Did this DAD go too far?

Options

Comments

• BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reminds me.

I made a thread asking the IC what they would do if these were there daughters.
    Most of the responses were, "Meh, /shrug."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbQ552HWSlE
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm all for beatings, but that looked like it was all for show
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question: "What does it mean to 'spare the rod, spoil the child'?"

Answer: The phrase “spare the rod, spoil the child” comes from Proverbs 13:24, “He who spares the rod hates his son, but he who loves him is careful to discipline him.”

The Lord uses discipline to reveal our sin to us. This is also how parents reveal the truth of our need for a Savior to their children.

When a child does not feel the consequence of his sin, he will not understand that sin requires punishment. The Lord provides a way to salvation and forgiveness through Jesus, but that means little to those who do not see their sin.

Furthermore, correction shows us that we are not above reproach and that we are accountable for our actions

• Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rockets wrote: »
    Many fails in this video. The dad should be whopping his own ass. First of all why are children "twerking". Why do they even know what that is? The dad should ask himself that and monitor what his children watch and who their friends are better. Also, someone said that was a "basic" ass whopping? ? did you grow up in Prince Street projects in Newark? This is only basic to hood ass folks who curse out their children, have multiple baby fathas and mammas and have purple weaves. This whopping was overboard. I hope the father gets charge and spends some time in jail. Hopefully he can think about ways to have his children respect him without whopping their ass so babdly. And whats up with uploading this ? anyway. It only shows us what a bad parent you are.

I find it funny folks who think like this, are the same ones yellin out "Where were the parents" when that child gets in trouble with the law. Or turns into the street life. Or has multiple kids. Or get mad @ the parents for not disciplining their child when they get outta line.

Like someone said earlier, I bet they'll think twice about makin a twerk video.

• rockets
    rockets Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    Many fails in this video. The dad should be whopping his own ass. First of all why are children "twerking". Why do they even know what that is? The dad should ask himself that and monitor what his children watch and who their friends are better. Also, someone said that was a "basic" ass whopping? ? did you grow up in Prince Street projects in Newark? This is only basic to hood ass folks who curse out their children, have multiple baby fathas and mammas and have purple weaves. This whopping was overboard. I hope the father gets charge and spends some time in jail. Hopefully he can think about ways to have his children respect him without whopping their ass so babdly. And whats up with uploading this ? anyway. It only shows us what a bad parent you are.

I find it funny folks who think like this, are the same ones yellin out "Where were the parents" when that child gets in trouble with the law. Or turns into the street life. Or has multiple kids. Or get mad @ the parents for not disciplining their child when they get outta line.

You dumbazz. I am asking "where are the parents?" Where was he when they were watching twerk videos in the first place? That's what that ? should be asking himself. "Where the ? did I go wrong?" Too many people never self reflect. It does wonders. Im not against beatings. Im against excessive beatings. This was too far. I bet his ass didn't even explain why his did not want their azzes to twerk in the 1st place. The convo he should have had is the history of the sexualization of black women through out this country and why he does not want them to go down that path. But no, he just taught them violence is the answer to everything. No explanation needed. ? a failure.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All jokes aside, some of y'all kids ain't gon' be ? . I can tell already.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »
    Reminds me.

I made a thread asking the IC what they would do if these were there daughters.
    Most of the responses were, "Meh, /shrug."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbQ552HWSlE

This video is 3 years old, so all of these women are technically 18.

SMASH
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joe Jackson beat the black offa Michael and knocked the gravitational viscosity out of his hair.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options

You dumbazz. I am asking "where are the parents?" Where was he when they were watching twerk videos in the first place? That's what that ? should be asking himself. "Where the ? did I go wrong?" Too many people never self reflect. It does wonders. Im not against beatings. Im against excessive beatings. This was too far. I bet his ass didn't even explain why his did not want their azzes to twerk in the 1st place. The convo he should have had is the history of the sexualization of black women through out this country and why he does not want them to go down that path. But no, he just taught them violence is the answer to everything. No explanation needed. ? a failure.

@ they were doin is wrong. Or else they would've have tried to hide from their father. FOH wit talk about he's a failure. He did what a father who CARES about his 2 daughters. How the hell do you know he didn't do that AFTER he whupped their azzz? If you no more about the story and was a witness, then by all means, share wit us.

All that sittin down, therapy session explanation you talkin about doesn't work for all kids. Especially these kids nowadays. Sometimes a good ole fashioned azzz whuppin is what needed to get your point across to your child. I applaud that ? .

These young azzz hefas making twerk vids so these ? ? can be entertained?? FOH!

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just rewatched it, ? could have made an overseer proud.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    ? still using the term ? wrong.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when they were getting that ass whooping they were twerking foreal
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options

Why do people assume that these short videos tell the entire story -

You don't think dude ever tried to discipline those ? ass kids, besides this beating ?

Furthermore, you really think dude is the one who uploaded it ?

Then you're riding for dude to do jail time - wow. He obviously gives a ? about them or he wouldn't even have bothered trying to discipline them.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if people would think that was acceptable if his son was caught stealin' or something.
    I kno' none of us want our daughters to grow into ? , but. I'm not sure that's the best way to go about it.
  • TX5GIN
    TX5GIN Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    her lil ass deserved exactly what she got. most daddies out here dont want a fast ass daughter and im the same way. Real parents must lay the law down every now and then. lil heffa would of gotten beat worse by me..joe jackson style
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Options
    ? we live in a technological and informational age, reinvent how you rear your children. A simple hand of Zeus spanking and sitting down with them and showing them on youtube how the implications of that vid can affect their life >>>>>>>>>>Sending them outside to pick a stick that you're going to beat them with.
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Smh. You cant monitor a kid every second. They could have learned how to twerk from school, friends, cousins, t.v. but you are so sure its the fathers fault. He could have talked to them about this before. You don't know that. At the end of the day they got that ass whooped by their father...something most black girls will unfortunately never experience.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

Why do people assume that these short videos tell the entire story -

You don't think dude ever tried to discipline those ? ass kids, besides this beating ?

Furthermore, you really think dude is the one who uploaded it ?

Then you're riding for dude to do jail time - wow. He obviously gives a ? about them or he wouldn't even have bothered trying to discipline them.

Exactly!
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yfia8U6.jpg

Worst parenting I've ever seen, hopefully they lock this barbarian up for good.

2013 has no place for such savage and uncivilized behavior.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1of1 wrote: »
    "Lemme see you twerk...this....got....damn...cord...on...yo...? ...? ...ass" is how he should have executed it though.

This man is a veteran of gettin ass whoopins I see....lol....I agree with the beatdown....however he shouldn't have tapped it
  • joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Disgusting display of abuse. I'm in agreement that some form of discipline should have taken place, however, this was not. This was abuse through and through. Straight up overkill.

An extension cord, and folks in here saying that's how they got it, too. That's sad.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol the classic turn to the side and jump dodge I used to use back in the day

Yo, my folks aint play that dodging ? . ? was like an insult. You had better take that lick.