; not like she'd let me take a free shot at her face or anything.

And fam there's a difference between disciplining your kid and what this ? done. He attacked them like they were strangers

Lastly, he's a grown man and they're lil hoes. Was a weapon really necessary?

Lol @ weapon. If that's the case, a lot of our parents had and arsenal then. Lol!
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    theres an ample evidence that shows whoopings dont work,they establish authority
    so people wont do bad stuff in front of their parents,but kids do bad stuff from the perspective
    that they will not get caught just like criminals. You have to psychologically instill values in her
    so that she does not want twerk even if she can get away with it. This is what middleclass parents get that
    parents in the hood dont. 80% of the dudes in state prison got whooped as kids didnt stop how they turned out

if she even wants to twerk in the 1st place you are doing something worng

and what of the many more who were beaten as kids but have never been to jail?

IMO. Kids will be kids. Yeah catchin' your daughter twerkin' is emotional, but its different for them than it was for us. We never had social media, which corrupts minds of all ages. We got grown hoes on Insta doin' ? , so it must be tough to be a lil ? ' these days.

• Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Too far? This is quite normal in most third world households (In the US of A) btw...
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what, maybe I'm giving your kids too much credit. I remember though, the times I actually learned my lesson was when I was sat down and my parents talked to me about why what I was doing was wrong, how it hurt others, and how it hurt them. I remember when I caught myself being a tough guy skipping school to smoke weed, and dukes sat me down, we had a legit heart to heart where she started crying and I didn't skip another day of high school for 2 and a half years.

If she'd just whooped my ass, I probably would have just be okay. These are young adults, it's more than just them being "bad." You give small children a couple taps and explain why what they're doing is wrong, because they cannot really understand much else, but you still talk to them.

I don't know about y'all, but if either of my parents beat me like that at 14/15, I wouldn't give a ? about anything else they had to say about what I did. I did my dirt, got caught, got my ass beat, and that's all I need to know. Anything else about the situation is irrelevant, I woulda been saying "? you," in my mind.

Also, stop using yourself and others as proof that spanking works, because it's purely anecdotal. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but I am saying I don't think it's the most effective way to parent.

Yeah, but can say the same about talkin to your child not being effective as well. Whuppin azzz works for some kids. Sittin down and just talkin to them works for others. It depends on the the situation.

But in THIS situation, whuppin azzz is warranted. Again, no one can say the father NEVER spoke to them about this based off this clip. Nor do any of us know the full story about these 2 girls, and the relationship they have wit their parents. For all we know, these hefas are the disrespectful, hell raising type of kids. Who knows. But you can't judge how this man raises HIS daughters in his household, based off a short clip.

That's parenting people.

Yes I can, he beat them with a ? extension cord. How is that okay?

The ? is wrong with you people? I'm letting you know this right now, if I ever hit my child like that, I can't get mad if they swing back. They're people, bruh. Not ? animals.
  • Gold_Certificate
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Beatings stopped working on me by the time I was twelve or so.

I'd just stand there, not reacting to the pain at all, not attempting to defend myself, calmly saying ? to make them realize how foolish they looked.

"You're going to have to hit me hard enough to ? me if you think you can control me with violence."
    or
    "Avoid bruising my legs and arms, you don't want people to think you're abusing me."

Asking them ? like, "Are you finished yet?".

They'd get much angrier and hit much harder, but they still wouldn't get the response they wanted. Just a calm blank stare, peering directly into their eyes; quietly looking down upon them.

Eventually, they'd finish beating the ? out of me, and I'd just calmly go get something to drink or something, not even trying to avoid them.

I probably could've avoided a lot of pain, but ? with their minds was worth it. Once I realized their weakness was sympathy, they couldn't win.

? was GOAT.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol now he cant use something to beat

if he had used his hands, we'd be saying he beat them lil ? they was ? on the street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=409Pjtq7jzY
  • damobb2deep
    Options

And there you have it folks. Beating your kids with house hold items can make your children into an upright citizen like damobb.

Yea a 6 year military vet wit his own crib... Own car... No kids... 24 and willing 2 man up 2 his decisions..
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    <Old head that got his ass whooped, slapped, bombed on, etc etc.. I don't harbor any ? up trauma behind it. Good job at curving that behavior while they are young before someone else have to when they are grown.

Probably should have used a belt but meh, they'll live (I did)
  • damobb2deep
    Options

and there are plenty of mass shootings and ? dat is da best argument 4 getting whooped when u do somthing wrong...

Smh @ thinking if dey dad came @ them on some...

*walks in room*

Dad " what are u girls doing dancing like that 4? U kno thats not a good thing 2 do honey.. U really should be more responsible.."

The girls would be like...

" dad is rite we should not be dancing like this.. It is not rite.. Even tho (insert boys name) would like us 2 dance we should think about how this video makes us look..."
  • Rahlow
    Rahlow Members Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    how can you beat somebody if you aint angry ?

yall some true psychopaths
    exactly!

I guess he should have beat his kids on some sinister Joker from Batman type ? . Gigglin & grinning with all teeth showing in a jolly and upbeat mood.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRePaCTKhUI-3M2iX0tjNv_C8RfiSLvKhfoJD1xp94RtGL04svWwA

joker-laughing-gif-o.gif

Joker_laughing.gif

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    inb4 a ? throws out some outrageous stat about 80% of prisoners receiving corporal punishment... 100% of prisoners in federal custody drink water... oh ? ...
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    You know what, maybe I'm giving your kids too much credit. I remember though, the times I actually learned my lesson was when I was sat down and my parents talked to me about why what I was doing was wrong, how it hurt others, and how it hurt them. I remember when I caught myself being a tough guy skipping school to smoke weed, and dukes sat me down, we had a legit heart to heart where she started crying and I didn't skip another day of high school for 2 and a half years.

If she'd just whooped my ass, I probably would have just be okay. These are young adults, it's more than just them being "bad." You give small children a couple taps and explain why what they're doing is wrong, because they cannot really understand much else, but you still talk to them.

I don't know about y'all, but if either of my parents beat me like that at 14/15, I wouldn't give a ? about anything else they had to say about what I did. I did my dirt, got caught, got my ass beat, and that's all I need to know. Anything else about the situation is irrelevant, I woulda been saying "? you," in my mind.

Also, stop using yourself and others as proof that spanking works, because it's purely anecdotal. I'm not saying it doesn't work, but I am saying I don't think it's the most effective way to parent.

Yeah, but can say the same about talkin to your child not being effective as well. Whuppin azzz works for some kids. Sittin down and just talkin to them works for others. It depends on the the situation.

But in THIS situation, whuppin azzz is warranted. Again, no one can say the father NEVER spoke to them about this based off this clip. Nor do any of us know the full story about these 2 girls, and the relationship they have wit their parents. For all we know, these hefas are the disrespectful, hell raising type of kids. Who knows. But you can't judge how this man raises HIS daughters in his household, based off a short clip.

That's parenting people.

Yes I can, he beat them with a ? extension cord. How is that okay?

The ? is wrong with you people? I'm letting you know this right now, if I ever hit my child like that, I can't get mad if they swing back. They're people, bruh. Not ? animals.

Smh u musta neva got whooped.. Cuz anybody who has got whooped and deserved it knows not 2 fight back...
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    children been getting whooped for millennia... y'all wanna act like this some new wild ? ... ol sheltered ass ? ...
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options

and there are plenty of mass shootings and ? dat is da best argument 4 getting whooped when u do somthing wrong...

*walks in room*

Dad " what are u girls doing dancing like that 4? U kno thats not a good thing 2 do honey.. U really should be more responsible.."

" dad is rite we should not be dancing like this.. It is not rite.. Even tho (insert boys name) would like us 2 dance we should think about how this video makes us look..."
    You say that like beating young ladies is proven to stop them from shaking that ass on camera.

Like there's a study saying, "Hoes beaten in their youth 96% less likely to twerk that ass on youtube.".
  • damobb2deep
    Options

*walks in room*

You say that like beating young ladies is proven to stop them from shaking that ass on camera.

Like there's a study saying, "Hoes beaten in their youth 96% less likely to twerk that ass on youtube.".

u said yoself getting whooped did work 2 a extent.. And any kid that gets whooped 4 somthin like that will think twice b4 they do somthin like dat again... Will it stop them completely idk depends but I bet they will remember dat whoopin tho... Dats all dey dad can Hope 4