M$ XBOX Reveal - "A Real Taste Of The Future" #pause

Options

Comments

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DAMN SHOTS FIRED!!!

One thing is Sonys ads have always been superior to all the other consoles. One thing the ps3 didn't get to benefit from was the red ring of death I know plenty of people that didnt use their warranty and just bought another 360.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    ^ by the way I'm not being sarcastic I want to know what games have the best graphics on PC.
    Probably Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, and Metro Last Light.
    I've seen vids of Far Cry 3 and Metro Last Light and they don't look as good as these Ps4 Xbox one games that have been shown off...
    Videos/Pics of the games in question?

I can drop some screenshots of Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, and Metro Last Light maxed out as a comparison.

Why don't you find them you can go on YouTube and type in maxed out...
    You don't have any names/examples of the games you were referring to?

Just searching "ps4 games" on youtube will lead to a bunch of cutscenes and cinematic trailers.

? , even "WoW" has nice looking cinematic trailers; they look nothing like the actual gameplay though.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    ^ by the way I'm not being sarcastic I want to know what games have the best graphics on PC.
    Probably Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, and Metro Last Light.
    I've seen vids of Far Cry 3 and Metro Last Light and they don't look as good as these Ps4 Xbox one games that have been shown off...
    Videos/Pics of the games in question?

I can drop some screenshots of Crysis 3, Far Cry 3, and Metro Last Light maxed out as a comparison.

Why don't you find them you can go on YouTube and type in maxed out...
    You don't have any names/examples of the games you were referring to?

Just searching "ps4 games" on youtube will lead to a bunch of cutscenes and cinematic trailers.

? , even "WoW" has nice looking cinematic trailers; they look nothing like the actual gameplay though.

You're acting like I have a vendetta against PC gaming which I don't.... My point is PCs will always be superior to consoles but what companies are truly going to utilize its capabilities I only know 3 people who do PC gaming and they use consoles as well but they don't like Crysis and the games they do play can be run on consoles just fine... Yet none of them use the PC as their main source of gaming like they thought they would.

I also have those friends that say they're going to PC gaming but never get around to it.

Trust me if you go the PC gaming route you're still coming right back to the console, don't fool yourself. It doesn't make you original or unique bc you play games on a PC....

• Gold_Certificate
    Options
    Damn bruh, you're overthinking this ? .

You said you wanted to know what the best looking PC games were, so I dropped them; then you replied that you saw some better looking games, so I wanted to see them.
  • IamNumberOne
    IamNumberOne Members Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm kind of missing the PS controller too...and that PS4 control looks smooooth...lol
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    DAMN SHOTS FIRED!!!

One thing is Sonys ads have always been superior to all the other consoles.

LMAO! Really? Those weird ass PS3 launch ads with plastic baby crying and ? were better? LOL. Kevin Butler, the "Sony executive" who did a Wii commercial? LOL. How about "Marcus"? Yea...nobody else remembers him either. The Move ads? Oh, you never saw any? What about the "It only does everything" campaign that they now have to completely backtrack from just to save face with their "core" who weren't buying their games anyway? LOL. ? outta here with that ? . LOL.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    DAMN SHOTS FIRED!!!

One thing is Sonys ads have always been superior to all the other consoles. One thing the ps3 didn't get to benefit from was the red ring of death I know plenty of people that didnt use their warranty and just bought another 360.

I don't know about the American adverts but the British/European ad campaigns for the PS1 and PS2s were trippy as ? . They wern't your average " HERE'S THE PRODUCT - GO BUY IT!" adverts, but they did the key thing in getting the public's attention, getting people intrigued and getting people talking about them. Getting the likes of David Lynch and Chris Cunningham to direct them was a masterstroke. Sony also sponsor the Champions League and the final is tonight so rumour is going around that they'll show the first PS4 TV ad. Sony generally have a better hand at the advertising game than Microsoft.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    DAMN SHOTS FIRED!!!

LMAO! Really? Those weird ass PS3 launch ads with plastic baby crying and ? were better? LOL. Kevin Butler, the "Sony executive" who did a Wii commercial? LOL. How about "Marcus"? Yea...nobody else remembers him either. The Move ads? Oh, you never saw any? What about the "It only does everything" campaign that they now have to completely backtrack from just to save face with their "core" who weren't buying their games anyway? LOL. ? outta here with that ? . LOL.

the feelings in this post are hilarious. Complains about bad ads, yet can remember every one of them and their history. Get on your job mod! console this madam.
  • BlackxChild
    Options
    Damn bruh, you're overthinking this ? .

You said you wanted to know what the best looking PC games were, so I dropped them; then you replied that you saw some better looking games, so I wanted to see them.

Those games don't look better than the ps4 games they where showing Crysis did look amazing on max settings....
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What PS4 games were they showing?
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Damn Microsoft just disabled comments on their Xbox channel. Dat damage control, doe?
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    Damn Microsoft just disabled comments on their Xbox channel. Dat damage control, doe?

Sony got them up against the wall like the NYPD. More importantly they buried themselves by being so vague about things that are really important beyond specs in their reveal. Things like system pricing, the used game and rental game approach and additional services and their surcharges you know things that involve money.

Which is what your general spike tv watcher would've been thinking about first and foremost as well as any sane gamer. They could've had an edge on Sony with that since Sony hasn't spoken on pricing but they're just as clueless at this point. MS PR team going to have to work overtime in the next couple of weeks. MS themselves are going to have to rethink their approach and revamp concepts before E3. The pressure is on.

1zr00ba.jpg

E3 is going to be mighty interesting this year.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    mutley.gif
  • KillaCham
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    Sony got them up against the wall like the NYPD.

LMFAO @ the URL of the Xbox One Reveal Highlights vid on xbox's Youtube channel.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0HgsIf-ps4

Youtube stanning for PS4??
  • KillaCham
    edited May 2013
    Options
    But yeah Brod, I Sony definitely played it smart by showing some goods (features, specs, etc.).. but not TOO much. Xbox showed their hand and it wasn't a pretty one. Now if PS4 has some of those same features we already hate the "One" for having, it won't be as severe as a backlash. The thought of E3 got me stroking my beard.
  • earth two superman
    Options
  • earth two superman
    Options
  • Gold_Certificate
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    What PS4 games were they showing?
    Same ? I wanted to know.

On an unrelated note:
    Microsoft Blames Gaming Media For Xbox One Consumer Rage?
  • earth two superman
    Options
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    DAMN SHOTS FIRED!!!

"how about Marcus" it was Michael and he's the guy in borderlands 2 that gives u free guns he was a 22 year old gamer that died from cancer so Sony did that for him and his family out of respect and borderlands 2 devs put him in the game to show respect that's why in the Sony Michael ad all Sony game characters where saying to Michael
  • earth two superman
    edited May 2013
    Options
    scoop1215 wrote: »
    DAMN SHOTS FIRED!!!

"how about Marcus" it was Michael and he's the guy in borderlands 2 that gives u free guns he was a 22 year old gamer that died from cancer so Sony did that for him and his family out of respect and borderlands 2 devs put him in the game to show respect that's why in the Sony Micheal ad all Sony game characters where saying to Michael

i didnt know that. thats actually pretty cool of sony and the borderlands ppl.

but i think madame focus is talking about marcus, the young ? who sold PSPs for a little while. Not surprising that a ? like focus would have another young ? firmly implanted in his chicken fried brain.
  • scoop1215
    Options
    DAMN SHOTS FIRED!!!

"how about Marcus" it was Michael and he's the guy in borderlands 2 that gives u free guns he was a 22 year old gamer that died from cancer so Sony did that for him and his family out of respect and borderlands 2 devs put him in the game to show respect that's why in the Sony Micheal ad all Sony game characters where saying to Michael

i didnt know that. thats actually pretty cool.

but i think madame focus is talking about marcus, the young ? who sold PSPs for a little while. Not surprising that a ? like focus would have another young ? firmly implanted in his chicken fried brain.

yeah I forgot about that ad smh, but the pic In the Long Live Play Michael ad they hang up at the end is his real pic I never saw xbox do that for their fanbase.
  • earth two superman
    Options
    DAMN SHOTS FIRED!!!

i didnt know that. thats actually pretty cool.

yeah I forgot about that ad smh, but the pic In the Long Live Play Michael ad they hang up at the end is his real pic I never saw xbox do that for their fanbase.

they give you a tshirt for your avatar for your birthday
  • scoop1215
    Options